What Type Of PC Do You Have?

Off-topic discussion.
Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Re: What Type Of PC Do You Have?

Postby Pseudo » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:15 am

A Mac is objectively a personal computer, even if it doesn't usually fall into the category of "PC" (in the Mac vs. PC debate, for example). I'm not sure where that whole nomenclature came from, but a Mac really should be considered a PC.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:43 am

I could easily guess that it's something to do with marketing. Apple wants to avoid terminology that makes its products seem similar to their competition. To their credit, though, they actually set themselves apart well enough without having to BS people into not calling something what it actually is. It just calls the necessity of the blatantly false argument into question. I can fully understand that Macs are built differently and with different hardware goals in mind than other personal computers without actually confusing them with Dells or HPs, because I'm not an idiot. Though then again, I dunno. Maybe a lot of people are. Maybe it's the passion behind the phrase "A Mac is NOT a PC" that convinces people more than actual technical details.

Then again, Nintendo builds their consoles differently from how Sony and Microsoft apparently build consoles and they don't go around telling people that a "Nintendo" is not a console.
(Actually that might yet happen if Nintendo wants to stay in the market...)

Bj007pro
Banned

Postby Bj007pro » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:11 pm

Mac wants to Sell there Hardware and Microsoft just want to sell there Product, thats why Its on third-parties monitors
Don't Be Afraid To Take a Shot Than To Take A Shot Being Afraid - Bj007pro

Great Forum to talk about Nearly Anything - chillaxforum.proboards.com

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:15 am

Depends on which one we're talking about, I own three, not including my servers.

My main computer is a Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 2) that runs Windows XP Home Edition on the Oracle Virtualbox. The manufacturer is Acer, it's an Aspire M5630 model with an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (E4500) at 2.19/2.20 GHz. It has 3.00 GB of RAM and it's a 32-bit OS. I play SMBX, make Adventure of Knux comics, and sprite on this computer, I also use it for social things regarding the Internet.

My secondary computer is my gaming PC, I don't have the specs right now, but I'll post them once I get them (I haven't been on the PC in 3 weeks).

My servers, or should I say my old XP, is a Windows XP Home Premium that I modified with 4.00 GB of RAM, it doesn't have a graphics card installed, nor a sound card, but it can run almost all of my servers. (Minecraft, Terraria, Garry's Mod, etc.). There isn't really anything special at all about it besides the fact that it was my first computer.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

meowflash
Blooper
Blooper

Postby meowflash » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:43 pm

Windows 8.1. Nuff said.
Mah Staph: I Support The Following Below...
Spoiler: show

Axiom
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: learning C through PSP game programming

Postby Axiom » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:13 pm

meowflash wrote:Windows 8.1. Nuff said.
I just upgraded mine to an 8.1 fresh install. Loving it. Can't wait to start making some store apps once I get some ideas.
what am I??? doing

- Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses Unity Remake
- Florida Van Man YouTube Channel, where I DIY repair Sprinter vans.
- 3 small games in development

Return to “Sandbox”