What screen recorders do you use?

Off-topic discussion.
User avatar
Ecruteak
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 672
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:53 am
Flair: It's been...

What screen recorders do you use?

Postby Ecruteak » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:38 pm

I'm looking to download a free screen recorder for Windows 7, so I can record SMBX footage. I thought Quicktime would be a good option, but it doesn't have a screen recorder option on Windows.

I've looked into Bandicam. Is it safe?
Image
Ambiguously active.

User avatar
Greater Dog
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:33 am

Re: What screen recorders do you use?

Postby Greater Dog » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:59 am

ShyGuyXP wrote:I've looked into Bandicam. Is it safe?
How can u even ask that?
Lots of smbx let's players use bandicam,so its safe

XerX
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1495
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:33 pm

Re: What screen recorders do you use?

Postby XerX » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:17 am

Open Broadcast Software is the best one.

User avatar
Ecruteak
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 672
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:53 am
Flair: It's been...

Re: What screen recorders do you use?

Postby Ecruteak » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:43 am

XxX_St3v3_XxX wrote:
ShyGuyXP wrote:I've looked into Bandicam. Is it safe?
How can u even ask that?
Lots of smbx let's players use bandicam,so its safe
I'd only asked that because one of the downloads links to Softonic, and we all know how unsafe Softonic is.
Image
Ambiguously active.

XerX
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1495
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:33 pm

Re: What screen recorders do you use?

Postby XerX » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:59 am

XerX wrote:Open Broadcast Software is the best one.
Forgot to link it.

https://obsproject.com

User avatar
bossedit8
Banned
Posts: 6846
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Contact:

Re: What screen recorders do you use?

Postby bossedit8 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:36 am

I use bandicam to record stuff on my desktop.

I use open broadcaster software to record stuff on my desktop.

That's it.

User avatar
underFlo
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4481
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 am
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Contact:

Re: What screen recorders do you use?

Postby underFlo » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:55 am

I second Open Broadcaster Software.
im a girl yo

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5835
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Contact:

Re: What screen recorders do you use?

Postby Mable » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:40 am

ShyGuyXP wrote:I'd only asked that because one of the downloads links to Softonic, and we all know how unsafe Softonic is.
Uh what about the official bandicam site.

Tho bandicam will show a watermark and iirc only let's you record 10 min until u buy it.

Third OBS i like firmly.

User avatar
Ecruteak
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 672
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:53 am
Flair: It's been...

Re: What screen recorders do you use?

Postby Ecruteak » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:51 am

Sinem wrote:
ShyGuyXP wrote:I'd only asked that because one of the downloads links to Softonic, and we all know how unsafe Softonic is.
Uh what about the official bandicam site.

Tho bandicam will show a watermark and iirc only let's you record 10 min until u buy it.

Third OBS i like firmly.
That's what I was talking about. The official Bandicam site had a download link to Softonic.

But since I heard so many good things about it, I've downloaded OBS. Thanks for the help!

But don't stop discussing screen recorders!
Image
Ambiguously active.

Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:47 pm
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind

Re: What screen recorders do you use?

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:52 am

Camstudio
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.
Image

Image
RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
Image
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.
Image
Image

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

User avatar
mechamind
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 765
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:56 pm
Flair: You can set your mind to it!

Re: What screen recorders do you use?

Postby mechamind » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:06 am

I went directly to Bandicam's site as well.
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

* * * * *

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

Axiom
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1490
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:23 pm

Re: What screen recorders do you use?

Postby Axiom » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:04 pm

I second OBS. Well more like 5th at this point. Supports 60fps, relatively simple to configure and fully featured for free. Everyone loves free.
what am I??? doing

- Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses Unity Remake
- Florida Van Man YouTube Channel, where I DIY repair Sprinter vans.
- 3 small games in development

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4101
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Re: What screen recorders do you use?

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:17 pm

I use Bandicam for regular recording, and I recently streamed with OBS.
Image

User avatar
Uzendayo
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Re: What screen recorders do you use?

Postby Uzendayo » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:14 pm

XerX wrote:Open Broadcast Software is the best one.
When I try to do pure footage, it outputs the video into a shockwave file.
Bandicam is more user friendly while OBS can broadcast to twitch.
Spoiler: show
I placed 18th in CC8,
I placed 8th in CC11, and I
Won 1st in the First Vanilla Level Competition
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
You might know me as Epoch
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING

XerX
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1495
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:33 pm

Re: What screen recorders do you use?

Postby XerX » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:46 pm

Uzendayo wrote:
XerX wrote:Open Broadcast Software is the best one.
When I try to do pure footage, it outputs the video into a shockwave file.
Bandicam is more user friendly while OBS can broadcast to twitch.
Settings > Broadcast Settings > File Path > change file extension to mp4 (" C:\Users\Me\Videos\.mp4 ")

It supports FLV and MP4. OBS is completely easy to use, and completely free, unlike Bandicam.

User avatar
Nexia
Bit
Bit
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: What screen recorders do you use?

Postby Nexia » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:55 pm

Axiom wrote:I second OBS. Well more like 5th at this point. Supports 60fps, relatively simple to configure and fully featured for free. Everyone loves free.
And open source!

I used to use Microsft Expression live encoder (or whatever it's name is/was?) on Windows, would like to give that one a try someday again, if it's still around.

As for OBS, I've used it for some short gameplay recording with osu! It took a bit of fiddling, but eventually the quality was reasonable (.mp4) and it worked fine with my laptop's discrete graphics card on Windows. Guess I'm just going to be yet another one to recommend it in this thread.
I believe in blatant forum signature copypasta exploiting someone's religion as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
Discord username/ID: show
________#8888
Interesting ad.
Spoiler: show
Image

XerX
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1495
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:33 pm

Re: What screen recorders do you use?

Postby XerX » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:04 pm

For higher quality in OBS, just up the bitrate values for a desktop profile. I have mine set to 2000 video bitrate. You'll be able to get 1080p quality with it.

Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:47 pm
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind

Re: What screen recorders do you use?

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:06 am

Why do so many of you recommend OBS when Camstudio is the best freeware out there for recording?
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.
Image

Image
RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
Image
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.
Image
Image

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

User avatar
Nexia
Bit
Bit
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: What screen recorders do you use?

Postby Nexia » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:35 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:Why do so many of you recommend OBS when Camstudio is the best freeware out there for recording?
enlighten me ignorant mind soonpai, how is CamStudio particularly better than OBS at all? <.<
I believe in blatant forum signature copypasta exploiting someone's religion as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
Discord username/ID: show
________#8888
Interesting ad.
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Nanaya Jacob
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1531
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:52 pm
Flair: When's Mafia
Contact:

Re: What screen recorders do you use?

Postby Nanaya Jacob » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:25 am

How do i disable the mic with obs le?


Edit le: ok so with obs i have a blackscreen all the time when i record, what am i doing wrong?
CurrentBIGMOOD11/9/18: show
Don't expect me to do anything SMBX related, I'm only really here for nostalgia and Mafia.
Image
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
1 wrote:Mafia is such a riveting game when you make accusations on Night fucking 1 ain't it?


Return to “Sandbox”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mechamind, Rhosty and 3 guests