RE: The Invasion 2 smb3 style

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

RE: The Invasion 2 smb3 style

Postby Knux » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:45 am

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=19212

I don't normally make threads like these anymore but what is with the general nastiness in this thread? For a start, I see no plagiarism here - he isn't claiming it as his own episode, he knows as much as you know that it's just the default episode but revamped with SMB3 GFX, something usually praised here. but the overwhelmingly negative feedback is just uncalled for and really rude. This kind of behaviour is going to make users shy away from the community rather than want to submit more content. just a thought.

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Re: RE: The Invasion 2 smb3 style

Postby glitch4 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:47 am

I'm smart and I don't think making a remake by one style is plagiarism.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:38 am

I am also pretty sure you don't need to get permission from Redigit to remake his episodes

Also it was The Invsion 1, not 2, FYI
Signatures are overrated.

arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Postby arcade999 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:52 am

Yeah, there is MANY behaviours that really didn't help to get new members, like, I saw many many many locked threads that were from new users or young childs, wich think that, if these were their FIRST THREADS, they get a pretty bad image of smbx in general, same when one of them post a graphic or anything, and everyone jump on them to tell what is wrong with graphics and doing tons of recommandations. I guess it can be too much to ask to a kid in elementary school or someone new. Also there is a lot of pressure on members, sometime, I am going to wrote something, but I finally never post it, by being scared to get a mod message saying that my post isn't ``relevant``. Just to say that smbx should change it approach with begginers or less experimented users to avoid them being shy to post content... :|
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:13 am

arcade999 wrote:same when one of them post a graphic or anything, and everyone jump on them to tell what is wrong with graphics and doing tons of recommandations.
So we're now saying that it's rude to point out faults in certain stuff and then advise them on how to improve? Jeez, that's one messed-up society.

The real fault lies not with the critic, but with the creator. It's the fact that people can't even take it properly and instead have a go at the critic and take their words the wrong way by accusing them of being "harsh" when in reality they're thin-skinned individuals who can't even take criticism and want everything their own way, as if the world revolves around them. If people can just learn to take criticism properly and not start ranting at the critic (and this has been going on for a while, it isn't new) then this would be a better place. If you don't want criticism, then don't even bother trying to do it.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!

Postby arcade999 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:21 am

HeroLinik wrote:
arcade999 wrote:same when one of them post a graphic or anything, and everyone jump on them to tell what is wrong with graphics and doing tons of recommandations.
So we're now saying that it's rude to point out faults in certain stuff and then advise them on how to improve? Jeez, that's one messed-up society.

The real fault lies not with the critic, but with the creator. It's the fact that people can't even take it properly and instead have a go at the critic and take their words the wrong way by accusing them of being "harsh" when in reality they're thin-skinned individuals who can't even take criticism and want everything their own way, as if the world revolves around them. If people can just learn to take criticism properly and not start ranting at the critic (and this has been going on for a while, it isn't new) then this would be a better place. If you don't want criticism, then don't even bother trying to do it.
Did you listened what I said? It is not a question of accepting criticisme or not, but HOW HARD IT CAN FOR BEGGINERS to get tons of critics for the very first time even if they may not understand, mostly when they are young kids.

(there is nices ways to criticize tho, and it is not alway the fault of the creator if the critics don't know how to criticise properly)
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:

Snessy the duck wrote:

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:36 am

arcade999 wrote:Yeah, there is MANY behaviours that really didn't help to get new members, like, I saw many many many locked threads that were from new users or young childs, wich think that, if these were their FIRST THREADS, they get a pretty bad image of smbx in general, same when one of them post a graphic or anything, and everyone jump on them to tell what is wrong with graphics and doing tons of recommandations. I guess it can be too much to ask to a kid in elementary school or someone new. Also there is a lot of pressure on members, sometime, I am going to wrote something, but I finally never post it, by being scared to get a mod message saying that my post isn't ``relevant``. Just to say that smbx should change it approach with begginers or less experimented users to avoid them being shy to post content... :|
and now faulty episode / project threads get deleted, and the OPs will be privately and unambigiously told as to why. The rules are visible enough as a sticky thread, yet there are so many newbies ignoring them (and, in fact, not giving a serious effort to contribute stuff anyway and disappearing quickly no matter how they've been treated). And our main audience are juveniles / young adolescents, so you can expect conversation to be on the respective level most of the times.

I can give you that the moderation may be a little rude or patronizing at times, and it's clear that one will feel offended from that. But in the end, it's still supposed to tell you what you've done wrong, without intending a personal attack. Don't determine your anxiety to post stuff by the mods, determine it by common sense.

As for the topic itself, there is at least an unwritten rule to not take other people's stuff and make marginal changes to it and gain attention for it.
Last edited by Cedur on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:37 am

arcade999 wrote:(there is nices ways to criticize tho, and it is not alway the fault of the creator if the critics don't know how to criticise properly)
Even those who do criticise properly can upset people who do not take that criticism properly

arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby arcade999 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:44 pm

Electriking wrote:
arcade999 wrote:(there is nices ways to criticize tho, and it is not alway the fault of the creator if the critics don't know how to criticise properly)
Even those who do criticise properly can upset people who do not take that criticism properly
Never said they didn't.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:

Snessy the duck wrote:

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:51 pm

People were unnecessarily rude there (I don't know if I'm included in that, can someone tell me?), but what he did should still be frowned upon.

I'm on Soundcloud | My graphics pack!

Jesus is my savior.

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:54 pm

HenryRichard wrote:People were unnecessarily rude there (I don't know if I'm included in that, can someone tell me?), but what he did should still be frowned upon.
Who, the OP? Kley? Who do you mean by he?

Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Knux » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:35 pm

I don't see how it should be frowned up, please go into more detail with that.

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:00 pm

If stuff like this isn't allowed, then how come episodes like these, which clearly use levels from other episodes, haven't been locked yet?

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby HenryRichard » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:56 am

Taking other's work and just slapping new graphics on it without changing anything else is lazy and develops very little actual skill. A remake is fine, but an exact copy isn't. It's basically the equivelent of most Nightcore and Vaporwave - taking someone's work and altering it in a very minor way that doesn't improve it at all.

Jesus is my savior.

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:24 am

But this is where a line has to be drawn when referring to laziness and general appreciation. Laziness would imply a level of plagiarism that doesn't exist in this instance. The user clearly showed appreciation for The Invasion, and wanted to see it in a SMB3 style. I don't see what the big idea is. Let people enjoy what they want to enjoy, especially something as simple and as innocent as this.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:50 am

I think this warrants further discussion.
It's not plagiarism if you're not passing off someone's work as your own.

And since it's not plagiarism, does anyone want to talk about why it isn't acceptable when someone shares a derivative work of someone's else's creation when they're up front about what it is?

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:55 am

HeroLinik wrote:So we're now saying that it's rude to point out faults in certain stuff and then advise them on how to improve? Jeez, that's one messed-up society.

To be honest though, it's also the responsibility of the critic to keep their post focused on the actual criticism and not get carried away with their feelings on it. I've often seen people on this forum criticize with an unnecessarily negative tone (especially to what are beginner mistakes), and so the "thin-skinned individuals" have a hard time distinguishing between the critic's rational points and the critic's attitude.

There are certainly cases where a creator simply can't take criticism, but those are much less common than when a creator receives an abundant amount of negativity for trivial problems.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:32 pm

I'm less bothered by the content and topic of whether or not it was plagiarism itself, and I'm more concerned by the general outcry and very negative/aggressive attitude people had displayed towards it, because it was shot down at an extremely fast rate and there was no room for actual civil discussion on whether or not it was acceptable and appreciative, which the answer to both of those should be "yes", at least for the most part. The community has always been so quick to judge and destroy something someone has worked on for whatever reason, and I think it's time that comes to a stop.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby HenryRichard » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:00 pm

So I can just reskin everyone else's episodes and never explicitly say that they're mine and I'm fine and anyone who disagrees is wrong? How does that make any sense at all?

Jesus is my savior.

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:02 pm

HenryRichard wrote:So I can just reskin everyone else's episodes and never explicitly say that they're mine and I'm fine and anyone who disagrees is wrong? How does that make any sense at all?
But the thing is, this was only ONE episode, not a billion of them.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

My Level Thread

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=16338

Join My Discord Server below!

https://discord.gg/2pHMZg4

My Projects

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show
[/center]

Return to “Sandbox”