What is happening in your country?

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
MegaDood
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: What is happening in your country?

Postby MegaDood » Sun May 12, 2019 6:00 pm

Eureka wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 2:32 pm
Trump is deliberately trying to start another World War
I really hope that's not true though... The nuclear arsenal of both America and Russia is enough to cause mass extinction if at full use... Let's hope that never happens.
My Project:
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Fri May 24, 2019 9:29 am

Theresa May is resigning.
Signatures are overrated.

Thehelmetguy1
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: Embrance the dorkness
Current Project: Storming Area 51
Chat Username: Thg1

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Fri May 24, 2019 10:50 am

Electriking wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:29 am
Theresa May is resigning.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature
Read the worst webcomic on the forums!
My greatest forum achievement:
Spoiler: show

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Sat May 25, 2019 12:44 am

Rhosty wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:17 pm
Teemster2 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:26 pm
Cite some sources please
I would be glad to if your to lazy to Do your own research. What would you like sources for? Nothing I said was a lie and I would be glad to open your mind to more than just cnn.

Added in 9 minutes 10 seconds:
Rhosty wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 2:32 pm
Trump is deliberately trying to start another World War
Where is your evidence of this? Trump has made some comments about Iran recently but nothing he has done is pushing us towards a war with anyone with the exception of Russia when we killed 2 of their people sending tomahawk missiles at an airbase in Syria in response to chemical warfare used from that base. Russia was not happy about that at all. Still that's not a world war. A world war involves almost every country in the world and Russia let it go.

Iran is not a good country but a war with them is a stretch. China has a lot invested in Iran and they really don't want us messing with Iran.

Trump is not perfect but he is not the evil warmonger some make him out to be. He's not even racist. His ex black girlfriend says he's not racist.

You really need to stop listening to all of the lies on the left and try the red pill.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Sat May 25, 2019 12:34 pm

Trump is a high-level narcissist as I already said some times and experts say as well. Delusion of grandeur, ignorance of decency, egomania taken to extremes, ludicrous propaganda with nothing behind it, hence also a pathetic manchild when actually challenged. I'd say Trump is mentally on the same level as his dictatorial enemies Putin, Xi Jinping and Erdogan. Difference is just that the US are still a working state of law with checks and balances. He nevertheless still caused a record-breaking shutdown and tried to undermine the constitution by declaring emergency for the sake of a FUCKING WALL. He's also working towards another kind of cold war, there's no denying of this. Google already gave in to him. And what did Iran actually do wrong? They want to keep up the nuclear deal, and so also want all european countries.

Anyway as a German I'm not influenced by any kind of organized media as you're making up (and neither is Electriking as he's british). I'm mildly left-wing from conviction. The rights are the poison for (and of) society. I also turned up mildly authoritarian in the political quiz, which is because I wish for authority that does good sustainable things. The youth in Germany and Europe is in uproar, Fridays for Future is going stronger, some Youtuber called Rezo made a flagrant video in which he scolded the inexcusable neglection of climate change by the political establishment, it gets millions of clicks, he got the establishment to react on it, and now basically the whole german Youtuber scene stands up for climate and appeals to the young generation to vote accordingly in the EU elections (needless to say, I definitely will). What would they even say about Trump??? The middle / conservative parties (CDU, SPD, FDP) may support climate protection verbally all they want, but their course of actions is literally going against it. The AfD however, generally being full idiots, even sassily denies all of climate change, and Trump is of the same calibre. So, if you support Trump, you support destruction of earth in a couple of decades, and with that attitude you're mentally closer to 60+ year olds than to your own children.

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Sat May 25, 2019 1:08 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 12:34 pm
Trump is a high-level narcissist as I already said some times and experts say as well. Delusion of grandeur, ignorance of decency, egomania taken to extremes, ludicrous propaganda with nothing behind it, hence also a pathetic manchild when actually challenged. I'd say Trump is mentally on the same level as his dictatorial enemies Putin, Xi Jinping and Erdogan. Difference is just that the US are still a working state of law with checks and balances. He nevertheless still caused a record-breaking shutdown and tried to undermine the constitution by declaring emergency for the sake of a FUCKING WALL. He's also working towards another kind of cold war, there's no denying of this. Google already gave in to him. And what did Iran actually do wrong? They want to keep up the nuclear deal, and so also want all european countries.

Anyway as a German I'm not influenced by any kind of organized media as you're making up (and neither is Electriking as he's british). I'm mildly left-wing from conviction. The rights are the poison for (and of) society. I also turned up mildly authoritarian in the political quiz, which is because I wish for authority that does good sustainable things. The youth in Germany and Europe is in uproar, Fridays for Future is going stronger, some Youtuber called Rezo made a flagrant video in which he scolded the inexcusable neglection of climate change by the political establishment, it gets millions of clicks, he got the establishment to react on it, and now basically the whole german Youtuber scene stands up for climate and appeals to the young generation to vote accordingly in the EU elections (needless to say, I definitely will). What would they even say about Trump??? The middle / conservative parties (CDU, SPD, FDP) may support climate protection verbally all they want, but their course of actions is literally going against it. The AfD however, generally being full idiots, even sassily denies all of climate change, and Trump is of the same calibre. So, if you support Trump, you support destruction of earth in a couple of decades, and with that attitude you're mentally closer to 60+ year olds than to your own children.
We have a record number of illegals entering this country and the number is so high it warrants a national emergency. If you have a better solution than the wall let's hear it because I have not heard of any and here is a fact. Some of the democrats also pushed for a wall until Trump wanted one and then they changed their minds. Trump is not the first person to propose a wall.

In February the news said our border was at its breaking point as almost 80 thousand illegals were captured. Those are the ones who were caught marking the biggest number in 12 years. If you don't like a wall maybe you can have some of these illegals move in with you?

Everyone who hates Trump says it will be the end of the world or he's a bad guy. Hillary tried that as her main campaign and now Biden is starting to try the same thing and it won't work. Trump won because he promised jobs and took a bunch of democrats and got them to vote for him. With record low unemployment including record low black unemployment Trump has not destroyed anything. He has actually made America better. Some farmers are hurting right now but they still won't support the democrats most farmers are hardcore Republicans who won't back the Democratic party.

Trump has a good chance of being re-elected and the "he's a bad guy who will destroy the world" speech has little effect on families who have a better living due to more jobs. You need to come back to reality.

Added in 11 minutes 10 seconds:
I also want to point out our planet has been going through warming and cooling cycles for millions of years. Sure we may be influencing it but nothing we do can stop it. Greenland used to be warm and green. Now it's cold and snowy. That had nothing to do with us. Almost 30 thousand scientists sued al gore if I remember right over the global warming thing saying that we may actually be heading to global cooling years back and last winter was the coldest on record since the 60's. So climate change may be an issue but the left makes it out to be the end of the world because of human beings but it's a fact our planet was going through this long before us.

The ginko tree has been around since before the dinosaurs. Instead of worrying about worst case scenarios that will probably never happen in this century try focusing on planting more trees and beautifying our world. Tress may not be enough but they are pretty and the ginko is an interesting read.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Thehelmetguy1
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Sat May 25, 2019 1:35 pm

Political discussions are indeed a glorious sight to behold, especially when you have opposing sides. On the matter of what Trump does, I couldn't care less about whatever he is doing in the US. But what I care about is his attitudes when it comes to foreign policy. His speech and attitudes are overly aggressive, and sooner or later, will end up causing an easily preventable war(For the record, I find it quite extreme the idea that Trump would cause WW3, but he is definitely playing a role in rising tensions in areas like Iran).
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature

SE40
Bit
Bit
Flair: es-eee-fourty
Current Project: 0_Night
Chat Username: SE40#6272

Postby SE40 » Sat May 25, 2019 6:24 pm

Scroll wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:29 pm
SE40 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:55 pm
The election will also be the last one where I'll be unable to vote in so that's nice.
Really? In this country you should be at least 18 years old to vote
sorry for the super late answer. i'm 14 right now (turning 15 in september) and the elections happen every 4 years so in the next election i'll be 18 and able to vote. (also the voting age might be lowered to 16 here)

edit: i guess considering the nature of this thread i should also update what's going on in finland. the election happened, and now they're making a new government. i doubt a lot is going to change considering the top 3 most voted parties. there's also the europarliament election going on right now. tbh a lot of the advertisements are just "independent finland!" or "we wont make another brexit"
Last edited by SE40 on Sat May 25, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P.k.a. Dex

Join my NEW discord server: https://discord.gg/yxxEnh8

computerfan0
Rex
Rex
Flair: Whiny kid
Current Project: Super Fortnite bros.

Postby computerfan0 » Sat May 25, 2019 6:47 pm

The government is all panicked over Brexit. Which is in another country. Makes perfect sense.
(GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
https://backloggery.com/computerfan0
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 21125827641 8:11 pm
quoting myself, why

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Sun May 26, 2019 2:59 pm

SE40 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:24 pm
Scroll wrote:
SE40 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:55 pm
The election will also be the last one where I'll be unable to vote in so that's nice.
sorry for the super late answer. i'm 14 right now (turning 15 in september) and the elections happen every 4 years so in the next election i'll be 18 and able to vote. (also the voting age might be lowered to 16 here)

edit: i guess considering the nature of this thread i should also update what's going on in finland. the election happened, and now they're making a new government. i doubt a lot is going to change considering the top 3 most voted parties. there's also the europarliament election going on right now. tbh a lot of the advertisements are just "independent finland!" or "we wont make another brexit"
Should 16 year olds be allowed to vote? At that age they are not very mature with some exceptions and a lot of people feel that is to young.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Sun May 26, 2019 4:08 pm

The young people who stand up for climate and gun control are very mature, a lot more than some rancurous adults

(expect a longer post from me eventually)

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
[ads]

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sun May 26, 2019 4:46 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:59 pm
SE40 wrote:
Scroll wrote:

Should 16 year olds be allowed to vote? At that age they are not very mature with some exceptions and a lot of people feel that is to young.
A lot of people also think 70+ is too old cause they're voting on a future they won't live in, yet that age group has a larger impact on elections than 16 year olds ever could.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: ShadowStarX

Postby ShadowStarX » Tue May 28, 2019 3:28 pm

In my country, the governing far-right party received 52% of the vote for the EP elections but said party will most likely have to be excluded from the next probable coalition in the EP and a young liberal party gained 2 seats out of the blue.
So in spite of Fidesz, the Hungarian governing reactionary party, having won almost 2/3 of EP seats in Hungary, the young liberals might soon contribute to draining the national establishment, possibly causing the fall of Fidesz in the next decade, hopefully in 2022.
Teemster2 wrote:
SE40 wrote:
Scroll wrote:

There are some people who are mature enough at the age of 16 and some who aren't mature at all at the age of 40.

I personally support the idea of making 16 the requirement and I wouldn't even mind making 70+ unable to vote, albeit I'm not inherently supporting that.
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Joey, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle Derp, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"I know who designed Camacho's level" - bossedit8, 2016
"Waddle Derp is a great minigame" - bossedit8, 2016
"Technically I'm not a voice memer" - bossedit8, 2016

FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue May 28, 2019 4:03 pm

Freaking dictator Trump decided to piss off gamers by making game consoles and games* 25% more expensive in the US.

*Modern games and console to be specific

Thehelmetguy1
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Tue May 28, 2019 6:46 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 4:03 pm
Freaking dictator Trump decided to piss off gamers by making game consoles and games* 25% more expensive in the US.

Ha! You think that is bad? At one point, Nintendo stopped selling products to my country because of protectionist tariffs.

MegaDood
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Postby MegaDood » Wed May 29, 2019 12:05 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:

Did Trump actually do that to annoy gamers? If so, why? Like, why increase gaming prices of all things?
My Project:
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Wed May 29, 2019 2:30 am

MegaDood wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:05 am
FireyPaperMario wrote:

Did Trump actually do that to annoy gamers? If so, why? Like, why increase gaming prices of all things?

dude don't ask this naively ... it's part of China trade war obvsly

[ads]

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:43 pm

MegaDood wrote:
FireyPaperMario wrote:

Everything is trumps fault even if it's not trumps fault. Welcome to the liberal left. Obama could do no wrong and Trump has messed up everything...

I could list the accomplishments of Trump and they would still hate him. Trump did not go out of his way to hurt gamers. That is ridiculous.

Added in 14 minutes 58 seconds:
Cedur wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:30 am
MegaDood wrote:
FireyPaperMario wrote:

dude don't ask this naively ... it's part of China trade war obvsly
I have watched a lot of videos where today's younger generation seems clueless on many political issues as if they only see what the news on tv tells them. There is usually more to the story and some research online can say a lot.

I'm not even sure how many kids and college students watch the news but when asked simple questions some of them act like they don't have much of a brain.

A poll showed 10% of college students think judge Judy was on the Supreme Court so that shows how much some of them really know about things.

Added in 15 minutes 56 seconds:
ShadowStarX wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:28 pm
In my country, the governing far-right party received 52% of the vote for the EP elections but said party will most likely have to be excluded from the next probable coalition in the EP and a young liberal party gained 2 seats out of the blue.
So in spite of Fidesz, the Hungarian governing reactionary party, having won almost 2/3 of EP seats in Hungary, the young liberals might soon contribute to draining the national establishment, possibly causing the fall of Fidesz in the next decade, hopefully in 2022.
Teemster2 wrote:
SE40 wrote:

There are some people who are mature enough at the age of 16 and some who aren't mature at all at the age of 40.

I personally support the idea of making 16 the requirement and I wouldn't even mind making 70+ unable to vote, albeit I'm not inherently supporting that.
Allowing 16 year olds to vote is another way to rig the elections because a lot of younger people seem to be left leaning liberals and yet they seem so clueless on actually political issues. The democrats think giving voting rights to 16 year olds will play in their favor and it is believed by many that most teachers are liberal and teach liberal views so it's easy to understand why the democrats want voting rights for teenagers.

The democrats also want illegals and criminals to have voting rights. So where do we draw the line on who can and can't vote?

Several democrats have said the Boston Marathon bomber should have voting rights if he is ever released from prison and he murdered people.

Let's not forget in America the electoral college gives every state a voice and they want to get rid of that too. I'm sorry but Los Angeles and New York City don't get to speak for America.

Added in 14 minutes 21 seconds:
So after doing some research the Trump administration proposed tariffs on anything not already having a tariff due to the trade war with China. While this includes games the proposed tariff was never actually set up just for games yet the liberal media is making it out that way to get more people to hate on Trump. It's a lie to say Trump is doing it to hurt gamers.

The new consoles for some company's were already going to go up in price with one expected to cost about 500 bucks. China was being unfair with their trade and even if we owe them money they have no right to cheat us.

It's crazy to see how the left slants stories to make Trump out to be a bad president. #walkaway.

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: You know what they say, all toasters toast toast!
Current Project: something idk
Chat Username: *practical

Postby Rhosty » Wed May 29, 2019 3:27 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:

#trumpforthegarbagedump
Teemster2 wrote: Trump did not go out of his way to hurt gamers. That is ridiculous.
Excuse me but if I remember correctly, Trump was the one who said that video games should be banned because they make people violent

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: ShadowStarX

Postby ShadowStarX » Wed May 29, 2019 3:37 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:29 pm
ShadowStarX wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:28 pm
Teemster2 wrote:

Allowing 16 year olds to vote is another way to rig the elections because a lot of younger people seem to be left leaning liberals and yet they seem so clueless on actually political issues. The democrats think giving voting rights to 16 year olds will play in their favor and it is believed by many that most teachers are liberal and teach liberal views so it's easy to understand why the democrats want voting rights for teenagers.

The democrats also want illegals and criminals to have voting rights. So where do we draw the line on who can and can't vote?

Several democrats have said the Boston Marathon bomber should have voting rights if he is ever released from prison and he murdered people.

Let's not forget in America the electoral college gives every state a voice and they want to get rid of that too. I'm sorry but Los Angeles and New York City don't get to speak for America.
First off, liberalism isn't a left-wing ideology and I personally hate the DNC and the "centrists" in the USA and I personally consider Bernie Sanders way too moderate, though if I was American I'd vote for him.

But still, why should a 16 year old not be able to decide on their future? I can get your point in not allowing people in prison not being able to vote, though I'd personally make non-violent, or at least victimless crimes punished way less. Also, America faces huge racism issues, though not technically, but practice is what matters.

Also is it really a problem that the democrats want voting rights for teenagers and is it all that true even? The clintonist portion of the democrats and YangGang aren't as popular among teens as social democrats, such as Bernie Sanders and well, the establishment democrats won't make 16 the legal age to vote.

Also, rust belts are much easier to manipulate than teenagers! Much, much more easier tomanipulate...
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Joey, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle Derp, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"I know who designed Camacho's level" - bossedit8, 2016
"Waddle Derp is a great minigame" - bossedit8, 2016
"Technically I'm not a voice memer" - bossedit8, 2016

Return to “Sandbox”