Mario and Luigi MS-DOS Level Constests

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Heroic-Man
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Current Project: Super Mario World: The Legend of Pirra

Mario and Luigi MS-DOS Level Constests

Postby Heroic-Man » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:25 am

Hello everybody!
Heroic-Man here.
And today it time for...

Mario and Luigi MS-DOS (DOS) Level Constests!

The Standard Rules

Violation of these rules will result in disqualification.

The judges mustn't know which level you made. You may not reveal any details about the level to the public before the judges are done judging all the levels. This includes showing screenshots of the level prior to this announcement. You may not submit a level that you've posted screenshots of, or videos for that matter. And you can't say which level you made.
You may only submit one level. If it's an accident, we'll just drop the extra level but if you submit a second level under another name, both levels will be disqualified.
The level has to be made by you and you alone.
You must submit the level before the deadline. If you submit after the deadline you will automatically get 2 points off your score after all scores are averaged together for your level.
You must inform us what characters can or cannot be used in the level.
The level cannot end to other than a Star (SMW or SMB3) and it can't have more than three.
Use warp pipe for exit (End Level Pipe Only)

The level can end the game.
Put the music and level file for name of the level
Use music from Ocremix for mario, and newgrounds for mario
Levels with unreasonable difficulty will be scored low. Judges are not required to beat levels if they're crazy hard. This is because they often take too much time to complete, they are generally tedious.
No Joke or Kaizo (as mentioned with difficulty) levels
No boss is optional
LUNADLL, LUNA LUA, SMBX 2, PGE, are allowed. No SMBX 1.4.X Please include all APIs in the level folder.
By submitting a level you agree that it will be in a public episode containing all the submissions.
By submitting a level here, you agree that all scores from judges here will be accounted for if you submit this level to the levels sub-forum. The scores will not be accounted for if you updated the level after the results of the contest are posted. If results don't come three weeks after the deadline, then you may post your level publicly on the level sub-forum if you want to.
The level you submit must not used in any contests prior to this one. Furthermore the level must not be from a completed episode either as it is already available to the public, and the level must not be revealed to the public in any way, shape, or form.
Lastly, please test your level!

Additional Themed Rules
The level must involve some sort of Old School, Custom any level, or Remix level.
EXAMPLES
Classic
Underground Ruins
High Mountain
Greeny Grassy Groovey
Castle (No Bosses)

Get ready create your own level.

Here it is make a level yourself with this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/?uomvrauuir5m6r1

Also you can make any color for backgrounds, and tileset.
When your done.
Send it to me
Then i play it, or test it.

Judges:
Heroic-Man
???
???
???

Good luck, and you can made best level Win!

By the way, today is my birthday
Last edited by Heroic-Man on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: You know what they say, all toasters toast toast!
Current Project: something idk
Chat Username: *practical

Re: Mario and Luigi MS-DOS (DOS) Level Constests

Postby Rhosty » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:42 am

Spoiler: show
Heroic-Man wrote:Hello everybody!
Heroic-Man here.
And today it time for...

The Standard Rules

The judges mustn't know which level you made. You may not reveal any details about the level to the public before the judges are done judging all the levels. This includes showing screenshots of the level prior to this announcement. You may not submit a level that you've posted screenshots of, or videos for that matter. And you can't say which level you made.
You may only submit one level. If it's an accident, we'll just drop the extra level but if you submit a second level under another name, both levels will be disqualified.
You must submit the level before the deadline. If you submit after the deadline you will automatically get 2 points off your score after all scores are averaged together for your level.
The level cannot end to other than a Star (SMW or SMB3) and it can't have more than three.

Levels with unreasonable difficulty will be scored low. Judges are not required to beat levels if they're crazy hard. This is because they often take too much time to complete, they are generally tedious.
No boss is optional
LUNADLL, LUNA LUA, SMBX 2, PGE, are allowed. No SMBX 1.4.X Please include all APIs in the level folder.
By submitting a level you agree that it will be in a public episode containing all the submissions.
By submitting a level here, you agree that all scores from judges here will be accounted for if you submit this level to the levels sub-forum. The scores will not be accounted for if you updated the level after the results of the contest are posted. If results don't come three weeks after the deadline, then you may post your level publicly on the level sub-forum if you want to.
The level you submit must not used in any contests prior to this one. Furthermore the level must not be from a completed episode either as it is already available to the public, and the level must not be revealed to the public in any way, shape, or form.

Additional Themed Rules
The level must involve some sort of Old School, Custom any level, or Remix level.
EXAMPLES
Classic
Underground Ruins
High Mountain
Greeny Grassy Groovey
Castle (No Bosses)

When your done.
Send it to me

Judges:
Heroic-Man
???
???
???

By the way, today is my birthday[/quote]
Happy birthday dude! But, are there any scoring criteria for judges if any?

Heroic-Man
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Re: Mario and Luigi MS-DOS (DOS) Level Constests

Postby Heroic-Man » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:57 am

practicalshorty014 wrote:
Spoiler: show
Heroic-Man wrote:Hello everybody!
Heroic-Man here.
And today it time for...

The Standard Rules

No boss is optional

Additional Themed Rules
EXAMPLES
Classic
Underground Ruins
High Mountain
Greeny Grassy Groovey
Castle (No Bosses)

When your done.
Send it to me

Judges:
Heroic-Man
???
???
???

By the way, today is my birthday
Happy birthday dude! But, are there any scoring criteria for judges if any?[/quote]
Thank friend :), kind of.

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Re: Mario and Luigi MS-DOS Level Constests

Postby Snessy the duck » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:59 am

Are you sure you didn't just steal the rules from somewhere? The reason I say this is because they have much better english than what you usually write. Also, what exactly is the point of this contest? I don't really get it. Should we remake levels from Mario and Luigi DOS in SMBX?

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Heroic-Man
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Heroic-Man » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:22 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:Are you sure you didn't just steal the rules from somewhere? The reason I say this is because they have much better english than what you usually write. Also, what exactly is the point of this contest? I don't really get it. Should we remake levels from Mario and Luigi DOS in SMBX?
No, i didn't steal the rules. And i already remake Mario and Luigi DOS in SMBX, it been release:

I going to post remake episode.

Natsu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: It's a secret to everybody ...
Chat Username: Kuma-san

Postby Natsu » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:44 pm

Please abstain from posting non-SMBX content on SMBX->General. Your thread has been moved to Sandbox.
Discord quotes
Trace: You're a capable boi

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: e

Postby Sancles-Chan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:50 am

Intuition wrote:Please abstain from posting non-SMBX content on SMBX->General. Your thread has been moved to Sandbox.
This seems like it is SMBX content though? He even claims in the first post "You can use SMBX 2.0, LunaLua and PGE".

Is there something I'm missing?

Return to “Sandbox”