What are you working on?

Off-topic discussion.
Bryan
Pokey
Pokey

Re: What are you working on?

Postby Bryan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:53 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:
Bryan wrote:I've been working on some really interesting circuits in my engineering class. One of them is a random number generator that generates a value from 1 through 6, similar to dice. The other is a flip-flop circuit with a 555-timer and generates a random frequency. It's actually very fun working with electronics.
saaame

well, the engineering class

not the specific project

though I am using similar components, the current project is building a "speedster 500 robot™" that just rolls around. it's pretty crazy.
By chance, do you happen to be enrolled in a PLTW engineering course Pseudo-dino? Also, that's sounds like a lot of fun. Did you create it with VEX?

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:43 pm

^
Nah, it's just an in-class project for soldering practice basically. Not a robot you can actually control, it just rolls forward as long as it's on.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Enchlore
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Enchlore » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:50 am

Learning flute.

It's going way smoother than I expected. Just shows how lazy I was when I took up guitar and spent half a year getting the chords right.

Metroidologist X7
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Metroidologist X7 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:05 am

Enchlore wrote:Learning flute.

It's going way smoother than I expected. Just shows how lazy I was when I took up guitar and spent half a year getting the chords right.
I learned flute, too. It was a work for high school.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to compose original songs.
Metroidologist X7
Image by Outadimes

~This lazily-made signature will be improved later (or maybe not)~

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:55 pm

I'm currently working on 3 episodes
(Mario and Luigi: Quest of Fear
Super Mario and the Mystery Of bowser's castle
And a secret one...)
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Spoiler: show
Image.

Bryan
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Bryan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:47 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:^
Nah, it's just an in-class project for soldering practice basically. Not a robot you can actually control, it just rolls forward as long as it's on.
Not soldering again lol. I struggled with it at first and I had a lot of bad solder joints, but I corrected myself and once I got the hang of it, it got pretty easy! Robotics are a lot fun and competitive too!

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:33 am

Bryan wrote:Robotics are a lot fun and competitive too!
Yeah, they even participated in CC11!
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg

Postby ShadowStarX » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:56 am

I'm working on:
Mario & Luigi - Mysterious Misadventures
Super Mario & The mysteries of Bowser's castle
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle

Fuyu
Wart
Wart

Postby Fuyu » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:15 pm

I'm currently working on my project, which is called Super Mario Island - Dereso in Crisis! I just released a fixed version of my demo so everyone can finally taste what so little I have ready for you guys.

Also I'm working on my CC12 level, and tbh progress is going rather smoothly.

Aero
Administrator

Postby Aero » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:42 pm

Natsu wrote:Also I'm working on my CC12 level, and tbh progress is going rather smoothly.
Working on mine too but I hit a wall with the lua code I'm using. I'm pretty sure there's a bug with the boolean logic because I've tried every way I could to make an a != b statement, but nothing works. I can't really describe more than that without giving away my level gimmick and making it obvious what level is mine.

Nanaya Jacob
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: When's Mafia

Postby Nanaya Jacob » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:13 pm

I'm working on some rpg games and novels. The rpgs are based of some of thr.novel story, but i continue to hit walls with character development, grammer, and really ideas within it to keep them going. Only one is.not based of a novel. The novels are being focused on the most. (When i mean novel, i mran at least try and make a book that people actually might read, but with my own idea :p ) minimal smbx work, i pretty much lost interest in smbx... :( Trying make enough money to fund myself and my own living conditions. I'd say the last thing is trying make friend's, at least have some friends to help with some goals, objects, and ideas for what i do, (i credit anyones help ok...) and that's pretty much it... not much to go by... i might take up some programming.
CurrentBIGMOOD11/9/18: show
Don't expect me to do anything SMBX related, I'm only really here for nostalgia and Mafia.
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
1 wrote:Mafia is such a riveting game when you make accusations on Night fucking 1 ain't it?

Fuyu
Wart
Wart

Postby Fuyu » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:37 am

AeroMatter wrote:
Natsu wrote:Also I'm working on my CC12 level, and tbh progress is going rather smoothly.
Working on mine too but I hit a wall with the lua code I'm using. I'm pretty sure there's a bug with the boolean logic because I've tried every way I could to make an a != b statement, but nothing works. I can't really describe more than that without giving away my level gimmick and making it obvious what level is mine.
It shouldn't be that difficult to do really, every programming language has its workaround for that.

You might already be fluid on Luna I suppose, but I'll leave this video here anyway, it might help you, I hope.

@Jacob: I might be able to help you with character development if you need any. I'm used to since I'm planning a story for a manga, although I haven't touched the subject for quite some time. If you're interested just PM me.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:15 am

- I'm finally making progress on my SMW Borderlands WIP episode. - After an unexpected positive response to my level Blocks Below Hell, I've started putting together an episode entitled, "SMBX 50 Mario Challenge", which will be a community based challenge series. I have the hub and a few levels completed and will be posting the project soon. Each episode will be 12 normal levels + 3 boss levels and will require Lua. I'll accept submissions from other members and will hopefully be able to create 2-3 episodes of these before summer.
- Learning Lua
- My CC12 submission.
- GFX and other stuff for SMBX 2.0 is taking up a ton of my time.

Aero
Administrator

Postby Aero » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:14 am

Natsu wrote:You might already be fluid on Luna I suppose, but I'll leave this video here anyway, it might help you, I hope.
I understand how Luna works and all, because all of the syntax is pretty standard. This is what happens when I try working with boolean logic:

Code: Select all

if a ~= b then
	do thing
end

if (a < b) or (a > b) then
	do thing
end

if a == b then
	do nothing
else
	do thing
end
All of these say that if a is not equal to b, then the statement is false and nothing should happen. No matter what I do though the statement is always true for some reason. I've also tried tying a and b to variables in case it's some sort of variable type problem but that still doesn't work.

Fuyu
Wart
Wart

Postby Fuyu » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:22 am

Well judging by the code you've given me it should function just as you intend it to. I truly don't know why isn't it working. Have you tried using on a onLoop function and displaying some numbers to see if it's truly a conditional problem?

Aero
Administrator

Postby Aero » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:14 pm

I asked Marina about it via PM and what had happened was that basically the values for a and b were wrong, and it wasn't a problem with the logic. nvm

Fuyu
Wart
Wart

Postby Fuyu » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:56 pm

Oh, ok. Glad you had your problem solved then.

Aero
Administrator

Postby Aero » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:42 pm

Welp, I'm back to the drawing board as far as VSMBX things go. I'm working on a new AI system that actually makes sense, but I just need to finish school before the project can officially leave hiatus. ._.

How is everybody else doing so far with their project work?

CynicHost
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Flair: heck

Postby CynicHost » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:58 pm

Me, I'm just honing my level designing skills...
Maybe I'll have something to show y'all. Soon.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:13 pm

I'm trying to learn LunaLua at this point while working on SMBX projects, making videos and other stuff...

Return to “Sandbox”