Windows 10 Free Update

Off-topic discussion.
XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Windows 10 Free Update

Postby XerX » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:33 pm

Source

If it's any better than 8/8.1, and if the internet gives a good thumbs up over 8/8.1, I'll definitely update!

Karl Marx
Ripper II
Ripper II

Re: Windows 10 Free Update

Postby Karl Marx » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:00 am

I mean with competitors like Android and Apple offering free upgrades to their Os as far as the devices will take, it was only a matter of time until Microsoft offered a similar package.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:03 am

XerX wrote:Source

If it's any better than 8/8.1, and if the internet gives a good thumbs up over 8/8.1, I'll definitely update!
Actualy, my friend told me about it: it is a trial of it! I was told that it expires on April or so, and when I does it deletes evey thing, or only backs up to the factory settings, this me paraphraseing him, but I doubt it is a good idea if this is true!

ImageImageImage

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Postby XerX » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:12 am

I highly doubt it's a trial. I don't know where your friend got that information from. Windows would lose a lot of people if that happened. And what happens when the trial expires if it were true? People would be stuck with broken computers if they didn't have a boot disk or a disk for an OS.

I'm 100% sure that it is not a trial.

Karl Marx
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Karl Marx » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:20 am

XerX wrote:I highly doubt it's a trial. I don't know where your friend got that information from. Windows would lose a lot of people if that happened. And what happens when the trial expires if it were true? People would be stuck with broken computers if they didn't have a boot disk or a disk for an OS.

https://insider.windows.com/
Is he talking about this site?

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:46 am

Karl Marx wrote:
XerX wrote:I highly doubt it's a trial. I don't know where your friend got that information from. Windows would lose a lot of people if that happened. And what happens when the trial expires if it were true? People would be stuck with broken computers if they didn't have a boot disk or a disk for an OS.

https://insider.windows.com/
Is he talking about this site?
Most Lilly, as for what happens when the "trial" is up, I think itbis an assumption, but if he is right, then I would not want to lose SMBX!

ImageImageImage

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Postby XerX » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:21 am

There is no trial. That is a development build that people can try out to see if they like it and to help squash bugs. And did you miss my last post? Microsoft wouldn't force users to delete everything they have.

FastDasher
Rex
Rex

Postby FastDasher » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:46 am

I've searched around Google and many articles and reports claim the FREE Windows 10 update will only be FREE for 12 months. I don't really know what will happen after the 12 months of owning the OS, but I think they'll have you pay for the full version after the time expires.

It could also be a public beta type of thing where they get feedback for the OS, but I highly doubt it.

As for me, I'm gonna stick with my trusty Windows 7, mostly because I'm afraid of any possible compatibility issues or what not. Maybe I'll pick it up as the OS ages.

I just hope that the interface won't be as bad as Window 8's, I mean come on, it was a half finished tablet OS blended with the traditional Windows OS. Which is why it's better for touch screens and tablets.

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Postby XerX » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:26 pm

It's free to grab for the first year it's released. If you update during this time, you own the OS. After the year, if you did not update, you have to pay. Also they made it in Windows 10 where the interface changes depending on the system you are using.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:05 pm

XerX wrote:It's free to grab for the first year it's released. If you update during this time, you own the OS. After the year, if you did not update, you have to pay. Also they made it in Windows 10 where the interface changes depending on the system you are using.
It was also built off of 8! Each version is built off the last! If one wants the 8 menu, they have it, and te start menu!

ImageImageImage

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Who needs Windows 10 when we have:
Spoiler: show
In all seriousness I have never used Windows 10! How good is it? Have any of you used it? Probably better than the suckiness that is Windows 8 :/
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:36 pm

Turtwig wrote:Who needs Windows 10 when we have:
In all seriousness I have never used Windows 10! How good is it? Have any of you used it? Probably better than the suckiness that is Windows 8 :/
My friend has 10 and it brings the start window back, so it is tech Iquitos better than 8!

ImageImageImage

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Postby XerX » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:29 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
My friend has 10 and it brings the start window back, so it is tech Iquitos better than 8!
tech Iquitos???

ALSO TO CLEAR UP ANY CONFUSION
http://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-window ... scription/

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:10 am

XerX wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
tech Iquitos???

*techniqually

I hade auto correct!

ImageImageImage

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab

Postby underFlo » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:55 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
XerX wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote: My friend has 10 and it brings the start window back, so it is tech Iquitos better than 8!
tech Iquitos???

*techniqually

I hade auto correct!
Still wrong, try again.
im a girl yo

BMatSantos
Blooper
Blooper

Postby BMatSantos » Fri May 08, 2015 8:23 pm

Major announcement.
During a conference, Microsoft announced Windows 10 will be the last version of Windows.
But that doesn't mean Windows will stop; they're planning to make monthly updates to the system, just like Google is doing with Chrome.
Super Mario MEGA Tileset

"O frio e o calor, os dois têm grau. Por eles juntos é natural!"
"The hot and the cold are both so intense. Put'em together — it just makes sense!"

I support:
Also known as BMSantos, BMSaints, BMat, or whatever.

A LINK TO THE OTHERS

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Postby XerX » Fri May 08, 2015 11:05 pm

"Windows 10 will be a service."

I'm not sure how I feel about this tbh. Are they gonna start making it a subscription service, or keep updates free? Knowing Microsoft, it could be the former.

Devixicus
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Devixicus » Mon May 11, 2015 10:47 am

Honestly, I'm not too excited about Windows 10. I think the reason Windows is so prevalent is because XP was better than Mac OS9 and everybody is on Windows because of it. All the programs have to be for Windows, then all the people come to Windows because all the programs are on Windows, then rinse and repeat. Getting Windows 10 would probably just perpetuate the cycle. It's hard enough to switch to Mac or Linux now, what happens when everybody migrates to Windows 10? More frameworks get developed, Windows 10 exclusive frameworks, and we're suddenly digging the hole even deeper without even noticing.
I'm not very active here. It's not really anybody's fault, it's just that I really don't have the dedication to come here daily like some other people. If it takes me a while to get back to you, sorry. If you want to be in more consistent contact with me, you could friend me on Steam.

paulyolo
Bit
Bit

Postby paulyolo » Thu May 21, 2015 11:40 pm

i will stick with openSUSE, Not microcrap's winfail

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Fri May 22, 2015 1:46 am

BMatSantos wrote:Major announcement.
During a conference, Microsoft announced Windows 10 will be the last version of Windows.
But that doesn't mean Windows will stop; they're planning to make monthly updates to the system, just like Google is doing with Chrome.
See in my opinion, they should have just stopped at Win7. XP was what made Windows great and 7 builds on from that while retaining practically the same user-friendly interface. Windows 8 was simply the new Win Vista, a fail if you will. With the provision that Microsoft goes back and builds upon the Win 7 structures then I see no problem with 10.
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

Return to “Sandbox”