Page 46 of 96

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:51 am
by ZipZap
Supershroom wrote:"not fitting in" is a silly (a-)social concept developped by mentally immature adolescents who lack understanding of empathy, consideration and righteousness
Spoiler: show
Image

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:42 pm
by Sorel
Supershroom wrote:In most cases like yours, "not fitting in" is a silly (a-)social concept developped by mentally immature adolescents who lack understanding of empathy, consideration and righteousness
No.

Not fitting in describes the inability of adapting to a specific environment or group, which can stem from a lack of empathy, no alinging interests or traits, or just straight up refusal of adapting. It doesn't have anything to do with mental immaturity, nor the fact that it involves adolescents.

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:25 pm
by KILROCK
How can one write off not fitting in as teenage immaturity? That's such a display of ignorance of reality that it pisses me off.

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:09 pm
by Cedur
What Sorel said is why I wrote "most cases" and not "all cases". Besides, "refusing to adapt" is by far not the only reason for bullying and often MADE UP as a reason for bullying, and the people who actively bully are usually assholes and snobs seeking to display power (physically or psychically) and self-esteem they don't truly have.

People with "lack of interest and empathy" are oftentimes simply ignored and not systematically attacked.

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:41 pm
by Natsu
And you know this because you were a bully before? You're making some really big claims on a completely groundless basis. No, immaturity has nothing to do with the way bullies behave. Maturity is a mere term to describe a fully developed being. By stating one is mature and the other isn't you're saying mature people are perfect, which in fact aren't because the process of maturity is endless throughout life, and that others have yet to become "perfect" and understand the way "mature" beings think and feel. Both are incorrect and only meant to raise one's self-esteem by insulting another. I kindly ask you to change the way you refer to other people.

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:12 am
by Cedur
Um, I know this because I've been terribly bullied as a child? Not only because I "didn't fit in", but especially because I was the youngest and physically weakest and most vulnerable of all? At this point I could make a long essay about why bullying happens, what it does with the victim, and how people underestimate it and play it down, but I just leave it with explaining the misunderstanding and regarding my terminology, being "mentally mature" means for me to have a developped sense and imagination of being ethical, considerate, genuine, socially competent, pragmatic, all that stuff. You can't ever be perfect as a human but you still can be educated and develop yourself some guidelines, which is also obviously a process for lifetime. And people who actively bully are in clear lack of righteousness and are in pain themselves in most of the cases.

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:28 am
by Enjl
As someone who's been bullied a lot as a child I disagree with your perception of 'not fitting in', or how you describe 'lack of interest and empathy' as the solution.
Bullying comes down to assholes entertaining themselves with a person's reaction to their actions. By not giving them the reactions they seek and involving yourself with authorities that can support you you're doing a far better job at solving the problem than if you turned into someone with 'lack of interest and empathy' to dodge it.

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:32 pm
by FireyPaperMario
Here's a dreadful event that pisses me off more than anything I see in this thread:
It was after Christmas of 2011, (The Christmas where I got "Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3-D") and when me & my family got home from my grandparents, we just realize that my evil dog, Gus, went in my bedroom, and took a few shits in it! To make matters worst, That fucking bastard dog even shits on my Limited Edition Super Mario 64 Strategy Guide! That pisses me off more than anything that pisses you guys (The entire SMBX Community)! :twisted:

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:37 pm
by Enjl
you're making quite a big assumption here, buddy

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:46 pm
by Electriking
NintendoOtaku93 wrote:Here's a dreadful event that pisses me off more than anything I see in this thread:
It was after Christmas of 2011, (The Christmas where I got "Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3-D") and when me & my family got home from my grandparents, we just realize that my evil dog, Gus, went in my bedroom, and took a few shits in it! To make matters worst, That fucking bastard dog even shits on my Limited Edition Super Mario 64 Strategy Guide! That pisses me off more than anything that pisses you guys (The entire SMBX Community)! :twisted:
Well this is 2017, more than 5 years since the event, would have thought you'd have gotten over it by now.

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:14 pm
by Rhosty
Sounds like your dog has bathroom problems lol. Something that made me mad about a year ago when my dog was alive; he used to tear up tissues and eat them. I even gave one to him, and he didn't hesitate to eat it.

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:11 am
by Zeldamaster12
NintendoOtaku93 wrote:Here's a dreadful event that pisses me off more than anything I see in this thread:
It was after Christmas of 2011, (The Christmas where I got "Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3-D") and when me & my family got home from my grandparents, we just realize that my evil dog, Gus, went in my bedroom, and took a few shits in it! To make matters worst, That fucking bastard dog even shits on my Limited Edition Super Mario 64 Strategy Guide! That pisses me off more than anything that pisses you guys (The entire SMBX Community)! :twisted:
Years ago, my dog got into my dad's wallet and tore up a lot of his money. Thank goodness at the time, most, if not all of it were just ones.

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:47 am
by Electriking
My dogs used to chew a lot of our stuff when we first had them and they used to shit and piss a lot on the floor.

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:58 pm
by TLtimelord
Before she was housebroken, our family dog would shit under my bed.

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:34 pm
by Rhosty
My cat usually scratches and tears up furniture. He also hisses at anybody who comes in the house, and hates being petted. I also really feel like riding my bike today, but my ex-friend is out walking the dog, and I really hate for her to see me because we don't like each other.

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:33 pm
by RSupertheGreat
What I hate is my sister keep tolding me to wash the dishes, I know it's helping but it makes me feels annoyed. And the reason what she says is when mom is coming to home, she'll mad?This does not make any sense. Also, do my mom don't like the cat because they will poop my house?This also don't make any sense, and they want me to wash the poop?I never see anyone wash them or... probably I see one if you are asking me.

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:01 pm
by bossedit8
One of my cats attacking my chair... cat pls!

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:20 pm
by mechamind
In my current data entry job, some people who have filled out forms are only writing 9 digits for their phone number (in ###-###-### format), and it's really starting to bug me. I can forgive the use of 7 digits even though the province made 10-digit calling mandatory back in June 2008, but 9 digits is unusable.

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:47 pm
by arcade999
I truly hates to see undertale everywhere, and the kardasians doen't deserves so much success.

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF?

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:23 pm
by Cedur
arcade999 wrote:I truly hates to see undertale everywhere
some hilarious thread

for real, I barely encounter anything that refers to it, at least in this community. I'm pretty sure you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

The second thing I agree with (like all celebrities who became famous only due to chance and nothing else).