Cloud's Forum Adventures Thread

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.
Cloud
Spiny
Spiny

Cloud's Forum Adventures Thread

Postby Cloud » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:27 pm

cancelled
Last edited by Cloud on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:00 pm, edited 36 times in total.

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: Cloud's Forum Adventures Thread

Postby Danny » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:46 pm

The only things I don't care for is the use of soft gradients for shading (doesn't fit with the pixel-art-esque style) and the watermark in the lower left. Other than that it seems okay.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

SilverDeoxys563
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby SilverDeoxys563 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:49 pm

8bitmushroom wrote:and the watermark in the lower left.
Not to put it bluntly, but apparently you can only see the comic un-watermarked if you go to his forum to look at it.
ImageImage
<Ragont> as303298 the movie.wmmp
In these days, I feel particularly blessed, contented, thankful, and inspired to be Christian.

Please don't Steam message me after midnight, kthx.

Cloud
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Cloud » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:22 am

8bitmushroom wrote:The only things I don't care for is the use of soft gradients for shading (doesn't fit with the pixel-art-esque style) and the watermark in the lower left. Other than that it seems okay.
Are you talking about the original 5 sagas or the new 2 episodes?

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:38 am

SilverDeoxys563 wrote:
8bitmushroom wrote:and the watermark in the lower left.
Not to put it bluntly, but apparently you can only see the comic un-watermarked if you go to his forum to look at it.
I mean I can understand a watermark at the bottom of the comic but on every panel is unnecessary.
Cloud wrote:
8bitmushroom wrote:The only things I don't care for is the use of soft gradients for shading (doesn't fit with the pixel-art-esque style) and the watermark in the lower left. Other than that it seems okay.
Are you talking about the original 5 sagas or the new 2 episodes?
Both.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Cloud
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Cloud » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:04 pm

Soft gradients are only used for background objects of the new series. In the original series, I was much less experienced than I am now and it was basically gradient spam. I can see about reducing the number of gradient effects, but I think it looks fine for the most part.

(Updated with Chapter 3, which was late due to recent happenings IRL)

EDIT: Unfortunately, I'm not here with a new episode today. Rather, I'm here to share some new details about the final saga that I'll be drawing of CFA. After this, I'm going to official gaidens, which will turn the whole comic into a more light-hearted one rather than a serious heavy storyline as it's always been:

- Episodes will now be released on Saturdays at 12PM EST. This is due to a new class that happens from 9:50AM to 11:20PM EST on Thursdays that would prevent me from having enough time to work on and release a new episode.
- Cloud, FCN, Blue, and Robin will play Family Feud against the main antagonists at some point in the storyline.
- Escape (Michel, Raster, Bomber57) will reappear, playing a much more prominent role in the story.
- Universtar City, which was formerly a replacement Observatory created by Cloud and FCN, is now its own city under its own management.
- The saga is the last one I'll make, it'll be 50 chapters long, and the final battle and ending will be fully animated along with a comic form of it.

Cloud
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Cloud » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:36 pm

Updated with Chapters 4, 5, and 6.

Palisade
Banned

Postby Palisade » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:52 pm

Just a bit of advice here. Don't use transparent speech bubbles,sometimes the words blend in with the background and it can be a bit of an eyesore.
I've also noticed that you have gone slightly overboard with the special effects which is really distracting from the plot.
Lying awake in bed. Feeling the spot on my chest. Where you used to rest your head.

Cloud
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Cloud » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:35 pm

Palisade wrote:Just a bit of advice here. Don't use transparent speech bubbles,sometimes the words blend in with the background and it can be a bit of an eyesore.
I've also noticed that you have gone slightly overboard with the special effects which is really distracting from the plot.
Could you direct me to the specific panel(s) that this is a problem? I'll try to fix it.

As for the special effects, I'm purposefully going overboard during the Imagina chapters because it's essentially a dream. A dream would be boring without some messed-up stuff.

Palisade
Banned

Postby Palisade » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:42 pm

It's mostly the black text on dark shading It gets buried in the images.
Lying awake in bed. Feeling the spot on my chest. Where you used to rest your head.

Cloud
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Cloud » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:25 pm

Due to a general lack of interest, I'll be putting the series on hold for a long time. I'm going to take this time to not only focus on real life matters, but to seriously think about what makes a comic appealing to people and how I can make it a success.

Cloud
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Cloud » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:29 pm

Updated with Chapters [7] 8, and 9. Chapter 9 is the most disturbing episode of CFA to date IMO. I guess that's what happens when you let your mind run free while scriptwriting.

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: SMBX2 Custom Assets Library
Chat Username: SquishyRex

Postby Squishy Rex » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:05 pm

Cloud, could you re-upload "Cloud's Call To Duty", it say the requested image no longer exists. I really love the story so far though.
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

Cloud
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Cloud » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:23 pm

It has been reuploaded.

Now is the time for changes to episodes (visually) to be changed. If you have any nitpicks please let me know.

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:31 pm

If I find anything to nitpick I'll let you know, and thanks for re-uploading the other episode. :)
Coming soon!

Cloud
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Cloud » Thu May 07, 2015 10:56 pm

huge update

Added Chapters 10, 11, and 12, and redid a few old ones while increasing overall quality. Chapter 13 will come sometime but due to (another) general lack of interest across the whole internet it's not a priority right now.

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Thu May 07, 2015 11:45 pm

Awesome, I've been waiting for the next set of chapters. I can't wait to see what happens.
Coming soon!

Cloud
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Cloud » Wed May 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Updated with Chapter 13.

Note that I am streaming the making of CFA Chapter 14 now! http://www.twitch.tv/cloudsforumadventures

Zonnepoes
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: Nothing at all.

Postby Zonnepoes » Wed May 13, 2015 3:21 pm

The artstyle reminds me a bit of Kirby (which is actually true) and some other things. It looks pretty funny and i like the effects. :P
Spoiler: show
Don't click if you dare! (bad box)

Also known on those websites as:
smwcentral:http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=25353
raocow's talkhaus:http://talkhaus.raocow.com/memberlist.p ... le&u=98499

Keep in mind that i am not a very active SMBX poster anymore. The game is still pretty awesome, but i decided to post a little more on SMWCentral.

Cloud
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Cloud » Wed May 13, 2015 3:41 pm

Please note that the series is ending after this saga due to a lack of attention.

I usually spend around 4 hours drawing each episode, and Blueoak, Bomber57, and I have spent well over 100 hours coming up with a storyline. CFA's concepts have been in development since 2012, and no episodes were released until 2014.

The reason it is ending is due to abysmal feedback overall. Nothing at the fault of specific users, but I figure I shouldn't be spending over 20 hours a week for 1 comment. Sorry.

Return to “Art Board”