The VG Resource is banning Scratch Users...

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Tarkan809
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Super Spike Bros

The VG Resource is banning Scratch Users...

Postby Tarkan809 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:43 am

Hey there...

as you know VG Resource is now banning Scratch Users...
and I felt angry that they banned me again. because I was using a scratch account.

I don't think VG Resource wouldn't accept scratch users anymore...
but the posts aren't deleted... strange...

so in otherwards...

I'm on Strike on the VG Resource
#UnbanScratchUsers
Well on to World 1-1!

and by the way i got a smash4 levelup card.
:D

MegaCDFan235
Bit
Bit
Current Project: SMBX: Around the World (A Typical SMBX Episode is being put on hold)

Re: The VG Resource is banning Scratch Users...

Postby MegaCDFan235 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:36 pm

Regarding this: LooneyTunerIan was banned from the VG resource amongst MFGG and maybe other places, because he frequently requested and also caused a bit of a stirr within the communities he was at (except DeviantArt of course). I highly doubt that the VG Resource would exclude people who use Scratch, that's very stupid to think that. I did my research and found that you apparently stole assets from other people, advertised your custom sprites on a forum post and PM'ed others about said sprites, and didn't really have anything in the forum link; just a Pangolin Love fanart. Not just that, you seem to advertise all of your works on the VG resource, especially the forums. And you didn't react very maturely to your forum ban, and then created a new account to evade the ban. I'm sorry if this offends you at all, because I'm not even a VG Resource user. And also regarding the "Banning Scratch Users" thing, Sonicfan32 is still there, unbanned, and so is KirbyLover2048, who are both Scratch users. I'm really hoping you won't be like LooneyTunerIan who complained about his ban and didn't act maturely over being downrepped and banned and all that stuff. Ian also created a dupe on MFGG to evade his ban name DukeyDukeyDoo, which was suspected pretty fast especially since the accounts had the same email address. I remember when I made a thing called "Mega Tileset" which aimed to be it's name. It was very simple, fitting with the name, with not that much shading but quite a bit of stuff on it. I remember that it got bucketloads of unconstructive "critiques" that was the main reason I never went back there until I fiddled around with the idea of Mario on the Commodore 64 (you can find that yourself on the MFGG forums and mainsite, I'm not going to be a hypocrite and link it here to promote it). However, I did actually feel like it was a good community after I learned how to be mature and also tried something no one really thought of before (one relevant hack, but that's it). So yes, the VG Resource don't really want you on here, but no, they won't neglect you forever if you can figure out how to be a better person on the site and talk with an admin about it like KirbyLover did on MFGG a while after he got banned on MFGG for some drama, and let's leave it at that. And no, they are not rallying against Scratch users, because Sonicfan32 and the aforementioned KirbyLover are still on the VG Resource, unbanned. Again, I'm sorry if this offends you in any way, I'm just trying to let you know that the no one is wholly good or wholly evil; the VG Resource, MFGG amongst others aren't really something to be afraid of.
SMBX Stuff: show

Image Image

CANCELLED:

MARIO 5: BETWEEN UNIVERSES NOTICE: show
Mario 5: Between Universes has been canceled, and certain sections of the levels that survived through screenshots will be reused in some levels in SMBX: Around the World and will also be getting sort of a remake in either one of the episodes I'm working on. I'm really sorry for any inconveniences this causes.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: The VG Resource is banning Scratch Users...

Postby Enjl » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:23 am

What possible correlation between a site for video game resources and a visual programming language targeted at children could there even be that warrants grounds for a ban of all users that use the latter? Sounds more like a false accusation to me.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Sandbox”