What Inspired Your Username?

Off-topic discussion.
Wkay
Spike
Spike
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:39 am

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby Wkay » Tue May 12, 2015 10:57 pm

Erm... My name was inspired by a video game character in a game called Half-Life: Opposing Force, who was named Adrian Shepard.
This account's dead, move on to Gunslinger, bud.

User avatar
Destiny
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:40 pm
Flair: Giving up on every project since 2013 :D
Contact:

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby Destiny » Tue May 12, 2015 11:32 pm

A star called Sirius. Just that.
Shepard wrote:Adrian Shepard.
*Shephard. Why I'm correcting you? I don't know.
Image

Metamorphizer
Hoopster
Hoopster
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:19 am

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby Metamorphizer » Thu May 14, 2015 12:58 am

I took my name from the Cascade Mountains. I really just like the name.

My old name Proto Stratos was completely made up.

edit: @8bitmushroom: hahaha. You know, I actually wondered if people would think that before I adopted the name.
Last edited by Metamorphizer on Thu May 14, 2015 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Danny
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 3993
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby Danny » Thu May 14, 2015 1:00 am

Cascade wrote:I took my name from the Cascade Mountains. I really just like the name.
I actually honestly figured it was Cascade Dish Detergent.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

User avatar
Jackoy123
Rex
Rex
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby Jackoy123 » Thu May 14, 2015 7:21 pm

My Real Name Jack ._.
Sirius wrote:A star called Sirius. Just that.
Shepard wrote:Adrian Shepard.
*Shephard. Why I'm correcting you? I don't know.
I am Brazillian
Last edited by Squishy Rex on Fri May 15, 2015 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post.
CURRENT PROJECT
None
Banjo kazooie
BLUE! MY FAVORITE COLOR
Bad english = i'm brazillian

Wkay
Spike
Spike
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:39 am

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby Wkay » Thu May 14, 2015 11:30 pm

Sirius wrote:A star called Sirius. Just that.
Shepard wrote:Adrian Shepard.
*Shephard. Why I'm correcting you? I don't know.
No... it's actually just Shepard.
This account's dead, move on to Gunslinger, bud.

Metamorphizer
Hoopster
Hoopster
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:19 am

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby Metamorphizer » Fri May 15, 2015 5:19 am

Sirius wrote:A star called Sirius. Just that.
Shepard wrote:Adrian Shepard.
*Shephard. Why I'm correcting you? I don't know.
Actually, it's shepherd (if you mean a guy who herds sheep.)

And Shepard is actually a real name.

User avatar
Squishy Rex
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Posts: 1908
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:30 am
Pronouns: he/him

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby Squishy Rex » Fri May 15, 2015 6:33 am

Jackoy123 wrote:My Real Name Jack ._.
Sirius wrote:A star called Sirius. Just that.
Shepard wrote:Adrian Shepard.
*Shephard. Why I'm correcting you? I don't know.
I am Brazillian
In future please use the Edit button instead of double posting. I have also merged your two posts.
SMBX Asset Archive
Image
COMING SOON!

User avatar
Destiny
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:40 pm
Flair: Giving up on every project since 2013 :D
Contact:

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby Destiny » Fri May 15, 2015 3:44 pm

Shepard wrote:
Sirius wrote:
Shepard wrote:Adrian Shepard.
*Shephard. Why I'm correcting you? I don't know.
No... it's actually just Shepard.
So, his name was written wrong in every place? If you say...
Cascade wrote:Actually, it's shepherd (if you mean a guy who herds sheep.)

And Shepard is actually a real name.
The character name is Shephard. I'm not talking about the word.
Image

User avatar
underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Posts: 4464
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 am
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She
Contact:

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby underFlo » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:44 pm

In a Mafia game I played, there was a Masonizer Role and it was represented by a Spinda. I, too, got masonized, and then for some reason some of the Masons decided to give themselves a Spinda pun as their new name. Mine was "Spinda Right Round", but I figured Spinda is better.
im a girl yo

Sewpah
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 554
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby Sewpah » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:45 pm

Back in 2009, I made a ROBLOX account named supamario23. It has been my account even since until I quit playing it on October 2014. One thing I realized is that my name spelled better the way it's pronounced (Soopah, Sewpah). So, I tried to change my username to SewpahMario23, but... let me tell you that it costed a lot. So, I became known as Sewpah.
Image
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Video Game Licenses:
Image
Image

Stuff I support:
-The Invasion 3: Shadow Star
Image

User avatar
Legend-tony980
Hoopster
Hoopster
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:47 pm

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby Legend-tony980 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Back in late February 2010, I always loved the word "legend". I was inspired by names such as Tony Stark and Tony Montana, mostly the first name though. I first combined my name as Legendtony, but instead I added the "-" in between. But then, I had to add numbers after. I added 9, 8 and 0. Saying nine, eight and zero was pretty catchy. So I kept the numbers. Hence "Legend-tony980". And my stage name is Tony Legend. But is Tony my true name? ;)

The reason why I called myself CaptainAmerica in IRC is because it made me feel stronger, awesome, solid, manlier and more of a leader. Captain America is one of my favorite avengers. But I pretty much used the name as a cover and my alter-ego. :roll:
Here is the link to my Upgraded Super Mario Bros. 3-Styled Graphic Pack Download

Also, go check out my DeviantArt account where most of my image submissions are found.

I'm currently working on Link's sprites tho:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Streetzero
Banned
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:53 pm

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby Streetzero » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:06 pm

I like Street Fighter. I like Mega Man Zero. It's probably the most unoriginal name in existence, but it works.

~Streetzero, Shitpost Extraordinaire and Weeb Hunter


User avatar
DrPac
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:32 am

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby DrPac » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:36 pm

This is my Smash Bros alias.
Spoiler: show
Image

Image

Image


WERE YOU EXPECTING A SIGNATURE?

TOO BAD!

WALUIGI TIME

Expected
Bit
Bit
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:23 am

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby Expected » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:09 pm

I was programming a random word generator and decided to use a random word as my username that I liked. I kept on generating until I got a name that I liked. That name was Vyvuto.

User avatar
Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1450
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:50 pm
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him
Contact:

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:54 pm

What inspired my username was having both the name of my second main in Smash 4 Ness, and my favorite character from Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood (Yes, sometimes I watch those shows :P).
I eventually decided to use Ness because I was TOO crazy about Villager.
The icon is what was inspired by this as well.
It's a picture of a sprite of ness recolored to resemble Prince Wednesday.
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
Spoiler: show
Image
Do you love Villagers? I know I do!
(Image is not by me)
Will Toad truly get an actual project, will something happen who knows?
OR

User avatar
UnskilledPlayer
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby UnskilledPlayer » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:04 pm

My username (UnskilledPlayer) is because I was a total newbie to SMBX at the time. I'm still amateur.
Image
Expecting a signature? TOO BAD! Waluigi time!


Image
^I'll admit, lazy editing.^
Play part one of TFK! http://www.mediafire.com/download/r3d4h ... _Kaizo.zip

Stuff I support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
PopYoshi
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby PopYoshi » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:12 pm

I'm a fan of Yoshi and at the same time of the 2 brothers Mario so got together Yoshi with Bros and there came out the name. The Pop only because I was bored
Image

Image

My project:

Image
Image

User avatar
marioman99
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:24 pm

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby marioman99 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:31 pm

marioman99 = I play Mario, I am a man and I like the numbers 99
If you ever need me I live in a blue Yoshi egg
I really live in a piranha plant's mouth


Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Ecruteak
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Posts: 672
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:53 am
Flair: It's been...

Re: What Inspired Your Username?

Postby Ecruteak » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:17 pm

My new username came to be after some contemplation-
I just mashed together my favourite Mario character (Shy Guy) and my favourite (and first) Windows OS (Windows XP).

I decided upon this because in my school, people like to make fun of me because I once accidentally opened the wrong Google Account when hooking my Mac to the projector (the account which, at the time, was named ShyGuy37 Plays). They kept saying it out loud and they still sometimes make fun of me for it. I considered changing it, so here's ShyGuyXP. Even though my Google Accounts username is Shy Guy Plays now, I'm starting to use ShyGuyXP for most other accounts that I make. I even contemplated using LucinaXP, one of my Smash mains and Windows XP, but I figured I'd get teased even more if anyone found out, since I'm in a boys' high school, and Lucina is not a boy.

Kids can be brutal sometimes.
Image
Ambiguously active.


Return to “Sandbox”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 20 guests