ZHL's history of Super Mario Bros. X

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Re: ZHL's history of Super Mario Bros. X

Postby Knux » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:10 pm

Zha Hong Lang wrote:I intentionally skipped out on forum events, unless they shaped the broader course of SMBX development (ex Kyasarin and Luminous, who greatly defined the SMBX community during its most active development period). It would be awesome if there were a complete history of the myriad SMBX forums and all the events that happened in each place, but such a history would be too ambitious and subjective in nature to create accurately. I decided to focus on SMBX the program, since it's much more concise and cuts through all the crap.
I remember mostly everything but there a few details that I can't get right if I'm honest. For one, I swear down Redigit briefly reopened his forums near the end of 2010 because he released 1.3, but that might have been on CaptainTrek's forum with the classic board theme. The other event I'm not sure of is the correct year of the "morphforest incident" that I'm sure some folks will know what I'm talking about... (not the forum hijacking)

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:49 pm

Knux wrote:The other event I'm not sure of is the correct year of the "morphforest incident" that I'm sure some folks will know what I'm talking about... (not the forum hijacking)
I don't think that morphforest was ever used by the main SMBX forums after the forum hijack, was it? I only recall Cloud's forum and whatnot using it after that. That means the incident would either be mid to late 2011 or early 2012 at the very latest.

E: wait... I can recall some more details about it now. Yeah, I think it was 2011. I'm not 100% sure on it, but from loosely hearing about the incident I think that's when it happened.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Knux » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:25 am

The hijacking was November 2011, I'm referring to the incident in which ErikMouse was "studied".

Also there are some details in my version of SMBX history that I really hope doesn't cause a stir with certain forum members. It is a detailed history and it's accurate but some people don't like certain facts but hopefully it'll not become an issue.

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:28 pm

I know, and I'm not referring to the hijack, I'm talking about the other incident. I'm pretty sure it was 2011.

Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Knux » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:12 pm

aaah, yes, it was. because thats one of the reasons why he was involved in the hijacking if i remember now

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:18 pm

Perhaps? I just remember that his security system was so terrible that someone could query a password out of it (and did).

Return to “Art Board”