a concern i have had since 2009

Off-topic discussion.
AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no
Current Project: You really think I'll finish one?
Chat Username: AirSeus

a concern i have had since 2009

Postby AirSeus » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:31 am

i feel like i am being held back by allot of people, banned before just for making a long comment on something, being ignored, my topics being ignored, feeling underated all the time, people mostly ignoring me on irc, getting bad comments like "you should stop this" just because they dont like stuff that i do, requests ALLWAYS ignored (eg: i still have two ignored from feb) etc...

why, why has this been happening from 2009 to now to me please explain why i am being held down from the others?
I dunno, something inspirational is supposed to go here so here I go:

Realize the difference between criticism and hate.
Criticism is direct feedback about the level that helps and tells you what you could do better and/or what you could expand upon.
Hate is direct insults towards you/your level that tell you nothing other than how bad you are.

AKA: Don't cry at every responce you get, just ignore hate and respond to criticism.

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: life
Chat Username: zioy

Re: a concern i have had since 2009

Postby zioy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:45 am

Graphics requests are hard, because there are very few talented spriters.

As for everything else, I don't know. The forum doesn't seem that active to me either.

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:35 pm

The only topics where you was ignored are the graphic requests. Where someone said "you should stop this" were these topics about your flawed boss rushes. In the topics of the boss rushes you made some stupid post where you said "I won't fix anything because (insert a non-valid excuse)" and you became a bad person right for this. I suggest you to be more mature.
im bored

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:02 pm

You couldn't have said it better, Christian.
previously known as Kep

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby AirSeus » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:49 am

see, this is what i mean, and christian i did not say tht i wlnt fix bugs like the one you said the2nd boss of the 3rd boss rush you said tha the barrel wont appear but it did for everyone else so that would be a bug of your pc cause it worked fine for everyone else exept from you and how can i mature up? i havent been posting on this forum for months because of stuff like this

Criticism is direct feedback about the level that helps and tells you what you could do better and/or what you could expand upon.
Hate is direct insults towards you/your level that tell you nothing other than how bad you are.

AKA: Don't cry at every responce you get, just ignore hate and respond to criticism.

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi

Postby RudeGuy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:50 am

Zupermariobros wrote:and christian i did not say tht i wlnt fix bugs like the one you said the2nd boss of the 3rd boss rush you said tha the barrel wont appear but it did for everyone else so that would be a bug of your pc cause it worked fine for everyone else exept from you
This is what I mean. You don't care for other problems and you don't even take suggestions for you episodes. Also I'd like to know why do you think it's a PC problem when SMBX is an engine.
Zupermariobros wrote:and how can i mature up? i havent been posting on this forum for months because of stuff like this
Listening to other people opinion and making some valid replies with a reason. Have a good english. Do another things which doesn't make you like a kid.
im bored

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby AirSeus » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:04 pm

I AM A FUCKING KID AND SORRY IF MY ENGLISH GRAMMER ISNT THE BEST NEITHER IS YOURS

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:19 pm

Caps won't help at all.

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi

Postby RudeGuy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:29 pm

Please don't downrep me when I tried to help you, even if I sound rude.
And if you still don't understand, people don't like you because you did some stupid things in the past, so it is only your fault.
im bored

Namyrr
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Namyrr » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:12 am

Zupermariobros wrote:I AM A FUCKING KID AND SORRY IF MY ENGLISH GRAMMER ISNT THE BEST NEITHER IS YOURS
Well that little outburst isn't going to help you that much. At least try to listen to what people have to say.

Mudkip
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ZA BARUDO

Postby Mudkip » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:05 am

Many people are underrated and overlooked. If you want to become popular among the community try to be nice, mature and contribute good stuff. If you behave like a kid sure nobody will listen to you nor they want to "follow" you. It doesn't matter if you are young, also I'm not "old". Many people like me because I do some nice stuff for the community and I try to be nice to the people here. Christian07 used to be a jerk in the past but he tries to improve (Is that even the right word?) his behavior. You should try, too. Even if you're not good at level design, graphic design or something else, just accept critism and try to improve yourself so you can become a great member. You don't need perfect grammar. As an example, bossedit8 and I don't speak English as well as Chad, but people understand what we mean and they still like us.

Sorry for any grammar mistakes :P
And with her heart of silver, Silva!

Keddy
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Luigi and the N.E.A.
Chat Username: elitalianoverde

Postby Keddy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:34 am

Zupermariobros wrote:i feel like i am being held back by allot of people, banned before just for making a long comment on something, being ignored, my topics being ignored, feeling underated all the time, people mostly ignoring me on irc, getting bad comments like "you should stop this" just because they dont like stuff that i do, requests ALLWAYS ignored (eg: i still have two ignored from feb) etc...

why, why has this been happening from 2009 to now to me please explain why i am being held down from the others?
Let's see if I can make this sound good without it sounding like I'm a douchebag. First, unless there is literally someone or some people pming you to shut up, go away, etc. I'm pretty sure you're just holding yourself back. Being banned you probably did something wrong and you had no idea of it at the time either due to your lack of knowledge of the rules or corrupt moderating (it happens sometimes). Being Ignored, every body gets "ignored" even I do, it's all depending on what other people do. Just don't let "being ignored" bother you everyone gets ignored once in a while. If your thread is getting ignored, say I made a thread in the Sandbox "Yu-Gi-Oh!" for example and it got some views but no one posted any reply. That could vary in meaning from no one's heard/played it to no one really cares about it no more. Now you can make it sound more appealing and more so that someone may want to take a look and comment. For example "Yu-Gi-Oh! Who's played it" or "The Yu-Gi-Oh! topic" etc. btw did I mention I liked Yu-Gi-Oh!? Anyways, Ignored on the IRC is different though; some don't care for you or aren't there, though there is the usual case that everyone knows you already and chooses to ignore you. If that be the case you can improve, you're aren't labeled "the worst" user around forever "FanofSMBX" and "Hawkeyeone". Improve your posting habits, your speech, your attitude, etc. these things can be improved and users will most likely pick up on these changes and will be more positive towards you. The comments from reputations are a good way to see what people think about you, if they say stuff like "stop doing this" you can ask (nicely, respectively) "why?" or "how?" or something like that. Personally, if they just put mean things or whatever towards me for no reason or because I'm "that user" I'd report that for abusing the reputation. As for requests getting ignored I blame the staff usually, even if they couldn't do it they shouldn't ignore you, they could just simply put "no" or "perhaps not". Whelp, hope that helps. BTW I did like your boss battle episodes those were pretty cool to play.
If my grammar ever seems bad, that's because me vale bien y bonito! :v
nya: show

Fatoldsweaty
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: AccountKiller

Postby Fatoldsweaty » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:02 am

Elite said it pretty well honestly.

I have had the same problems and don't worry about it, life can be a tough place at times. Sometimes I get sick of all the drama here and I get angry or pissed off and usually don't say anything or just take a brake from the forum.

Its true though that some idiots took over and tryed to eliminate the other SMBX forums and SMbX-R after trying to destroy the communities for very similar reasons that you are upset. Also they wanted control and power which I don't know if you want that or not, I suspect you just want some attention which is something we all need sometimes. I can't really say much that elite didn't already say pertaining to your case but watch out for idiot assholes, and backstabbing liars, don't give anyone too much power as they probably don't deserve it, most of the users here are kids just like you, most of them are stupid but they try to act smart and they sit around licking and kicking, they are like worms in a pot, so don't take them too seriously, don't do the opposite of that either though, try to find a balance in between.

If you let these fucking losers push you around you will find yourself quite dizzy because most of them are losers that don't know a damn thing about real life troubles and they can prove there immaturity further by continuing to tryi to fuck with me, shit like this is why redigit left the community and don't respond to these punks.

Also if you want to be liked by these ass licking pricks then don't model yourself after me, I have never been well liked in the smbx community its because I am not an ass sniffer and I cant make very good levels or gfx and I am lazy when it comes to that worthless stuff, because I have things that are more important to concern myself with.

I hope I didn't make anyone feel too damn bad, because sticks and stones.

seriously though if you are mature and you know I am not talking about you then save yourself some goddamn trouble, or don't, do you really think I give that much of a shit I am just bored and my account hasn't been banned or deleted yet.
Delete my account

Return to “Sandbox”