Off-topic discussion.
The Thwomp King
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish

Re: Mafia Revival: Mafia 5: Player Analysis

Postby The Thwomp King » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:38 pm

Uranus wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:30 pm
Yeah, didnt do too well, Had fun though.

Also, only half of the mafia got wiped out, not 3/4
Oh the 3/4 was in reference to 3/4 of you died in one Day and Night Cycle. Since Dawn and jordan died on N2 and you on D2.

Check out my current project, Super Mario Country:

Uranus
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: just cool

Postby Uranus » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:40 pm

The Thwomp King wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:38 pm
Uranus wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:30 pm
Yeah, didnt do too well, Had fun though.

Also, only half of the mafia got wiped out, not 3/4
Oh the 3/4 was in reference to 3/4 of you died in one Day and Night Cycle. Since Dawn and jordan died on N2 and you on D2.
Ok.

Cedur
Bowser
Bowser
Flair: semi-retired user, only interested in post ranks
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:00 pm

Would be good to post the games as well so I'm not confused at first sight thinking there were 5 mafiosos (bc there's a fifth spoiler for Mafia overall) (and also the 2nd 3rd party was originally a townie)
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

SAStar777
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Postby SAStar777 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:20 pm

Still can't believe Fyre dying painted black immediately after using his Ability 1 on Kanye truly was a coincidence.

Well, the dying part I knew was gonna happen (mwahahahahahahaha), but not the painted black part.

Honestly, I think there's a good chance I would've been destroyed if Salt didn't paint Fyre black.
yaaaaaaawn Huh? Oh. Hi. I'm SAStar. ...I don't do stuff here much.
Here's some random color text.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:30 am

SAStar777 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:20 pm
Still can't believe Fyre dying painted black immediately after using his Ability 1 on Kanye truly was a coincidence.

Well, the dying part I knew was gonna happen (mwahahahahahahaha), but not the painted black part.

Honestly, I think there's a good chance I would've been destroyed if Salt didn't paint Fyre black.
If I paid enough attention to follow Kayne's instruction OR caught you before night 6, then you would have also lost. I never agreed to hiding night 6 to my knowledge, but on a change of topic... where is M7's analysis?

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Uranus
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Uranus » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:15 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:30 am
SAStar777 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:20 pm

If I paid enough attention to follow Kayne's instruction OR caught you before night 6, then you would have also lost. I never agreed to hiding night 6 to my knowledge, but on a change of topic... where is M7's analysis?
Dawn was gonna pass it to Mosaic who didnt pay attention to the game. So I don't think we are getting one.

Uranus
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Uranus » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:30 pm

Hello people. Court has been dismissed and the state has reviewed your progress and listed the logs, here are the Mafia 10 Logs for the Innocent, The Guilty and the Jury.

Analysis

Third Party:

TayCamGame, The Judge: You managed to stay relatively hidden but was narrowed down by Thwomp. Imo you were close to a blue but I feel like your impact was minimal (though me forgetting your abilities did help a bit in your downfall sooo sowwyy)

Inferno, The Crooked Lawyer: Oh boy, So you managed to align yourself with the mafia, good. It paid off as Fyre put out a well timed plan for LGL to die which helped both sides and helped you win the game. However, you did reveal the mafia in a rage which was an unnecessary move, Please refrain from this in the future. In conclusion you did good individually .  You did not do a great job at infiltrating the town alliance either but I am giving you an orange because you won and your plans were not foiled but you failed to be loyal to the mafia.

Third Party Review: Both Third parties did good imo,  Not much else to say here.

Mafia:

SaStar, the Baliff: Well done on leading the mafia, you managed to stay out of relative suspicion and did not make any bad plays. Sad that you were spotted by Thwomp’s Gang, otherwise you played pretty well.

Mr Greenman, the Corrupted Witness: You were not that active tbh but not red because you stayed out of sight and were semi active.

FyreNova, The Backstabber: Your plan to kill LGL ended up working well and it got both sides to win something, However, two game flaws were being suspected by Thwomp’s gang and killing Greenman to “just end the game” instead of working with him in the Mafia’s final moments. Still, good job.

Mafia Overall: You guys managed to kill 3 specials pretty early on which was pretty nice. You were screwed out by Inferno sadly, you guys had real potential to win but were screwed. Best faction this game imo.

Town:

Koobnoob, the Attorney: Died night one, you could not have any impact on the game

Computerfan, the Prosecutor: You were inactive but managed to get hooked up by Thwomp and successfully healed. Probably the lightest green of the game though.

LGL, the Witness: You could have gotten rid of Fyre early in the game but were muted, you had a chance to convince the jury to kill Fyre but unfortunately did not use it the opportunity.

MECHDRAGON, the Helper Defense: You were pretty inactive but managed to clutch in late game by taking attorney and being hooked by Thwomp. Overall, a light green but still good

Saltlord, the Green Mason: You were Thwomp’s little buddy who didn't do too much but gave Joe updates despite being inactive and assisted Thwomp when needed. Played pretty well.

Joemama, The Red Mason: you were pretty inactive but did help with the Fyre lynch. Not much to say otherwise.

TTK, a Townie: You lead the town alliance and correctly guessed all three mafias and guesshotted Taycam. You lying about inspection results helped town kill the required people. You had a different playstyle this game which I like. Nice job Thwomp.

Helmet, a Townie: Most things that apply to Mech are the same here except the ability stuff.

Light Yagami, a Townie: Very inactive, only shitposted and did nothing but leak your role. PLEASE MAKE AN ATTEMPT NEXT TIME.

Dawnfire, The Miller: You were inactive and didnt really participate in much game wise. At least you tried to be somewhat active. A bit disappointing tbh, I wanted more from you on your return.

Town Overall: You guys did decent. Thwomp and his crew carried the town but it wasn't a trainwreck like M8.

Game Overall: It was ok. There weren’t any outstanding plays but nothing really dumb either. Could have done more with the jury mechanic and better hosting though. Not a trainwreck but nothing great either.

Plot: A lazy judge invites 15 people to a courthouse and gets hooked on MTPO. He almost gets a WR but when he finds out he forgot to stop the clock, he goes mentally insane and kills 99% of the Punch Out!! Cast along with some others. He is stopped and murdered by TTK and the others. The Boss offers Koobnoob a drink while two beings, Tonie and Mafo spectate every single mafia game. Mafo secretly plots to take over the universe with the help of a beefed up Mr Back Corner.

M10 Logs: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... Olkoa4XRWj

SAStar777
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Re: Mafia Revival: Mafia 11: Player Analysis

Postby SAStar777 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:30 am

The first game of season 3 has ended!
This one was an interesting concept as it was a faction game!

For this one, we took a game that was in the old game concept thread that was never played and gave it a go. It was Fantasy is my Ecstasy by Magna. You can find the orginal one here, but I ended up making some changes that I felt were necessary (mainly the Apoplexy Orge, who would've easily been exposed with votes in the orginal, and the Southern King, who would've changed how instas worked). The revised version can be found in the game logs here.

Now then, as for player reviews...
Arachnids: show
Davidk400, the Eastern Magician
  • First death of the game on your grand return. You couldn't make much of an impact besides somehow contacting one of your teammates only to be lynched that same phase. RIP
Rating: ORANGE

FyreNova, the Kamikaze Underling
  • Well you ended up resorting to just helping others thinking you couldn't win. Which...honestly, that was a good thought since Davide was the first death and Koob wasn't being helpful at all. Let's base this analysis off of that instead.
  • So, LGL contacted you immediately and you two agreed to claim to each other the first chance you got. I bet you were startled when he said "Honorable Knight." Fortunately, you got him to agree to lynch you if he had to get rid of you.
  • Inferno later contacted you as well, but you initially wanted revenge for...a past event, so you edited a log of your conversation with him in order to try to get him lynched. ...Where did you get "Graverobber" from if the Morphing Miller isn't a Graverobber, though? (The Morphing Miller was a new role entirely.)
  • Later on, you told Uranus you knew another orange, but instead of just telling him straight away, you decided to get LGL's permission first. Unfortunately, timezones messed that up a bit.
  • Afterwards, however, you revealed your alliance with LGL when Salt just wouldn't listen to Taycam assuming oranges have to die just because they have the Honorable Knight.
  • Finally, you decided to help Inferno after all and you two started plotting against Taycam and Uranus. Sadly, Inferno wanted a snipevote finale, but school got in his way and the last two Lions won anyway.
  • Thinking about it, if that snipevote finale happened, you could have then betrayed Inferno again (by having whoever wasn't lynched between Taycam and Uranus vote with you againt Inferno) and won anyway. Not sure if you would have done that, though.
Rating: GREEN

Koob_noob, the Apoplexy Ogre
  • You only used your ability once, even though you could have used it multiple times (specifically, until you gotten one kill with it).
  • On top of that, you never claimed to Fyre even after he claimed in public, which really hurt your team's chances further than the Day 2 lynch did.
  • Please, PLEASE do better next time.
Rating: RED

The Arachnids Overall
  • Well, considering one wasn't doing much, one was the first death of the game, and one ended up helping others out instead because of the aforementioned two...honestly, this team fell apart pretty quickly team-wise. Fyre was the only one that did well.

Cobras: show
Computerfan0, the Morphing Miller
  • The one game where it's literally impossible for you to be a normal Townsperson, yet you were STILL inactive for some inexplicable reason.
  • AND you only used your morphing ability once, not even using the copied ability afterwards. I understand that you wanted to wait until you knew some roles, but you could have just as easily learned three roles early on just by copying them.
  • You at least told Inferno (your teammate) (well, Kanye at the time) who Koob (your copied target) was, but that was about the extent of what you did this game. Never copied since nor used the copied ability.
  • Honestly, where were you most of this game? This is the one game where being a regular Townsperson was impossible and you ended up...like this.
Rating: RED

MECHDRAGON777, the Wise Wizard
  • So, as far as I could tell, you were a bit out of it this game as you initially tried to inspect two people that weren't playing.
  • You also only talked like once mentioning that you had no strat for a faction game like this. I know you have a job now, but not talking much is...not very good. Especially for you.
  • But, one of your teammates, Inferno, contacted you. Sadly, as luck would have it, he was working with Taycam to gather info and fakeclaimed to you as Taycam's role using the info he gave you. Oof.
  • Smart idea to not tell someone who claims to be of another team your color, let alone your role, though. ...But I have to wonder how things would have played out if you simply told him your color...
  • Also, you were the only death outside of lynches as LGL died soon after killing you, Fyre never got lynched, and Koob never scored a kill. I'm not sure if I should congratulate you on that, add a grave marker for you in my Terraria graveyard of NSMBX Mafia deaths related to events that stuck out to me, or both. ...I think I'l do both. Congrats on being the only death outside of lynches this game! ...Now I gotta add a grave marker for you in my Terraria graveyard of NSMBX Mafia deaths related to events that stuck out to me.

Inferno, the original Northern King
  • Inferno didn't want to be reviewed. So, no review for him this time. If he changes his mind, though, I'll edit this post to have a review for him.
Rating: ???

KanyeBakingCupcakes, the temporary Northern King Replacement
  • Kanye didn't want to be reviewed either. Doubt he'll change his mind on this, but I'll keep the offer I'm giving Inferno of editing this post to have him reviewed anyway open just in case.
Rating: BLUE (for the lulz) ???

The Cobras Overall
  • Honestly, this team had a lot of potential lost. Maybe if Computerfan and Mech were more active things could have played out a lot differently. Definitely would've been better for this team. But as it stands...

Lions: show
Taycamgame, the Western Magician
  • Early on, you tried to get as much info as possible, which inadvertently involved getting Inferno to fakeclaim to a teammate using info you gave him.
  • You also learned Chilly's color from Inferno, leading you to realize that he and Jordan were on the same team after Jordan publicly claimed.
  • ...And then you presented that to the public. How come? That easily got them to start an alliance themselves.
  • Regardless, however, you eventually got in contact with Uranus, and you two were probably the best coordinated duo of the game. The only other alliance I can think of that was close also involved you two, but had Inferno in it as well, though you ended up needing to betray him in the end.
  • Also, your color swaps were phenomenal when they started to actually make an impact. They made Fyre think he was the last Arachnid after Salt died and turned Inferno against Computerfan, his own teammate. You even lied to Inferno after the Koob lynch saying you didn't swap colors.
  • In the end, you ended up backstabbing Inferno with a double snipevote before he could backstab you with a double snipevote that had one count as two. If you voted him earlier, or if you lynched Fyre last instead, I highly doubt things would have ended well for you and Uranus. So, good job.
Rating: BLUE

LGLMAKING, the Honorable Knight
  • So, early on, you contacted Fyre and formed an alliance with him even though he was Kamikaze Underling.
  • You two were planning things well, given you got an early Inferno lynch setup of your own and were deciding kill targets.
  • Or, well...one kill target. Unfortunately, after Mech died, Kanye was called in to temporary replace Inferno while the latter was getting voted on for...I won't go into more details regarding that. But Kanye wanted an inactive gone and you just weren't active enough.
  • Making matters worse is that that was when Fyre wanted your permission to tell Uranus about you. Sadly, timezones struck again, and messed you up before you could get in contact with one of your own teammates.
  • I say you did well for what you were able to do, though, since your lynch reasoning was due to unfortunate circumstances.

Uranus, the Fearless Fairy
  • Early on, you also tried to get info with alliances, though when Fyre decided he should get permission from LGL before telling you about him, timezones ruined everything.
  • You also correctly identified LGL as the Honorable Knight after he was lynched, however, and got the news to your only other teammate.
  • Soon after, you two went on to be probably the best coordinated team of the game. I'd keep going, but I feel a bit of what I said about Taycam applies to you as well (i.e fooling other players with colors and betraying Inferno before he could betray you).

The Lions Overall
  • Honestly, thinking about it, this game might have had the best chances of winning given they had the least restricted killer. However, the Honorable Knight died so early. But the remaining two members took it from there, showing that they didn't need their killer to be alive for long in order to win.

Wolverines: show
Chilly, the Ancient Healer
  • Inferno contacted you early on, and you two formed an alliance from there.
  • However, Jordan later claimed in public and Taycam exposed you and Jordan as teammates. You took this opportunity to reveal to Jordan your role so you could start working from there.
  • ...Too bad people just wanted the Wolverines dead, though. Not sure why since your early lead was gone after Salt was lynched. You were active at least.

Jordandiablo, the Goblin Swordsman
  • So, yeah, LGL legitimately didn't kill the first two phases. He did kill Night 3, but by that point, you were convinced the Honorable Knight was Inferno (your constant roleblock target) and that the kill was due to the Morphing Miller.
  • Still a good move to try to get Inferno lynched, though, since he had the Cobra role that could easily claim to get an alliance with little to no consequence and had more voting power than anyone (Northern King, a Doublevoter).
  • You even contacted Uranus, Salt, and Fyre a day before in order to get support beforehand.
  • Unfortunately, however, people seemed prejudiced against Wolverines after they scored a lead early on, leading to your downfall on Day 6.
  • Also, I'm not sure why you proceeded to roleblock Inferno again on Night 6. I thought you knew his role at that point?

Saltlord, the Southern King
  • Early on, Jordan contacted you and two others so he could gain support for an Inferno lynch. He even claimed in the group.
  • Yet, you didn't ever tell him who you were. I know you all agreed in the group to not tell each other who you were unless necessary, but you could have capitalized on this by telling Jordan your role behind their backs.
  • Also, you were so adamant that Taycam was the Honorable Knight that the only evidence against it you didn't quickly dismiss was Fyre's log of his alliance with LGL. I can understand you not believing Taycam when he told you he was not the Honorable Knight and knew the Fairy, but Fyre was vouching for him as well.
  • And then you just ended up getting lynched after people decided they needed a blue gone. You were active during your time alive, but I feel you could have done better.
  • Also, you forgot about your ability half the time you were alive this game, even though I reminded you while you were asleep. Yikes.

The Wolverines Overall
  • This team got a nice strong start but ended up disposed of even after their lead was taken away. Not sure why everyone else wanted them gone after the first one, but I must wonder how much further this team would have gone if that wasn't the case.

As for my personal thoughts...
Here you go: show
Man, killing should have been done better this game. Thinking about it, I probably could have kept the original Apoplexy Ogre, but I didn't like the idea of that role being exposed after one kill (person gets lynched, another death happens the same day, people see who they voted for and it wasn't the lynch target...bam, Apoplexy Ogre exposed). The exposure would have left them getting claims from the other Arachnids, yes, but the Ancient Healer wouldn't protect them, leaving them as Honorable Knight fodder. And if they didn't die the next night, there likely would be nobody voting for them again. All this is why I changed the Apoplexy Orge in the first place. Mistake? Possibly.

That said, the main reason killing should have been handled better was how long the game took. This game took 9 full cycles, 2 more than M2. I feel the main contributing factor was the Honorable Knight dying early. They were the least restricted killing role in the game, and one of only 3 killing roles overall. The other two depended on lynches in order to kill. However, they never even got to kill. Only one came close, but had that taken away. The Honorable Knight, however, could kill every night, only being unable to for a night if they kill a teammate (originally, they died if they killed one of their own, which is...no, just no). If the Honorable Knight lived past Day 3, this game would have gone a lot faster most likely. But as it stands...welp.

And then there's the activity. In public...you'd be hearing crickets a lot, at least in the later phases. But behind the scenes...oh, boy, that's where all the juicy stuff is. It's kinda like people developed a phobia of talking in public in the lategame to avoid getting info out to other factions. I'm not sure if this is a faction game-only thing, but I say it's better for literally any other game to have most of the activity in public.

As for me as a host...well...this was NOT my finest hosting job. At all. I knew I needed to fix my sleep schedule so I can change phases in time (phase change was noon EST this game, an hour earlier than usual), but I ended up sleeping past phase change time 2 or 3 times. Not only that, but I also didn't remember to tell Taycam he was voteblocked Day 4 until half an hour later. ...Yeah, sorry, guys. I'll do better next time I host, I promise.

And finally, the best play of the game...
It is...: show
Color Switcheroo Shenanigans
  • Taycam and Uranus needed a way to mess people up after losing LGL. Fortunately for them, Taycam had the ability that's just right for that.
  • With them seeking to confirm Koob's color, Taycam swapped it with Salt's Night 4.
  • Salt ended up lynched Day 4 and came up red instead of blue because of the swap. This threw people off, especially Fyre who then proceeded to accuse Salt of playing badly and think he was the last Arachnid.
  • Night 5 came, and Taycam, without telling Inferno, switched the colors of Inferno and Koob.
  • Following the Koob lynch, Inferno asked Taycam for color swap info as he was in contact with Computerfan, his true remaining teammate. Taycam told Inferno he didn't swap colors Night 5, leading Inferno to believe he was lied to by Computerfan.
  • This, in turn, made Inferno easily turn against Computerfan later on, something that likely wouldn't have happened otherwise. Computerfan flipping purple didn't change anything either as Taycam then told Inferno he swapped his color with Computerfan's the night before (which he actually did, but that didn't matter as Inferno and Computerfan had the same color).
yaaaaaaawn Huh? Oh. Hi. I'm SAStar. ...I don't do stuff here much.
Here's some random color text.

Uranus
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Uranus » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:16 am

Yet, you didn't ever tell him who you were. I know you all agreed in the group to not tell each other who you were unless necessary, but you could have capitalized on this by telling Jordan your role behind their backs.
Actually now that I think of that, I'm pretty surprised why he didn't do that.

Return to “Sandbox”