Will SMBX eventually die?

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Will SMBX eventually die?

Postby Artemis008 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:47 pm

I mean, it's got to end eventually right? Do you think SMBX will be forgotten like most fan games are? I see more and more people leaving all the time. Is the end drawing near? I don't want it to happen, this was the first internet forum/community I joined. God forbid if Nintendo cease and desist's SMBX2. Sorry if this seems stupid, I just entered the Wii hacking scene to find out its been dead for 2 years and it made me think about this sites future.

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

Reiuji Utsuho
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: Time to make myself disappear
Chat Username: Yuu-senpai#1659

Re: Will SMBX eventually die?

Postby Reiuji Utsuho » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:32 am

As far as SMBX is concerned is the end drawing near? I don't really think so. It still has a lot of interest and people actively talking about it all the time, doesn't sound like something losing its steam to me. Even then in any given community you're going to have some people come and go and new people joining in. It's just a natural thing and not necessarily the only indication, if at all. To me, looks like there's nothing at all to worry about. The community has also existed for a good while so even if this forum or site dies, there'll likely be other ones.

Although personally, I don't really care a whole lot either. Everything ends at some point, this definitely won't be an exception. I'd just say it's best to enjoy the time you're having here and just be ready for whenever that end may come along, in the back of your head.

Edit: Forgotten, also? Still don't think so. It's name is pretty known on the internet so I don't see it ever going away completely.

Hi! Please stay positive and keep yourself motivated. You can do many great things if you give it your effort. Please have a lovely day.
#1: Utsuho Reiuji  #2: Kagerou Imaizumi  #3: Fujiwara no Mokou  #4: Momiji Inubashiri  #5: Kasen Ibaraki

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:13 am

Of course it'll eventually die - all fanbases for anything die out eventually. But this community is pretty much doing better than it ever has, so I don't see that day coming any time soon.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:58 am

Reiuji Utsuho wrote:As far as SMBX is concerned is the end drawing near? I don't really think so. It still has a lot of interest and people actively talking about it all the time, doesn't sound like something losing its steam to me. Even then in any given community you're going to have some people come and go and new people joining in. It's just a natural thing and not necessarily the only indication, if at all. To me, looks like there's nothing at all to worry about. The community has also existed for a good while so even if this forum or site dies, there'll likely be other ones.

Although personally, I don't really care a whole lot either. Everything ends at some point, this definitely won't be an exception. I'd just say it's best to enjoy the time you're having here and just be ready for whenever that end may come along, in the back of your head.

Edit: Forgotten, also? Still don't think so. It's name is pretty known on the internet so I don't see it ever going away completely.
Actually, SMBX is not that well known. I think when the veterans give up, new people will take our place as Mario is a since every gamer plays at some point.

ImageImageImage

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:17 am

I mean, nothing exists eternally, but we can keep it alive as long as possible with enthusiasm and new ideas. And veterans "giving up" at some point is the exact reason as to why you need new members to become new veterans.

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: All toasters toast toast
Current Project: Nothing
Chat Username: practical

Postby Rhosty » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:25 am

I don't think about this often, but however Nintendo is doing in terms of sales of their products and their fanbase, affects SMBX in some sort of way, as does any other thing Nintendo related. As long as Nintendo is doing fine with that, so are we. A sudden popularity spike in platform building games, more specifically Mario games, will also keep us alive. And if we still have our Facebook page, then new users will always know where to find us, which is probably one of the reasons why we get a new user almost every other day. So my answer is no, it may die, but it's not going to die any time soon if people are still interested in Nintendo for the next couple of years.

Reiuji Utsuho
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: Time to make myself disappear
Chat Username: Yuu-senpai#1659

Postby Reiuji Utsuho » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:06 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Actually, SMBX is not that well known. I think when the veterans give up, new people will take our place as Mario is a since every gamer plays at some point.
I didn't necessarily say well known. What I meant was that it is known about and for it to completely just disappear off the internet wouldn't really be a swift or easy thing. Somewhere, somebody will still remember it or probably play it. My fault for not explaining it well enough, I guess.

Hi! Please stay positive and keep yourself motivated. You can do many great things if you give it your effort. Please have a lovely day.
#1: Utsuho Reiuji  #2: Kagerou Imaizumi  #3: Fujiwara no Mokou  #4: Momiji Inubashiri  #5: Kasen Ibaraki

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:08 am

Reiuji Utsuho wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Actually, SMBX is not that well known. I think when the veterans give up, new people will take our place as Mario is a since every gamer plays at some point.
I didn't necessarily say well known. What I meant was that it is known about and for it to completely just disappear off the internet wouldn't really be a swift or easy thing. Somewhere, somebody will still remember it or probably play it. My fault for not explaining it well enough, I guess.
Sorry for miss interpreting that.

ImageImageImage

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Nothing atm
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:23 am

Let's hope not. :|

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:04 am

No, SMBX won't die. Aside from a select few, a lot of the old userbase from the classic SMBX forums have moved on and left the community, but as has been said before, new members will always join and take their place, thus the community evolves. In comparison to what it was like when I joined back in 2012, the SMBX community is now made up of vastly different people - a new generation, if you ask me, yet we still see people who are from the older generation, albeit less commonly. In fact, SMBX is enjoying newfound popularity at this point not just because of this new generation, but there's also version 2.0 on the way and means of extending its capabilities, namely LunaLua coding.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Knux » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:54 am

for what it's worth, almost everyone who was a part of this community 8 years ago are no longer here. to date there is no other mario level editor which doesn't require the complex knowledge of hacking and is easily attainable. the community does seem to dip in activity sometimes but it always bounces back.

Thehelmetguy1
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: Embrance the dorkness
Current Project: World domination

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:01 am

I don't think the end is near. SMBX will die eventually, but it is not gonna be so soon. This community is pretty active nowadays, and if Nintendo wished to end SMBX, it would have already been done. SMBX is gonna live on for a long time, that is certain. Also, there were many times where the SMBX community was said to die, and we are still here, aren't we?
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature
Read the worst webcomic on the forums!
My greatest forum achievement:

TDK
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby TDK » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:10 pm

Of course, but I doubt it will be soon.
Last edited by TDK on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:17 pm

Well it's like, SMBX reinvents itself with 2.0, and if it stays innovative then it can still live on for a very long time

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:28 pm

Well, it's as everyone else says, SMBX will eventually die, but it's not going to be happening anytime soon.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:21 pm

Will it die? Definitely yes. Any time soon? Probably not.

Nintendo also tried shutting down the SMBX in 2011 but failed because of the community. There is still lots of undiscovered potential in SMBX and as long as people keep discovering this potential then it would ensure that interest continues to hold. Updating and adding to it (Like 2.0, LunaLua and PGE) will just add more potential waiting to be discovered and as long as people keep experimenting to see what they can and can't do, then potential will continue to be discovered and people will continue to be interested in the game. Of course a time will come when it is decided to no longer update the game and then all that will be left to keep interest will be any remaining undiscovered potential, but of course once that map is completed, then there will not be much that can keep the interest and it will be then that SMBX will die.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:43 pm

smbx will never die

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:07 pm

King of Eterity wrote:Will it die? Definitely yes. Any time soon? Probably not.

Nintendo also tried shutting down the SMBX in 2011 but failed because of the community. There is still lots of undiscovered potential in SMBX and as long as people keep discovering this potential then it would ensure that interest continues to hold. Updating and adding to it (Like 2.0, LunaLua and PGE) will just add more potential waiting to be discovered and as long as people keep experimenting to see what they can and can't do, then potential will continue to be discovered and people will continue to be interested in the game. Of course a time will come when it is decided to no longer update the game and then all that will be left to keep interest will be any remaining undiscovered potential, but of course once that map is completed, then there will not be much that can keep the interest and it will be then that SMBX will die.
What do you mean "once the map is complete"?

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:50 pm

SMBX will keep up with updates and I'm keeping everything up with SMBX videos sooooooooooo...

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:56 pm

Artemis008 wrote:
King of Eterity wrote:Will it die? Definitely yes. Any time soon? Probably not.

What do you mean "once the map is complete"?
Once everything you can do is discovered
bossedit8 wrote:SMBX will keep up with updates and I'm keeping everything up with SMBX videos sooooooooooo...
It ill have to stop updating eventually though.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Return to “Sandbox”