Introductions Thread

Off-topic discussion.
Cedur
Toad
Toad

Re: Introductions Thread

Postby Cedur » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:00 am

Basically what Idunn said. Feel free to be as active as you want but try to be a bit calmer.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Nat The Porcupine
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Nothing ATM

Postby Nat The Porcupine » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:49 pm

Alright, I know I wrote an introduction in this thread like... 5 years ago at this point, but given I've been absent for a solid 4 of those years... I feel like I should reintroduce myself.

My name is Nathan, though I typically go by Nat. I started playing SMBX when I was around twelve & joined the community via Valtteri's old forums about a year or so later. I've seen both the game & community change a lot during that time, and even though I don't play or create much with the game anymore, it still holds a very special place in my heart. I tried to return to the community around 5 years ago after a long period of absence, but after some events that I don't think are worth reciting at this point... I decided to take my leave for a while. 4 years later, I think it's about time I come back, even if most of what I do will end up falling under just hanging out on the discord from time to time. As for what projects I work on these days? Well, I'm a Sonic The Hedgehog ROM Hacker & am attempting to start up a SEGA Megadrive dev community before the end of the year. It's... not exactly Nintendo or Mario related... at all... but hey, it's what I do these days :P

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:58 pm

Nat The Porcupine wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:49 pm
Welcome back to SMBX, Nat! Here's what you missed while you were away:
  • SMBX 2.0 had been released in Beta 4.
  • Admin Valtteri and the rest of the old staff members retired from the community!

Scroll
Mouser
Mouser
Flair: C'est la vie... profitez-en!
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars
Chat Username: Scroll#7903

Postby Scroll » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:31 am

So, hello everyone again, quite some people knows me already. I got my computer fixed last month so I came back to the community after some time, and restarted a project I lost last year.

I was planning to be as active as I was at early last year, but in that time I got into a mobile game that most of my friends are obsessed with, Garena Free Fire. This game was taking a lot of time I would spend in better things. It was like an addiction, cause I wasn't enjoying it but I couldn't stop playing (anyway I'm pretty sure I am not the only one, that game is addictive as hell). Anyway, today I deleted it myself from my phone for my safety.

This time I am definitely back now, I will be quite active here from now on maybe until quarantine ends. I will be doing progress with my project and I will be up for any event or contest in the community. I guess it's more worth to spend some quarantine time in SMBX and its community than getting into a stupid addictive battle royale game the whole day.

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:56 am

Scroll wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:31 am
So, hello everyone again, quite some people knows me already. I got my computer fixed last month so I came back to the community after some time, and restarted a project I lost last year.
Welcome back scroll! I was hoping you were able to return to the forums someday. ^^"

Rhosty
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: waiting on nintendo switch
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Postby Rhosty » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:50 am

Scroll wrote:boop
Hey, long time no see! Glad you're back.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:24 pm

Welcome back for like the 5th time, you know which event you can currently be in right

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

Scroll
Mouser
Mouser
Flair: C'est la vie... profitez-en!
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars
Chat Username: Scroll#7903

Postby Scroll » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:03 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Scroll wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:31 am
Welcome back scroll! I was hoping you were able to return to the forums someday. ^^"
Rhosty wrote:
Scroll wrote:boop
Hey, long time no see! Glad you're back.
Thanks a lot guys, glad to see y'all again too
Cedur wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:24 pm
Welcome back for like the 5th time, you know which event you can currently be in right
Nova contest 2 right...? Also yeah this is like the 5th time but the definitive one lol

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:31 pm

Scroll wrote:Nova contest 2 right...?

yup, that one.

Return to “Sandbox”