Current Project: Super Toad Bros. X
Chat Username: Gamer of Studios

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby Chanceux2 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:25 pm

zioy wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:31 pm
zioy wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:06 pm
Definitely not as big of a deal as the media’s making it out to be, but if it keeps getting handled badly like it is at the moment then it could definitely end up becoming that bad.
said this earlier in the month...

annddddd it was definitely handled terribly. Situation got worse and it’s gonna be a few months before things start to calm down. Economic effects are gonna last even longer, probably.
I'm scared (not really) and freaking out.

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/hnumbers

Postby h2643 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:39 pm

Over 300 people were infected by it here in Ukraine. Those who are weak (some old people) died, but many are healed... I don't get why the world has to collapse because of this instead of, Idk, cancer? It's so much more dangerous compared to covid it's ridiculous.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:52 pm

h2643 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:39 pm
I don't get why the world has to collapse because of this instead of, Idk, cancer? It's so much more dangerous compared to covid it's ridiculous.
I never realised that cancer was some super contagious disease that has never been seen by humanity before
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Project planned; waiting for SMBX2 Beta 4

Postby Murphmario » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:15 pm

At the very least, the recovery-death ratio for the United States appears to be higher than the death rate at the moment, so there's one glimmer of hope.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

mechamind
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: You can set your mind to it!

Postby mechamind » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:40 pm

Remember that health care systems (public or private) can only handle so many people at once. If the "curve" can't be "flattened" and more people become seriously ill, then people might end up getting sorted by priority to determine whether they get in. Left untreated, COVID-19 might not necessarily go away on its own.
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/hnumbers

Postby h2643 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:28 pm

Electriking wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:52 pm
h2643 wrote:
I don't get why the world has to collapse because of this instead of, Idk, cancer? It's so much more dangerous compared to covid it's ridiculous.

I never realised that cancer was some super contagious disease that has never been seen by humanity before
Sorry, I'm not catching up to what you're telling me. Mind rephrasing that? (not a native speaker you know)

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: life
Chat Username: zioy

Postby zioy » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:06 am

Cancer doesn’t spread person-to-person. If 10% of the world had cancer (depending on the type, but generally speaking), a TON of people would die, but outside of lots of death and pain life would go on because being around someone who has cancer won’t give you cancer.

COVID-19 spreads, basically invisibly. While it’s less life-altering than cancer for most individuals, it spreads like wildfire, so much so that even though most who have it are asymptomatic we still see it spreading and becoming a larger problem that’s filling up the healthcare systems that don’t have the capacity to handle it. If 10% of the population had COVID-19, and life continued as normal, basically everybody would end up with it (providing that 10% was evenly spread). The disease itself isn’t anywhere close to the worst thing we’ve seen, but because of how contagious it is and how many people carry it without realizing, it has become a pretty huge issue.

(as for the US, doesn’t help that Trump administration is currently outbidding hospitals for medical equipment and hoarding it away from people who don’t support them... so stupid and childish)

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:37 am

I'm not that worried about getting the Corona virus where I'm at*, since there's a overall 2000+ cases of the virus, and only 27 deaths so far. (Source from The Weather Channel app I have on my phone)

So I'm kind of safe for now.

*I live in Texas, in case some of y'all were wondering
(Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG goals (62% of the goals completed)
My Pixiv
I'm autistic & have ADHD.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:49 pm

h2643 wrote:
Over 300 people were infected by it here in Ukraine. Those who are weak (some old people) died, but many are healed... I don't get why the world has to collapse because of this instead of, Idk, cancer? It's so much more dangerous compared to covid it's ridiculous.

You're looking at it the wrong way. Covid-19 has proven to be dangerous, we have underestimated its power in spreading, and we also underestimate its danger. It's been found out that yes, there are aggressive forms that threaten young and healthy people too. It makes no sense to say "it's only 1 out of 1000 people as of now", we already learned it the hard way when it was "only 1 out of 100,000". This has potential to become another historic pandemic with death numbers that could reach until millions in the end, if it'll be really true that a mass percentage of the population becomes infected.

Also I don't believe China's claims of having overcome the virus.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Teemster2
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Teemster2 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:41 am

Electriking wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:52 pm
h2643 wrote:
It is if you smoke when you are elderly.

Added in 11 minutes 24 seconds:
zioy wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:31 pm
zioy wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:06 pm
Definitely not as big of a deal as the media’s making it out to be, but if it keeps getting handled badly like it is at the moment then it could definitely end up becoming that bad.
said this earlier in the month...

annddddd it was definitely handled terribly. Situation got worse and it’s gonna be a few months before things start to calm down. Economic effects are gonna last even longer, probably.
The media is part of the problem. CBS news using footage from a Italian hospital and trying to say it was a NYC hospital is funny.

Spread the word. A drug is curing all who take it from the Coronavirus. We may have a vaccine!!!!!

The drug is called Hydroxychloroquine. Check it out.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:32 am

Teemster2 wrote:The media is part of the problem. CBS news using footage from a Italian hospital and trying to say it was a NYC hospital is funny.

Spread the word. A drug is curing all who take it from the Coronavirus. We may have a vaccine!!!!!

what was the thing of some person trying out a supposed vaccine and then dying from it?
(I just researched it, read my post in the other thread)

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

Teemster2
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Teemster2 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:33 pm

Cedur wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:32 am
Teemster2 wrote:The media is part of the problem. CBS news using footage from a Italian hospital and trying to say it was a NYC hospital is funny.

what was the thing of some person trying out a supposed vaccine and then dying from it?
(I just researched it, read my post in the other thread)
Well everything has to be mass tested before deemed safe to use. I'm sure several drugs or vaccines will be tried and some of them won't be safe in the end to use.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:14 pm

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:14 pm

So there's starting to be tangible evidence that China has lied all the way about "no more infected and dead" and the virus is still going strong in China. They lied all the way for the sake of economy and propaganda.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:52 pm

Cedur wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:14 pm
So there's starting to be tangible evidence that China has lied all the way about "no more infected and dead" and the virus is still going strong in China. They lied all the way for the sake of economy and propaganda.
I guess authoritarianism isn't better at dealing with an outbreak after all. The most depressing thing about it is the creeping support for Chinese style authoritarianism continues, and there is a tangible decline in democracies with all of the profiteering, rent seeking, and governments bending over backwards to do the least they can during a pandemic.

Chanceux2
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(

Postby Chanceux2 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:23 pm

Cedur wrote:
China is just making most people sick

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Current Project: The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle
Chat Username: ShadowStarX

Postby ShadowStarX » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:40 am

Cedur wrote:
I'm not even surprised...
And it's quite sad that most European governments, albeit far from the degree China did it, are utilizing authoritarian methods...
I support staying at home but using thousand-dollar fines against people who just want to buy something is a really bad move.
A handful countries also don't give temporary basic income to workers laid off, such as Hungary or the USA. (but they are more than willing to give money to megacorps... of course, they always are)
Corporations are an even bigger problem, especially in the United States!
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:07 am

We need limitations and bans on going out but there's still so many non-understanding people infringing. They need fines and whatnot. And yeah you're also going to catch better people who are not acting in so much bad faith, that's the natural shortcoming of human race I guess?

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:11 pm

"YoUnG pEoPlE cAnNoT dIe FrOm CoRoNaViRuS"

Also, if people followed the lockdown rules, they would get less draconian and go away sooner. So if you don't like them, that would actually be a good reason to follow them.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Chanceux2
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(

Postby Chanceux2 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:16 pm

Thats not true. Yes fine I can say we have better immune system (is that right?) and when we get it, that it can go away but facts like those aren't true. Kids "CAN!" die from COVID-19. Its just a low chance. (I'm not talking to Electriking I mean the site)

Return to “Sandbox”