Help To Write The History of SMBX (For documentary series)

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Re: Help To Write The History of SMBX (For documentary series)

Postby Mable » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:13 pm

It was taken down in 2011 and not FOR SOME REASON. It got taken down because Redigit used copyrighted stuff like the playables, npcs, blocks basically anything that was in it was made by Nintendo, plus he made money with his site by using their stuff. So they gave him a mail about the takedown of smbx and also claimed his site and turned the link to direct people to their own site.

Pls google what copyright means and how it works via companies taking down stuff by using this.

Also before 38a there was an attempt to make NSMBX which failed.
timocomsmbx2345 wrote:I think it's still my fault the smbx.org forum got archived.
what

timocomsmbx2345
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: i dont even know anymore. . . .
Chat Username: same as my username

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:21 pm

Mable wrote:It was taken down in 2011 and not FOR SOME REASON. It got taken down because Redigit used copyrighted stuff like the playables, npcs, blocks basically anything that was in it was made by Nintendo, plus he made money with his site by using their stuff. So they gave him a mail about the takedown of smbx and also claimed his site and turned the link to direct people to their own site.

Pls google what copyright means and how it works via companies taking down stuff by using this.

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:I think it's still my fault the smbx.org forum got archived.
what
this post right here might have caused the archive.
SMBX 2.0 β4 is here!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
Spoiler: show
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:23 pm

Mable wrote:Also before 38a there was an attempt to make NSMBX which failed.
Actually, it was planned to be called Super Mario Bros: Remastered, or SMB:R. It was going to have a lot of new features like being able to turn events on and off, but I can't remember the rest of the details because I didn't join before it got cancelled. Not sure exactly why it was cancelled, but many theories have sprung up about it like there being too many users bragging the staff about when it was going to be released or for it being too difficult. Around the time I joined there were still some remnants of the SMB:R project, and NSMBX was planned to be a forum to discuss this new successor, with Knux's being the main SMBX forum. After the cancellation NSMBX essentially became a carbon copy of Knux's forum, hence leading to Knux's dislike of the forum and repeated attacks under different aliases, such as Dry Bones and Super Mario. Rivalries existed and there was even a plan to merge NSMBX with Knux's, which failed for obvious reasons.
Last edited by HeroLinik on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:25 pm

I can confirm that the archival of SMBX.org was not caused by your post.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

Amine Retro
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: Bench-kun

Postby Amine Retro » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:25 pm

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:
Mable wrote:It was taken down in 2011 and not FOR SOME REASON. It got taken down because Redigit used copyrighted stuff like the playables, npcs, blocks basically anything that was in it was made by Nintendo, plus he made money with his site by using their stuff. So they gave him a mail about the takedown of smbx and also claimed his site and turned the link to direct people to their own site.

what
this post right here might have caused the archive.
Are you serious?

Do you seriously think the whole forum was archived by one post?
my signature
my discord server. we have a WIP episode there too, so you can join if you're interested.
i support: show

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:26 pm

timocomsmbx2345 wrote: this post right here might have caused the archive.
Dude we're talking here about the OLD Forum and not Joeys Forum. I thought you talked about the original one which didn't make sense.
You really need to work on wording those posts better, so that people will understand what you actually talk about.

timocomsmbx2345
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: i dont even know anymore. . . .
Chat Username: same as my username

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:27 pm

if i didnt cause the archive then what happened?
SMBX 2.0 β4 is here!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Postby HeroLinik » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:30 pm

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:if i didnt cause the archive then what happened?
Basically, there was no point keeping the forum if the Site Discussion Thread could sum up everything, thus it was re-established in General and the SMBX.org forum was taken down with the rest of the stuff.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

Amine Retro
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: Bench-kun

Postby Amine Retro » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Joey stated that anything related to the site will be discussed in the site discussion thread. I can't find his post but that's what i remember.

EDIT: ninja'd.
my signature
my discord server. we have a WIP episode there too, so you can join if you're interested.
i support: show

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:33 pm

Funnily, why is that thread about the starman and old 2.0 in the old SMBX.org subforum?
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 pm

Because timo was saying it was his fault that the smbx.org forum was archived, i though he was talking about the original one since this topic is about it and suddenly it backturned into this forum and not the original one.

If people wouldn't make confusing posts things like this wouldn't happen. Wording a post right is the way of life.

1AmPlayer
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: I'm a hellspawn.
Current Project: SMB: Faraway Islands (Work in Progress Name)
Chat Username: IAmPx

Postby 1AmPlayer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:35 am

Also. 2018 / 2019 : 1AmPlayer still don't know how to use LUA.

Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Knux » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:05 pm

HeroLinik wrote:
Actually, it was planned to be called Super Mario Bros: Remastered, or SMB:R. It was going to have a lot of new features like being able to turn events on and off, but I can't remember the rest of the details because I didn't join before it got cancelled. Not sure exactly why it was cancelled, but many theories have sprung up about it like there being too many users bragging the staff about when it was going to be released or for it being too difficult. Around the time I joined there were still some remnants of the SMB:R project, and NSMBX was planned to be a forum to discuss this new successor, with Knux's being the main SMBX forum. After the cancellation NSMBX essentially became a carbon copy of Knux's forum, hence leading to Knux's dislike of the forum and repeated attacks under different aliases, such as Dry Bones and Super Mario. Rivalries existed and there was even a plan to merge NSMBX with Knux's, which failed for obvious reasons.
NSMBX was created by Pascal (Yoshisisland) named after the title of his SMBX remake. This being the first SMBX remake it got quite a bit of attention and that was why the site was made. He disbanded the project, and it was taken over by someone else. NSMBX didn't become a carbon copy of my forum after the first merge attempt either, in fact the main reason we wanted to merge was because they were identical to eachother. I never really liked that site, it was full of staff that just would not co-operate. It also took up space on Prophpbb when it didn't need to. total waste of a forum.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Postby HeroLinik » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:15 pm

Knux wrote:He disbanded the project, and it was taken over by someone else.
But why was SMB:R cancelled? Like I said, there are so many theories flying around.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:01 am

Knux wrote:
HeroLinik wrote:
NSMBX was created by Pascal (Yoshisisland) named after the title of his SMBX remake. This being the first SMBX remake it got quite a bit of attention and that was why the site was made. He disbanded the project, and it was taken over by someone else. NSMBX didn't become a carbon copy of my forum after the first merge attempt either, in fact the main reason we wanted to merge was because they were identical to eachother. I never really liked that site, it was full of staff that just would not co-operate. It also took up space on Prophpbb when it didn't need to. total waste of a forum.
Wasn't NSMBX originally founded by supermarioman? I know YoshisIsland had heavy involvement in/was the creator of the NSMBX project but I thought supermarioman actually started the forum.

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Knux » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:16 pm

During the summer of 2010 we were kinda in this weird situation where Trekwebs wasn't really established and my forum heightened in popularity and redigit had left with SMBX seemingly cancelled. YoshisIsland decided to recreate SMBX and titled it NSMBX. He made the forum, cancelled the project,and someone else took over.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:56 pm

There are three things that are/have been referred to as NSMBX:

- YoshisIsland's NSMBX, a program whose development happened around mid- and late 2010 as far as I know
- mrgameandwatch's NSMBX, a program whose development happened (or at least surfaced) in 2011; this program featured the rotating blocks from NSMBWii and was used as some sort of a base for what came to be the SMB:R project I believe
- The NSMBX forums, which were created in 2011 likely to support mrgameandwatch's NSMBX; supermarioman and XerX led this forum and the project which came to be known as SMB: Remastered

To my knowledge there were no significant forums for YoshisIsland's NSMBX. Once Redigit's forums closed, official community leadership was transferred to Jason (bikcmp) for a couple weeks and then to CaptainTrek.

Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Knux » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Shadow Yoshi wrote:There are three things that are/have been referred to as NSMBX:

- YoshisIsland's NSMBX, a program whose development happened around mid- and late 2010 as far as I know
- mrgameandwatch's NSMBX, a program whose development happened (or at least surfaced) in 2011; this program featured the rotating blocks from NSMBWii and was used as some sort of a base for what came to be the SMB:R project I believe
- The NSMBX forums, which were created in 2011 likely to support mrgameandwatch's NSMBX; supermarioman and XerX led this forum and the project which came to be known as SMB: Remastered

To my knowledge there were no significant forums for YoshisIsland's NSMBX. Once Redigit's forums closed, official community leadership was transferred to Jason (bikcmp) for a couple weeks and then to CaptainTrek.
NSMBX was never considered the next in line, it branched from my forum and remained the only two after Trekwebs shut down. SMB:R may have been picked up as an attempt to maintain the sites purpose.

Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Knux » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:46 am

does anyone have the specific dates for forum existence? im banned from NSMBX so cant check the earliest user join date

Original forums (June? 2009-July? 2010 - Official 1st Forum)
Beetlebailey's Forums (Nov-Dec 2009-2010?)
Knux Forums (April 2010-December 2013, Official 4th Forum Post Trekwebs)
Bikcmp Forums (Official 2nd Forum. Summer 2010, possibly July-August)
Trekwebs Forums (Official 3rd Forum. Unsure of dates but I'm sure Joey knows this one)
NSMBX Forums (July 2010? - present)
Joey's Forums (Official 5th Forum. December 2013 - Present)

I know other forums like SMBX Brazil exist, but I don't know the dates. PLs help guys, and I also can\'t remember ALL the forums

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:49 pm

From checking out the NSMBX member list, it seems to have been created on September 11, 2011, but not opened to the public until September 26, 2011.

- a spam account 2016

Return to “Sandbox”