backtobasics

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Enchlore
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Unnamed keyboard prog band
Chat Username: Enchlore

Re: backtobasics

Postby Enchlore » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:18 pm

King of Eterity wrote:Or how about we put what is in King of Eterity's signature.
I'd rather not. That signature is so enormous it fills the whole screen, which is pretty much inconvenient.

Electriking
Bowser
Bowser
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here.
Current Project: Not Mushroom Kingdom Massacre ATM
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:33 pm

Enchlore wrote:
King of Eterity wrote:Or how about we put what is in King of Eterity's signature.
I'd rather not. That signature is so enormous it fills the whole screen, which is pretty much inconvenient.
OK, what I mean is the top part, anything below the line is irrelevant to you (unless you like to display your support of my project in the bottom part, of course)
Although the top half is a bit big, I guess.
Last edited by Electriking on Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show

YellowMe
Bit
Bit
Current Project: n/A

Postby YellowMe » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:33 pm

King of Eterity, this thread is a joke. A horrible one at that, but still a joke. It's not meant to be taken seriously. Please stop.
Kounosuke Kuri is bae:
Spoiler: show
I've been looking at Tinkerbells posts for something, reached the 111th page, then gave up. Turns out, Marina posted it all along. I think this expresses perfectly how I felt when I found it.
Marina wrote:when youve been had
The best drawing in the world. It recreates my style of drawing back in the day. Enjoy the Russian ladies: http://postimg.org/image/oivx1igt1/

BTB
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: smoking weed and killing motherfuckas on xbox
Chat Username: btb

Postby BTB » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:42 pm

The only horrible joke is here the blatant disrespect Marioheads get around here. We respect Sonicmaniacs and Kirbyfreaks alike, but I don't understand why they would get treated better than MARIOHEADS on Super MARIO Bros. X. King of Eternity, you don't have to use the official guidelines if you don't want to, but you also don't need to attack them with strawman arguments and ad-hominem to Marioheads.

PixelPest
Edward
Edward
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:48 pm

Marioheads are just uncreative wannabes

underFlo
Young Rydia
Young Rydia
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:50 pm

PixelPest wrote:Marioheads are just uncreative wannabes
ouch
im a girl yo

GhostHawk
Mario
Mario
Flair: how to get a gf using LOGIC
Chat Username: Aero

Postby GhostHawk » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:54 pm

This thread is not a place to come and be offended and leave rude remarks. If you don't like Mario, don't post in this thread, simple as that.

Mario is all about fun, and this thread is not as fun as it should be with this blatant disrespect. It's sad.
*sip* Don't talk to me until I've had my morning coffee.

BTB
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby BTB » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:54 pm

How about instead of insulting an entire group of people for no reason you actually review some of our levels? Typical that someone who think's they're good enough to judge Mario would be a faker.

KILROCK
Swooper
Swooper

Postby KILROCK » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:23 pm

King of Eterity wrote:bunch of bullshit
It's because of dorks like you that reghrhre stopped doing cool stuff on NSMBX back in my time. Your fakery is not what Mario is about.

FireSeraphim
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Current Project: The Second Reality Project X (SMBX), Hyrule Fantasy (Zelda Classic), ?????? (????)
Chat Username: FireSeraphim

Postby FireSeraphim » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:37 pm

KILROCK wrote:
King of Eterity wrote:You know, you so-called 'Marioheads' just seem so narrow-mined guys don't know the meaning of SMBX. I will make fun of your stupid guidelines you put together and explain why they should not be followed. In red are things I added

The Mario games that belong to the Mario canon are listed below. You cannot use any other games as a basis for your levels.
- Super Mario Bros. 1 (basics, highly suggested)
- Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (basics, highly suggested)
- New Super Mario Bros. (basics, highly suggested)
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- Missing in the bold part: US version of SMB2, SMW, the 3D games (SMS is located somewhere below tho) and NSMB2+U
- Mario is Missing!
- Donkey Kong Jr. Math (timeloop theory)
- Mario Paint Composer
- The Minions Movie
- Mario’s Time Machine (timeloop theory)
- Mario Party 2
- Luigi’s Mansion
- Mario’s Early Years! Fun With Numbers
- Mario’s Early Years! Fun With Letters
- Mario’s Early Years! Preschool Fun (highly debatable)
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Mario Kart 64 - What about SMK?
- Mario Teaches Typing
- Mario Kart: Double Dash! - Super Circuit?
- Mario Kart 8 - Where's DS, Wii and 7
- New Super Luigi U - If that is Canon, then why not Mario Bros U?
- Mario Clock
- Mario Calculator
- Wario World (debatable) - Debateable? no
- Dr. Mario 64 (looked down upon some Marioheads) - well shame on them then, isn't it? And where are the other Dr. Mario games?
- Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong Country games however are not canon) - Yes they are!

Note: Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros. 2 are NOT canon to the series.
They are a part of the greater Mario universe, but are not canon to the main
series. - They are!
OK, let's get this straight, you can use any game and still call yourself a Mario fan.

All custom graphics must be from one of the games listed above. Nope, they can be from other games. However, any custom graphics regardless of origin will only make your level worse, so use them sparingly. Well that has nothing to do with being Mario fan, does it?

Levels may not mix tilesets or styles from different games or level themes. They can For example, a grassland level cannot incorporate elements of a castle level, and a SMB3 level cannot incorporate elements of any other canon Mario titles. For example, a grassland level can incorporate elements of a castle level, and a SMB3 level can incorporate elements of any other titles.

Your levels must use locations already established in the Mario canon. This means no factory levels, no space levels (since Mario Galaxies aren’t canon), etc.Don't be afraid to ignore this, build AWAY.

ABSOLUTELY NO SLOPES in Super Mario Bros. 1 or Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels themed episode. ABSOLUTELY IGNORE THIS RULE. Slopes were never intended to be in the Mario series. Does not mean we can't use themIt is acceptable to include slopes in levels based off of other titles, but it is heavily frowned upon. This is because there are no slopes in Brooklyn, the original setting of the Mario series. So?

ABSOLUTELY NO CUSTOM EVENTS OR LAYERS in any level. This ABSOLUTELY GOES AGAINST the meaning of SMBX - innovation, so feel free to ignore this at all costs. This is not how the late Shigeru Miyamoto created his levels, and John Nintendo still respects his wishes to this day. There are already preset moving objects available to you in Super Mario Brothers X. Well there are plaenty of levels in their games that would require events and layers to recreate so WTF are you on about?

ABSOLUTELY NO LUA LUA in anything. WTF is that?This ruins the game for everyone as it allows you to create Metal Gear and Metroid levels, which is not what Mario is about. Well considering lua lua does not even exist, it don't matter really, does it?

If making an episode, all levels in the episode must be based off of the same Mario title e.g. no Super Mario Brothers 3 levels in a Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels episode. What about mixed levels?

Custom music is allowed as long as it’s canon (refer to list of canon games). That list is a pile of

When in doubt ask WWMD (What Would Miyamoto Do) When in doubt do what you want.

Joke levels aren’t suitable to this friendly community as that’s not really what Mario is about. That has nothing to do with being a Mario fan. We are not allowed to post joke levels here anyway

Reggie does not belong in FPS Mario indie games after the tragedy. Also all races should be included in Mario levels. Mario is all about inclusion. What?

The Great Castle Adventure is not accepted by Marioheads as a good episode, so avoid it at all costs and do not refer it to friends. Hey, that is one of the most awesome episodes ever created in the SMBX community. I am so going to get the remake. HOW DARE YOU INSULT KRAZY KOOPA AND LINNIK LIKE THAT. If you are Linnik or Krazy Koopa, or enjoyed/support the Great Castle Adventure, avoid the so-called 'Marioheads' insulting and narrow-minded ways at all costs.

Forum Etiquette:

Don’t be a faker. Do not pretend to love Mario or Super Mario Brothers X when you really want to use it for your own selfish means. It f**king isn't selfish, it's innovative.
You must include a Mario related picture in your avatar as well as in your signature. Or how about we put what is in King of Eterity's signature.
Leave a polite PM if someone is being a faker, and keep everyone on the Mario path. You better not!
Do not put Mario images inside spoilers, let them be shown so people be aware how much you care about Mario. We care about Mario and are Mario fans even if we don't comply with this
Do not talk about games that aren’t Mario, you are overshadowing the franchise and end up being part of the problem. We are not actually, you are the ones causing problems, not solving them.
Do not comply with FireSeraphim’s demands, he is the leader of the fakers and will try to corrupt your innocent minds. Nope!
If people are talking about other games, try to redirect them back on the right track. Back to Mario. Are you trying to make the video games forum redundant?
Do not trust Andrew Spikes’ lies. Every claim made after including Link and Metroid is objectively false. Who the f**k is Andrew Spikes?
If there are pointless fights or problems with the staff, do not get involved. It’s none of your concern. UNLESS THEY ARE BEING A FAKER. No one is being a faker.
Do not trust the comments from the Level Judges, nobody should be rude enough to judge Mario. They don't even judge Mario, they judge levels made using the SMBX engine.
Don’t talk about drugs and politics, that’s not what Mario is really about. However, feel free to talk about the politics of the Mushroom Kingdom. Probably should not talk about drugs anyway, they can be considered 18+, but politics, there is nothing wrong with that, you are trying to make the sandbox forum redundant now :evil:
Do not include non-canon material in fan-fiction. This includes self insertion and the usage of other users. However, you can include members who are well known level designers, such as MyNameIsEric52. Why?
Anything that relates to touhou is directly associated with faker-y. This excludes bossedit8. [Who is also guilty of disagreeing with your
You must devote most of your time to the Super Mario Brothers X Forums, don’t fall victim to faker forums, such as talkhaus, New Knuckles96 Forum, and TrekWeb. You know what? We don't give a

So anyway, I won't agree or comply, and you can't call others who agree with me not Mario fans, or 'fakers'.
It's because of dorks like you that reghrhre stopped doing cool stuff on NSMBX back in my time. Your fakery is not what Mario is about.
This is where you're wrong Kilrock, the reason why reghrhre left is because the engine was still too limited for him. I agree with King Of Eternity, Innovation and Creativity is exactly what Super Mario Bros. and by extension SMBX is about whether you like it or not.

KILROCK
Swooper
Swooper

Postby KILROCK » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:39 pm

I was actually talking about stuff like opposite day and S0Hide. When he left I was already out of the community.

BTB
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby BTB » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:41 pm

Please don't put words in the late reghrhre's mouth to fit your agenda, FireSeraphim. It's really disrespectful.

Electriking
Bowser
Bowser
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here.
Current Project: Not Mushroom Kingdom Massacre ATM
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:12 pm

BTB wrote:The only horrible joke is here the blatant disrespect Marioheads get around here. We respect Sonicmaniacs and Kirbyfreaks alike, but I don't understand why they would get treated better than MARIOHEADS on Super MARIO Bros. X. King of Eternity, you don't have to use the official guidelines if you don't want to, but you also don't need to attack them with strawman arguments and ad-hominem to Marioheads.
OK, sorry if I insulted you or anyone else but I feel you (or whoever put together the guidelines) have insulted a few other people, especially the creators of the Great Castle Adventure or at least you are trying to defame them. Telling people to avoid a certain game, film or any other creation is not nice to the people that created it, as it causes their creation to lose popularity unnecessarily, and I also have a problem with other points such as sending PMs to those that are called fakers to tell them that. I really don't think there is a polite way to call one a faker and some may get insulted because they have been told off for doing something perfectly legit and innocent. Also telling people not to post about video games irrelevant to Mario I feel is wrong as well. The video games forum is designed for people who talk about any video game they want (as long as they fit in the forum rules, presumably) and I don't think it is good to be involve. I understand and respect that some people like more classic Mario games/levels to be made here and repect and no offence but I think there are problems with the guidelines that seem to be telling the Marioheads to do things that will negatively affect people that don't want to comply. I would like to see them reworded and have a few things negatively affecting people to be removed. And I don't think people should be told to avoid projects unless they are graphic or have content that most people won't want to see or be exposed to etc.

And I do apologise for putting pictures of feces. I really should have known better, but zeldamaster removed them, and I promise to never do it again.
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:26 pm

An expected post from the Loonielua fan. Take your Koanalas, Zeldas and Megamans out of my Mario.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

PixelPest
Edward
Edward

Postby PixelPest » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:28 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:
An expected post from the Loonielua fan. Take your Koanalas, Zeldas and Megamans out of my Mario.
Says the notorious SMB3-recolour user

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:30 pm

PixelPest wrote:
FanofSMBX wrote:
Says the person who has a Super Mario World avatar and can't even be bothered to get the palette right... maybe that improves it. After all, SMW just started Mario on the long, sad path to the loreless kidshow it is today.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

PixelPest
Edward
Edward

Postby PixelPest » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:34 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:
PixelPest wrote:
FanofSMBX wrote: An expected post from the Loonielua fan. Take your Koanalas, Zeldas and Megamans out of my Mario.
Says the person who has a Super Mario World avatar and can't even be bothered to get the palette right... maybe that improves it. After all, SMW just started Mario on the long, sad path to the loreless kidshow it is today.
Who cares about my avatar's palette? I'm no Mariohead. I'm not afraid to push the limits and make new things instead of of try to replicate the past. Yes, I enjoy the older series and learn from them, but you guys doing that exclusively and not even doing your own things, using other people's ideas, is really what's sad

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:41 pm

What's really sad is all those FAKERS out there

PixelPest
Edward
Edward

Postby PixelPest » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:45 pm

I have a fun meme:

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:46 pm

The saddest thing is you're actually taking this seriously.

Return to “Sandbox”