Page 20 of 87

Re: Introductions Thread

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:21 am
by Shadow Yoshi
To play devil's advocate for a moment, a domain owner can set their domain to point anywhere so that's technically not indicative of a reclaim.

But yeah, the SMBX/Nintendo incident was real and maybe I should write something gathering all of the information so people stop doubting it.

Re: Introductions Thread

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:11 am
by Fuyu
Joey wrote:But yeah, the SMBX/Nintendo incident was real and maybe I should write something gathering all of the information so people stop doubting it.
Would love to check it out. Looking forward to it.

Re: Introductions Thread

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:29 pm
by Pseudo
I'd like to see that too, Joey, if you don't mind. I don't necessarily disbelieve Redigit at the moment but it'd be pretty interesting anyways.

Re: Introductions Thread

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:40 pm
by suckhacker jr
hewwo ,I am suckhacker jr. I am suckhacker's son and I am to avenge my daddy because you guys nuked him. Zeldamaster12, this is it! Prepare to be permabaned as I conquer this site for my daddy and his friends.

Re: Introductions Thread

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:48 pm
by Dreamer
topkek

Re: Introductions Thread

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:58 pm
by Delete if Allowed 2
suckhacker jr wrote:hewwo ,I am suckhacker jr. I am suckhacker's son and I am to avenge my daddy because you guys nuked him. Zeldamaster12, this is it! Prepare to be permabaned as I conquer this site for my daddy and his friends.
an0maly wanted me to remind you that you quit

Re: Introductions Thread

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:59 pm
by Zeldamaster12
suckhacker jr wrote:hewwo ,I am suckhacker jr. I am suckhacker's son and I am to avenge my daddy because you guys nuked him. Zeldamaster12, this is it! Prepare to be permabaned as I conquer this site for my daddy and his friends.
hi suckhacker

bye suckhacker

Re: Introductions Thread

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:10 pm
by Mable
Zeldamaster12 wrote:hi suckhacker

bye suckhacker

Noooo you banned his non-existing dad already now his non-existing son. Omg i will report you for abooose..

/s

Re: Introductions Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:09 am
by Pseudo
Dammit, I thought we were done with that guy. I wonder if it was the same dude or an impersonator, he didn't really act the same.

Re: Introductions Thread

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:14 am
by Lapuente
Hello everybody!
I'm kinda new to SMBX, just what I've been looking for, I'm looking forward to participate and contribuite!

Hey

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:23 am
by Scarpine496
Hi guys, I just joined. I don't have much experience with SMBX but I have heard about it for several years and recently discovered the IRC not so long ago. I thought I'd join the forums to check it out.

Re: Hey

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:32 am
by h2643
Welcome! You seem like a nice guy both here and IRC. Unfortunately introduction threads are banned here and instead you should post your introduction here:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =50&t=9405

Re: Introductions Thread

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:34 am
by Scarpine496
Hi guys, I just joined. I don't have much experience with SMBX but I have heard about it for several years and recently discovered the IRC not so long ago. I thought I'd join the forums to check it out.

Re: Hey

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:35 am
by Scarpine496
Thanks, I didn't realise it was in the Off-topic section. Looked really hard to find so didn't think there was an Introduction thread.

Re: Introductions Thread

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:14 pm
by HeroLinik
Scarpine496 wrote:Hi guys, I just joined. I don't have much experience with SMBX but I have heard about it for several years and recently discovered the IRC not so long ago. I thought I'd join the forums to check it out.
Hey, welcome to the forums. I'm Linik, a member of the SMBX community for three and a half years and has been using SMBX for five years. Hopefully some helpful users here can help you get started with SMBX! And by the way I like your fanfic.

Re: Introductions Thread

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:11 pm
by Zix
Hello, I'm Zix, a not-so-good pixel artist. I know SMBX since 2010 but never joined the original forums. I thought there weren't any other active ones, but then I found this one. I don't really have anything more to say, so...

See ya around!

Re: Introductions Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:28 am
by CynicHost
Hey, Zix! Welcome to the forums, we hope you enjoy your time here!
Spoiler: show
...Oh my, I'm not sure my account is old enough for me to be qualified for this.
Technically though, I did have an inactive account since these forums began, and I've been lurking ever since the beginning of time, so...

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:03 am
by GreenyNeko
Joey wrote:Magizard, he may have meant SMB:R. NSMBX was also the name of YoshisIsland's engine.
Someone remembers. Anyways...

1. Hey guys!
2. Uff, I'm 20 already ffffffff
3. こんいちは、みんな!
4. Yep, I have registered.
5. Yep, this is off topic.
6. NSMBx has been put off hiatus and canceled. I have merged the NSMBx idea with another idea and it's no longer Mario-oriented. It will be a general project not focusing on any game genre. Scripting will be python oriented because I hate Lua scripting :P and Lua classes suck hell.. Either way with that said it will be a general editor with which you can make Mario levels if you want... though you could also make something like.. err... you know Super Mario Portal or what was it called? Anyways I'm gonna work on this project after my 3 years study of game engineering since I want that project definitely done especially since I'm in debt to you all for never finishing NSMBx. Right? Right.
7. ego vobis debere non ignoro. (or something like that.. can't believe my best grade is in latin.. ^^')
8. Sorry for the commotion :D

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:18 am
by Prado
GreenyNeko wrote:
Joey wrote:Magizard, he may have meant SMB:R. NSMBX was also the name of YoshisIsland's engine.
Someone remembers. Anyways...

1. Hey guys!
2. Uff, I'm 20 already ffffffff
3. こんいちは、みんな!
4. Yep, I have registered.
5. Yep, this is off topic.
6. NSMBx has been put off hiatus and canceled. I have merged the NSMBx idea with another idea and it's no longer Mario-oriented. It will be a general project not focusing on any game genre. Scripting will be python oriented because I hate Lua scripting :P and Lua classes suck hell.. Either way with that said it will be a general editor with which you can make Mario levels if you want... though you could also make something like.. err... you know Super Mario Portal or what was it called? Anyways I'm gonna work on this project after my 3 years study of game engineering since I want that project definitely done especially since I'm in debt to you all for never finishing NSMBx. Right? Right.
7. ego vobis debere non ignoro. (or something like that.. can't believe my best grade is in latin.. ^^')
8. Sorry for the commotion :D
9. New lines cost 1 Byte per line
10. Naming each attribute inside of the save file costs name length * byte bytes per line
11. Even if it's more difficult to modify a save file, save files should always be at minimum size.
12. if possible save in bytes instead of strings makes save files even smaller.
Are you kidding with us? Or are you serious about a new PGE-like project?

Re: Introductions Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:53 am
by Creppersaurus rex
ROAR ! It's Crepersaurus rex here ! I'm very new to this forum and the game (i downloaded it just before i created my account), so... Be kind and tell me the basics, please ?