Feminism

Off-topic discussion.
Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind

Feminism

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:37 pm

What is this community's view on feminism? I think it's nice for people to attempt to make women have the same rights as men.
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.

RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

Superiorstar
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Re: Feminism

Postby Superiorstar » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:06 pm

I think that people misinterprate feminism as something else.
Feminists use this word as an excuse to attack men and non-feminists now a days.
ImageImage

One day, we will paint with our minds.
it's been a minute since I've cared about this place, I'll have to do some catching up
If there is a 999 limit on characters, what's the limit on images?

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Postby XerX » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:30 pm

Superiorstar wrote:I think that people misinterprate feminism as something else.
Feminists use this word as an excuse to attack men and non-feminists now a days.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy

Postby Aero » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:38 pm

mechamind
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: You can set your mind to it!

Postby mechamind » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:50 pm

XerX wrote:
Superiorstar wrote:I think that people misinterprate feminism as something else.
(Image)
Thanks. Now I'll never get that "Feminazi" image out of my head.

But in reality, I don't think about feminism specifically. I tend to just think about equal rights and equal opportunity in general.
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: they/them/don't refer to me

Postby Aristo » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:09 am

I think the question is rather flawed since there isn't one feminism but rather several branches. I think it can mainly be summed up into

Equality feminism: hell ye
Radical feminism: no thx
Of course you need to believe in things that aren't real. How else can they become?

Hyperme
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Hyperme » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:17 am

Feminism is pretty okay. Some peeps are like 'but we has equals now' which is a pretty dumb thing to say. Sure some peeps on tumblr are bit obsessive but they are a minority.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:19 am

Feminism's major flaw is its name, which derives from female. It's not exactly easy to get non-females to join your cause if you are calling it Feminism. Also, I agree with Superiorstar and Xerx.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:26 am

Hyperme wrote:Feminism is pretty okay. Some peeps are like 'but we has equals now' which is a pretty dumb thing to say. Sure some peeps on tumblr are bit obsessive but they are a minority.

muh small minority
muh tumblr

Nexia
Bit
Bit

Postby Nexia » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:34 am

Hyperme wrote:Feminism is pretty okay. Some peeps are like 'but we has equals now' which is a pretty dumb thing to say. Sure some peeps on tumblr are bit obsessive but they are a minority.
+1
Teenager 4chins/ a bunch of detractors (ones that like to detract the crowd from the "actual issues" in this context)like to focus on this and exaggerate the tumblr side in general.

"Extremist" feminists are far less common than what these kids (in general) make it appear like. I'd say they should stop interacting with the wrong crowd, and stop proclaiming that this minority is some sort of 'face' of an umbrella term. In this case an umbrella term for a wide variety of movements across time and geography.
I'd also ask you to be honest about when was the last time you met a feminist that wanted all men dead or something. kek
I believe in blatant forum signature copypasta exploiting someone's religion as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
Discord username/ID: show
________#8888
Interesting ad.

Hyperme
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Hyperme » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:45 am

AeroMatter wrote: muh small minority
muh tumblr
oh man twitter such a place where real things happen

I'm pretty sure when we account for 'things that actually matter in the real world', it turns out most groups have a minority of terrible people. It's almost as if the impotently angry people spent all their time online.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:54 am

They can only be a minority, yes. It's not possible for a bunch of harpies to organize in mass and ruin people's lives. They're just the minority in vast numbers with little to no opposition from within. If it happens online, or Twitter for that matter, it doesn't happen in the real world. Nobody loses their jobs or anything, businesses aren't hurt, people aren't harassed.

Hyperme
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Hyperme » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:20 am

AeroMatter wrote:They can only be a minority, yes. It's not possible for a bunch of harpies to organize in mass and ruin people's lives. They're just the minority in vast numbers with little to no opposition from within. If it happens online, or Twitter for that matter, it doesn't happen in the real world. Nobody loses their jobs or anything, businesses aren't hurt, people aren't harassed.
Oh get over yourself. If you're going to judge a movement based on Twitter of all things, I'm afraid you're going to have write off all of humanity. Yes, terrible things happen on social media. But it comes from everyone. So excuse me if I don't write off a movement as a 'bunch of harpies' because of what happens on the internet. Open a history book and maybe you'll see that Feminism as a movement has achieved far more good in the time it has existed than any amount of harm caused by people running their mouths off on twitter. And hell, at least they manage to achieve something. That's more than can be said of most modern 'social movements'.

summery: twitter makes humans terrible.

Nexia
Bit
Bit

Postby Nexia » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:55 am

(skip to 03:22 if in a hurry as I have no idea why #t=3m22s is not working)

Honestly, looking mostly towards social media while expecting to conceive any sort of 'informed' opinion is - pardon me - simply silly.

[Perhaps slightly going off track here, but I feel it's relevant to the topic]
It's just getting too easy for the more vocal [and polarized] bits on either side to respond with one-sided outrage, accusations and more. And subsequently, as many would guess, quickly turns into a "who can listen to my outrage first" sort of shitstorm with no middle ground being given for a more "reasonable" discussion.

Unfortunately, "the speed of outrage" is only set to grow as technology and our social media tools expand
I believe in blatant forum signature copypasta exploiting someone's religion as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
Discord username/ID: show
________#8888
Interesting ad.

DJFMHD
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Sticker Star is alright

Postby DJFMHD » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:41 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vfTkGYMJGnQ
This video must be the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my life.
Why would you join the boy scouts
Join the Boys and Girls Club join the girl scouts.

Modern day feminism pretty much useless it is more of superiority than equality.
Sure sexism still exist but it is on a VERY lower scale.
Feminist probaganda is everywhere and it's hard not to notice.
The 75% of feminism that is outrageous need to treat people equal.
hey

Rhosty
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: squid kid

Postby Rhosty » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:06 pm

I mean, girls were kind of overdue for some attention, but this much is just ridiculous

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:18 am

If you want to fight for equality, why even call it feminism? Women don't have it perfect but neither do men, and both should be acknowledged together. You also need to understand that like racism, you can't completely destroy sexism. There will always be at least one guy in the crowd who considers women the lower class. That's free speech.

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Artemis008 wrote:If you want to fight for equality, why even call it feminism? Women don't have it perfect but neither do men, and both should be acknowledged together. You also need to understand that like racism, you can't completely destroy sexism. There will always be at least one guy in the crowd who considers women the lower class. That's free speech.
Feminism is the advocation for women's rights with the goal of equality. Don't let the tumblr, wacko, armpit-hair-dyed extremists pervert the idea of feminism to become hating men. Everybody I know advocates for equality for everyone. I'm not saying the other nasty minoritiy exists, but it does, and it's a minority. It's a simply decency to treat everyone equally. There's more merit for feminism than you believe exists.

It is outrageous that a girl joins "boy scouts" when there is already "girl scouts." Chances are she joined because girl scout activities are different than boy scouts. I could be wrong but I'm sure it wouldn't take a long google search to find that out. While it's jarring to say, sexism still exists in massive amounts. But not in the conventional way. It exists towards men and women in the form of gender roles.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:14 pm

TLtimelord wrote:
Artemis008 wrote:If you want to fight for equality, why even call it feminism? Women don't have it perfect but neither do men, and both should be acknowledged together. You also need to understand that like racism, you can't completely destroy sexism. There will always be at least one guy in the crowd who considers women the lower class. That's free speech.
Feminism is the advocation for women's rights with the goal of equality. Don't let the tumblr, wacko, armpit-hair-dyed extremists pervert the idea of feminism to become hating men. Everybody I know advocates for equality for everyone. I'm not saying the other nasty minoritiy exists, but it does, and it's a minority. It's a simply decency to treat everyone equally. There's more merit for feminism than you believe exists.

It is outrageous that a girl joins "boy scouts" when there is already "girl scouts." Chances are she joined because girl scout activities are different than boy scouts. I could be wrong but I'm sure it wouldn't take a long google search to find that out. While it's jarring to say, sexism still exists in massive amounts. But not in the conventional way. It exists towards men and women in the form of gender roles.
Gender roles aren't a bad thing, studies have proven women who stay home with the children are usually happier than those in the work force. That doesn't mean you have to be a stay at home mom, there is nothing stopping you from going to work if that's what you want to do. That being said, men and women are physically different so there are jobs that men are more geared towards.

To be clear, I do think feminism is important, but not in the west. Western women have everything they could hope for and more. Women;

-Get better child support and have a higher chance of winning child custody

-Have a higher chance of winning rape cases

-Don't have to sign up for the draft (at least in America)

-And are the only one of the two genders allowed in domestic abuse shelters, men are constantly turned down

So how are western women "oppressed"? Before I go, I want you to look up "No true Scotsman".

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

Return to “Sandbox”