Introductions Thread

Off-topic discussion.
Aero
Administrator

Re: Hello guys.

Postby Aero » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:44 pm

RSuper wrote:Just saying hello,and I am new here. But I am active three times at ''Platformer Game Engine''.
Who are you?

Shin
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Re: Introductions Thread

Postby Shin » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:11 am

Hello, you can call me Shin. I don't think I have anything worth to mention here... I just try making pixel art, and sometimes I also write stories... I guess that's all, nothing really interesting or directly related to SMBX.

I know SMBX since 2011, and after almost two years (I don't play it since 2015), I got back to it. I'm not really a good level designer, but sooner or later I'll try to post something here.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:23 am

Welcome back to business, Shin, have fun!
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Appadeia
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Appadeia » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:53 pm

Hi, I am Appadeia! I am a longtime user of SMBX since about when the first version came out. I'm new to the forums. (duh) I like to chat but if any thing is idiotic I'm not afraid to say. I like: Food, Good levels and episodes. I dislike: Idiotic people, lack of logic, and lack of support * cough cough * im looking at someone closely * cough cough *

Aero
Administrator

Postby Aero » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:58 pm

Appadeia wrote:I dislike: Idiotic people, lack of logic, and lack of support * cough cough * im looking at someone closely * cough cough *
What?

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:37 am

Appadeia wrote:* cough cough * im looking at someone closely * cough cough *
speculation arises ...

Welcome anyway; if you see anything stupid it can be oftentimes taken care by telling staff or reporting etc.

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby Radiance » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:31 am

Appadeia wrote:* cough cough *
You have a cough, huh? :lol: Anyways, welcome to the forums!

Astronaut
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

I'm back!

Postby Astronaut » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:25 am

Heya peoples! Howzit going? Some of you might not remember me, but hey. I like to be ignored. ;)
I was busy with my new games. Doom 4, Halo 3, etc.
ಠ_ಠ :B
☮ ✿ ✈ ♋ ☠ ☯ ♥ ✌ ✖ ☢ ☣ ☤ ❤ ❥ ❦ ❧ ♡ ✗ ✘ ♒ Ω ♦ ♠ ♥ ♣ ♢ ♤ ♡ ♧ ✦ ♔ ♕ ♚ ♛ ★ ☆ ✮ ✯ ☾ ☽ ☼ ☀ ☁ ☂ ☃ ☺ ♪ ♫ ♬ ✄ ✂ ✆ ✉ ∞ ♂ ♀ ☿ ▲ ▼ ₪ ✓ ✔ ✕ ☥ ☦ ☧ ☨ ☩ ☪ ☫

☬ ☭ ™ © ® ℗ ¿¡ № ∃ ⊥ ∀ ☹ ∞ ⌘ 文 ⑂ ஜ ๏ ت ツ ッ シ Ü ⅟ ½ ⅓ ¾ ⅔ ⅕ ⅖ ⅗ ⅘ ⅙ ⅚ ⅛ ⅜ ⅝ ⅞ Ⅰ Ⅱ Ⅲ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ Ⅺ Ⅻ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ ➀ ➁ ➂ ➃ ➄ ➅ ➆ ➇ ➈ ➉ ➊ ➋ ➌ ➍ ➎ ➏ ➐ ➑ ➒ ➓ ⓐ ⓑ ⓒ ⓓ ⓔ ⓕ ⓖ ⓗ ⓘ ⓙ ⓚ ⓛ ⓜ ⓝ ⓞ ⓟ ⓠ ⓡ ⓢ ⓣ ⓤ ⓥ ⓦ ⓧ ⓨ ⓩ ☚ ☛ ☜ ☝ ☞ ☟ ✙ ✚ ✛ ✜ ✝ ✞ ✠ ❂ ⋆ ✢ ✣ ✤ ✥ ✦ ✩ ✪ ✫ ✬ ✭ ✮ ✯ ✰ ★ ✱ ✲ ✳ ✴ ✵ ✶ ✷ ✸ ✹ ✺ ✻ ✼ ❄ ❅ ❆ ❇ ❈ ❉ ❊ ❋ ╰☆╮ ✡ ❂ -‘๑’- ✽ ✾ ✿ ❀ ❁ ❃ ❋ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯ ° ø ⊙ ☉ ❣ ✉ ✍ ✎ ✏ ✐ ☑ ☐ ☒ ␟ ␘ ❢ ➟ ➡ ➢ ➣ ➤ ➥ ➦ ➧ ➨ ➚ ➘ ➙ ➛ ➜ ➝ ➞ ➸ ♐ ➲ ➳ ➳ ➴ ➵ ➶ ➷ ➸ ➹ ➺ ➻ ➼ ➽ ← ↑ → ↓ ↔ ↕ ↖ ↗ ↘ ↙

Darux
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Hello again

Postby Darux » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:31 pm

Hello, my name is Darux, you may not recognize me because I usually post in the projects board. I just wanted to talk about where I've been for the past couple of months. A while back, I made a post called "Succ's revenge WIP", where I told everyone that i was working on a project. most people forgot about me already, since that post was so long ago. To be honest, I haven't been working on the project. For some reason, SMBX feels like a chore now. As if it's something i'm forced to do. I always procrastinate on working on it because I feel so unmotivated. I know nothing about the software, so I can't even make anything good. At this point I'm thinking of just ending the project because It feels like I'll never complete. However, instead of making a post about it being cancelled, I want to know your guys' opinions.
Succ's Revenge is something I'm not sure about, mostly because I feel like it no-one wants it. To settle my curiosity, I set up a straw poll to see if you guys want it or not.
If enough people say yes, I might consider starting to work on it again.

Vote here: http://www.strawpoll.me/11437493

(I know this post breaks the forum's guidelines, so I won't be surprised if its taken away)

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Re: Hello again

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:11 pm

Everyone's been in your very same situation. It's up to you if you want to keep pushing forward or quit and maybe start something new.
The wall on which the prophets wrote
Is cracking at the seams
Upon the instruments of death
The sunlight brightly gleams
When every man is torn apart
With nightmares and with dreams
Will no one lay the laurel wreath
When silence drowns the screams

onpon4
Swooper
Swooper

Re: Hello again

Postby onpon4 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:29 pm

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you have to find out at some point: nobody cares about anything you create by default. You have to convince people to care. So if even you don't care to the point where your work on the project is contingent on other people caring, then you're wasting your time and should do something else.

I don't develop games only because other people want them, or only in the hope that other people will want them. I develop games because I want them. That way, even if I fail to convince a very large number of people to want the game, I can at least say that developing the game was worthwhile.

Dr Vivian
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Dr Vivian » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:19 am

Hi, I'm Dr. Vivian! I just joined today, after browsing the site for weeks...

I first found the site years ago and was super hyped to make my own Mario levels! Never got around to making an account. Was making a game, Kelp World, but never finished it. I had another project I worked on a little that was heavily Paper Mario Thousand Year Door themed. Recently I saw Super Mario Bros. X on Facebook somehow, and it said SMBX 2.0 Beta 3 was here, and I just had to try it!

All the new features and characters seemed like they deserved their own project, and the project I started felt so similar to Kelp World, I decided to make it a sequel, Kelp World 2. Making sequels of unfinished projects is a thing I do. (RPG Maker)

So anyway, Vivian is probably my favorite Mario character, so just picture Vivian as a doctor. Like Dr. Mario or Dr. Luigi. Instead of Fiery Jinx she has Medicinal Jinx? I don't know~!

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:45 pm

Always nice to see new designers! Enjoy your stay here <3

Saltlord
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: bruh

Postby Saltlord » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:04 pm

Hi guys, I'm back!

You might know me because of the huge inpact I left on this community. For starters, I... did posts. That's it.

See you around!

WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Flair: Legalize Awooo!

Postby WerewolfGD » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:58 am

Hey. I remember you! Welcome back!

Known also as Camacho or Harvey36Dice.
Also a furry

Awooo!
If you want to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056

Amy-Yuka
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Amy-Yuka » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:32 pm

hOI! I'm Amy and I have always loved Mario since my first system, being a SNES with a copy of Super Mario World. I'm an artist and a lover of all things weird, morbid and macabre. I love playing SMBx and watching people like BossEdit8 play on YouTube. I'm AmyWhitewind on YouTube (although I don't have a channel) I'm a mother of one and I hope to share my love of Nintendo and weird stuff with my daughter.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Postby HeroLinik » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:05 pm

Amy-Yuka wrote:hOI! I'm Amy and I have always loved Mario since my first system, being a SNES with a copy of Super Mario World. I'm an artist and a lover of all things weird, morbid and macabre. I love playing SMBx and watching people like BossEdit8 play on YouTube. I'm AmyWhitewind on YouTube (although I don't have a channel) I'm a mother of one and I hope to share my love of Nintendo and weird stuff with my daughter.
Hello Amy. I'm Linik, member of 4 years in the community. Welcome to the community, and enjoy your stay. There are also other people out here that record SMBX stuff alongside bossedit8; I'm actually one of them.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

Amy-Yuka
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Amy-Yuka » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:49 am

I don't think I've seen yours! Mind linking it? [EDIT] NVM I found the link @[email protected]

SinHeartless
Spiny
Spiny

Postby SinHeartless » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:01 am

HELLO.

I am SinHeartless from now degraded society of Finland and I have been a member of the forums for 2 years. (I might have wasted all of those 2 years of my life in one of these less friendly places. What else is new?) Game design, level design etc. have been my thing for years now.
I hack GBA games and do something that involves SMBX, Stepmania 5 etc. While I am not the most competent when it comes to making music, Graphics, art or coding,
my motivation is pretty strong right now. My dream is to become an Indie developer free of popular culture's chains.

I am also highly radical, insane & aggressive type on the internet. I critisize, provoke, troll and analyze games, people & popular culture. I THRIVE FROM ALL OF IT. While I'm trying
to keep the aggression away from the forum threads and the chat... Yt and other places on Internet are FAIR GAME.

I despise elitism & arrogance. Aesthetics is a volatile matter, so combine that with the strongly categorized system and you can see humanity's worst aspects. (Though I have nothing against great communities. They're hard to find though.) So I will not participate in any competitions held by communities or some higher authority. I couldn't care less for glory in expense of someone else's.

I AM THE EMBODIMENT OF YOUR SINS.
Behold the man who has embraced freedom from needless bonds.
I AM THE EMBODIMENT OF YOUR SINS.

Yes, it is me. The last person who would bring himself into modern communities.
The many faces of modern degeneracy like elitism, indifference and delusions of heroism
and superiority has made take the path with the least "human" variables to deal with.

In addition to antagonizing the internet, I do some... slightly creative stuff.
I really don't trust anyone around here too much, though. That, and the 2.0 community resenting the 1.4.4
community fills me with disgust.
Once things get nasty, I might have to sever my connections with this forum.
You should too. Just a friendly hint you can take with a grain of salt if you want.

Now with 300% more insanity. I will break your delusions of heroism and superiority to tiny pieces.

superandrea_04
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

I'M FINALLY (REALLY) BACK!!!

Postby superandrea_04 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:11 am

YAY! SUPERANDREA_04 IS BACK!

Why do you think i didn't posted anything for, like, 4 months?!

It's because... SMBX 2.0 IS OUT! Yay! Now i know EVERYTHING from SMBX 2.0 Beta 3. Like new characters: Samus, Rosalina, Uncle Broadsword,
Wario, Bowser, Snake...

And it's because of all the programming with LunaLua! Now... I will say something that is really important for me.

SMBX, YOU'RE IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW! AND I WILL KEEP REMEMBERING YOU!!!

Thank you to all who supported me :')

man, what drama...

I'm not feeling it. Sorry.

Return to “Sandbox”