FastDasher's Treasure Chest of Art

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.
FastDasher
Rex
Rex

FastDasher's Treasure Chest of Art

Postby FastDasher » Thu May 14, 2015 12:53 pm

On this topic you can look at some pixel art and 3D models I've created, I hope you enjoy them!

Pixel Art:
Spoiler: show
I spent a while on this one, it started out as a simple light-hearted picture but ended up taking a dark turn. I eventually animated it in Photoshop since I made two versions. The yellow lines that appear at the beginning of the loop is actually a corrupted part of the image. I have no idea how that happened, but I left it in since it fits the mood.
This image only took me 10-15 mins to make and features a character I designed years ago. I don't have a lot to say about it since it's so simple, but If I decided to change anything in this image It'd be to make the legs taller and create a better gradient for the sky.
I added a few new things to him.gif which includes a longer gif, more versions of him, and more corruptions. This version took a little bit longer to make than the first version, and I like it better than the old, boring, and short version.
3D Models:

I love criticism as long as it's constructive, it helps me improve and I welcome it.
Last edited by FastDasher on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 8 times in total.
I don't use this account that much but maybe someday I will . . .

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Re: FastDasher's Treasure Chest of Art

Postby HenryRichard » Thu May 14, 2015 3:11 pm

There are broken images.

But when I right-click and open the image in a new tab, I can find them. I can say the first one scares me and that the second one is quite good. I like the pac-man on his shirt.
Jesus is my savior.

FastDasher
Rex
Rex

Postby FastDasher » Thu May 14, 2015 10:47 pm

HenryRichard wrote:There are broken images.

But when I right-click and open the image in a new tab, I can find them. I can say the first one scares me and that the second one is quite good. I like the pac-man on his shirt.
I uploaded them through imgur so they should be working now.
Last edited by FastDasher on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Metamorphizer
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Metamorphizer » Fri May 15, 2015 12:34 am

It's good, but I really think it needs another frame or two.

FastDasher
Rex
Rex

Postby FastDasher » Fri May 15, 2015 9:19 am

Cascade wrote:It's good, but I really think it needs another frame or two.
Maybe I could create a 3rd and 4th version to add to the animation. I also wanted to add some form of "corruption" or texture to the gif ever since the original got corrupted.

Thanks for inspiration I'll see if I can add anything to it, thanks!

FastDasher
Rex
Rex

Postby FastDasher » Wed May 20, 2015 8:40 pm

I've added a few things to him.gif which includes a longer gif, more versions of him, and more corruptions.

Presenting him_v2.gif:
Now I'm working on some Team Fortress 2 pixel art, my first image is almost complete and I'll post it soon. The other pieces of art I've created still need to be modified in size since most of them are +2000 pixels * +2000 pixels. As always be sure to tell me what you think of my creations and stay tuned for future art!

Uzendayo
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: I don't even know anymore

Postby Uzendayo » Fri May 22, 2015 12:07 am

FastDasher wrote:I've added a few things to him.gif which includes a longer gif, more versions of him, and more corruptions.

Presenting him_v2.gif:
Now I'm working on some Team Fortress 2 pixel art, my first image is almost complete and I'll post it soon. The other pieces of art I've created still need to be modified in size since most of them are +2000 pixels * +2000 pixels. As always be sure to tell me what you think of my creations and stay tuned for future art!
I'm sorry, but uhh... How do I put this lightly...

Fnaf?
I placed 18th in CC8,
I placed 8th in CC11, and I
Won 1st in the First Vanilla Level Competition
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
You might know me as Epoch
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING

FastDasher
Rex
Rex

Postby FastDasher » Mon May 25, 2015 9:00 pm

Here's the TF2 pixel art I talked about, I also made it my profile picture a couple of days ago.
Epoch wrote:
FastDasher wrote:I've added a few things to him.gif which includes a longer gif, more versions of him, and more corruptions.

Presenting him_v2.gif:
I'm sorry, but uhh... How do I put this lightly...

Fnaf?
It does look like a FNAF inspired animation, but I wasn't really thinking about it until I finished it.

FastDasher
Rex
Rex

Postby FastDasher » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:24 pm

I've been working on some Mario player models for a new video game I'm working on. Essentially I want the game to be a Super Mario 3D World/Super Mario Bros X kind of game, for now I'm calling my project Super Mario 3D X.

All of the models are made out of blocks (voxels) and sooner or later I'm going to rig them, animate them, and implement them into the game. So far I've completed small mario and big mario, for now Luigi will be a skin since it'll be easier that way.

Next I'm going to work on some tiles with the tile template i've created, and I'm also going to work on Toad too. Eventually I'll get around to making enemies such as Goombas, Koopas, Bowser, Bloopers, Hammer Bros, and more.

Also, the models are made up by separate parts. The complete Mario model is made up with a head model, a body model, two arm models, and two leg models. That way I can rig and animate it without having them stick to each other.

Oh, and the Mario models are based off of the Super Mario Bros. NES character designs. Toad will be based off of the Super Mario Bros. 2 NES/SNES character design, and all of the tiles will be from most of the original 2D mario games.

If you guys have any critizism, suggestions, or questions, then leave a reply or PM me. Thanks for the support! :D

FastDasher
Rex
Rex

Postby FastDasher » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:09 pm

So I've rigged the small Mario model and have created a small test animation. I've also done started working on the big Toad model, which obviously needs some more work. The small Toad is taking a bit longer because I keep restarting his design.

Return to “Art Board”