Musicians?

Off-topic discussion.
Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Musicians?

Postby Valtteri » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:45 pm

Do you play an instrument/sing? I would like to know how many musicians we have here. I've played the piano for over ten years, and I also love to sing but I like to consider myself more of a pianist. You can check out my work on my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/irettlawaltteri What about you? Please share!

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Re: Musicians?

Postby Mable » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:34 pm

F music heh? I only play Violin and a Harp i own the violin since my school the harp 3 years now. I also like to sing but i don't record it and stuff. I only replay some songs on Audiosurf 2 and thats it.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:38 pm

I've played piano a couple of years ago for like 1 or 2 years. I really don't remember. Got tired of it.
The only things which bind me to music nowadays are:
a) I'm occasionally composing random strings of melody in FL Studio
b) I listen to music almost nonstop

But yeah. I really wanna get back into doing stuff on musicial side, but at the same time I'm too lazy to do so.
The ABC of Creation

WindyDelcarlo
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Who knows? Back after what feels like absolutely forever!

Postby WindyDelcarlo » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:20 pm

I played Clarinet in the pit orchestra for my schools musical theater production of Beauty and the Beast earlier this year. I'm also trying to teach myself piano with much less success.
Electrokinesis is fun.
Struggling to remember what and why I did things when I was here the last time.

Megar
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Megar » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:35 am

I once enjoyed playing Piano, it convinced me to pick music for one of my GCSE
probably one of my most regretted choices
disgusting

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:36 am

I love singing, but I don't feel comfortable releasing it to the public or even to sing in front of my family. It's just awkward.
previously known as Kep

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:58 am

Euphonium, why not?

It's cool , too. I'm not going to be a singer but hey.

Keddy
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Luigi and the N.E.A.
Chat Username: elitalianoverde

Postby Keddy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:16 pm

I seem to have a natural talent when it comes to piano. I.E. when I was 12 I touched a piano just playing hitting random keys that just so happened to sound good to the few people standing behind me and ever since then I've made a few songs on the piano that are not that bad with no lessons. I at one time knew how to play the guitar, but thanks to laziness accompanied by a lack of interest I forgot how to play. I tried to learn to read sheet music and I kinda know how to read it, but i'm slow at interpreting it. The only thing I'm really good at making is stuff in FL Studio, from 2010 to now I've made 62 instrumental songs, with the recent ones lacking inspiration and talent.
If my grammar ever seems bad, that's because me vale bien y bonito! :v
nya: show

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:36 pm

I can play piano but I'm not like an expert sight-reader or anything. Hell, I haven't played in a long time. I never practiced enough.

I have to decipher what I'm reading and then practice individual songs in order to play them... Which I guess is how most musicians do it, but professionals can read song material and perform it like on the spot and that's always super impressive to me.

Like THIS guy:

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:53 pm

I took guitar lessons for a short while, but then dropped out because they wouldn't go past teaching me how to use the other two strings on the guitar. They focused on chords for the rest of the classes, but they never went on to teaching us how to use chords with the other two strings on the guitar, which is a bummer because most songs I wanted to learn required chords I was never taught to use.

I own an old tonebank keyboard, and I'm interested in learning how to play the piano, but it's a pain for me because I'm so left-hand dominant it's all I really use, and I can't multitask that well.

Surprisingly, there are very, very few songs that I can sing moderately well, which is surprising since I don't even have a singing voice.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

WindyDelcarlo
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Who knows? Back after what feels like absolutely forever!

Postby WindyDelcarlo » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:33 am

I'm not very good at singing either, but I can decently sing some songs when I actually know them. It helps that I sat learning Beauty and the Beast songs from musical theater, though, so I got used to singing the songs between home and school to get used to figuring out how they went along with the music.
Electrokinesis is fun.
Struggling to remember what and why I did things when I was here the last time.

Return to “Sandbox”