Introductions Thread

Off-topic discussion.
Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Re: Apex is bored

Postby Artemis008 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:35 pm

Apex wrote:
Artemis008 wrote:Aren't you the one I had review my 1st project? Right before you disappeared for a year?
Anyways welcome back to hell the SMBX forums.
That depends, what was your name in 2014
Its stayed the same since I first came here.

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

HeroOfRhyme
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Tue May 24, 2016 6:48 pm

Artemis008 wrote:
Apex wrote:
Artemis008 wrote:Aren't you the one I had review my 1st project? Right before you disappeared for a year?
Anyways welcome back to hell the SMBX forums.
That depends, what was your name in 2014
Its stayed the same since I first came here.
Well I was only a level judge from May to July of 2014 and I dont think I remember reviewing a level by you.
[08:20:23] <SleepyKitty> AeroMatter, typing /ignore *!*@* will let you block curtain people CTCP'ing you
[08:20:32] <SleepyKitty> so for an example
[08:20:36] <Marinite> curtain
[08:20:40] <Apex> curtain
[08:20:43] <AeroMatter> curtain

Hi Yuki

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Wed May 25, 2016 10:14 am

Apex wrote:
MosaicMario wrote:Hey, Apex, haven't I seen you before? Maybe not, but welcome back!
Sorry I dont remember you, have you went under any other names?
My name used the be SuperMario12345 but I changed it.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

NightKawata
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Metanet Hunter -1
Chat Username: NightKawata

Re: Introductions Thread

Postby NightKawata » Wed May 25, 2016 9:23 pm

hi i'm an old soul and i'm ready to kill myself

i've actually been a part of this community for years for better or worse, under different username of course; but let's not talk about that, i don't like talking about me before i grew a human brain

i'm the real mvp, i also make metanet hunters when i feel like questioning the entirety of my life

i'm here because idk the sky is blue

my username comes from somewhere

my favorite food is food (i like anything not alive and ready to kill me, hi octopus)

i sometimes make games and do the naughty with ladies, most of the time i work at my job because holler holler get doller

i think we should talk about whatever the topic is about because that is what productive human beings do, wooooooo
Go play Metanet Hunter CD: http://store.steampowered.com/app/586570/
Go look at Metanet Hunter CD: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15229

Code: Select all

>mario isn't canon, when you die he faces the screen

onpon4
Swooper
Swooper

Postby onpon4 » Sun May 29, 2016 9:01 am

Hi!

So, I'm onpon4, a game developer and also a part of the libre software community. Some people on MFGG have interpreted my avatar as a bull. This is not correct! It is in fact a gnu. It's not a new gnu, though; I just changed the eyes to give it a happy face and recolored it pink.

I actually have never played SMBX. I found it years ago for some reason I can't remember, but couldn't stand it because my system I used at the time didn't play the music. I usually can't stand games without music unless they're either really good or casual. I don't know why. In any case, I don't play SMBX now either, because I don't like to run proprietary programs on my computers. The PGE project on the Talkhaus should change that at some point, though. From my perspective in the libre software community, that project is an absolute godsend. It's opening up so many Mario-style platformers to us, where we currently only have SuperTux, Secret Maryo Chronicles, and (just recently) my very own ReTux.

Other than that, I know some Japanese, I love spicy foods (like Thai, that's the best), I love jewelry, I can't choose a favorite TV show, I love spiders, I love cats (even though I'm mildly allergic to them), I love dogs, and I can't stand mosquitoes.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sun May 29, 2016 9:09 am

PGE actually has it's own site it's not something done by talkhaus.

onpon4
Swooper
Swooper

Postby onpon4 » Sun May 29, 2016 11:07 am

Tinkerbell wrote:PGE actually has it's own site it's not something done by talkhaus.
Yeah, I know, I was just saying "on the Talkhaus" as a shorthand for "having a big presence on the Talkhaus".

Timaeus Bouma
Banned

Postby Timaeus Bouma » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:54 pm

onpon4 wrote:Hi!

So, I'm onpon4, a game developer and also a part of the libre software community. Some people on MFGG have interpreted my avatar as a bull. This is not correct! It is in fact a gnu. It's not a new gnu, though; I just changed the eyes to give it a happy face and recolored it pink.

I actually have never played SMBX. I found it years ago for some reason I can't remember, but couldn't stand it because my system I used at the time didn't play the music. I usually can't stand games without music unless they're either really good or casual. I don't know why. In any case, I don't play SMBX now either, because I don't like to run proprietary programs on my computers. The PGE project on the Talkhaus should change that at some point, though. From my perspective in the libre software community, that project is an absolute godsend. It's opening up so many Mario-style platformers to us, where we currently only have SuperTux, Secret Maryo Chronicles, and (just recently) my very own ReTux.

Other than that, I know some Japanese, I love spicy foods (like Thai, that's the best), I love jewelry, I can't choose a favorite TV show, I love spiders, I love cats (even though I'm mildly allergic to them), I love dogs, and I can't stand mosquitoes.
Welcome to the Super mario Bros X forums onpon4!!! I too am a game developer and I love dogs and spicy foods. But I hate spiders and fucking despise those mosquetoes. Welcome!

:D :D :D :) :) :) :D :D :D :) :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :) :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :) :) :) ;) ;) ;)

Exiled Bowser
Bit
Bit
Current Project: Esgardum Legends I: The Four Sinners
Chat Username: Exiled

Postby Exiled Bowser » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:40 am

Hello guys again this will be last time you'll see me for awhile.

Long story short, I gave up on this fangame finally, its just to much work to do a project like Bowser's Exile on my own and no good will come from it, nor will my sanity be intact. Its not that I suck at SMBX, or level design. I don't have the time for this nor the will anymore to work on something that is just for fun and will never get me anywhere in life, I moved on and I have a job now and a life I need to plan for (get a car a place of my own, get big name editing software and programs, etc). I however, will continue to be a part of this community and visit from time to time as I grew up with SMBX and followed the dev team and been apart of this community from SMBX being known to the world (trekweb's forums days) and all the way to Redigit's best selling title, Terarria on 3Ds and Steam which I now play with an unhealthy addiction. *laughs* (I got to plantera in a month on 3ds, and ready to take on wall of flesh in normal mode PC softcore in just a week!)

As for Bowser's Exile: Its Done! Gone! i left it on my laptop to rot. I now have a new PC and not putting SMBX or PGE on my new baby,

I am going to now only work on my real project, Esgardum Legends, which is a multi part fiction series and RPG and that will be the only two things that I will be doing from now on besides whatever games are on my "to beat" list (including aforementioned Terarria). I will probably make a off topic thread or a sandbox or art section thread related to it in the future. So keep an eye out for that.

I'll see you all on Steam and Terarria! Long live Andrew Spinks AKA Redigit!

P.S. Its been real! About 8 years of being in this community has been fun! I might stay for more but not doing anything with SMBX.
[01:17:53] <Exiled_Bowser> Finally! I do not get a damn "2" added to my name when I dc and reconnect.
[01:19:18] <Exiled_Bowser> Bowser's Exile 2 will not be out or will ever be out for years! That is a Joke folks...I have no intention of making a second when I haven't even done the first to completion yet.

Speaking of which, just check out the thread for my Episode Project right here!
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =34&t=8440

Ryuji231
Hoopster
Hoopster

A proper introduction.

Postby Ryuji231 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:15 pm

I've only made a few posts here in the forums. And even getting an account here kinda sorta violates my "Do not return to forums ever again" rule but I had to come in and express my gratitude to you guys for creating this awesomely awesome fan game.

Anyways. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is KM [that's all you need to know right now]. I'm in my 30's and I've been a gamer since I was 6 years old.

I've been playing SMBX since 2012 and I've enjoyed every single episode I've downloaded ever since.

I'm not good at creating levels for the game itself but as far as dialoge and storyline's go. I'm a pretty good writer [my profession involves alot of writing, spellchecking, and re-writing].

So anyways. Just wanted to make this post to say hi and introduce myself. Have a good day.
I support:

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: TCGA Remake
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Re: A proper introduction.

Postby HeroLinik » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:21 pm

Hey Ryuji231, welcome back to the forums. You may know me already, but if you don't, I'm Linik and have been in the SMBX community for four years.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Re: A proper introduction.

Postby Valtteri » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:36 pm

Ryuji231 wrote:I've only made a few posts here in the forums. And even getting an account here kinda sorta violates my "Do not return to forums ever again" rule but I had to come in and express my gratitude to you guys for creating this awesomely awesome fan game.

Anyways. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is KM [that's all you need to know right now]. I'm in my 30's and I've been a gamer since I was 6 years old.

I've been playing SMBX since 2012 and I've enjoyed every single episode I've downloaded ever since.

I'm not good at creating levels for the game itself but as far as dialoge and storyline's go. I'm a pretty good writer [my profession involves alot of writing, spellchecking, and re-writing].

So anyways. Just wanted to make this post to say hi and introduce myself. Have a good day.
Merged with the introductions thread. Welcome Ryuji231! I hope you'll have a nice stay.

Ryuji231
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Ryuji231 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:21 pm

I've lurked for about a year and saw all the fun you guys have posting lol.

I hope I have a great stay as well. Alot of the past forums I was apart of turned pretty dark quick [I wasn't a nice guy years ago] so I really hope I can make some great long lasting friends and continue to have fun because that's what I feel SMBX is all about. Fun.

BTW: Thanks for welcoming me guys
Last edited by Pseudo on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
I support:

superandrea_04
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Current Project: I don't make SMBX levels anymore. I'm done.

My first join

Postby superandrea_04 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:49 pm

Hello!

Thanks for being here. Now, let's begin with the topic!

Super Mario Bros. X. I found it by a youtuber called MrDragonboy96. If you don't know him, here's his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDragonboy96
He makes SMBX levels. That's why SMBX is inside my head.

The editor and the game himself are fantastic! I really like the editor much than the game.
I think most of the people thinks this. This topic may be ridicoulous, but it isn't. Because... remember your first day with SMBX.

Now, to conclude the post, I want to remember you that I am making a level too. I'm super excited to realese it.

Thank you, SMBX Team. Continue developing SMBX. Yeah. This is a welcome.

Welcome, everyone! (And for me, too! :roll: )
I'm not feeling it. Sorry.

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/hnumbers

Re: My first join

Postby h2643 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:51 pm

Ironically only a small amount of people likes using old vanilla SMBX editor because it sucks :) Most people use PGE Editor nowadays, it's better and more safe to work in.

Also welcome!

superandrea_04
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Current Project: I don't make SMBX levels anymore. I'm done.

Postby superandrea_04 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Thanks! :D :D :D Also, can you link PGE to me? I didn't hear that engine.
I'm not feeling it. Sorry.

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/hnumbers

Postby h2643 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:59 pm

PGE is included with the beta of SMBX 2.0 and is labeled as "New Editor". Download SMBX 2.0 and you'll find it there.

loop13
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: I mainly play Celeste nowadays
Current Project: failing English IV
Chat Username: loop13uh

Postby loop13 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:39 pm

Find the PGE forum or Wohlstand, the creator of the PGE engine. Here is the site: http://wohlsoft.ru/PGE/
You need configuration packs to use it, but they are on the site. This one is not on the site, but rather, on this site, my personal favorite: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 69&t=15527
Hello, I make a lot of typos
specific people know my whereabouts though

my wifi is as useful as a brick

im more active on discord

:idea: I'm not (completely) dead; I rarely talk because I usually have nothin to say; I'll talk when I actually have a comment I want to make, or if someone asks me somethin...

nostalgia is a beautiful thing, isn't it?

anything before 2020 is most likely me being a weirdo or an idiot.

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:19 am

superandrea_04 wrote:Hello!

Thanks for being here. Now, let's begin with the topic!

Super Mario Bros. X. I found it by a youtuber called MrDragonboy96. If you don't know him, here's his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDragonboy96
He makes SMBX levels. That's why SMBX is inside my head.

The editor and the game himself are fantastic! I really like the editor much than the game.
I think most of the people thinks this. This topic may be ridicoulous, but it isn't. Because... remember your first day with SMBX.

Now, to conclude the post, I want to remember you that I am making a level too. I'm super excited to realese it.

Thank you, SMBX Team. Continue developing SMBX. Yeah. This is a welcome.

Welcome, everyone! (And for me, too! :roll: )
Welcome superandrea_04! Merged your topic with the Introductions topic.

Mrstone
Banned

I'm Sorry.

Postby Mrstone » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:42 pm

I'm very sorry, guys... Please, sorry, it was my mistake.. i thinked i'm very powerfull so i can manage to do all, but not really. i am very sorry, Waddle Derp, for insulting your level. :( I am very sorry, Pivot40Channel, Enjl, RudeGuy... It was my fault, i was just very young.. :( I hope my main account will be unbanned, also - sorry Joey for spamming your channel with insults, just was very mad about ban. ;(
~Eric
Edit: Also sorry TinkerBell..
Edit 2: And sorry Trace42, for begin shit :cry:
Hey dude? Like fan games, and games? Check out my site! It takes only 2 seconds!

Return to “Sandbox”