Things you find cringy

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby Mable » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:17 pm

arcade999 wrote:better?
I just respond here to the triggered thing.

I'm not triggered by that, i just think that cancer shouldn't be used like that(i have my reasons why). Just like gay is often used as insult which i also think is wrong.

Sorry that i thought i can share my opinion with others.

User avatar
Oshi
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:34 pm
Flair: Nothing interesting here, move along
Current Project: Not worth mentioning
Chat Username: Oshi#3433

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby Oshi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:30 pm

Another thing I find cringy are those ads you find on every page on top, although it's just a minor thing.


Also McDonalds
If you are interested in Mafia, RTD, or DnD, please check out Minigame Plaza. Unfortunately the server has been declining recently, and we would like people like you to join.
Spoiler: show
godblessamerica21 wrote: when i get mod your ass is grass amigo
projects I support: show
Image
Image

User avatar
arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:23 pm
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby arcade999 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:32 pm

Aristocrat wrote:
arcade999 wrote: I mean like
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Wow okay I get your point now. It really does seem like phones are making us antisocial!

Oh wait.
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
maybe people just dont like talking to you
I can see what you are trying to mean, but their is a difference between zombies Iphone users and people that are simply reading newpapers. Sure, there is a ressemblance, but phones are showing much more possiblities the newpapers, wich lead to people to get, like, ya know, addicts.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

User avatar
Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2359
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:01 am
Flair: Martyr of SMBXdom
Chat Username: Aristo

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby Aristo » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:05 pm

The big flaw in the "all people do nowadays is stare at their phones like mindless zombies" argument is the preconceived notion that people stare at their phone and do nothing with their minds blank, when in reality people do, as you already said yourself, a variety of things. Why do people use their phones so much? Because todays phone encompasses telecommunication, radio, television, email, gaming, encyclopedias and much more. My parents had the same "people on their phones are zombies" attitude until they got smartphones. And guess what, now they're on their phones all the time. And they're as much brainless zombie as they were before. Instead what happened is that they realized that a lot of tasks can be comfortably done from one device. 40 years ago thinking that such a device would exist one day would have been utopic, and now that it exists somehow people still complain about it.
What annoys me about your comment is that it always seems to be people who desperately try to find something to bicker about, just to be a downer for no reason at all, unless you're really naive enough to think that a complex array of issues can be blamed on one single scapegoat.
The reason I brought up newspapers is that back then people complained about the same things. "No one hardly talks to each other anymore, all they do is read those newspapers!!" You should've seen the uproar from adults when radios became widely available. "All those kids do anymore is sit around and listen to music instead of playing outside!!!" Then in the 60s TVs started to replace radio and now phones and computers are starting to replace TV.
Yes, phones also have downsides. People waste a lot of time with cheap mobile games and social media, but again, if playing Candy Crush is really more interesting than partaking in a conversation then people can't really be putting in much effort.
Also make no mistake. You might claim that there are phone addictions, but those are in reality either gambling (gaming) or social media addictions. Being on the phone all the time is a symptom, not the cause.

I don't know where you picked up the notion that people going with the times is a bad thing (your parents probably?) or what phones did to you personally to cause you to be like this but I find it rather irritating. You're not being a moral guardian, you're just being a downer. And that upsets me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
kyasarintsu
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:12 pm

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby kyasarintsu » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:08 pm

What the hell is with the cutscenes in modern Sonic games? They're not even amusingly bad anymore, just insanely freaking boring with bland music, minimal animation, and so-bad-it's-not-even-funny dialogue.
I love the gameplay of Disgaea but the dialogue is a long train of cringe. The first game was the only one whose dialogue I consistently enjoyed.

I'm sick of people making fun of 'triggers" and making crappy "i identify as an attack helicopter xD" jokes.

User avatar
Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5542
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 am
Current Project: ???

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby Pseudo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:47 am

kyasarintsu wrote:I'm sick of people making fun of 'triggers" and making crappy "i identify as an attack helicopter xD" jokes.
attack helicopter is like the worst meme of the 2010s

probably exaggerating but it's close anyways
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

User avatar
MrPunchia
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:51 pm

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby MrPunchia » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:56 am

Pseudo wrote:attack helicopter is like the worst meme of the 2010s
I'm pretty sure there are worse (harambe, mocking spongebob, maybe some others) but to each their own

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4489
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby Aero » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:02 am

kyasarintsu wrote:I'm sick of people making fun of 'triggers" and making crappy "i identify as an attack helicopter xD" jokes.
This. Also pepes, "2 genders" jokes, and asking if one needs a safe space over the smallest disagreements are all terrible.

Another unrelated thing though is audience Q&As where the person didn't think of a question before speaking or goes through a paragraph before getting to the point.
As long as one man goes hungry nobody should eat until everyone is full.

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4320
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby Electriking » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:11 am

Kids on YouTube
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5134
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Nothing atm
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 am

Electriking wrote:Kids on YouTube
True, but some of the kids on YouTube are very talented imo. (Example: Finizer)

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby Mable » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:39 am

MrPunchia wrote:
Pseudo wrote:attack helicopter is like the worst meme of the 2010s
I'm pretty sure there are worse (harambe, mocking spongebob, maybe some others) but to each their own
Today's memes just get sucked to death right when they start.. This one youtuber still makes we are number one videos.
Also harambe wasn't really a meme rather people jumping on the bandwagon that humans should also be handled like him.

User avatar
Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:48 pm
Flair: ???
Current Project: Super Luigi World.
Chat Username: SL

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby Super Luigi! » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:10 pm

Whenever someone drops a utensil, the sound reverberates and induces cringe.
Projects I support:
Spoiler: show
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
Image
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4949
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby Cedur » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:12 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:Whenever someone drops a utensil, the sound reverberates and induces cringe.
rather hilarious than cringy imo.
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:48 pm
Flair: ???
Current Project: Super Luigi World.
Chat Username: SL

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby Super Luigi! » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:20 pm

Cedur wrote:rather hilarious than cringy imo.
What about when someone scrapes a pan or pot? That can definitely be irritating.
Projects I support:
Spoiler: show
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
Image
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4949
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby Cedur » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:44 pm

Oh, I was basically referring to public, like school / college etc. When a triangle ruler is dropped or chalk is squeaking, it gives a good little exhilaration if anything.
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Oshi
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:34 pm
Flair: Nothing interesting here, move along
Current Project: Not worth mentioning
Chat Username: Oshi#3433

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby Oshi » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:22 pm

Super Luigi! wrote: What about when someone scrapes a pan or pot? That can definitely be irritating.
Yeah, I can barley handle scraping sounds, especially loud ones.
If you are interested in Mafia, RTD, or DnD, please check out Minigame Plaza. Unfortunately the server has been declining recently, and we would like people like you to join.
Spoiler: show
godblessamerica21 wrote: when i get mod your ass is grass amigo
projects I support: show
Image
Image

User avatar
arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:23 pm
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby arcade999 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:37 pm

Aristocrat wrote:The big flaw in the "all people do nowadays is stare at their phones like mindless zombies" argument is the preconceived notion that people stare at their phone and do nothing with their minds blank, when in reality people do, as you already said yourself, a variety of things. Why do people use their phones so much? Because todays phone encompasses telecommunication, radio, television, email, gaming, encyclopedias and much more. My parents had the same "people on their phones are zombies" attitude until they got smartphones. And guess what, now they're on their phones all the time. And they're as much brainless zombie as they were before. Instead what happened is that they realized that a lot of tasks can be comfortably done from one device. 40 years ago thinking that such a device would exist one day would have been utopic, and now that it exists somehow people still complain about it.
What annoys me about your comment is that it always seems to be people who desperately try to find something to bicker about, just to be a downer for no reason at all, unless you're really naive enough to think that a complex array of issues can be blamed on one single scapegoat.
The reason I brought up newspapers is that back then people complained about the same things. "No one hardly talks to each other anymore, all they do is read those newspapers!!" You should've seen the uproar from adults when radios became widely available. "All those kids do anymore is sit around and listen to music instead of playing outside!!!" Then in the 60s TVs started to replace radio and now phones and computers are starting to replace TV.
Yes, phones also have downsides. People waste a lot of time with cheap mobile games and social media, but again, if playing Candy Crush is really more interesting than partaking in a conversation then people can't really be putting in much effort.
Also make no mistake. You might claim that there are phone addictions, but those are in reality either gambling (gaming) or social media addictions. Being on the phone all the time is a symptom, not the cause.

I don't know where you picked up the notion that people going with the times is a bad thing (your parents probably?) or what phones did to you personally to cause you to be like this but I find it rather irritating. You're not being a moral guardian, you're just being a downer. And that upsets me.
I can see what you mean by the ''they are all looking to a thing and look zombies because their mind seem blank'' but, in reallity, any addiction is bad, not only ''smartphones and stuff'' one, and I just want you to know that I perfectly understand what you are trying to explain by talking about the fact that each time there is something new, we seems to alway find a problem, but unlike tv, newspapers, radio and other stuff, have you ever SEEN any ''addictions'' to these? Sure, TV addict exist, and is worrying but, the fact that the TV is stationnary and can't be moved for the home somehow stop people from watching it by walking on the street, even if videogames are also a problem since they are having portable versions, but here is not what I really wanna talk about.

See, the fact that ALL tasks (or a bunch of them) can be made from a phone really isn't a good thing. Sure, it has a lot of advantages, but here is also the problem; since a single device can do tons of things, humans are needing less and less of other technologies and other stuff such as books and, since a single machine can do everything, making them more and more dependent to their smartphones, and they seems to don't even be able to ''live'' without it.
TV? Don't need it, my Iphone can do it.
Radio? Don't need it, my Iphone can do it.
Camera? Don't need it, my Iphone can do it.
Visiting a museum? Don't need it, my Iphone can do it.
Communicate? Don't need it, my Iphone can do it.
Taking notes? Don't need it, my Iphone can do it.
Videogames? Don't need it, my Iphone can do it.

They are alway watching their fucking screens.

That really isn't ''utopic''.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

User avatar
MrPunchia
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:51 pm

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby MrPunchia » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:12 pm

"Liberalism is a mental illness."

User avatar
PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7118
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby PixelPest » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:29 pm

The fact that my teachers often have memes in their slideshows but have very little idea what they even mean

User avatar
Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5542
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 am
Current Project: ???

Re: Things you find cringy

Postby Pseudo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:58 pm

MrPunchia wrote:
Pseudo wrote:attack helicopter is like the worst meme of the 2010s
I'm pretty sure there are worse (harambe, mocking spongebob, maybe some others) but to each their own
Image

legit though the ones you mentioned aren't even bad
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl


Return to “Sandbox”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest