Comcast

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Comcast

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:33 am

I have news that is messed up for every one! Comcast (What I happen to have as my internet provider right now) has decided to go from ∞GB and drop to 3GB for the home which means everyone who uses Comcast has little to no internet. It is something new they are trying this month and I hope they stop. So if someone has Comcast, they will not be available this month that often. In my case, I can not upload any videos or the like! I will be using my internet only for levels for a few contests.

What do you think about this?

ImageImageImage

mechamind
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: You can set your mind to it!

Re: Comcast

Postby mechamind » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:48 am

3 GB of internet. 3 gigabytes...

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:53 am

mechamind wrote:3 GB of internet. 3 gigabytes...

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!
Yes, I am serious, and my phone is the same amount. The sad thing is this is shared 3GB...

ImageImageImage

mechamind
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby mechamind » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:00 am

I assumed it was shared, as it's one subscription for an entire home.
Enjl wrote:

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 am

mechamind wrote:I assumed it was shared, as it's one subscription for an entire home.
Sorry for stating the obvious...

I have
90% of my home work is internet based
My videos on my channel
The forums I am on
Contests I am in

You can see where this all is and on top of that, my dad jas netflix, and bills hr pays using the internet. I honestly do not know about this situation.

(I am using my phone-data and school wifi to type these messages.)

ImageImageImage

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:02 am

You know.. you could also use a computer like most people do instead of doing everything on ur phone.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:07 am

Tinkerbell wrote:You know.. you could also use a computer like most people do instead of doing everything on ur phone.
Well, from what I can gather, it does affect his computer as well as his phone.
im a girl yo

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:11 am

I know but it would be better to do most of this stuff on computer not on his phone. Thats a lot easier.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:27 am

Tinkerbell wrote:I know but it would be better to do most of this stuff on computer not on his phone. Thats a lot easier.
It affects my computer! I just use my phone when I am not at home!

ImageImageImage

Zonnepoes
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: Nothing at all.

Postby Zonnepoes » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:49 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I have news that is messed up for every one! Comcast (What I happen to have as my internet provider right now) has decided to go from ∞GB and drop to 3GB for the home which means everyone who uses Comcast has little to no internet. It is something new they are trying this month and I hope they stop. So if someone has Comcast, they will not be available this month that often. In my case, I can not upload any videos or the like! I will be using my internet only for levels for a few contests.

What do you think about this?
Is Comcast the owner of Universal Pictures or is it a different one?

Anyways, the crap they do is just insane.
Spoiler: show
Don't click if you dare! (bad box)

Also known on those websites as:
smwcentral:http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=25353
raocow's talkhaus:http://talkhaus.raocow.com/memberlist.p ... le&u=98499

Keep in mind that i am not a very active SMBX poster anymore. The game is still pretty awesome, but i decided to post a little more on SMWCentral.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:03 pm

M'onopolistic competition strikes again

mechamind
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby mechamind » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:16 pm

Zonnepoes wrote:Is Comcast the owner of Universal Pictures or is it a different one?
Comcast and NBC/Universal, so you're in the right area.
Enjl wrote:

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:06 pm

HughesNet Jr. confirmed
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

Sewpah
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: A 2.0 Beta 3 Project, and other stuff
Chat Username: ChadWardenBeBallin

Postby Sewpah » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:53 pm

3 GIGABYTES?

Talk about a huge drop. That decision might affect the company.
Video Game Licenses:

Stuff I support:
-The Invasion 3: Shadow Star

Reiuji Utsuho
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: Time to make myself disappear
Chat Username: Yuu-senpai#1659

Postby Reiuji Utsuho » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:05 pm

I remember having limited internet like that. I ended up being stuck with it for nearly a year and after some time I just ended up having to rely on a friends kindness to help me out since 90% of my schoolwork was actually online and I couldn't do much else after that.

Hopefully they realize it's a mistake, cause I can possibly see a hit coming their way. ~

Hi! Please stay positive and keep yourself motivated. You can do many great things if you give it your effort. Please have a lovely day.
#1: Utsuho Reiuji  #2: Kagerou Imaizumi  #3: Fujiwara no Mokou  #4: Momiji Inubashiri  #5: Kasen Ibaraki

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:49 pm

Sewpah wrote:Image
3 GIGABYTES?

Talk about a huge drop. That decision might affect the company.
Highly doubt it. Most of the places they serve likely don't have another option for an internet provider.

It makes me feel better now that a huge chunk of the internet now shares the same bandwidth my house does, or less.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:55 pm

I'm not sure about internet providers having their own GB but only 3GB on comcast? Well, whatever they're planning on either restarting it or shutting down on that specific month, all I can say is... wait until the jobs done by having only 3GB as of now.

I had an internet issue for over 1 day back then for like multiple weeks because of a switch they had. Wasn't all too bad since it was like over a day long but yeah.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:37 pm

Here are some quotes from there FAQ and honestly, it is quite annoying! (My Uncle and Dad told me 3GB, I was told wrong and it was 300GB, still not much!
http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/data-usage-trials/ wrote:Questions & Answers About Our Data Usage Plan Trials
Important Update: These FAQs* describe our trial monthly data usage plans for XFINITY Internet service in the following areas: Huntsville, Mobile and Tuscaloosa, Alabama; Tucson, Arizona; Little Rock, Arkansas; Fort Lauderdale, the Keys and Miami, Florida; Atlanta, Augusta and Savannah, Georgia; Central Kentucky; Houma, LaPlace and Shreveport, Louisiana; Maine; Jackson and Tupelo, Mississippi; Chattanooga, Greeneville, Johnson City/Gray, Knoxville, Memphis and Nashville, Tennessee; Charleston, South Carolina; and Galax, Virginia.
http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/data-usage-trials-what-are-the-different-plans-launching wrote:What are the data usage plans being trialed?
Part of Questions & Answers About Our Data Usage Plan Trials.

This information applies only to XFINITY Internet customers in the following areas: Huntsville, Mobile and Tuscaloosa, Alabama; Tucson, Arizona; Little Rock, Arkansas; Fort Lauderdale, the Keys and Miami, Florida; Atlanta, Augusta and Savannah, Georgia; Central Kentucky; Houma, LaPlace and Shreveport, Louisiana; Maine; Jackson and Tupelo, Mississippi; Chattanooga, Greeneville, Johnson City/Gray, Knoxville, Memphis and Nashville, Tennessee; Charleston, South Carolina; and Galax, Virginia. For more details, see Is my area part of the data usage plan trials?

Data usage plans do not currently apply to XFINITY Internet customers on our fiber-based Extreme 505 and Gigabit Pro tiers of service. Data usage plans also do not currently apply to Business Internet customers and customers on Bulk Internet agreements.

Print

Trial Overview

As the marketplace and technology change, we do too. We evaluate customer data usage, and a variety of other factors, and make adjustments accordingly. Over the last several years, we have periodically reviewed various plans, and recently we have been analyzing the market and our process through various data usage plan trials. We are currently trialing several different usage plans as described below.

In all of our trial markets except Tucson, Arizona, the data amount included with XFINITY Internet tiers was increased to 300 GB per month. We offer additional gigabytes in increments/blocks of 50 GB for $10 each.

In the Tucson, Arizona, market, the data amount included with Economy Plus through Performance Internet tiers increased to 300 GB. Those customers subscribed to the Performance Starter or Blast! Internet tiers receive 350 GB in their data usage plan; Blast! Pro customers receive 450 GB in their data usage plan; and Extreme customers receive 600 GB in their data usage plan. As in our other trial market areas, we offer additional gigabytes in increments/blocks of 50 GB for $10 each in the event that customers choose to use more than their included data amount.

In addition, Economy Plus and Performance Starter customers in most of these markets can enroll in our Flexible Data Option, which is specifically designed for casual or light Internet users who typically use 5 GB of data or less a month. For more information on the Flexible Data Option, see What is the Flexible Data Option?

In most trial markets, customers can also enroll in our Unlimited Data Option, which provides those who make heavier use of the Internet with additional choice and flexibility. For more information on the Unlimited Data Option, see What is the Unlimited Data Option?
http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/exp-unlimited-data wrote:What is the Unlimited Data Option?
Part of the Questions and Answers About Our Unlimited Data Option section of Questions & Answers About Our Data Usage Plan Trials.

This information applies only to XFINITY Internet customers who choose to enroll in the Unlimited Data Option available in the following areas: Huntsville, Mobile and Tuscaloosa, Alabama; Little Rock, Arkansas; Fort Lauderdale, the Keys and Miami, Florida; Atlanta, Augusta and Savannah, Georgia; Houma, LaPlace and Shreveport, Louisiana; Jackson and Tupelo, Mississippi; Chattanooga, Greeneville, Johnson City/Gray, Knoxville, Memphis and Nashville, Tennessee; Charleston, South Carolina; and Galax, Virginia. For more details, see Is my area part of the data usage plan trials?

Note: This information does not apply to customers in Tucson, Arizona; Central Kentucky or Maine.

Print

What is the Unlimited Data Option?

The Unlimited Data Option provides additional choice and flexibility for our customers who may make heavier use of the Internet. Enrollment is optional. The Unlimited Data Option currently costs an additional fee of $30-$35 per calendar month, depending on the area. The fee is regardless of actual data usage. The 300 GB plan will not apply to customers who enroll in the Unlimited Data Option. Enrollment and cancellation go into effect on the first day of the subsequent calendar month. For enrollment, please see How do I enroll in the Unlimited Data Option?

As a reminder, if you choose not to enroll in the Unlimited Data Option, your monthly plan will include 300 GB of data. If you exceed the included 300 GB of data, you will be notified via an email and in-browser notification that an additional block of 50 GB has automatically been allocated to your account, and that applicable charges will be applied to your bill. For more information, please see What are the data usage plans being trialed?

For example, if you enroll in the Unlimited Data Option and use 530 GB in a given month, you will only be charged a fee of $30-$35 (depending on area) for choosing to enroll in the Unlimited Data Option. If you do not enroll in the Unlimited Data Option, you would be on the 300 GB plan and therefore would be charged $50 for the additional 250 GB (five blocks of additional 50 GB) provided on top of the 300 GB plan. Note that customers enrolled in the Unlimited Data Option who use less than 300 GB in a given month will still be charged the fee of $30-$35 for that month.

Note: The Unlimited Data Option is a consumer trial and may be discontinued at any time.

ImageImageImage

Nanaya Jacob
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: When's Mafia
Current Project: "nothing"
Chat Username: Nanaya Jacob

Postby Nanaya Jacob » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:09 am

I would change internet providers then. Also i personal dislike comcast and would rather not use it. Still 300gb, many people will run through 1tb in one day. (Well if everyone is on yes, but it is just somewhat of an exaggeration so yeah.) So this business plan is quite terrible in general. Sadly most of those who use this and are slaves will continue to use it, or they are one person that only uses it for work(if those exist anymore)
CurrentBIGMOOD11/9/18: show
Don't expect me to do anything SMBX related, I'm only really here for nostalgia and Mafia.
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
1 wrote:Mafia is such a riveting game when you make accusations on Night fucking 1 ain't it?

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:26 am

Jacob wrote:I would change internet providers then.
"Re: Comcast"
Jacob wrote:many people will run through 1tb in one day.
( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )

Return to “Sandbox”