Some of My Drawings

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Utopia
Chat Username: SquishyRex

Some of My Drawings

Postby Squishy Rex » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:22 am

Well, there's only one for now, this was scanned a while back, and it looks better now, not that the scanner did it justice back then. Anyway, this is called "Nightmare", and if you search "Nightmare" or "Nightmare Horse", you should see black horses, with flaming manes, burning hooves and all of that dark sort of stuff. Basically a Nightmare a mythical horse that can fly, without wings, so it's sort of like a Dark counterpart to a Pegasus. The heat it gives off can melt metal and turn any organic material to ash in seconds. And no, for you smart alecs out there, this isn't some rabid Rapidash either...

My Scanner isn't great, so these ones didn't turn out too well. I'd like to present some better images at some point.

"Nightmare"
Spoiler: show
"The Innocence"
"There was an old Owl..."
"The Fight for Balance Between Light and Darkness" WIP
There's more where this one came from, and if I get time, I'll upload them to.
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

HeroOfRhyme
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Re: Some of My Drawings

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:31 am

That's some cool art. Looks like you like to draw animals? Cool stuff.
[08:20:23] <SleepyKitty> AeroMatter, typing /ignore *!*@* will let you block curtain people CTCP'ing you
[08:20:32] <SleepyKitty> so for an example
[08:20:36] <Marinite> curtain
[08:20:40] <Apex> curtain
[08:20:43] <AeroMatter> curtain

Hi Yuki

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Postby Waddle » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:59 pm

ah, someone else with a drawing style similar to mine. I'll probably upload some of mine too, they're mostly pictures of waddle dees. I do like adding slight colouring, though.

9pipbubbles
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby 9pipbubbles » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:19 pm

Squishy Rex wrote:Well, there's only one for now, this was scanned a while back, and it looks better now, not that the scanner did it justice back then. Anyway, this is called "Nightmare", and if you search "Nightmare" or "Nightmare Horse", you should see black horses, with flaming manes, burning hooves and all of that dark sort of stuff. Basically a Nightmare a mythical horse that can fly, without wings, so it's sort of like a Dark counterpart to a Pegasus. The heat it gives off can melt metal and turn any organic material to ash in seconds. And no, for you smart alecs out there, this isn't some rabid Rapidash either...

My Scanner isn't great, so these ones didn't turn out too well. I'd like to present some better images at some point.

"Nightmare"
"The Innocence"
"There was an old Owl..."
"The Fight for Balance Between Light and Darkness" WIP
There's more where this one came from, and if I get time, I'll upload them to.
I'll say, you do sketch well. :)
Hi there :D

YokoAnashiwa
Rex
Rex
Current Project: nothing yet

Postby YokoAnashiwa » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:47 pm

These are some amazing drawings. I believe you're great at drawing horses. No wonder I liked "Nightmare" the most.~

larryholmes
Goomba
Goomba

Postby larryholmes » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:54 pm

Basing at the art, what I love so much is the horse. Why, because it symbolizes of bringing the energy of success, fame, freedom and speed.

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:33 am

Bit of a bump, but I really should use this topic more often. Here's a new creation I made:
Basically it's called "Armoursaurus" and it combines the physical traits of many different creatures both living and extinct. In this case, mainly extinct. It's overall look resembles a Triceratops-esque dinosaur, with a head covered in a single bone-plate, or outer skull. While it does have an outer skull, it does also possess an internal one. The bone fins above the mouth which are part of the outer skull are used mainly as a flotation device while the massive creature swims in bodies of water, while also acting as a sort of rudder. The tail takes the clubbed tail of the Anklyosaurus and combines it with that of a raptor. This tail generates the power to drive the creature through water, but also helps to keep it upright while charging on land. It's clawed feet are also webbed slightly with a skin-like membrane which only open when the creature attempts to swim or enter water, which effectively turns this dinosaur into an all-terrain vehicle. The vertebrae in this dinosaur's neck can pivot like a ball and socket, allowing it to hyper extend to almost 360 degrees and allows it to lower it's horned face to run parallel with the ground while charging. This allows the creature to scoop up foes like a bulldozer and toss them out of the way. Due to the horns, it becomes easy for it to become stuck in a tree, but because the horns are much like pincers, it allows the creature to essentially shear out softer woods and extricate itself from a rather defenseless position.
Coming soon!

4matsy
Rex
Rex

Postby 4matsy » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:38 pm

This is a pretty awesome dinosaur you've got here, Squishy. :3

It's also nice to see an animal design that has actual best-interests-of-survival thought put into it, and not just "let's put this in because it looks cool". :p I'm really liking that head design; I haven't seen much like it before. :o Plus it ended up looking cool anyway. XD
:D

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:07 am

Yeah the original design I made years ago actually had horns, a spiked ball and whole assortment of weird and wonderful things attached to it. Although a much more dumbed down version, I feel it seems more realistic naturally, but also much more balanced. If it were the "let's put this in because it looks cool" version still, I could almost guarantee it could have been the cause of extinction of dinosaurs. :p That said, the things from the depths of my imagination have not yet surfaced, this is but only the beginning.
Coming soon!

MarioHacker
Banned

Postby MarioHacker » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:13 pm

Become a furry artist

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:01 am

Mirror Mage:
"A magical spirit found in the ruins of the Floating City. While it is a shy and timid creature, it appears to any traveler who wishes to enter the ruins. The mirror will reflect each individuals heart. It a heart is deemed to be true, safe passage into the City will be given. Those deemed to have a heart of darkness will be barred entry and for them, so shall the City disappear."
Coming soon!

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Too many things atm! Welp! :(
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:39 am

Wow! These drawings looks amazing! Well done honorable mod SquishyRex! :D
P.S. You should check out my drawings if you have the chance! ^.^')

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:58 am

NintendoOtaku93 wrote:P.S. You should check out my drawings if you have the chance! ^.^')
#shamelessadvertising

Also, that mage looks surprisingly cheery if a Shy and Timid personality.

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: All toasters toast toast
Current Project: Nothing
Chat Username: practical

Postby Rhosty » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:02 pm

My favorite drawing is "Innocence". The little baby dragon looks so cute.

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:58 am

Thanks guys and gals, glad you like them.

Next is a creature which is more of a remaster. I originally drew this thing about 5-6 years ago, but I thought it might be time to do a comparison and see how my skills have changed over the last few years. Allow me to present:

De'Canine:
De'Canine is play on words, combining both "decay" and "canine" and is based loosely upon the "Hellhound" and the darkness inside a person's heart (for example the phrase, "everyone has their own demons"). This is signified by the third eye (the mind's eye) in the middle of De'Canine's head, giving it the ability to see into any person's heart and call forth their "demons", which can be anything from a phobia to guilt and causes them to manifest.

De'Canine is roughly the size of a large bear and is supernaturally strong, as while as agile. The only way to defeat De'Canine is to blind its third eye, while a way to weaken this beast is to essentially overcome their fears. Doing so will cause the manifestation to disappear. If a person overcomes their fears, De'Canine will instinctively begin to search their heart for another weakness. Unfortunately it takes time for this creature to search a person's heart for any darkness that lies within and thus leaves De'Canine vulnerable to a counter attack.
Coming soon!

Return to “Art Board”