Things you don't get!

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4614
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Mah GFX Pack (Containing Sega Mega Drive style, PC Engine style, & 16-bit Monochrome GFXs)
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:25 pm

I don't get why the Detective Pikachu was predicted to be PG-13 in late 2018 n social media, and is now PG?!?

User avatar
GforGoomba
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:08 am
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby GforGoomba » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:39 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:25 pm
I don't get why the Detective Pikachu was predicted to be PG-13 in late 2018 n social media, and is now PG?!?
Predicted being the key word
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

User avatar
MegaDood
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1025
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby MegaDood » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:04 pm

Taycamgame wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:36 pm
MegaDood wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:03 am
Oshi wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:22 pm
The thing that I understand the least is my fellow peers. Like, I don't care if it's the quantum theory or anything like that, THIS is truly the one thing I probably will never understand. The slightest guess I have is the internet, as it is relatively new and only recently have social media sites have been around, and we've kinda got accustomed to that since it's the thing we're most used to, whereas most of the adults have grown up without all that.

Feel free to tell me anything about it as I am very remote from the rest of my peer group in the fact that I am one of the few who actually seem to have a lick of sense. Maybe not though...I'm really not too sure about myself either
Same here, I find it annoying how most of my friends mainly communicate through Social Media too and not in real life.
Especially the mobile phone part. Sure, they can be useful, and are a great tool and addition to our lives. I'm just sick of seeing everyone around me constantly looking down at that cuboid of plastic and metal. Also, the fact that people often judge you by your phone model is disgusting. Anyway, i just hate phones. Social media is part of the problem as well; it's very useful for conversations and other communications over large geographical areas; though i hate it when people text others who are literally metres away from them, if that.
I completely feel you. I reckon it'll reach a point though, where people will eventually somehow realize this, and they might start changing things for the better.

Added in 53 seconds:
Cedur wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:55 pm

Feeling exactly the same. They have taken the place of an omnipresent status symbol
That's a good way to put it.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4107
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby Cedur » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:33 am

MegaDood wrote:I completely feel you. I reckon it'll reach a point though, where people will eventually somehow realize this, and they might start changing things for the better.

Who knows which possessive technologies will be invented by then.
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
MegaDood
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1025
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby MegaDood » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:02 am

Cedur wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:33 am
MegaDood wrote:I completely feel you. I reckon it'll reach a point though, where people will eventually somehow realize this, and they might start changing things for the better.

Who knows which possessive technologies will be invented by then.
True. But with all of the things happening in the world, like Climate Change, I reckon people will eventually realise the bigger picture.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1240
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame
Contact:

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby Taycamgame » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:21 pm

MegaDood wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:02 am
Cedur wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:33 am
MegaDood wrote:I completely feel you. I reckon it'll reach a point though, where people will eventually somehow realize this, and they might start changing things for the better.

Who knows which possessive technologies will be invented by then.
True. But with all of the things happening in the world, like Climate Change, I reckon people will eventually realise the bigger picture.
It's clearly not going to be happening anytime soon. Heck, some people don't actually believe climate change is a real thing. Phones have been out for numerous years as well, so it doesn't seem like it will slow down at all at this rate.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
Image
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

User avatar
Scroll
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1527
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: I'm not a spoiler :v
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby Scroll » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:16 pm

I don't get why we still have Maduro as president here in Venezuela
Electriking wrote:Signatures are overrated.

User avatar
AeroMatter
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4446
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boomers
Chat Username: luigi

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby AeroMatter » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:30 pm

Because there's a larger game being played.
Spoiler: show
Image
As long as one man goes hungry nobody should eat until everyone is full.

User avatar
Scroll
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1527
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: I'm not a spoiler :v
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby Scroll » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:32 pm

AeroMatter wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:30 pm
Because there's a larger game being played.
Spoiler: show
Image
Makes sense
Electriking wrote:Signatures are overrated.

User avatar
MegaDood
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1025
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby MegaDood » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:44 am

Taycamgame wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:21 pm
MegaDood wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:02 am
Cedur wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:33 am



Who knows which possessive technologies will be invented by then.
True. But with all of the things happening in the world, like Climate Change, I reckon people will eventually realise the bigger picture.
It's clearly not going to be happening anytime soon. Heck, some people don't actually believe climate change is a real thing. Phones have been out for numerous years as well, so it doesn't seem like it will slow down at all at this rate.
It's a shame really. But I mustn't lose all hope.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4184
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby Electriking » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:36 am

Phone addicts will disappear when they become [insert future technology that replaces phones here] addicts.
Signatures are overrated.

User avatar
MegaDood
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1025
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby MegaDood » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:20 am

One thing I don't get is some gaming forums. Like, why are there some people who infest fandoms like the FNaF and Undertale fandoms, and then all leave to move on to something else, for example "Baldi's Basics" when that was a bigger thing than it is now. I don't understand how people can not be loyal to a series they adore.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1240
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame
Contact:

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby Taycamgame » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:30 am

MegaDood wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:20 am
One thing I don't get is some gaming forums. Like, why are there some people who infest fandoms like the FNaF and Undertale fandoms, and then all leave to move on to something else, for example "Baldi's Basics" when that was a bigger thing than it is now. I don't understand how people can not be loyal to a series they adore.
What you've described can be summed up into one word: Obsoletion. Those first two games are pretty old; i'm not sure by exactly how much, but they are over a few years old. The third game, Baldi, is only about a year or so old now, so is still sorta fresh?

Certain games, series and genres spark interest for different periods of time. For example, SMBX is 10 years old, yet we're still here as a community because the possibility in SMBX makes it a long lasting game to keep coming back to.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
Image
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

User avatar
Koopa-Fan
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 403
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:28 pm
Flair: no
Current Project: Put what project you're currently working on in this box, SMBX or not.
Chat Username: Koopa-Fan
Contact:

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby Koopa-Fan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:54 am

MegaDood wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:20 am
One thing I don't get is some gaming forums. Like, why are there some people who infest fandoms like the FNaF and Undertale fandoms, and then all leave to move on to something else, for example "Baldi's Basics" when that was a bigger thing than it is now. I don't understand how people can not be loyal to a series they adore.
I can fully understand people who move on to other things. Interests change over time - these people might have just lost interest in the games they used to play.
And in the cases of the two series you mentioned, they may even be burnt out with it. While FNaF got four sequels and three spin-offs in the span of four years, there was no indication that Undertale would get a sequel until Toby Fox randomly dropped the Deltarune demo. And Undertale didn't receive updates which added significant amounts of content either. There's only so many times you can play through a game like that before it gets repetitive and boring.

User avatar
MegaDood
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1025
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby MegaDood » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:42 pm

Taycamgame wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:30 am
MegaDood wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:20 am
One thing I don't get is some gaming forums. Like, why are there some people who infest fandoms like the FNaF and Undertale fandoms, and then all leave to move on to something else, for example "Baldi's Basics" when that was a bigger thing than it is now. I don't understand how people can not be loyal to a series they adore.
What you've described can be summed up into one word: Obsoletion. Those first two games are pretty old; i'm not sure by exactly how much, but they are over a few years old. The third game, Baldi, is only about a year or so old now, so is still sorta fresh?

Certain games, series and genres spark interest for different periods of time. For example, SMBX is 10 years old, yet we're still here as a community because the possibility in SMBX makes it a long lasting game to keep coming back to.
I understand those games are old, and it makes sense to move on to new things, but when people treat a game like royalty and suddenly forget it exists the moment something new comes out, that just bugs me a bit.

Added in 1 minute 30 seconds:
Koopa-Fan wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:54 am
MegaDood wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:20 am
One thing I don't get is some gaming forums. Like, why are there some people who infest fandoms like the FNaF and Undertale fandoms, and then all leave to move on to something else, for example "Baldi's Basics" when that was a bigger thing than it is now. I don't understand how people can not be loyal to a series they adore.
I can fully understand people who move on to other things. Interests change over time - these people might have just lost interest in the games they used to play.
And in the cases of the two series you mentioned, they may even be burnt out with it. While FNaF got four sequels and three spin-offs in the span of four years, there was no indication that Undertale would get a sequel until Toby Fox randomly dropped the Deltarune demo. And Undertale didn't receive updates which added significant amounts of content either. There's only so many times you can play through a game like that before it gets repetitive and boring.
That's a good point. How do companies keep interest flowing with their series, like Mario, so well?
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby Eri7 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:01 am

I think for the most part, Mario is a well known character and most of his games try out something new gameplay wise while the story is kept to a minimum so everyone can understand what is going on.
Image
Image
Image
Image

computerfan0
Rex
Rex
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:54 am
Flair: Whiny kid
Current Project: Super Fortnite bros.

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby computerfan0 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:50 am

I don't understand why so many people seem to have been banned recently. Can you be banned for making bad levels?
(GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
https://backloggery.com/computerfan0
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 21125827641 8:11 pm
quoting myself, why

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4184
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby Electriking » Sat May 18, 2019 10:24 am

computerfan0 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:50 am
Can you be banned for making bad levels?
No. That would just be stupid if we did that.
Signatures are overrated.

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4107
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby Cedur » Sat May 18, 2019 10:50 am

computerfan0 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:50 am
I don't understand why so many people seem to have been banned recently. Can you be banned for making bad levels?

Almost all of the people recently banned where alts of the same person
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

computerfan0
Rex
Rex
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:54 am
Flair: Whiny kid
Current Project: Super Fortnite bros.

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby computerfan0 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:07 am

Cedur wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:50 am
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:50 am
I don't understand why so many people seem to have been banned recently. Can you be banned for making bad levels?

Almost all of the people recently banned where alts of the same person
So all alts of Eri7 I guess.
(GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
https://backloggery.com/computerfan0
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 21125827641 8:11 pm
quoting myself, why


Return to “Sandbox”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests