FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:14 pm

Same for us in the states. Heck, I'm planning on prepping up for round 2 of the virus in the fall/autumn
(Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG goals (62% of the goals completed)
My Pixiv
I'm autistic & have ADHD.

mechamind
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: You can set your mind to it!

Postby mechamind » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:57 pm

I feel a bit more prepared for the public after I got 5 reusable masks two weeks ago. They can be thrown in the washer/dryer so that they're clean again. They're black, which suits me better than the single-use masks with a hospital blue color.

However, the masks did take more than a month to arrive, which is why I had to look for single-use ones until then.
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

Idunn
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: Robotic
Current Project: Super Mario Forces Timeline
Chat Username: Name you never find

Postby Idunn » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:01 pm

Cedur wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:34 am
Germany is also working towards a second wave. It's like people stopped realizing that the virus is still rampant.
Annoy me so much, as soon people saw it’s doing they demanded certain lifts and suddenly a lot of people infect eachother and it rises up again.

People are so careless honestly, I’m glad when I get home safe from work and stay healthy.
Become a Novastar

Things i support!
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Teemster2
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Teemster2 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:09 pm

Mass protests and now a pride march announced means more infected people.

Seems some of the people complaining of covid 19 forgot it exists.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Current Project: TBA ;)

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:42 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:09 pm

I've seen videos of protests filled with people crowding up on each other while wearing masks. There's also some concerns that the second wave of COVID-19 could arrive earlier with the amount of protests that have been occurring.
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
Do you love Villagers? I know I do!
(Image is not by me)
Will Toad truly get an actual project, will something happen who knows?
OR

Idunn
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Idunn » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:27 am

Teemster2 wrote:

I agree on the last one a lot, it’s the same in Germany.

Basically People were yelling that our politics should remove the restrictions so that we can all meet people outside again and go into dinners etc.

Now these things have reopened and suddenly people got infected, and now they are protesting again to have the stuff they wanted to be removed back.

It was all tooo early, people forgot how dangerous this scenario is and now it’s playtime.
Oh also we also get our weekly Friday protests back from FFF People.
Of course they wear masks and stay away from eachother but there’s still the possibility through the air.

They should continue doing this via the internet so less people get into danger.
Become a Novastar

Things i support!
ImageImage

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:26 am

It also seems like people care about luxury things like abroad holidays, rather than just basic ecologic needs (at that point one could be satisfied with the previous relaxations).
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Teemster2
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Teemster2 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:27 am

Thousunds of doctors and nurses gathered together today to support Black Lives Matter with a event called WhiteCoatsForBlackLives.

These are the same people who said to social distance and stay 6 feet apart. The same people who said this virus was a pandemic.

Here they are shoulder to shoulder having a good time and taking photo shoots as if everything is fine.

These same people want you to believe covid 19 is bad but if that's the case why are these people, Thousunds of doctors and nurses having a mass gathering with NO ppe on?

Ethier they lied and covid 19 is not as bad as they claimed or they are just stupid hypocrites.

A woman was jailed for trying to cut hair to feed her kids. A pastor was arrested for trying to have Sunday service.

Yet these people mass gather and get a free pass...

Lame.

Added in 1 minute 49 seconds:
Idunn wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:27 am
Teemster2 wrote:

I agree on the last one a lot, it’s the same in Germany.

Basically People were yelling that our politics should remove the restrictions so that we can all meet people outside again and go into dinners etc.

Now these things have reopened and suddenly people got infected, and now they are protesting again to have the stuff they wanted to be removed back.

It was all tooo early, people forgot how dangerous this scenario is and now it’s playtime.
Oh also we also get our weekly Friday protests back from FFF People.
Of course they wear masks and stay away from eachother but there’s still the possibility through the air.

They should continue doing this via the internet so less people get into danger.
Not everyone protesting is wearing a mask. Some are and some are not. It's still risky with the virus.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:09 am

It's funny how you're being populistic and edgy in Sandbox while you're making gentle complimenting posts in other forums.

The demonstrations are not related to "how dangerous the virus is", it's just as dangerous as we already knew it to be.

The inducement is REALLY important and worth to demonstrate. By way of exception, I'm glad that they do this despite the virus.

(Funnily there have been large demonstrations in Germany AGAINST Corona restrictions, something which pissed me off a lot. Also your examples are agreeable as examples of "things that don't fit together" but honestly racism in the US is a grave enough problem)

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:06 am

Cedur wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:09 am
It's funny how you're being populistic and edgy in Sandbox while you're making gentle complimenting posts in other forums.

The demonstrations are not related to "how dangerous the virus is", it's just as dangerous as we already knew it to be.

The inducement is REALLY important and worth to demonstrate. By way of exception, I'm glad that they do this despite the virus.

(Funnily there have been large demonstrations in Germany AGAINST Corona restrictions, something which pissed me off a lot. Also your examples are agreeable as examples of "things that don't fit together" but honestly racism in the US is a grave enough problem)
Ok zoomer

Teemster2
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Teemster2 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:50 pm

Cedur wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:09 am

There has been large protests to reopen America too.

Republicans want the shutdown to end.
Young people want to swarm beaches in FL and CA.
Gay people want to have thier mass March parade.
Christians want to have Sunday service.
The left wants to have mass protests.
People want to go back to work.
Even doctors are having mass gatherings.
Many are flocking to Lake of the Ozarks in MO.
Here in Iowa everyone is outside again like everything ok.

Not a lot of people left that still want a shutdown.
The virus may make a comeback but like the common flu or the other Corona viruses it may never actually go away.

I wish they would get the cure done already. Then we can finally move on from covid 19 and go back to normal.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:20 am

I wished too, but trying to evade the gravity of the situation like this will only end up in more dead, and there are way too many in the US already. (even if you break down population relations, it's still three times more dead than in Germany by official numbers)

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:20 pm

This situation is almost certainly gonna drag into 2021 and maybe beyond. There are a lot of chaotic factors that will continue to put a dent into progress made. Misinformation (intentional or unintentional), selfish governments (spending budgets, passing of laws that were long-protested against), ill-equipped systems (schoolwork in terms of student internet access, doctors in terms of medical supplies), and singular people who don't care and go on to infect 200 others in a day out of ignorance or malice, just to name a few.
If COVID-19 turns into an endemic, it'll be the fault of the weakest links in national leadership.

Personally, I hope part of the habits we develop and knowledge we gain during this time will become part of the new norm. Wearing a facemask and gloves on public transport, washing hands more frequently, not touching your own face... doing this without the threat of the looming pandemic will help protect from other infections as well (especially when it comes to spreading them without being aware of having them). The rapid acceleration in remote work technology should also hopefully accelerate digitalization, making more work possible remotely more reliably, and bringing stable internet access to remote places in the world.
The ABC of Creation

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:48 am

I don't think that will be realistic as a habit outside of a pandemic. Maybe wearing masks will be more common at nursing homes, but outside of that I'm not sure because remember they help keep germs in and not out which isn't too helpful normally. There is only so much that can be done remotely too. Ideally we should be looking closely at airports as they're a major vector for diseases to spread. We could implement the early and swift contact tracing that Taiwan had for their travellers and nip the problem in the bud from the start. There's research into a range of UVC light that has the potential to be safely used to disinfect an area without harming humans too (link) which could be a game changer for public health if it can be deployed in airports, schools, and work places. On top of that public health systems should be looked at again because it's the more densely packed and poorer areas of countries, seemingly without regard to the style of health care system, that have strained resources. Something that goes beyond national health care delivery seems to be increasingly necessary to serve collections of nations like the EU and eventually reach a planetary system for sharing resources and deploying doctors.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:28 pm

Second wave is about to begin in Germany. Will we have a sense of responsibility for a SECOND time?

idruinn
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: Don't worry, be happy!
Current Project: Making a Magnum Opus of Philosophical Alchemy since 1993.

Postby idruinn » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:59 pm

I recently did research on viruses and discovered that viruses are part of our ribonucleic acid chain, and that's when I realized that pharmaceutical companies have been deceiving us because it has never been scientifically proven that one virus can infect another being alive, in fact all the life forms that contain cells are formed from their origin by viruses. Viruses are within us. They are part of the DNA or RNA chain that makes up our genetic material. Viruses are activated when the environment, is weakened or in a "hostile" state.

Viruses are activated as a natural response to a need to adapt to a hostile environment caused by contamination, in most cases chemical, light, acoustic and electromagnetic contamination.

Viruses do not exist as such, they are only the excretions of poisoned cells, chemical responses of our electrical flow, transmitters of information that activate defense mechanisms for healing that are activated in their pathogenic form when the conditions of the body are attacked. They are messengers who carry the message of: heal and adapt to the environment, or die.

If you want more information read the book "The Invisible Rainbow, A History of Electricity and Life" by Arthur Firstenberg.

There comes first-hand information of the highest informative level where he explains the relationship between the electrification of the Earth with the appearance of diseases.
If you wish to understand the Universe think of energy, frequency and vibration.

If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the Universe.

What we now want is closer contact and better understanding between individuals and communities all over the Earth, and the elimination of egoism and pride which is always prone to plunge the world into primeval barbarism and strife. Peace can only come as a natural consequence of universal enlightenment.

Nikola Tesla

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:00 am

idruinn wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:59 pm
Most of this post is falsr and irrelevant to Covid-19.

There is a type of virus known as the retrovirus (the most well-known example being HIV), which when infecting a cell, inserts a copy of its genome into the host cell's DNA, changing its own genome to include the virus. If that host cell is used in reproduction, then it opens up the possibility for that virus genome to be passed down generations, hence eventually becoming part of the genome of an entire species. These viruses are still capable of being spread between humans. For more information on retroviruses: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retrovirus

Coronaviruses, including SARS-COV-2, are not retroviruses and therefore not capable of adding their genomes to the genomes of host cell's, and therefore anything to do with illnesses caused by viral RNA/DNA being part of human DNA does NOT apply to this pandemic.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Idunn
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Idunn » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:22 am

I stopped reading as soon as i read "Viruses don’t you exist."

That’s the same phrase Corona deniers use here in Germany to rally up their followers, in an attempt to overthrow the people who actually know what they’re saying.

No offense dude, but that wasn’t good.
Become a Novastar

Things i support!
ImageImage

idruinn
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: Don't worry, be happy!
Current Project: Making a Magnum Opus of Philosophical Alchemy since 1993.

Postby idruinn » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:14 am

My opinion is supported by Arthur Firstenberg's research. I do not believe the official version offered by governments and the media, nor do I believe the version of the pharmaceutical companies whose interests are selfish and based on earning money rather than the benefit of the majority.

I consider Arthur Firstenberg's research a job rigorously done over 35 years.

I respect those who believe the official version but I do not share their vision and also I do not expect they share my vision.

When Germany is mentioned, the virologist Stefan Lanka is also being mentioned who claims the same circumstances.

Today's allopathic medicine vision is based on symptom management without questioning or even considering the underlying causes that are causing these symptoms. However holistic medicine works at a complete and comprehensive level, considering the physical body, soul and spirit. For me, holistic medicine, which is more than 5000 years old, is much more advanced than current medicine, which is not more than 250 years old.

It is my opinion and just as I respect the opinion of others, I also want my opinion to be respected. And beyond whether or not I can be wrong, you also have to consider that you can be wrong too.

Blessings bros!!! Have a nice day. 🙏🌟🤗
If you wish to understand the Universe think of energy, frequency and vibration.

If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the Universe.

What we now want is closer contact and better understanding between individuals and communities all over the Earth, and the elimination of egoism and pride which is always prone to plunge the world into primeval barbarism and strife. Peace can only come as a natural consequence of universal enlightenment.

Nikola Tesla

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:37 am

can you please not spill antiintellectual conspiracies and repetitively put "blessings bros" under every post of yours every time?

I do not respect your "version" bc it's a straight up lie

also I just heard Djokovic got the virus, lol he also deserves it

Return to “Sandbox”