General Political Thread

Off-topic discussion.
Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: General Political Thread

Postby Teemster2 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:15 pm

Here are my predictions for the electoral college and I won't base my oppinion off polls which had 2016 wrong.

Trump really needs to win Florida and Pennsylvania. Those are the two biggest battleground states for him. Without Florida he probably won't win the electoral college. He has seen alot of newly registered Republicans in both states since March where the Democrats have not seen much of a increase but it will still be a tight race in both states with Florida leaning Republican.

The Democrats are making plays for Arizona and Texas, deep red states but AZ was close in 2016. The Republicans are making plays for Nevada and Minnesota. Minnesota has voted Democrat for the last 11 elections and probably won't turn. New Hampshire is also in play and Colorado is a swing state but looks to lean Democratic after Dems won last 3 times there in a election. Wisconsin and Michigan are also battle ground states that could go ethier way.

The remaining battle ground states are Iowa, Ohio and North Carolina. Iowa and Ohio look to be leaning Republican in my oppinion and NC is historically Republican. Ohio has picked the winner in every election but 1.

Having said that even if Trump takes Iowa, North Carolina, Ohio and Florida it still won't be enough. He really needs Pennsylvania wich is historically a Democratic state.

If Biden wins in Florida I think he will win but I'm still in favor of Trump right now for Florida. The Democrats have the advantage with a higher amount of electoral points starting out so we will see what happens.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

cato
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Creative, opinionated, but poor expression

Postby cato » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:57 am

Youtube has been a great place because it keeps recommending videos that show Trump is a great person, supported by different Americans. This video helped others to wake up and change their mind to support Trump.

The biggest problem that I have is social/mainstream media bias against Trump. Most people on Reddit or Twitter are influenced by news articles, regardless of bias. They like to present arguments and proofs without doing researches or fact-checkings, or event censor them. They removed posts that are critical to Biden but yet keeping the bombastic claims targeting Trump. Here is the list of media bias in the US, read them before you go link articles to prove me wrong. They made up facts and selectively edit the clips. After all, CNN claimed to be objective but yet is biased against the right.

Trump isn't really a racist person. He has done so much to the black community than most other people. People and biased social/mainstream media used to misquote him with misleading contexts to target at him. Despite constantly condemning white supremacist many times before and during his presidency, the clips were ignored. Of course, he failed to defend himself in the debate, but one mess-up doesn't reflect his past. In fact, everyone in the US is Americans. There is no labelling them as "black" or "white". On the contrary, the left is the racist one, calling people who disagree with them racist, promoting hate speech etc.

Trump plays a major role in the international community to resist the expansion of China and the spread of communism. He is tough on China, which exactly makes people outside the US to support Trump. People in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, India, even those locked behind the wall of China, wants Trump to recover and re-elect. They see him as the person who can liberate China and give the people the freedom and the democracy that they deserved. China is preparing to launch a full-scale war against Taiwan, as well as returning back to communism to boost economy, and the US is the only one that can prevent that from happening. The left is going out of control, and it there is no return.

At last, I would like to clarify one thing, communism doesn't mean equality. For example, in capitalism, if you work hard and others don't, you earn money while others don't. But in communism, if you work hard and others don't, you have to give your share of money to others. To everyone who supports communism, is it equal to give your earnings to those who don't deserve it? The government would own everything, you property, market price, resources. Communism produced dictators like Stalin and Mao, who killed millions under their regimes. History always speaks the truth.

As I say again, news articles and social/mainstream media are problematic. Do your own research, be informed and don't be lied by them. You are entitled to your opinion, but you aren't entitled to your own facts.

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:06 am

Trump dated a black woman for 2 years, got a award next to Rosa Parks and Muhomad Ali, was on the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, gave Dennis Rodman a big money donation for his charity, denounced white supremacy in the past and was told by Oprah Winfrey to run for President. Hard to say he is racist. Almost everyone loved him before he ran under the Republican ticket.

The left constantly brings up white supremacy as a big problem. The KKK has 3,000 registered members left and Trump is declaring them a terrorist organization. So the left also brings up proud boys alot. Problem with this is proud boys has black and Cuban Hispanic members thus they are not a racist group.

I'm 35 and have never met a white supremacist in Iowa. So how is it a big problem for America if it does not really exist anymore?

A few years back a black soccer team in Iowa was trashed and called the n word but it was a Mexican soccer team doing the name calling. Hate comes in all colors and races. It's time to stop blaming white people for everything.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:22 pm

Write in Kanye.

Idunn
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: Waluigi

Postby Idunn » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:05 am

Can’t wait till these elections are over, so we can move to other political stuff here and just Biden that and Trump this.

Or maybe this thread suddenly dies then, I would politically question Germany a lot but that would get me in a cross fire here I bet.
Things i support!
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:26 am

Idunn wrote:I would politically question Germany a lot

in what regard? Corona, climate, other stuff?
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Idunn
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Idunn » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:23 am

Kinda, also just generally about certain parties and groups like the Antifa which is always praised to be a good one yet they've done some weird shit also.

There's a lot of hysteria going on but nothing is being done to the people who cause it, the media shouldn't be allowed to give certain people that much attention to spread so much miss information.

People always say We've got the best ones, but i would disagree on that.. though Söder is someone i do like cause he's the one handling this all very good unlike others like Laschet.
Things i support!
ImageImage

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:55 pm

What are the top issues in Germany right now? Last story I remember out of there was a minister killing himself due to coronavirus pressure.

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:01 pm

Aero wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:55 pm
What are the top issues in Germany right now? Last story I remember out of there was a minister killing himself due to coronavirus pressure.
Is thier term limits in Germany? Angela Merkel I think her name is has been in power for quite some time now. She must be popular.

Added in 20 minutes 16 seconds:
Im shocked. The NYT actually posted a story about Hunter Biden and Ukraine that makes Joe look bad and people are not happy. Twitter and Facebook tried to block the story and even suspended accounts who linked the story including the Trump Team account.

Jack Dorsey of Twitter has been supeana to show up in court and state why he did this and he has since changed Twitter's policy. Facebook may be next.

The problem is they had no problem sharing Trumps tax story because it made Trump look bad but tried to block a story that made Biden look bad publicly interfering in the election to help Biden. That is not good.

Biden on a recorded video where he publicly told Ukraine to fire a guy or lose billions of dollars when Obama was president. Democrats accused Trump of doing same thing trying to impeach him while Joe gets a free pass.

The story just released is about Hunter Biden who worked for a power company in Ukraine called Burisma making millions. The NYT says they have e-mails that show there was more going on then what Biden said and does not look good for Biden.

The story could be false but with what we already know it seems credible.

Idunn
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Idunn » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:40 am

That's the last from Germany you heard?

Guess people missed a lot then like:

- The constant riots
- The constant politic violant demonstrations from the left and right
- The Stuttgart riot which was supposed to be a friendly BLM thing but haha no
- The Police Force Issue that is still going on
- Seehofer refusing to have deep investigations set to motion against said Police Forces
- The Moira Issue with people not wanting them in Germany (Erdogan made them homeless and Greece didn't want them and then their Camp was set on Fire and people still disliked it when Germany said they going to help them get a foot a hold)
- Erdogan still being a issue to Germany since he keeps threating it
- Several Parties still blaming people who want a better Climate
- The AFD wanting to remove the whole Corona Protection because apparently Germany is just using it to cover up Money Issues
- The Political Media giving attention to those who speak against the Mask Order instead of just being quiet for once
- And much more.

In short, 2020 has been one of the worst years for Germany.
Things i support!
ImageImage

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:45 pm

I don't follow German news much. That's all awful. It's been a bad year everywhere.

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Murphmario » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:13 pm

From what you've said, Germany seems to be struggling just as much as the United States. Hope things get better over there.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:14 am

Murphmario wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:13 pm
From what you've said, Germany seems to be struggling just as much as the United States. Hope things get better over there.
The USA is so messed up that even with the problems going on over here in Germany I still rejoice over not living in the USA every day.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:22 pm

It does now appear credible via e-mails and a laptop that Joe Biden used his son Hunter Biden to make millions in Ukraine.

The polls still show Biden winning but there is signs the polls may be wrong just like 2016. Democrats were expected to vote early and in mass this year where Republicans were expected to vote in mass on election day. Democrats in early voting have vastly outvoted Republicans overall but key battle ground states show a different trend and the Biden campaign has recently said the polls could be wrong and Trump could win in a effort to get voters voting thus they could be very worried.

In Michigan a state worth 16 electoral college votes and the polls have in favor of Biden shows Republicans vastly out voting Democrats. In Ohio Republicans are ahead too. In Wisconsin about the same number of Democrats has voted as Republicans and in Florida the Republicans are not far behind Democrats. In Texas Republicans are coming out in mass meaning it may not actually be in play for Democrats.

In Pennsylvania the Democrats have vastly outvoted Republicans but the Republicans have closed the registration gap there somewhat like Florida so this could change.

Having said that we don't actually know who people are voting for but if Trump keeps most of his Republican base these are very good signs for him.

The media has said a record number of people have voted early.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:08 pm

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:51 pm

A struggling bar owner in a Biden ad is actually a wealthy investor who supported lockdowns according to the NYT.

Biden has stopped campaign rallies for now to take a break while Trump goes to 3 a day.

The final debate is tommorow and the moderator is another Democrat who picked the questions. Trump wants foreign policy included where he has been working to end all wars, get us out of Afghanistan, make peace in the Middle East and has been nominated for a Nobel Prize but the Democrats only want to talk about the same things as last time including covid and white supremacy as if those questions will hurt Trump. Typical.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby Electriking » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:24 pm

SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:47 pm

Kamala Harris is speaking to the cast of the avengers thinking that will score points with thier followers just like Biden did with Cardi B.

Fans are trashing Chris Pratt because he will not be there accusing him of being MAGA and ABC is attacking Kamala for talking to movie stars over them.

Trump speaks to the American people while Biden and Harris do interviews with rich movie stars who don't care about anyone but themselves.

50 cent Curtis Jackson had endorsed Trump because he does not like Biden's tax plan that will increase taxes and Ice Cube is working with Trump on a 50 billion dollar deal to help black people and the left is trashing him even though he never endorsed Trump.

FireyPaperMario
Toad
Toad
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:30 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:47 pm
The trash talk between politics has gone TOO far imo! Thank god I voted for a Green party nomination in early voting
My Pixiv
Best Quotes: show
Danny wrote:
Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:49 pm
No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:26 am
That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:50 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:30 pm
Teemster2 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:47 pm
The trash talk between politics has gone TOO far imo! Thank god I voted for a Green party nomination in early voting
I agree. People are being way to harsh towards others.

Also it has been confirmed Hunter Biden's laptop has been turned over to the FBI. The FBI is investigating to see if it really is Hunter Biden's laptop and how Rudy Guiliani who turned it over even got it.

This will be interesting to see if anything comes of this.

Return to “Sandbox”