School & College

Off-topic discussion.
User avatar
ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1625
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:21 am
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

School & College

Postby ShadowStarX » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:09 am

I think the thread is self-explanatory.
Talk about your studies or ask about other people's studies here in case you are curious, let it be middle school, high school, technical school, college or university.
You can also give tips and advice freely.

Please do not spread misinformation though!
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle


User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Posts: 6206
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him
Contact:

Re: School & College

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:20 am

Well, I'm currently a community college student (Currently on Hiatus atm)
Mario RPG Goals (62% of them Done)
Image Image
Best Quotes: show
8bitmushroom wrote: No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote: That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD, big whoop! Wanna fight about it?

User avatar
Rhosty
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: haha koopa shell go bonk
Pronouns: She/Her/Her's
Contact:

Re: School & College

Postby Rhosty » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:22 pm

I'm currently in 12th grade right now. We're still doing distance learning over Zoom and utilizing Google Classroom, oof. Don't think we'll be going back to school in-person any time soon though. Nothing too exciting for me, just ERWC (expository reading and writing course), Financial Math, Art (which I've took for the umpteenth year now), PE, AP US Government and Politics, and Digital Media.
Image
Spoiler: show
I have a splatoon fanfic up if you want to check that out, it's not dead btw, I kinda want to wait and see what Splatoon 3 is like so I can turn this into a Splatoon 3 fanfic instead of Splatoon 2.Image
My Switch friend code: SW-1004-3051-8456; selective mutism is a nuisance
Image
ImageUploading to my new channel will be slow because I'm using an online editor lol

User avatar
Panda
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:35 pm
Flair: 1453 worst year of life
Pronouns: she/her

Re: School & College

Postby Panda » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:40 am

I'm in my third year of an undergraduate degree in microbiology, though with COVID going on my year isn't exactly turning out the way I'd hoped.

User avatar
ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1625
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:21 am
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: School & College

Postby ShadowStarX » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:54 am

To say stuff about my end: I'm in the final year of high school and I'll have my exams this year. IT and English will be taken on an advanced level.
Secondary schools are closed as of now and hopefully it will stay like that for a long while. I just hate the strings attached to attending class in person.

And regarding my future studies, I'd like to learn CS from home and next year one of the colleges will run a virtual course. That way I would have online lectures and classes during college, meaning I'd only have to attend the exams in-person, when there is no pandemic going on that is. That would be a lot cheaper and I feel also easier, because I wouldn't have to deal with living in a student hall, which are pretty hard to get into over here, albeit not as much as in the United Kingdom. I also do not the financial background to get a laptop and live in a small city for my studies, so learning from home would be a cheap and helpful alternative to conventional methods of going to college.
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle


User avatar
zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 2755
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:47 pm
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: School & College

Postby zioy » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:10 pm

This semester has been really annoying with the way classes are structured. Synchronous online classes where half the time you don’t know what work you’re gonna have for the week until you attend the lectures. Makes planning out when to do what much harder.

User avatar
Cedur
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 6894
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: semi-retired user, only interested in post ranks
Pronouns: he/him

Re: School & College

Postby Cedur » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:38 am

tl;dr everyone suffers from Corona regardless what stage of education they're in
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Rhosty
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: haha koopa shell go bonk
Pronouns: She/Her/Her's
Contact:

Re: School & College

Postby Rhosty » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:35 pm

probably won't be walking any sort of stage any time soon, but that's a good thing considering the amount of covid-19 cases where I live :/
Image
Spoiler: show
I have a splatoon fanfic up if you want to check that out, it's not dead btw, I kinda want to wait and see what Splatoon 3 is like so I can turn this into a Splatoon 3 fanfic instead of Splatoon 2.Image
My Switch friend code: SW-1004-3051-8456; selective mutism is a nuisance
Image
ImageUploading to my new channel will be slow because I'm using an online editor lol

User avatar
Rhosty
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: haha koopa shell go bonk
Pronouns: She/Her/Her's
Contact:

Re: School & College

Postby Rhosty » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:02 am

just letting it be known that our school district's starting a hybrid schedule they've been rambling about for the past few weeks tomorrow; it's pretty confusing too, wait until you see how long each period is on Wednesday. Basically, we're split into three cohorts, two of which go to school for two days, and stay home and zoom for three, A and B, and one which stays home the whole week, C. Cohort A goes physically to school on Mondays and tuesdays from 7:30 until 11, while Cohort B stays home on zoom meetings from 11:30 to 2:30 after Cohort A comes home from school, where on Thursdays and Fridays it's Cohort B's turn to come to school and Cohort A to stay home. Wanna know why wednesday's schedule is so weird? all cohorts only do zoom meetings in all periods for only one hour, there's 6 periods in total so, that means only ten minutes of zoom time per class! What's weirder is that there's no passing time between classes either. I won't go into specifics but that's essentially that class schedule for the rest of school, thank dog we only have to endure until June 5th, which is around two months away. Yes, we have to wear masks, and yes we have to stay 6 feet apart, that's the whole reason why we're going in cohorts after all, and there'll only be a few students in each classroom, one of my classes will only have 9 students, myself included. If you want to know, I'm in Cohort B, and I don't know created and agreed on this schedule, but they must've hit their heads or something lol
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Spoiler: show
I have a splatoon fanfic up if you want to check that out, it's not dead btw, I kinda want to wait and see what Splatoon 3 is like so I can turn this into a Splatoon 3 fanfic instead of Splatoon 2.Image
My Switch friend code: SW-1004-3051-8456; selective mutism is a nuisance
Image
ImageUploading to my new channel will be slow because I'm using an online editor lol

User avatar
Drifloon
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro
Posts: 1304
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:53 am
Flair: Boost
Pronouns: he/him

Re: School & College

Postby Drifloon » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:18 am

Times that have minutes where they are in multiples of 5 but not multiples of 15 are already uneasy to look at. But these time slots is an abomination lol

I don't really get why they require students to go to physical classes when the pandemic is still up. Are they afraid of the possibility of second wave?

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 9116
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: School & College

Postby Enjl » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:46 am

What the shit is going on on your wednesday morning? After a year of remote they should know that it takes 10 minutes for everyone to even arrive! What if someone needs to pee?!
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4611
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: School & College

Postby Electriking » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:46 am

As much as that timetable is WTF, it is still better than the Tories' handling of schools in the UK back in September, which was basically 'all students return at the same time and it is illegal for schools to put in adequate measures to minimise the spread of Covid'.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit.

User avatar
chriserlarreglo2005
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 7:35 am
Flair: This is a user. Problem?

Re: School & College

Postby chriserlarreglo2005 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:30 pm

Even though I have no school and just stay in home always, there's a thing called Modules. It's a thing where you have to answer several questions and learning from it. There is 1 module per subject and I have to answer them all. If I don't, I'll get punished.
chriserlarreglo2005's Mind wrote:This is my signature and this is what I support:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Quotes: show
“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.”
― Augustine of Hippo, Confessions

“The reality of loving God is loving him like he's a Superhero who actually saved you from stuff rather than a Santa Claus who merely gave you some stuff.”
― Criss Jami, Killosophy

User avatar
Rhosty
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: haha koopa shell go bonk
Pronouns: She/Her/Her's
Contact:

Re: School & College

Postby Rhosty » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:17 pm

Drifloon wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:18 am
Times that have minutes where they are in multiples of 5 but not multiples of 15 are already uneasy to look at. But these time slots is an abomination lol

I don't really get why they require students to go to physical classes when the pandemic is still up. Are they afraid of the possibility of second wave?
I'm not sure what they think, they probably think that covid rates are going to continue to decrease even though there's been a new strain found that's more infectious
Enjl wrote: What the shit is going on on your wednesday morning? After a year of remote they should know that it takes 10 minutes for everyone to even arrive! What if someone needs to pee?!
We have Zoom classes online, not in-person, although it's still ridiculous for the periods to only be 10 minutes, they call Wednesday a "check-in" day, we'd just have to hold our pee for an hour since there's no passing time and all the online classes for the day are done in an hour
Electriking wrote: As much as that timetable is WTF, it is still better than the Tories' handling of schools in the UK back in September, which was basically 'all students return at the same time and it is illegal for schools to put in adequate measures to minimise the spread of Covid'.
Welp, that sounds like the exact opposite of preventing covid, they must think that it's not that infectious or something
Image
Spoiler: show
I have a splatoon fanfic up if you want to check that out, it's not dead btw, I kinda want to wait and see what Splatoon 3 is like so I can turn this into a Splatoon 3 fanfic instead of Splatoon 2.Image
My Switch friend code: SW-1004-3051-8456; selective mutism is a nuisance
Image
ImageUploading to my new channel will be slow because I'm using an online editor lol

OptimusRed
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:39 pm

Re: School & College

Postby OptimusRed » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:39 am

Rhosty wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:02 am
just letting it be known that our school district's starting a hybrid schedule they've been rambling about for the past few weeks tomorrow; it's pretty confusing too, wait until you see how long each period is on Wednesday. Basically, we're split into three cohorts, two of which go to school for two days, and stay home and zoom for three, A and B, and one which stays home the whole week, C. Cohort A goes physically to school on Mondays and tuesdays from 7:30 until 11, while Cohort B stays home on zoom meetings from 11:30 to 2:30 after Cohort A comes home from school, where on Thursdays and Fridays it's Cohort B's turn to come to school and Cohort A to stay home. Wanna know why wednesday's schedule is so weird? all cohorts only do zoom meetings in all periods for only one hour, there's 6 periods in total so, that means only ten minutes of zoom time per class! What's weirder is that there's no passing time between classes either. I won't go into specifics but that's essentially that class schedule for the rest of school, thank dog we only have to endure until June 5th, which is around two months away. Yes, we have to wear masks, and yes we have to stay 6 feet apart, that's the whole reason why we're going in cohorts after all, and there'll only be a few students in each classroom, one of my classes will only have 9 students, myself included. If you want to know, I'm in Cohort B, and I don't know created and agreed on this schedule, but they must've hit their heads or something lol
Spoiler: show
Image
Oh my! I am glad that I am in university right now (graduated from high school a couple years ago), because I cannot imagine myself having to go through that hybrid schedule. I just have to put up with my classes being on Zoom (in my opinion, college and universities are more flexible in this situation).
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 2755
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:47 pm
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: School & College

Postby zioy » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:40 am

My old high school has a similarly weird schedule to minimize covid impact, my friends there have gotten used to it but it’s a pretty weird alternate-day type schedule.


Return to “Sandbox”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests