YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Postby PixelPest » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:14 am

On the topic of ads, I've been playing Flow Free lately and there's this awfully annoying banner add for cough drops. It lasts for about a minute and flashes pink and white like strobe lights. I'd be surprised if there's been no one who's had a seizure from that add yet. And it isn't even in English (my first language and the language that the game is in)

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:49 am

PixelPest wrote:On the topic of ads, I've been playing Flow Free lately and there's this awfully annoying banner add for cough drops. It lasts for about a minute and flashes pink and white like strobe lights. I'd be surprised if there's been no one who's had a seizure from that add yet. And it isn't even in English (my first language and the language that the game is in)
What the fuck? Should they even be allowed to do ads like that?
And on the topic of seizures, I hate those Geometry Dash levels that flash alot. I did not get a seizure but it made the level harder to play. And this is only amplified by the fact that some map packs have these levels.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:43 pm

Does anybody know how to block e-mails from e.g. Photobucket? Their frequent spam has kept annoying me over months and I once tried blocking an adress that sent the spam, but I keep getting advertising e-mails

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

KingBowser24
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: Master Procrastinator
Current Project: Tamara's Quest: Remastered Edition
Chat Username: EvilKingBowser

Postby KingBowser24 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:16 pm

Bullies. The ones who are mean to people because of things the victim probably already has insecurities about.
As someone who has been bullied, It really pisses me off when I hear about the victims who took their own lives or let themselves be torn down because some assholes just can't accept someone because of who they are. I was bullied because I was physically smaller and weaker than most kids my age. It got especially bad in PE class...

Bullies who bully people because of physical or mental disabilities, or health issues piss me off even more, because the victim can't help that.

So yeah if you want to see me get angry about something have me talk about bullies :P

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:59 pm

Supershroom wrote:Does anybody know how to block e-mails from e.g. Photobucket? Their frequent spam has kept annoying me over months and I once tried blocking an adress that sent the spam, but I keep getting advertising e-mails
Assuming you use Gmail, open Settings from the gear/settings button in the top right of the screen:
Then open the Filters & Blocked Addresses tab:
and block Photobucket's email address.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:34 am

Bossy has shown me through PM how to go to your settings on Photobucket and unable those E-mails for "regular updates".

Thank you both <3

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
[ads]

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:36 am

KingBowser24 wrote:Bullies. The ones who are mean to people because of things the victim probably already has insecurities about.
As someone who has been bullied, It really pisses me off when I hear about the victims who took their own lives or let themselves be torn down because some assholes just can't accept someone because of who they are. I was bullied because I was physically smaller and weaker than most kids my age. It got especially bad in PE class...

Bullies who bully people because of physical or mental disabilities, or health issues piss me off even more, because the victim can't help that.

So yeah if you want to see me get angry about something have me talk about bullies :P
Bullying is unacceptable no matter what the reason is.

And on the subject of ads (You probably know I talked about this a couple weeks ago) I often find them annoying. You may know that the worst one's for me are one's that cover the screen and actually block out part of it. Also on YouTube, you know there are often video ads before a video begins, and sometimes in the middle of a video. The worst ones are the ones that you cannot skip. They are not that bad when they are only like 5 seconds because 5 seconds, but if I have to wait 30 seconds for a video because of something that I don't give a fuck about, then you are just taking the piss. And I genuinely dislike video ads that occur halfway through a video, they basically take away from the video.
But speaking of ads, they are not all that bad: show
ImageI like how the ad just fits the color scheme of the site, and it's also for charity, so that makes it better.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:53 am

The problem with bullying is less that it can actually arise, but more that
a) it comes into fashion once it really starts and then uninvolved people jump on the bandwagon without any thought or consideration,
b) oftentimes authorities (like school teachers) are ignorant to the problem therefore or even amplify it; these people are morally screwed even more than the people bullying.

[ads]

KingBowser24
Swooper
Swooper

Postby KingBowser24 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:09 pm

Supershroom wrote:The problem with bullying is less that it can actually arise, but more that
a) it comes into fashion once it really starts and then uninvolved people jump on the bandwagon without any thought or consideration,
b) oftentimes authorities (like school teachers) are ignorant to the problem therefore or even amplify it; these people are morally screwed even more than the people bullying.
That was exactly how my situation played out. A group of kids started bullying me, more kids jumped in, and the teachers didn't do shit about it. I mean, it even happened right in the classroom. Plus, whenever a teacher did get onto the bullies and me, the bullies would just blame me for the whole situation, and the teacher would believe THEM because all of them pointed their fingers at me.
I lost nearly all of my friends because of some stupidass false rumors, my grades sunk from straight A's down to D's and F's, I quit the boy scouts, my relationship with my parents was the worst it ever was, all because I lacked the confidence and motivation to keep going.

What people don't seem to realize is that bullies can completely destroy someone's life. I had a great thing going before it all happened- i was involved, had good grades, I was happy, and I didn't worry about anything. After that, I was just someone who was insecure about everything he did, had practically zero confidence, and was an emotional train wreck.

Dont feel bad for me though, I'm pretty much back to my old self today. I use my story to explain why i hate bullies so much and why i say people should pay more attention to bullying. I also feel an obligation to stand up for anybody else who is getting bullied.

Sorry about the rant. Bullying really does make me angry, even today, 6 years after it all happened. I guess thats what this post was made for :lol:

Ecruteak
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: It's been...
Current Project: figuring out where pee is stored
Chat Username: phony calls

Postby Ecruteak » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:35 pm

When people believe Game Theory theories. I know a bunch of people who tell me that Mario is mental or that Link's dead in Majora's Mask or some shit like that.
Game Theory's an alright channel (save for the later videos), but the theories it comes up with are by no means true.
Spoiler: show
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.
Accounts
Spoiler: show
YouTube
Wattpad
Twitch
DeviantART
SMW Central (I'm not really active on this one)
AKA BombOS/ShyGuyOfMoonside/ShyGuyXP/ShyGuy37

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:40 pm

BombOS wrote:When people believe Game Theory theories. I know a bunch of people who tell me that Mario is mental or that Link's dead in Majora's Mask or some shit like that.
Game Theory's an alright channel (save for the later videos), but the theories it comes up with are by no means true.
Well it is just a theory.

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:07 am

King of Eterity wrote:
BombOS wrote:When people believe Game Theory theories. I know a bunch of people who tell me that Mario is mental or that Link's dead in Majora's Mask or some shit like that.
Well it is just a theory.
A GAME THEORY, thanks for watching.

I'm so sorry.

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

KingBowser24
Swooper
Swooper

Postby KingBowser24 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:40 pm

I enjoy their videos, and they do provoke some thought but, I don't actually believe them. It's called "Game Theory" not "Game Facts" :)

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:20 am

Game Theory is just a channel about making theories for games, And looking at games from not a stereotypical angle.

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:15 am

THIS.

I mean seriously, they can say anything,ANYTHING about a game and everyone would just take it as fact.

While we're on the subject of game theories, i hate when people believe theories about games when the theory has ZERO canonical game evidence,
and then if you make a statement such as: It's just a video game!, You get downvoted to a ridiculous degree.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:00 pm

MosaicMario wrote:While we're on the subject of game theories, i hate when people believe theories about games when the theory has ZERO canonical game evidence
That's because the channel still appears suggestive to those who don't know (I guess?) and you sometimes tend to believe what you're presented (availability bias)

[ads]

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:44 pm

When Spam Bots come on and make topics that have nothing to do with us in different languages in all of the forums.

Also this:

Natsu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: It's a secret to everybody ...
Chat Username: Kuma-san

Postby Natsu » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:30 pm

King of Eterity wrote:Also this:
image: show
Yeah, I can totally relate to that. Do you know how many clones of Flappy Bird and FNAF are there on the Internet nowadays? More than needed, which are none.
Discord quotes
Trace: You're a capable boi

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Intuition wrote:
King of Eterity wrote:Also this:
image: show
Yeah, I can totally relate to that. Do you know how many clones of Flappy Bird and FNAF are there on the Internet nowadays? More than needed, which are none.
And most of them are the SAME.

AlphaFenix
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby AlphaFenix » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:59 pm

WARS, CORRUPTION, JOKE LEVELS, NINTENDO DOING NINTENDO THINGS, POKEMON GO, AND MUCH MORE

My project!

Return to “Sandbox”