Forum fun facts

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4411
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby Cedur » Sat May 25, 2019 5:59 am

MegaDood wrote:They should make it simply called Leet, and make it that you gain that rank after 1337 posts instead of one.

so you say the ranks should be frozen upon reaching 1337 posts? In other words, 42 people would be having a leet rank?
The Quill rank is a memey one-moment within the normal rank system, nothing more.
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Sat May 25, 2019 11:51 am

MegaDood wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:07 am
ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:08 am
Cedur wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:04 am
You can literally research for yourself, e.g. try urbandictionary
"A 1337 (leet) hacker or programmer"

"The 1337 hacker was rerouting phone calls"

Maybe its because you reached 1337 posts and YOU'RE leet? (Or similar to legit, imo)
They should make it simply called Leet, and make it that you gain that rank after 1337 posts instead of one.
But its special, so it wont stick around like a normal rank
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
Working on: show
Image

A game with a classic selection of world styles, each having 5 levels to play!
Demo is out now! viewtopic.php?f=90&t=22538&p=336507#p336507

I support: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
MegaDood
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1257
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby MegaDood » Sat May 25, 2019 11:19 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:59 am
MegaDood wrote:They should make it simply called Leet, and make it that you gain that rank after 1337 posts instead of one.

so you say the ranks should be frozen upon reaching 1337 posts? In other words, 42 people would be having a leet rank?
The Quill rank is a memey one-moment within the normal rank system, nothing more.
No I never ever said the rank should be frozen... I don't know where you got that idea.
All I said was that since Leet is associated with the number 1337, I thought it would make sense to associate that memey rank with that specific number.

Added in 1 minute 13 seconds:
ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:51 am
MegaDood wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:07 am
ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:08 am


"A 1337 (leet) hacker or programmer"

"The 1337 hacker was rerouting phone calls"

Maybe its because you reached 1337 posts and YOU'RE leet? (Or similar to legit, imo)
They should make it simply called Leet, and make it that you gain that rank after 1337 posts instead of one.
But its special, so it wont stick around like a normal rank
Yeah that's true. But still, I thought it would make more sense to call it Leet, in my humble opinion.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2357
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: You know what they say, all toasters toast toast!
Current Project: something idk
Chat Username: *practical

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby Rhosty » Sun May 26, 2019 1:57 am

MegaDood wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:21 pm
Cedur wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:59 am
MegaDood wrote:They should make it simply called Leet, and make it that you gain that rank after 1337 posts instead of one.

so you say the ranks should be frozen upon reaching 1337 posts? In other words, 42 people would be having a leet rank?
The Quill rank is a memey one-moment within the normal rank system, nothing more.
No I never ever said the rank should be frozen... I don't know where you got that idea.
All I said was that since Leet is associated with the number 1337, I thought it would make sense to associate that memey rank with that specific number.
So, basically call the rank "Leet" instead of "Quill"?

User avatar
MegaDood
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1257
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby MegaDood » Sun May 26, 2019 3:07 am

Rhosty wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 1:57 am
MegaDood wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:21 pm
Cedur wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:59 am



so you say the ranks should be frozen upon reaching 1337 posts? In other words, 42 people would be having a leet rank?
The Quill rank is a memey one-moment within the normal rank system, nothing more.
No I never ever said the rank should be frozen... I don't know where you got that idea.
All I said was that since Leet is associated with the number 1337, I thought it would make sense to associate that memey rank with that specific number.
So, basically call the rank "Leet" instead of "Quill"?
It's to do with Quill? Gee I don't really understand in that case... It's probably best to forget my replies about this topic then.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Fri May 31, 2019 12:11 pm

MegaDood wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 3:07 am
Rhosty wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 1:57 am
MegaDood wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:21 pm


No I never ever said the rank should be frozen... I don't know where you got that idea.
All I said was that since Leet is associated with the number 1337, I thought it would make sense to associate that memey rank with that specific number.
So, basically call the rank "Leet" instead of "Quill"?
It's to do with Quill? Gee I don't really understand in that case... It's probably best to forget my replies about this topic then.
On april fools they should give everybody 1337/leet/quill ranks and freeze it at that rank and number no matter what you do lol
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
Working on: show
Image

A game with a classic selection of world styles, each having 5 levels to play!
Demo is out now! viewtopic.php?f=90&t=22538&p=336507#p336507

I support: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4411
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby Cedur » Fri May 31, 2019 12:54 pm

ThePieSkyHigh wrote:On april fools they should give everybody 1337/leet/quill ranks and freeze it at that rank and number no matter what you do lol

this kinda already happened in 2018

everybody had an Ignoritus rank
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1622
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: I'm not a spoiler :v
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby Scroll » Fri May 31, 2019 4:12 pm

Cedur wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:54 pm
ThePieSkyHigh wrote:On april fools they should give everybody 1337/leet/quill ranks and freeze it at that rank and number no matter what you do lol

this kinda already happened in 2018

everybody had an Ignoritus rank
Why does all of the attractive stuff in this community happen while I'm not on

*looks at joining date*
Electriking wrote:Signatures are overrated.

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Fri May 31, 2019 5:31 pm

Scroll wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 4:12 pm
Cedur wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:54 pm
ThePieSkyHigh wrote:On april fools they should give everybody 1337/leet/quill ranks and freeze it at that rank and number no matter what you do lol

this kinda already happened in 2018

everybody had an Ignoritus rank
Why does all of the attractive stuff in this community happen while I'm not on

*looks at joining date*
19 days after it happened lol
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
Working on: show
Image

A game with a classic selection of world styles, each having 5 levels to play!
Demo is out now! viewtopic.php?f=90&t=22538&p=336507#p336507

I support: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
MegaDood
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1257
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby MegaDood » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:15 am

Cedur wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:54 pm
ThePieSkyHigh wrote:On april fools they should give everybody 1337/leet/quill ranks and freeze it at that rank and number no matter what you do lol

this kinda already happened in 2018

everybody had an Ignoritus rank
Huh, I don't remember that event. Did they just change the rank names or the images that go with them as well?
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4411
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby Cedur » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:26 am

MegaDood wrote:Huh, I don't remember that event. Did they just change the rank names or the images that go with them as well?

the image was a "dancing" Ignoritus sprite from the Tower of Biased series
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
AMinorFlood
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:25 pm
Flair: HI IM A MUFFIN!!

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby AMinorFlood » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:30 pm

My Profile Picture was originaly a King Slime(Terraria) picture that I made, but for whatever reason it came out as a png icon, so I changed it to Astro Man, and I also made about 5 posts on 1 day, and I have also had soooooo many SSB mains, i'll just have it like this

AMinorFlood's SSB list of mains.

Luigi
|
v
Ness & Kirby
|
v
Kirby
|
v
Lucas
|
v
Mario
|
v
Inkling
|
v
Pirrahna Plant
|
v
Cloud
|
v
Cloud & Megaman
|
v
Joker & Megaman

thats all.

User avatar
AeroMatter
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4455
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Chat Username: aero

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby AeroMatter » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:14 pm

Fact: Stardust Fields was a superior forum.
As long as one man goes hungry nobody should eat until everyone is full.

User avatar
AMinorFlood
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:25 pm
Flair: HI IM A MUFFIN!!

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby AMinorFlood » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:32 am

The LunaLua section of the forum is probably the smallest.

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4411
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby Cedur » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:47 am

AMinorFlood wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:32 am
The LunaLua section of the forum is probably the smallest.

Which is no miracle because it's the youngest, it's been restarted with MaGLX3's release. The old one is in the archives (and was also a subforum of General).
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
MegaDood
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1257
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby MegaDood » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:31 am

Cedur wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:47 am
AMinorFlood wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:32 am
The LunaLua section of the forum is probably the smallest.

Which is no miracle because it's the youngest, it's been restarted with MaGLX3's release. The old one is in the archives (and was also a subforum of General).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that since LunaLua can be difficult to use if you've never done coding before may also be a factor as to why there is not as much on the current section.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
CD20Superness
Bit
Bit
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 am
Chat Username: CD20Superness

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby CD20Superness » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:46 pm

Excuse me, what date did the forum first released?
Get out of my signature, you eeediot!

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4411
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby Cedur » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:38 am

CD20Superness wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:46 pm
Excuse me, what date did the forum first released?

December 20th 2013
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4789
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:40 am

Cedur wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:38 am

December 20th 2013
Fun fact, same date as my 20th birthday. But this forums actually started on December 1st, 2013

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4411
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Forum fun facts

Postby Cedur » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:02 am

The start was on December 1st, the public release was on December 20th.

Also you won't see any posts from 2013 because they all got deleted.
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!


Return to “Sandbox”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests