What is happening in your country?

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
FatalPepper66
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Flair: Money
Current Project: Butterified I - The Power of Propaganda
Chat Username: FatalPepper66

Re: What is happening in your country?

Postby FatalPepper66 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:25 am

In our DaddyBrainLand all is nice

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:51 pm

FatalPepper66 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:25 am
In our DaddyBrainLand all is nice

wew this surely compensates for a day with noone making any posts [/not]

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: You know what they say, all toasters toast toast!
Current Project: something idk
Chat Username: *practical

Postby Rhosty » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:04 pm

AeroMatter wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:54 pm
To this day America has not recovered from the disaster of the first Republican president.
The More You Know
learned a lot more about Lincoln in this post than what I learned in history class, sad

AeroMatter
Palom
Palom
Chat Username: aero

Postby AeroMatter » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:02 pm

Yeah it's really bad how white washed the civil war and Lincoln's presidency was in history books.
As long as one man goes hungry nobody should eat until everyone is full.

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:34 pm

AeroMatter wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:02 pm
Yeah it's really bad how white washed the civil war and Lincoln's presidency was in history books.
That's a matter of opinion. Many feel Lincoln was a great president. The war was started by the south and Lincoln freed the slaves before it was over. After the war the Republican party did everything for Africans for decades and the democrats just wanted the votes when they did start helping out the Africans. Now the Democratic party is for helping out all minorities for the votes and it is being pushed to the extreme left. Also there is racist people and kkk both both sides.

Added in 1 minute 25 seconds:
Rhosty wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:04 pm
AeroMatter wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:54 pm
To this day America has not recovered from the disaster of the first Republican president.
The More You Know
learned a lot more about Lincoln in this post than what I learned in history class, sad
So you base your history off of one single opinion from another person online. I suggest you go online and try doing some research.

Added in 3 hours 15 minutes 5 seconds:
For those that did not know Abraham Lincoln started the homestead act so poor people could have houses, started the irs, us banking system, created numerous universities, freed the slaves and saved the union, and started the US Department of agriculture and is considered the most influential of all presidents according to many academics, polls etc and he was a republican. The party was formed to combat slavery so in my opinion Republicans has done far more for this country than the democrats.

The democrats pushed for welfare which kept black people poor and saw a huge increase in single mothers by over 10 million with 22 trillion spent in welfare so far. Don't believe anything until you do your research.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:01 am

how is all of this even relevant these days? this was from like, 150+ years ago?

do you really act like the Republicans and especially Trump were acquitted forever and all time and the Democrats were eternal scum because of this?

(this is literally what can be read from your posts, and literally the reason you brought up the far past in the first place)

and as a matter of fact it's the republicans who have become the bigger melting pot for structural racism and racists

also it's finally time to charge this
Teemster2 wrote:I also want to point out our planet has been going through warming and cooling cycles for millions of years. Sure we may be influencing it but nothing we do can stop it. Greenland used to be warm and green. Now it's cold and snowy. That had nothing to do with us. Almost 30 thousand scientists sued al gore if I remember right over the global warming thing saying that we may actually be heading to global cooling years back and last winter was the coldest on record since the 60's. So climate change may be an issue but the left makes it out to be the end of the world because of human beings but it's a fact our planet was going through this long before us.

The ginko tree has been around since before the dinosaurs. Instead of worrying about worst case scenarios that will probably never happen in this century try focusing on planting more trees and beautifying our world. Tress may not be enough but they are pretty and the ginko is an interesting read.

perhaps the urgency of climate change is a far more interesting read? And YOU should be doing some better research?
(in response to your condescending "don't believe anything until research" attitude)

The earth ALREADY has massive fever and it is on the verge of slipping into a vicious cycle of perpetuous warming up, and the oh-so-great cycle of warming and cooling will be IRREVERSIBLY broken. 1.5°C is the maximum possible warming before everything goes downhill, and the earth is already 1°C warmer than at preindustrial age. What's gonna happen if we keep it up? UNIMAGINABLE economic damage, not just billions but indeed trillions (how ironic for predatory capitalists), UNIMAGINABLE waves of refugees (how ironic for Trump and other right movements around the world wanting to hold refugees back), UNIMAGINABLE wars for resources and the last safe places on earth, UNIMAGINABLE decimation of humanity if it isn't already doomed to die out.

It is no coincidence that 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 were the warmest years in history. Extremes in all directions (including extreme colds) are only an outcome of the already beginning climate change.

It is about to be the end of the world.

The US are at big fault for climate change, there's really not enough awareness of this due to lacking a meaningful green party, although the youth is standing up there too. But the most upsetting thing is that Trump rather listens to his bullhead rather than to scientists, and that you as a "representative US civilian" put up some duplicitious mockery rather than listening to Greta Thunberg.

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
[ads]

computerfan0
Rex
Rex
Flair: Whiny kid
Current Project: Super Fortnite bros.

Postby computerfan0 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:58 am

That man who wants to build a wall is staying here, much to the anger of protesters who put a blimp up against him.
(GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
https://backloggery.com/computerfan0
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 21125827641 8:11 pm
quoting myself, why

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:38 pm

Cedur wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:01 am
how is all of this even relevant these days? this was from like, 150+ years ago?

do you really act like the Republicans and especially Trump were acquitted forever and all time and the Democrats were eternal scum because of this?

(this is literally what can be read from your posts, and literally the reason you brought up the far past in the first place)

and as a matter of fact it's the republicans who have become the bigger melting pot for structural racism and racists

also it's finally time to charge this
Teemster2 wrote:I also want to point out our planet has been going through warming and cooling cycles for millions of years. Sure we may be influencing it but nothing we do can stop it. Greenland used to be warm and green. Now it's cold and snowy. That had nothing to do with us. Almost 30 thousand scientists sued al gore if I remember right over the global warming thing saying that we may actually be heading to global cooling years back and last winter was the coldest on record since the 60's. So climate change may be an issue but the left makes it out to be the end of the world because of human beings but it's a fact our planet was going through this long before us.

The ginko tree has been around since before the dinosaurs. Instead of worrying about worst case scenarios that will probably never happen in this century try focusing on planting more trees and beautifying our world. Tress may not be enough but they are pretty and the ginko is an interesting read.

perhaps the urgency of climate change is a far more interesting read? And YOU should be doing some better research?
(in response to your condescending "don't believe anything until research" attitude)

The earth ALREADY has massive fever and it is on the verge of slipping into a vicious cycle of perpetuous warming up, and the oh-so-great cycle of warming and cooling will be IRREVERSIBLY broken. 1.5°C is the maximum possible warming before everything goes downhill, and the earth is already 1°C warmer than at preindustrial age. What's gonna happen if we keep it up? UNIMAGINABLE economic damage, not just billions but indeed trillions (how ironic for predatory capitalists), UNIMAGINABLE waves of refugees (how ironic for Trump and other right movements around the world wanting to hold refugees back), UNIMAGINABLE wars for resources and the last safe places on earth, UNIMAGINABLE decimation of humanity if it isn't already doomed to die out.

It is no coincidence that 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 were the warmest years in history. Extremes in all directions (including extreme colds) are only an outcome of the already beginning climate change.

It is about to be the end of the world.

The US are at big fault for climate change, there's really not enough awareness of this due to lacking a meaningful green party, although the youth is standing up there too. But the most upsetting thing is that Trump rather listens to his bullhead rather than to scientists, and that you as a "representative US civilian" put up some duplicitious mockery rather than listening to Greta Thunberg.
I have done my research. I have yet to read anything that has shown me global warming is not a natural thing. The democrats are an evil party in my eyes. Almost every state or city the democrats run is a disaster. More people leave California than move to it and Chicago last weekend had 50 people injured and 10 or 12 dead due to mostly gang wars. Democrats have controlled Chicago since the 1920's and it's so bad a lot of people are moving out of the city.

All I am saying is the Republican party is not all that bad and Trump while not perfect has done soon good accomplishments and is keeping our economy at record low numbers for unemployment.

I will take my chances with Trump over Biden or Harris or Bernie.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Thehelmetguy1
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: Embrance the dorkness
Current Project: Storming Area 51
Chat Username: Thg1

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:09 pm

We should indeed only understand how threatening climate change is when it is too late to do anything about it. What we do in the next 10 years will PERMANENTLY affect the future of humanity. Stop thinking that this is some sort of conspiracy by the left.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature
Read the worst webcomic on the forums!
My greatest forum achievement:
Spoiler: show

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: ShadowStarX

Postby ShadowStarX » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:26 am

The Republican Party has built concentration camps in the South both under the Bush presidency and the Trump presidency and they are making use of it. (not just Guantanamo Bay)

Climate change would happen without humans indeed but not to this great extent.
Why was this year's May so rainy in Europe. Why were the last 3 summers the hottest ones in the past centuries? Why was the Midwest colder than Alaska and Greenland this January?

If you keep being this irrational, don't be surprised if people serve a milkshake for you... for free...
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Joey, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle Derp, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"I know who designed Camacho's level" - bossedit8, 2016
"Waddle Derp is a great minigame" - bossedit8, 2016
"Technically I'm not a voice memer" - bossedit8, 2016

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:26 am

Signatures are overrated.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:49 am

So what do you want to do next, deny holocaust? Because denial of climate change is an equally grave offense with the same level of forgery and the same conspirationalist and revisionist motives. You know exactly that it's true!

I googled "make denial of climate change criminal" and I found statements by UN and others affirming that it is an act against truth and life.

There is already an ongoing generation conflict for climate and social equity. Long live the young ... or YOU will also witness the destruction of the planet.

[ads]

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:37 pm

2.5 million years ago Greenland looked just like the Alaska tundra with grass and trees and then came 1 of the 4 main ice ages and now it sits under 2 feet of ice under the second largest ice sheet in the world. If the ice melts in Greenland you all will say its global warming. I'm not saying we don't influence global warming. I'm just saying it's always been there. Natural cooling and warming periods. We can try to slow it down but we can't stop it.

PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Postby PopYoshi » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:10 am

There was 2 explosions here in Guanta, Anzoategui, I had to evacuate because the explosions happened in the refinery and made the floor shake

Glad nothing happened to me but I'm still scared
I never thought that something that happened in the irrelevant town where I live could be a national new

My project:

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: ShadowStarX

Postby ShadowStarX » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:08 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:37 pm
2.5 million years ago Greenland looked just like the Alaska tundra with grass and trees and then came 1 of the 4 main ice ages and now it sits under 2 feet of ice under the second largest ice sheet in the world. If the ice melts in Greenland you all will say its global warming. I'm not saying we don't influence global warming. I'm just saying it's always been there. Natural cooling and warming periods. We can try to slow it down but we can't stop it.
Yeah well, the change that took hundreds of thousands of years has now undergone in a dozen decades. (well, the reverse of it, but still)
Climate always changes but the pace is what's the issue, since most species won't be able to adopt fast enough and the food chain might be broken due to that.
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Joey, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle Derp, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"I know who designed Camacho's level" - bossedit8, 2016
"Waddle Derp is a great minigame" - bossedit8, 2016
"Technically I'm not a voice memer" - bossedit8, 2016

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:13 am

Signatures are overrated.

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:17 am

ShadowStarX wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:08 am
Teemster2 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:37 pm
Yeah well, the change that took hundreds of thousands of years has now undergone in a dozen decades. (well, the reverse of it, but still)
Climate always changes but the pace is what's the issue, since most species won't be able to adopt fast enough and the food chain might be broken due to that.
I actually don't disagree with most of this. We clearly influence it to some degree. Life will survive though. The ginko tree has been around since before the dinosaurs. I was just pointing out climate change has always been there and always will be.

computerfan0
Rex
Rex
Flair: Whiny kid
Current Project: Super Fortnite bros.

Postby computerfan0 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:22 am

PopYoshi wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:10 am
There was 2 explosions here in Guanta, Anzoategui, I had to evacuate because the explosions happened in the refinery and made the floor shake

Glad nothing happened to me but I'm still scared
I never thought that something that happened in the irrelevant town where I live could be a national new
My irrelevant little town makes news sometimes, usually because it is filled with bad drivers. However, that does seem scary.
(GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
https://backloggery.com/computerfan0
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 21125827641 8:11 pm
quoting myself, why

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:15 am

Teemster2 wrote:I actually don't disagree with most of this. We clearly influence it to some degree. Life will survive though. The ginko tree has been around since before the dinosaurs. I was just pointing out climate change has always been there and always will be.

You're still completely ignorant and you're still full of fallacies. You are literally like "humanity and ginkos have successfully made it until this point so they'll keep surviving". This can only be said about a species that HAS survived until this point, huh? It's called induction fallacy and in this case it's kinda fatal.

A global (as in, EARTH-WIDE) warming of 1°C within just 100 years is not a natural thing. Even within the "little ice age" around 1500 the global average temperature change was just 0.1°C. Seriously, what's your attitude towards science? Are you a creationist also?

[ads]

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:22 pm

I guess it's time to disconnect electricity and go out to the forest and live like a monkey.

Return to “Sandbox”