Off-topic discussion.
Cedur
Toad
Toad

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby Cedur » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:49 pm

Chanceux2 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:16 pm
Thats not true. Yes fine I can say we have better immune system (is that right?) and when we get it, that it can go away but facts like those aren't true. Kids "CAN!" die from COVID-19. Its just a low chance. (I'm not talking to Electriking I mean the site)

have you even clicked that link? The url is not called like that. Electriking made this up for satirical purposes. The link leads to The Guardian and reports the case of the 13-year-old dead in London.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:28 pm

On the matter, around half of the serious cases here are of people below 60 years.

Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(

Postby Chanceux2 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:17 pm

Cedur wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:49 pm
Chanceux2 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:16 pm
Thats not true. Yes fine I can say we have better immune system (is that right?) and when we get it, that it can go away but facts like those aren't true. Kids "CAN!" die from COVID-19. Its just a low chance. (I'm not talking to Electriking I mean the site)

have you even clicked that link? The url is not called like that. Electriking made this up for satirical purposes. The link leads to The Guardian and reports the case of the 13-year-old dead in London.
Nope. I didn't click on it. I feel Awkward today

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zioy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:12 pm

The percentage of people who have it and show no symptoms is kinda scary. Luckily, more and more places are taking distancing seriously which is helping to slow the spread. I’m pretty happy if things return to normal by June or July at this point, it could be a lot longer obviously but it could also be shorter if people stop being stupid.

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:21 am

My state of Iowa still has not shut down. I'm not looking forward to being in a unemployment line for benefits that may take awhile to come so I'm ok with still working but my wife is diabetic so I have to be carefull.

My employer makes wind blades and does not want to shut down unless they have too and we have 1,000+ employees but thankfully everyone is fine so far.

Watch out for gas pump handles. Always sanitize them.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy

Postby Aero » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:31 am

We are about to hit 1 million confirmed global cases. The US passed 5,000 deaths and has so far been projected to have 100,000 - 200,000 deaths. This is going to be a very bleak month. I would recommend not following the news hour by hour, continuing good hygiene, and finding productive things to do during quarantine. Also, there's a lot of junk disinfo going around at all levels so always check the source before sharing information.

mechamind
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: You can set your mind to it!

Postby mechamind » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:28 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:21 am
My employer makes wind blades and does not want to shut down unless they have too and we have 1,000+ employees but thankfully everyone is fine so far.
I wouldn't jump to saying everything is fine just yet. At my business, I'm one of many staff who started working from home after March 16th, the start of a gradual transition. A building contractor then tested positive on March 20th.

If everything is still good after 3 weeks of isolation, then it might be okay to say it.
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:16 am

Mass of infected/dead and mass of unemployed. The US is really bearing the full brunt now.

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:48 am

mechamind wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:28 am
Teemster2 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:21 am
I wouldn't jump to saying everything is fine just yet. At my business, I'm one of many staff who started working from home after March 16th, the start of a gradual transition. A building contractor then tested positive on March 20th.

If everything is still good after 3 weeks of isolation, then it might be okay to say it.
My job is taking people's temps and sanitizing everything so hopefully nobody gets it.

Interesting that you responded. I was just watching youtube videos of you playing "Return to Dinosaur island".
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:48 am

Here's some doubling rate data from yesterday evening (all countries with 10,000+ infected, except China)

USA: 245,000; 5 days
Italy: 115,000; 16 days
Spain: 112,000; 8 days
Germany: 85,000; 9 days
France: 60,000; 7.7 days
Iran: 50,000; 10 days
UK: 34,000; 5.1 days (oof)
Switzerland: 18,800; 12 days
Turkey: 18,100; 4 days (bigger oof)
Belgien: 15,300; 6.7 days
Netherlands: 14,800; 8.5 days
Canada: 11,300; 5 days
Austria: 11,100; 12 days
South Corea: 10,000; 70 days

Surprised Sweden is not on the list yet, despite taking little to no measures as well; they're supposedly at 5,500 with 7 days of doubling, but I think this is gonna change soon

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:35 pm

Cedur wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:48 am
South Corea: 10,000; 70 days
Dude, you misspelled "Korea"! :roll:
But in all seriousness, I'm getting a bit worried that I'm next in line to catch the corona virus! Since I go outside to work my two jobs
(Coming soon in 82 days from today: Sega Mega Drive GFX pack)
Mario RPG goals (62% of the goals completed)
My Pixiv
I'm autistic & have ADHD

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Murphmario » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:20 pm

My Mom actually went to New York before things really blew up there. A test she took said that she was negative in terms of the Coronavirus, but I wonder if that was just a false positive...
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(

Postby Chanceux2 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:59 pm

Murphmario wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:20 pm
My Mom actually went to New York before things really blew up there. A test she took said that she was negative in terms of the Coronavirus, but I wonder if that was just a false positive...
It maybe wasn't(?)

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:52 am

A negative test is never a false positive, it can only be a false negative.

False positive: Test is wrongfully positive. (common example: antivirus wrongfully flags SMBX bc it thinks it's a virus)
False negative: Test is wrongfully negative. (e.g. if you do an ELISA test for HIV, this barely ever happens due to the low prevalence of HIV)

Stupid thing in terms of Covid-19 is that a first test can show up negative during incubation phase. If Murphmario's mum took the test very early, she should take a second one in case she gets any suspicious symptoms.

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:49 pm

Well this is not good and it's not surprising the Democrats and others are doing this.

So for awhile now Doctors and others on social media has been saying non related deaths are being lumped into the Coronavirus.

Recently a infant died in CT and the govenor blamed it on the Coronavirus.

Today African American conservative Candace Owens posted that the infant was actually accidently suffocated by its caretaker and is considering getting a lawyer to go after the govenor. She accused Gov Ned Lament of doing this for federal money. News media is now starting to pick up on the story.

It's sad and disgusting that people are using the deaths of others to prop up the death toll for the Coronavirus in America.

This why you should follow people on both sides of the aisle. The Democrats and main news media will probably ignore this story even though it's true.

Again the infant Was suffocated. Had nothing to do with the virus. Ned Lament should resign.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:16 pm

So that's going to be the narrative for when hundreds of thousands of people die. Whatever.

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:51 pm

Aero wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:16 pm
So that's going to be the narrative for when hundreds of thousands of people die. Whatever.
wdym hundreds of thousands? In Brazil, denial is already the official policy of our president!

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:31 pm

Aero wrote:
It is now coming out that anyone who dies is being tested for the virus. The infant was suffocated but tested positive post mortem and so the govenor said he was a corona victim but a new video just released today shows the govenor now saying he does not know how the infant died.

Also Candace posted a story about officials in GA who said a 11 year old boy died from the virus are now saying that was not the case. She posted a similar story for a girl from California.

These are NOT made up stories. She is posting evidence to prove this is happening. The Governor of CT even admitted today he LIED!!!!!

So many people are now coming foward with stories about people who died from non virus related stuff that are being called victims of The virus.

Post mortem testing has failed since people are abusing it for their own agenda.

To lie and say a infant died from the Coronavirus is wrong.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:33 pm

Thehelmetguy1 wrote:
Aero wrote:
wdym hundreds of thousands? In Brazil, denial is already the official policy of our president!

https://aatishb.com/covidtrends/

Taiwan is doing just fine, and by denying it the US is looking at even more deaths now and a serious economic decline. Bolsonaro's lies are on another level, and Brazil does look like America's future at this point. This virus is likely to impact someone everyone here knows. Taiwan was able to learn from SARS, and prevent the spread right away while Europe and America is trying to catch up very very late. This is a visible decline, and China will take advantage of it. There's a lot of stupid people, and a lot of people are going to die. It didn't have to be like this. There are positives in this, but to try and balance it out with the decline wouldn't be productive. At this point, you have to just line up for the fire exit on your own. This isn't a time when everyone is going to hold hands and cross the street together. It sucks but that's the reality of it.

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:39 pm

Thehelmetguy1 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:51 pm
Aero wrote:
Nobody can predict how many people will die from the virus. Even in Italy it is being said that not all victims actually died from the virus. People are trying to falsify numbers to fit their agendas.

Also I want to point out from January 25 to February 9 there was a big Luna New Year festival in New York City. Several big named democrats such ascNancy Pelosi were there and people were out supporting Wuhan China. Thousunds of people crowded into the streets for a big parade on the 9th.

Now the Democrats act like Trump should have done more including shut down the country when the virus first came out yet they were all for social gatherings when it fit their agenda to support China.

Nobody could have prevented thus virus from coming to America. It was going to happen regardless but to say Trump was not taking it seriously is a double standard for the Democrats.

Added in 1 minute 34 seconds:
Aero wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:33 pm
Thehelmetguy1 wrote:
Aero wrote:

https://aatishb.com/covidtrends/

Taiwan is doing just fine, and by denying it the US is looking at even more deaths now and a serious economic decline. Bolsonaro's lies are on another level, and Brazil does look like America's future at this point. This virus is likely to impact someone everyone here knows. Taiwan was able to learn from SARS, and prevent the spread right away while Europe and America is trying to catch up very very late. This is a visible decline, and China will take advantage of it. There's a lot of stupid people, and a lot of people are going to die. It didn't have to be like this. There are positives in this, but to try and balance it out with the decline wouldn't be productive. At this point, you have to just line up for the fire exit on your own. This isn't a time when everyone is going to hold hands and cross the street together. It sucks but that's the reality of it.

I am not denying it. I'm just saying people are falsifying the number of people actually dying from the virus per my 2 posts on the previous page.

Return to “Sandbox”