What are you working on?

Off-topic discussion.
Aero
Administrator

What are you working on?

Postby Aero » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:17 am

Post your current projects, design plans, project goals, and what you're doing with them.

I'll start the thread off with VSMBX because I'm back to work on it, and planning on adding more AIs and a method of reading compressed level files directly. I have everything set up on my git: https://github.com/GhostHawk10/VSMBX-Source-2 and just need to fully integrate file loading from both VSMBX and PGE files before I can proceed. The end goal is to have a system where you can just download a 7z file for an episode and not have to extract anything and save time, and space.

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Re: What are you working on?

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:51 pm

For my current project, SMBXville Under Seige, I'm working on an RPG-like battle system for one of the bosses which uses large custom graphics for the attack animations. I'm hoping to make it LunaLua compatible by cropping the frames (and maybe removing "extraneous" ones, if it comes down to that), but if necessary, I'll just add a warning message saying that it's only compatible in SMBX 1.3 when the episode is complete.

The other bosses will be custom platformer bosses (except one, which I'm thinking of making a SHMUP boss) because these graphics are taking me way too long to import.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
Spoiler: show
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:38 pm

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:For my current project, SMBXville Under Seige, I'm working on an RPG-like battle system for one of the bosses which uses large custom graphics for the attack animations. I'm hoping to make it LunaLua compatible by cropping the frames (and maybe removing "extraneous" ones, if it comes down to that), but if necessary, I'll just add a warning message saying that it's only compatible in SMBX 1.3 when the episode is complete.
Not entirely sure how relevant this is, but you can use an animated .gif image in smbx by importing it with lunalua, and you can then draw it whenever you want.
I'm working on programming an inventory for my Andario Hud API.
Jesus is my savior.

Aero
Administrator

Postby Aero » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:00 pm

HenryRichard wrote:I'm working on programming an inventory for my Andario Hud API.
You're making an API? Share some details, how's the process going?

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab

Postby underFlo » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:29 pm

I'm working on turning the Undertale recreation which I've already posted gifs of in the LunaLua thread into an actual API. Hardest part is probably adapting my arguably somewhat messy initial code into something easily customisable so people have can actually do stuff with it. So far, I think I've got most things laid out though and just have to actually do those things.
There's also a few functionalities not inplemented yet, like ending the fight (by either dying or killing/sparing the enemy) and the fight option, but I'm hoping for progress to be somewhat straightforward from here on.

aside from that, smb1x :^)
im a girl yo

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:33 pm

im working on getting good

Saltlord
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: bruh

Postby Saltlord » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:36 pm

I'm currently working on a "classic" episode, The next levels, mainly because I want to improve my general design (I haven't even created some classic level themes) and to try my first attempts at coding with LunaLua. I want to give most of the levels and bosses some neat mechanics and gimmicks, and a story with a Plot-Twist which... develops the story in some way. Aside from that, I also thought about an Metroidvania© project. Ya know, this Backtracking/Searching for Secrets-based games. At the beginning of the episode, your abilities consist of a jump and the mushroom as useable item, but during your progress through it, you get new abilities to find stars and other secrets.

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.

Postby Mosaic » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:46 pm

I'm working on few projects, These in particular:

The Mosaic Group's Journey
Toad's SMB Adventure
The Enemy's Simple Adventure
The Enemy's Boss Rush

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

Cancelled...but not forgotten...

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

ragont
Grinder
Grinder

Postby ragont » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:01 pm

DRAGON FIST-FIGHTERS
DRAGON FIST-FIGHTERS 2: THE SEARCH FOR MORE MONEY
Dragon Fist-Fighters 3: A Legend Reborn

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:57 pm

I'm gonna start applying for scholarships.
The wall on which the prophets wrote
Is cracking at the seams
Upon the instruments of death
The sunlight brightly gleams
When every man is torn apart
With nightmares and with dreams
Will no one lay the laurel wreath
When silence drowns the screams

Aero
Administrator

Postby Aero » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:57 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:I'm gonna start applying for scholarships.
Neat, let us know how it goes and what scholarships you end up getting.

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser

Postby lighthouse64 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:06 pm

Another music sheet. I'm hoping to make one for gourmet race. The sad part is I just started today and only have 2 measures complete :P
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

Uzendayo
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Uzendayo » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:18 pm

I'm trying to play this

on this
I placed 18th in CC8,
I placed 8th in CC11, and I
Won 1st in the First Vanilla Level Competition
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
You might know me as Epoch
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING

YellowMe
Bit
Bit

Postby YellowMe » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:31 pm

I'm going on an English... language... competition... uh, thingy. Gotta work on mah English skillz. Everybody, wish me luck! ヽ(`Д´)ノ
Also working on getting the freaking clock on my phone off the main, home... what'cha call it page, so I can see Kounosuke's face better :3
Finally got a fudging phone!

Aero
Administrator

Postby Aero » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:26 pm

YellowMe wrote:I'm going on an English... language... competition... uh, thingy. Gotta work on mah English skillz. Everybody, wish me luck! ヽ(`Д´)ノ
Wish luck for what exactly? What's the "thingy" you're talking about lol

Good luck in advance tho

Bryan
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Bryan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:21 pm

I've been working on some really interesting circuits in my engineering class. One of them is a random number generator that generates a value from 1 through 6, similar to dice. The other is a flip-flop circuit with a 555-timer and generates a random frequency. It's actually very fun working with electronics.

What else? Oh yeah, I've intensely been working with 3DS Max. It's a lot of fun and I would recommend anyone try it out. I also really want to learn Python and Java but I haven't been given the time to because of all the homework I have to do.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:50 am

Bryan wrote:I've been working on some really interesting circuits in my engineering class. One of them is a random number generator that generates a value from 1 through 6, similar to dice. The other is a flip-flop circuit with a 555-timer and generates a random frequency. It's actually very fun working with electronics.
saaame

well, the engineering class

not the specific project

though I am using similar components, the current project is building a "speedster 500 robot™" that just rolls around. it's pretty crazy.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Cedrik
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Cedrik » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:10 am

I want to have someone, who take part in my contest:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 69&t=12638

And I work on a episode. At the moment no name.

WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Flair: Legalize Awooo!

Postby WerewolfGD » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:23 am

I'm working a level which called "Boiler Blizzard PeaksLavaplain Elfire Outcrop" in MxW2, my handdrawn comic (book), my homework , and my real life things.
Edit : also My CC12 level
Last edited by WerewolfGD on Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Known also as Camacho or Harvey36Dice.
Also a furry

Awooo!
If you want to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056

YellowMe
Bit
Bit

Postby YellowMe » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:15 am

AeroMatter wrote:
YellowMe wrote:I'm going on an English... language... competition... uh, thingy. Gotta work on mah English skillz. Everybody, wish me luck! ヽ(`Д´)ノ
Wish luck for what exactly? What's the "thingy" you're talking about lol

Good luck in advance tho
An English competition. I don't know what it's called exactly, but first the competition is gonna involve kids from my school, then county, then the whole country. Sounds exciting to me.

Return to “Sandbox”