Kids these days

Off-topic discussion.
Bluigi
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Re: Kids these days

Postby Bluigi » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:25 pm

Aero wrote:^ This

I said directly that the top half of my post was sarcastic and satirical of people who say "kids these days" and judge generations with cliche platitudes. Even included a YouTube link that seriously goes over this. Almost posted a FilthyFrank/Ukinojoe video but I thought that wouldn't be clear enough but hey being subtle is a lost art here anymore anyway.

Also vsauce did a good video on this subject:

Why would you create a topic, sarcastic or not, which you obviously don't have any idea of?

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:48 am

Bluigi wrote:Why would you create a topic, sarcastic or not, which you obviously don't have any idea of?
You know for someone who is telling people to get a life, you aren't really setting a good example of maturity.

If you really must know the answer to this you can always use private messages, otherwise, I think we should stay on topic.

Topic being THE KIDS, THEY LISTEN TO THE RAP, WHICH GIVES THEM THE BRAIN DAMAGE.

YA SEE?
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

Bluigi
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Bluigi » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:33 am

DarkMatt wrote:
Bluigi wrote:Why would you create a topic, sarcastic or not, which you obviously don't have any idea of?
You know for someone who is telling people to get a life, you aren't really setting a good example of maturity.

If you really must know the answer to this you can always use private messages, otherwise, I think we should stay on topic.

Topic being THE KIDS, THEY LISTEN TO THE RAP, WHICH GIVES THEM THE BRAIN DAMAGE.

YA SEE?
Did I ever claim that I have a real life? Nahp.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:36 pm

Bluigi, enough. This is the last time I'm telling you.

mechamind
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: You can set your mind to it!

Postby mechamind » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:36 pm

DarkMatt wrote:Topic being THE KIDS, THEY LISTEN TO THE RAP, WHICH GIVES THEM THE BRAIN DAMAGE.
And I say it's not limited to this generation.
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Soundtrack stuff

Postby lighthouse64 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:13 am

mechamind wrote:
DarkMatt wrote:Topic being THE KIDS, THEY LISTEN TO THE RAP, WHICH GIVES THEM THE BRAIN DAMAGE.
And I say it's not limited to this generation.
Yeah, there are quite a few young adults who listen to rap. I don't listen to rap because I don't find it appealing; I just listen to video game soundtrack. :P

But I've noticed something weird. Kids younger than me seem to be getting a smart phone earlier than me. I didn't even get one until 6th grade, and I'm a supposed kid of these days.
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:59 am

I know I'm going to get in trouble for saying this, but screw it!
What's next, this generation of kids watching 18+ anime??? :o :shock:
(Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG goals (62% of the goals completed)
My Pixiv
I'm autistic & have ADHD.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:37 am

NintendoOtaku93 wrote:I know I'm going to get in trouble for saying this, but screw it!
what?
im a girl yo

Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: they/them/don't refer to me
Chat Username: Aristo

Postby Aristo » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:38 am

NintendoOtaku93 wrote:I know I'm going to get in trouble for saying this, but screw it!
Why are you like this.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:43 am

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:16 am

Aristocrat wrote:
Why are you like this.
Sorry, I guess I went too far with that comment! :|
And when I said 18+ anime, I meant the Seinen & Gore anime! Gosh!!
(Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG goals (62% of the goals completed)
My Pixiv
I'm autistic & have ADHD.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:04 pm

Okay time for the elaborate detail post.

This thread is mocking people who say "kids these days" and have negative attitudes about younger generations because their interests and behavior are not the same as the older generation.
This thread is not for judging younger generations and the things they enjoy.
This thread is for pointing out crap people say like "kids these days," "90s kids" crap, "born in the wrong generation," different generations, attacks on an entire subject (music/art) based on misplaced nostalgia and unfounded assumptions about modern pop culture.

I'm convinced next to nobody ITT has read anything said or watched the videos. I'd really like this topic to get back on the rails.

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:09 pm

Aero wrote:I'm convinced next to nobody ITT has read anything said or watched the videos. I'd really like this topic to get back on the rails.
The problem is that there weren't really any rails on this thread to begin with. This falls under the same problem as your previous controversial topic; there is no discussion because the only discussion you propose is bashing social groups, and you even flat out say that right here:
Aero wrote:This thread is mocking people who say "kids these days" and have negative attitudes about younger generations because their interests and behavior are not the same as the older generation.
This thread is not for judging younger generations and the things they enjoy.
This thread is for pointing out crap people say like "kids these days," "90s kids" crap, "born in the wrong generation," different generations, attacks on an entire subject (music/art) based on misplaced nostalgia and unfounded assumptions about modern pop culture.
Yes, there are discrepancies between social groups, but you can find that anywhere and everywhere, and it's all based on opinions. This thread probably would have garnered more serious discussion if you didn't make it so one-sided--lets only attack the peers that don't match my social standards--and actually brought some valuable discussion-worthy material to the table. There's this strange disconnect when you make a thread in an attempt to start a serious discussion about a topic, but you make the thread solely geared towards a single side, it's like you aren't giving an open mind to other opinions.

This would have been an interesting thread to discuss the topic in, but since everybody is circlejerking to the rhetoric of "adults are bad, they don't understand me", I think it lost its value. Plus, this doesn't help encourage serious discussion either:
Aero wrote:This thread is mocking people who say "kids these days" and have negative attitudes about younger generations because their interests and behavior are not the same as the older generation.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:37 pm

Stop.

Bluigi
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Bluigi » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:37 pm

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for my posts in this thread.

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:33 pm

People need to stop bash to younger audiences just because they're not the same as of how they act and behave to the adult audiences. I mean sure there are kids that don't act the best as of how it's supposed to go about and they have less knowledge than the adult people but that doesn't mean these people have to bash it just because they either felt like it or they think they're better than others or more relative to that but kids also have their own freedom to go about aswell. Also, there are parents that do care for their kids to protect and also how it goes on their live and such... but of course not all parents do that which is also very sad as of how it goes like that if those parents don't care for their kids and such.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:13 pm

Danny, enough. I'm not going to say to get back on topic again, I'm just going to delete anymore off topic posts because this is getting ridiculous. This thread isn't about the quality of Aero's threads or whatever, so please stop discussing it in this thread. Thank you.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:36 pm

bossedit8 wrote:People need to stop bash to younger audiences just because they're not the same as of how they act and behave to the adult audiences. I mean sure there are kids that don't act the best as of how it's supposed to go about and they have less knowledge than the adult people but that doesn't mean these people have to bash it just because they either felt like it or they think they're better than others or more relative to that but kids also have their own freedom to go about aswell. Also, there are parents that do care for their kids to protect and also how it goes on their live and such... but of course not all parents do that which is also very sad as of how it goes like that if those parents don't care for their kids and such.
Exactly right. Parents do this with teenagers, and teenagers bash children. A certain amount of criticism is healthy like with keeping people on the straight and narrow, however when entire subjects - again art/music - are shot at that can get dangerous even. Like I'll talk crap about music genres I don't like, or how modern art has degenerated, but that doesn't mean there is no high quality music out there that's produced today or art that actually is impressive. Ultimately, it's the confusion between tastes in music/art/whatever and misplaced nostalgia with the entire subject matter in a different time. The Nazis burned what they saw as degenerate art, books, or displayed them as contemptuous with little to acknowledgment of the culture that was consuming all of that and felt they were cleaning up the decadent new things in favor of the old. That's not to say that what they burned actually was crap - that's irrelevant - it's the fixation on protecting the youth and the masses from what is perceived to be modernity when it's the egos of everyone involved that need to be kept in check hence why I mock the above-it-all 90s kid master race types and behaviors while appreciating the good that comes from modern culture instead of criticizing entire concepts.

Metamorphizer
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Metamorphizer » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:33 pm

Interestingly, generational differences today are far more pronounced than throughout much of history - owing to the increasingly greater advancements in and availability of tech, and abundance of information. Go back a few hundred years and world events and tech nology were less likely to define generations because people generally agrarian lives without much travel and without immediate access to news abroad.

As for the "90s kids master race", most people have nostalgia for the years they grew up. My dad talks about how great the 70s were. Kids today will refer to themselves as 2000s or 2010s kids and argue they had better childhoods than 20s kids.

Lemlime25
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: :)
Current Project: random levels here and there
Chat Username: Lemlime#6560

Postby Lemlime25 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:55 pm

It's true. My generation is dumb. My generation is spoiled. And it sucks to be in this group of people.
Well, it sucks for the normal ones, like me. But nobody knows I'm normal. They just think "Oh there's another twelve year old making cringey Musicallies and YouTube videos."... I hate it. Their (the idiots) reputation has ruined us; the normal ones. The ones who don't take selfies every time they move a muscle. It's like you're on Instagram then you see someone post "Just sat down! My butt loves chairs." then a nanosecond later you see "I just turned my head around to the right. My neck is feeling better now!"

I just wish people don't constantly say that everyone in my generation is stupid. They say we don't know about anything. They say we're spoiled.

Well, that's true.
For most of us.

-Lemlime25 2016

(I'm sorry, I just had to do that ;) )
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature!
... Or don't. It's fine if you don't.

ImageImageImage

I support:
Spoiler: show
Nothing lol

Return to “Sandbox”