The Mystery Dress

Off-topic discussion.
underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab

Re: The Mystery Dress

Postby underFlo » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:59 pm

ragont wrote:Where were you when house was kill?
"oh no, it's figurative speak. I actually don't have a house."
im a girl yo

TheLordKhon
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TheLordKhon » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:07 pm

idk first time i saw it it looked white and gold to me

then i reopened and it was blue and black

and now i cant see it being white and gold again

BlimpFruit
Bit
Bit

Postby BlimpFruit » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:41 pm

Okay, this has been driving me crazy. This thing is blue and brownish-gold, and I have proof!
Here is the original version of the picture/dress.
Spoiler: show
Here is an image created using the eyedropper tool in paint.net on the blue/white section of the dress (which allows you to find the exact color of a part of an image, and use it elsewhere). What color is it?
That was blue, right? Here's another image, this time using the eyedropper on the gold/black lace.
Now that was brown, right? Therefore, the dress is blue and brown, in this picture. Not talking about the versions that have been saturated to change the color.
Not a dash pepper.
Mafia Achievements:
I support:

Thetoxicminecrafter1
Rex
Rex

Postby Thetoxicminecrafter1 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:46 pm

Well, this morning I saw blue and black, then this afternoon white and gold and now blue and black again. It all has to do with color perception, lighting and such, I believe.
I Support:

Mivixion
Grinder
Grinder

Postby Mivixion » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:48 pm

BlimpFruit wrote:Okay, this has been driving me crazy. This thing is blue and brownish-gold, and I have proof!
Here is the original version of the picture/dress.
Here is an image created using the eyedropper tool in paint.net on the blue/white section of the dress (which allows you to find the exact color of a part of an image, and use it elsewhere). What color is it?
That was blue, right? Here's another image, this time using the eyedropper on the gold/black lace.
Now that was brown, right? Therefore, the dress is blue and brown, in this picture. Not talking about the versions that have been saturated to change the color.
The problem is that the lighting is off.

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:28 pm

@BlimpFruit the dress was confirmed to be black and blue. Bad lighting OP pls nerf
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy

Postby Aero » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:45 pm

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:55 pm

TheLordKhon wrote:idk first time i saw it it looked white and gold to me

As I said the happened to me too, and I can't unsee blue and black any more even when I see a saturated version
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:02 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:
TheLordKhon wrote:idk first time i saw it it looked white and gold to me

As I said the happened to me too, and I can't unsee blue and black any more even when I see a saturated version
I can't unsee white and gold unless the picture is REALLY exaggerated
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:42 pm

Turtwig wrote:Well this has been annoying me since I found out about it today:
^ What colors are this dress? White and gold? Or blue and black? No one can agree.

According to this article http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dr ... ld-5243210 we're all right because our eyes are overreacting or something. I personally think the dress is white and gold, but the lighting is bad so it looks blue and black. What do you think?
Oh. My. God! Not this again! I had my fill of this in school. I am truly sick of this dress. It does nothing but cause debate, and people are so obsessed with finding out its true colors. I may not know the true colors of the dress, but I know the true colors of the debates creator. :evil:

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:01 pm

@SnifitGuy: I feel you, this has gotten a bit annoying. The dress was confirmed blue and black.

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:47 pm

SnifitGuy wrote:
Turtwig wrote:Well this has been annoying me since I found out about it today:
^ What colors are this dress? White and gold? Or blue and black? No one can agree.

According to this article http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dr ... ld-5243210 we're all right because our eyes are overreacting or something. I personally think the dress is white and gold, but the lighting is bad so it looks blue and black. What do you think?
Oh. My. God! Not this again! I had my fill of this in school. I am truly sick of this dress. It does nothing but cause debate, and people are so obsessed with finding out its true colors. I may not know the true colors of the dress, but I know the true colors of the debates creator. :evil:
The color was known since ever, the interesting part is the effect it has upon different lightning

The true colors of the creator are white and therefore he's superior to every race who complains about this, let's move on.

Exiled Bowser
Bit
Bit

Postby Exiled Bowser » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:49 pm

NOW WHAT? SHE IS ALL FOUR COLORS!! NOW STOP DEBATING!

I had to do it... I just couldn't resist!
[01:17:53] <Exiled_Bowser> Finally! I do not get a damn "2" added to my name when I dc and reconnect.
[01:19:18] <Exiled_Bowser> Bowser's Exile 2 will not be out or will ever be out for years! That is a Joke folks...I have no intention of making a second when I haven't even done the first to completion yet.

Speaking of which, just check out the thread for my Episode Project right here!
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =34&t=8440

SilverDeoxys563
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby SilverDeoxys563 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:58 pm

the heck what is this lol

why don't I know about current "events" >_>
ImageImage
<Ragont> as303298 the movie.wmmp
In these days, I feel particularly blessed, contented, thankful, and inspired to be Christian.

Please don't Steam message me after midnight, kthx.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:37 pm

I know lol, I don't think I've ever seen something so minor become popular this fast.

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:58 pm

God, it's all over Youtube. At first it wasn't that bad, but now, it's EVERYWHERE. Why are people still talking about it when the color has already been confirmed.

As a matter of fact, how'd this get so big?

Exiled Bowser
Bit
Bit

Postby Exiled Bowser » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:05 am

I just posted what I did to try to derail it or stop the pointless crap. Now I failed...
[01:17:53] <Exiled_Bowser> Finally! I do not get a damn "2" added to my name when I dc and reconnect.
[01:19:18] <Exiled_Bowser> Bowser's Exile 2 will not be out or will ever be out for years! That is a Joke folks...I have no intention of making a second when I haven't even done the first to completion yet.

Speaking of which, just check out the thread for my Episode Project right here!
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =34&t=8440

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby silent_ » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:48 pm

I never thought about this, actually.

previously known as Kep

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:06 pm

But was it white and gold or black and blue?

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:24 pm

^
It is black and blue in real life, but it is not distinctly colored like that in the original photo.

- a spam account, 2016

Return to “Sandbox”