Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby Unidentified » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:42 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:41 pm
Thehelmetguy1 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:51 pm
Aero wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:16 pm
So that's going to be the narrative for when hundreds of thousands of people die. Whatever.
wdym hundreds of thousands? In Brazil, denial is already the official policy of our president!
Nobody can predict how many people will die from the virus. Even in Italy it is being said that not all victims actually died from the virus. People are trying to falsify numbers to fit their agendas.

Also I want to point out from January 25 to February 9 there was a big Luna New Year festival in New York City. Several big named democrats such ascNancy Pelosi were there and people were out supporting Wuhan China. Thousunds of people crowded into the streets for a big parade on the 9th.

Now the Democrats act like Trump should have done more including shut down the country when the virus first came out yet they were all for social gatherings when it fit their agenda to support China.

Nobody could have prevented thus virus from coming to America. It was going to happen regardless but to say Trump was not taking it seriously is a double standard for the Democrats.
I don't know what is going on in the USA. But here, we don't have enough resources to test everyone, and it is very clear that the numbers aren't true, because they are actually HIGHER than the official statistics. This is something even the health minister admitted. Still, some people insist on thinking the statistics are fake and lower in reality because Bolsonaro said so(Seriously, it's a cult of personality at this point). Whether the statistics in your country are real or not, this is still a pretty serious disease.

And I don't know what your country is doing(Except for modern piracy of course), but in my country, Bolsonaro is severely downplaying the seriousness of this disease. He has made attempt after attempt to try and make the quarantine stop(Although the state governors are enforcing it). This is getting so ridiculous that his own Health Minister is straight up ignoring his orders.

cato
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Creative, opinionated, but poor expression

Postby cato » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:54 am

This COVID-19 has exposed the WHO to be incompetent in handling the virus. Those are not limited to:
Siding with the CCP throughout the process.
Praising CCP's transparency in handling the virus, when it was not.
Posting fake information and delaying information showcasing.
Not spending the funds properly to prevent the pandemic, which is the no.1 role of WHO.
Ignoring Taiwan's membership despite Taiwan's effort in preventing the virus.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy

Postby Aero » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:54 am

cato wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:54 am
This COVID-19 has exposed the WHO to be incompetent in handling the virus. Those are not limited to:
Siding with the CCP throughout the process.
Praising CCP's transparency in handling the virus, when it was not.
Posting fake information and delaying information showcasing.
Not spending the funds properly to prevent the pandemic, which is the no.1 role of WHO.
Ignoring Taiwan's membership despite Taiwan's effort in preventing the virus.
Exactly. Dr. Bruce Aylward was interviewed by a Hong Kong news station and was asked about Taiwan's role in fighting the virus and pretended he didn't hear the interviewer and hung up. Going along with the CCP has made the pandemic much worse. It's really pathetic.

A lot of US money goes to the WHO but the WHO spends more on travel than on AIDS and is now pulling this. The CCP, reliance on China (such as through the Belt and Road Initiative), and the WHO need to be examined critically and opposed when this happens.
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... ia-n762896

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:28 am

What's worse in Germany now is that it's been a good weather weekend and people have been more careless again, resulting in the doubling rate dropping FROM 12 DAYS TO 8
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:07 pm

We have a new cure so the pandemic may be ending soon. I'm not in a fan of the New York Post but they had an article that said doctors around the world are having great success with Hydroxycloroquine. I think I spelled it right. Everyone who takes the drug is being cured. I hope this goes viral and saves lives.

Added in 4 minutes 25 seconds:
Thehelmetguy1 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:42 pm
Teemster2 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:41 pm
Thehelmetguy1 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:51 pm

wdym hundreds of thousands? In Brazil, denial is already the official policy of our president!
Nobody can predict how many people will die from the virus. Even in Italy it is being said that not all victims actually died from the virus. People are trying to falsify numbers to fit their agendas.

Also I want to point out from January 25 to February 9 there was a big Luna New Year festival in New York City. Several big named democrats such ascNancy Pelosi were there and people were out supporting Wuhan China. Thousunds of people crowded into the streets for a big parade on the 9th.

Now the Democrats act like Trump should have done more including shut down the country when the virus first came out yet they were all for social gatherings when it fit their agenda to support China.

Nobody could have prevented thus virus from coming to America. It was going to happen regardless but to say Trump was not taking it seriously is a double standard for the Democrats.
I don't know what is going on in the USA. But here, we don't have enough resources to test everyone, and it is very clear that the numbers aren't true, because they are actually HIGHER than the official statistics. This is something even the health minister admitted. Still, some people insist on thinking the statistics are fake and lower in reality because Bolsonaro said so(Seriously, it's a cult of personality at this point). Whether the statistics in your country are real or not, this is still a pretty serious disease.

And I don't know what your country is doing(Except for modern piracy of course), but in my country, Bolsonaro is severely downplaying the seriousness of this disease. He has made attempt after attempt to try and make the quarantine stop(Although the state governors are enforcing it). This is getting so ridiculous that his own Health Minister is straight up ignoring his orders.
I don't know him but after how he responded with the rainforests on fire I'm not a fan.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:44 pm

Teemster2 wrote:We have a new cure so the pandemic may be ending soon. I'm not in a fan of the New York Post but they had an article that said doctors around the world are having great success with Hydroxycloroquine. I think I spelled it right. Everyone who takes the drug is being cured. I hope this goes viral and saves lives.

I already asked my mum about this thing a few days ago (she's a doctor if I haven't told already). She says it HAS strong side effects.

Also Germany is breaching 100K

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:11 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:44 pm
Teemster2 wrote:We have a new cure so the pandemic may be ending soon. I'm not in a fan of the New York Post but they had an article that said doctors around the world are having great success with Hydroxycloroquine. I think I spelled it right. Everyone who takes the drug is being cured. I hope this goes viral and saves lives.

I already asked my mum about this thing a few days ago (she's a doctor if I haven't told already). She says it HAS strong side effects.

Also Germany is breaching 100K
I heard it has side affects. I saw a interesting video from a man who tried it.

This guy was told by doctors he was about to die and asked to use the drug to fight the virus. The doctor warned him of the side affects and he still wanted to try it. That night he woke up multiple times feeling like he was about to die and in the morning he was completely fine.

Hopefully the strong side affects are not that bad for everyone.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:14 pm

I heard Prime Minister Boris of the UK is in intensive care do to the virus. That is crazy.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg

Postby ShadowStarX » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:20 am

Boris Johnson moved to intensive care
I hope the doctors and nurses will be fine.
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:06 pm

Heard about this from SED: https://www.opshieldsup.org/

Also instead of buying masks use this: https://masks4all.co/
Don't forget that masks have very dubious benefits for healthy people, should not substitute physical distancing, and should be clean and worn properly to get any potential benefit.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:25 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:14 pm
I heard Prime Minister Boris of the UK is in intensive care do to the virus. That is crazy.
Everybody saw it coming after he bragged about shaking everyone's hand after some public appearance. Chances are, he got infected by one of the first people and then infected everyone else. True leadership /s
Aero wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:06 pm
Thanks for sharing! I encourage everyone who's not financially struggling to help out, because people working every day to try to contain the pandemic need all the help they can get. Just pitched in a few digits myself.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby Electriking » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:09 am

SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:09 am

Merkel and Spahn are firm in stating that distancing rules should keep lasting for months and that the situation is way too fragile to lift limitations. I've got to say, that's good news, I was worried about their position to uprising requests of liftings.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:36 pm

Enjl wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:25 pm
Aero wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:06 pm
Thanks for sharing! I encourage everyone who's not financially struggling to help out, because people working every day to try to contain the pandemic need all the help they can get. Just pitched in a few digits myself.
I missed the quote notification somehow but thanks for doing this. I just heard from my mom she would have to work without any PPE in a nursing home where there is 100% infections with patients and some nursing staff. Any bit of support helps, but this situation is not good.

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:37 pm

Both the governors of Pará and Rio de Janeiro just tested positive for COVID-19.

Animebryan
Blooper
Blooper
Flair: Need help!

Postby Animebryan » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:56 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -bats.html
Whether you believe this site to be telling the truth or spewing conspiracy theories, that's up to you to decide.
Last edited by Animebryan on Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Need serious help with Lua based features :(

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:02 am

Hospital matron photographed with Boris Johnson dies from coronavirus:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/rip-sara-dee ... -nhs-nurse
https://nypost.com/2020/04/13/british-n ... ronavirus/

Boris Johnson has been taken out of intensive care and seems to be doing better.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:02 am

The growth rate is slowing down, at least in Germany. Out of the currently 132,000 infected people, 72000 have recovered. That's quite the only good news. The lock is gonna last further, or our efforts will be gone to waste

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:52 pm

Bolsonaro just fired his health minister, who was in favor of social distancing, and had been so far going against Bolsonaro's orders and enforcing quarantine. The health ministry's actions were approved by 76% of the population, while the approval of Bolsonaro's handling of the pandemic is only 33%.

mechamind
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: You can set your mind to it!

Postby mechamind » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:43 pm

Things are looking okay now in British Columbia. The number of active cases has been flat for just over 3 weeks, and the recovery rate is just above 60%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coro ... h_Columbia
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

Return to “Sandbox”