Introductions Thread

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Re: Introductions Thread

Postby Artemis008 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:31 pm

Supershroom wrote:Hi everyone here! I'm Supershroom and some people here already might recognize me by my name. I'm from the runouw.com forums, but there was a lot of bad things going on there, and I was banned for fighting against staff there. Before this makes me look worse than I am in fact, I'll tell the story.

Also first off, I'm another addition to the German force here, greetings bossedit, Spinda, Marina etc. :3
Spoiler: show
I found SM63 (Super Mario 63) and its Level Designer about three or four years ago and I fell in love with it. I played lots of portal levels before registering and I wanted to make a big name of myself in level designing business. This was my first joining of a freeforum, and in retroperspective
I have to say that I didn't have enough humility for that. I wanted to take this universe by assault, and I had to learn a lot of how to communicate properly. Bad thing is, this got me early punishments (for backseat moderating and complaining about unfair LDC scores, for example) and this brought me a bad reputation that some people, especially staff, wouldn't ever let go off - while some other people started seeing my friendly side and my strengths, and they are still my friends these days.

I both earned respect for becoming a good level designer and overall contributive member, but I also saw plenty examples of poor staffing and moderating policies. As time went on (with a few more conflicts and drama here and then), around August 2015 I also became active on the Runouw chat, and I wanted to become a staff member myself (level moderator, to be precise). There was a time when two level mods became inactive, and a replacement was called for, and I wanted that to happen. But I wasn't accepted. My past caught up with me.

This was the first time when serious arguings were stirred up, both around me not wanting to accept my hand, and talking about general grievances in terms of stagnancy of the site and poor maintenance by the staff, and it was them (mostly Raz, FrozenFire and Oranjui among a few others) reacting very toxically and aggressively. This tug-o-war was violently broken up by banning me for almost a month.

When I returned, I was welcomed back surprisingly friendly, and at first I wanted to let time pass before starting another attempt at a staff discussion, but just one week later, Star king retired, after he also made a significant influence on getting me banned by his behaviour. The same ordeal of me-vs-staff happened again, and before any further damage was done, I stepped back from the subject begrudgingly, this leaving a serious grudge against each other on both sides.

After two more months passed and after getting 3rd place in an LDC, winning a Runouw Votes Award for Best Level, and moving up to 14th place in the official SM63 Tier List, and the staff team being thinner than ever, I wanted to talk again. I approached the problems more directly, and after some extensive discussion of theirs, a compromise was found in February 2016, and I was hired on the lowest staff position, Site Representative (has the power to access staff forums and staff chat, and also can move and lock topics, but nothing more). But they set the tenor on this promotion being extraordinarily experimental. I aimed at it being more than that, though. I wanted to take my imaginations of good staffing into action.
I started efforts on better maintenance and pushed on various things, which seemed to become uncomfortable for the three I already named above, and also some others who didn't care about the site with as much passion as I have. My reputation as staff was also damaged when I've been played a godawful and villainous prank in the FoA (a lawless spamfest-subforum for veterans that I was only given access to because of becoming staff, never asked for it earlier and never will ask again), when I wanted to get official rehabilitation on the previous ban and I wanted to make them acknowledge the injustice.

Around early April, we had problems on getting an April Fools organized, and a permabanned member (PositronWildhawk) reregistered, wanted to be given a second chance. Because I already knew that there were crudities on his permaban (he's a sibling of another permabanned and very immature member (comparable to e.g. Bertie or suckhacker here) and mostly was banned because he failed to protect his account). I thought he should be given a second chance. Others didn't, and I was lashed out both for my help for Pos and for my complaints about the way they treated him. These complaints eventually leveled up to general complains about their dishonorable and abrasive attitude in general, as well as their fault on being an egoistic clique and making the community stagnate, not caring about new members or even being wary towards them. I went so far that I asked to demote the two worst of them if they weren't willing to improve their behaviour.

You can guess the result. I was demoted myself. This didn't happen instantly, we kept discussing and vomiting words for a full five days. One more impartial moderator, nin10mode, was willing to give me another chance and making an official statement. I did that and went on admitting flaws of mine as well. Yet many others - the three named above, as well as other clique friends of theirs - formed an overwelming majority that kept requesting my demotion. I was defended by Doram, an almost 40-year-old very wise and sophisticated but also sometimes rather blue-eyed and unpragmatic man, who had put big hopes in me, but he had to bow down to the pressure and carry out the demotion at the end.

The pain of this was a lot worse than the ban before. I thought I was finally on the right track and got over all of the bad days, and that everything would turn out well. But the bullish resistance of haughty, grumpy, irritable and hypocritical adolescents rendered everything void, and I also felt really sad for a couple of newer members who I became an idol for due to my passion for the community and due to my expert guidance for them.

Soon later, some veterans left the site, after they were only stickying around anyway because of their friends, not only because of games and events, and for some of them the continued drama around my person was the straw that broke the camel's back for them. Especially the resigning of nin10mode was saddening, and even more, I was blamed for it.

I didn't want to give up, I wouldn't have been happy with taking a step back. I kept fighting for a better future. For getting myself repromoted, and for getting the bad guys demoted. I was left alone. Doram had taken a week or two away from the site after the demotion, and when he returned, he was a different person. Relentless, merciless, hypocritical, cynical, blindfold, not ready to compromise. He tried trembling my voice, he didn't want to see my concerns and issues. He cast his lot with his "friends" Raz and everyone else who was responsible for my demotion, he called the demotion a "lesser of two evils", he called my goals a "horrible campaign", he didn't offer any kind of perspective for me. His worst sentence was "Another thing you have misunderstood about being staff is: It is not our job to make this place nice or happy or anything, just supporting it in the terms of general jobs of government", and "Stop trying to FORCE this world to be a better place". This attitude summed up the flaws, and what made the internal atmosphere so heated and unpleasant.

Around the same time, I heard that Raz was about to ban me out of pure spite, and only the intervention of Venexis, soon to be promoted to mod, saved my back. Ven is the light where there's only black, the one who stays calm and factual and productive even in the worst of situations. He's my biggest friend, he said that he didn't want to allow a ban if I wasn't heard out. After the demotion I kept PMing with Ven a lot, and that made people like Raz or OJ very upset, they wanted me to talk with them directly while they didn't show any willingness to discuss properly. In retroperspective it's not far to seek that they wanted a quick inducement for a ban. I was also told by them that "there would be zero chance for repromotion within a year".

Right after Doram's statement, I sent a final manifest, a final general accusation of flaws and shitty treatment, a final explanation of what was going wrong for all the time. Stating that there always was a massive split between new members and overpowering peers, stating that the staff had a very lacking attitude of taking care of the community, but almost only doing things in their common interest, as a closed clique. My message was "Get over your shadows, drop the hatred, make a peace agreement, I'm approachable. Make the injustice undone."

The worst thing is, I asked Doram for another talk, and he seemed willing for it. I sent him my words, and one hour later, the first thing I saw in the public chat was him pinging me a thousand times and eventually saying "well, this is a root point because I'm permabanning him. Shroom, for your constant spitting venom and negativity, and for lying to me and trying to manipulate me, I'm going to ban you for at least a year."

Venexis and a few others tried to step in, but they couldn't reach any more than reducing it to 3 months (until August 14th). I guess that I also was too naive to believe that I would be sufficiently protected by Ven in the worst of all cases.

Did I have possibilities to act differently? Did I have the chance to not let this community be such a huge obsession of mine that I failed at in the end? In retroperspective this is always said so easily. Life hardly comes the way you imagine it. Many "mistakes" I've done wouldn't have been mistakes at all if there was just a slight bit of willing to listen and cooperate on the people I've mentioned - they're NOT utterly bad people, they're not just describable by what I listed, they could be good people in fact; the story I've told and written up within an hour doesn't nearly encompass everything that happened. You can easily say that if I could only turn back time, the situation would be completely different this day. Generally, the following holds: Both in real life or a "virtual" community, we sometimes see the most prudent and reasonable people go steps in everyday life that we'd have to shake the heads for.

Overall, the story ends like this: The reason that got me banned, is the same reason that made some people take me seriously and that made me an idol for some others.

Other than the previous ban on Runouw in late 2015, this repeated drama has also made me disillusioned, and I won't come back there like Phoenix out of the ashes. I'll just be there to keep talking about SM63 and level designing and participating at Forum Games or such, and as long as the staff there is the same and its attitude doesn't change, I can only wait for it to disappear or for everything to be closed down one day.
Yeah, that's my story. But now, why did I join here? Well, first off, the obvious reason, I've been playing various episodes of SMBX for over a year now. Next is, of course I've also seen a lot of drama and similar happenings here especially one year ago (excuse me if some of you staffers may feel adressed by flaws I listed; just take it as a simple chance to rethink accordingly), but, importantly, I guess that things are calmer since then and this place has improved, and SM63 and runouw.com are close to dying (especially the more so because I'm missed), while SMBX is super alive and the level of activity is here is appealing, right?

Here I already have important experience on being at a freeforum, experience that I have cruelly missed when I joined Runouw, and here I also don't have much to lose and no fixed ambitions like becoming staff desperately. I don't necessarily need to be around here and teach everyone good posting habits. Still, expect me to add my two cents and share my experience and being helpful. :>

In terms of the SMBX engine itself, I might make myself familiar with it and start a designing career, no promises though (especially this might be a cool alternative if SM63 really becomes history one day). Another reason for me to register is Runouw's second fangame called Last Legacy, which can be found on Newgrounds and where a sequel is in development by the Runouw team. This sequel shall reach a really professional level and will run on Java and be sold on Steam, and it will be maintained on http://www.lastlegacy.us/, this site was already founded in mid-2014 and it's very calm because LL and its designer don't reach a huge level of attention yet. But the new LL game (referenced as LL Chapter 3) is not only hoped to reach the attention of many new people via Steam, but it's also supposed to mark a re-start of the Runouw community, because the Runouw brothers (who have made SM63 and lead the LL project) have separated themselves away from runouw.com because of its development I've described.

Until then, I'm here to make myself familiar with a designer of a similar complexity level like LL's gonna be, and also to hear about how this community and SMBX emerged out of nowhere and reached today's activity level, and to see if this also gives tips for me and the LL team. Since I'm holding a staff position on lastlegacy.us since March 2016 (and I have a good rapport with the LL dev team in general, although I'm not a part of it because of lacking programming and drawing skills), this might also give useful info for the community that is supposed to emerge some time soon.

Looking forward to see you guys around!

Since I was active on the Runouw chat, I already looked into the IRC yesterday but it was quiet ... how active is it usually, and with respect to my timezone, are there certain rush hours or alike?
Welcome to hell the SMBX forums. I've been hear about a year and have generally had a good experience.

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

World Star 9
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: None (I have no Ideas)

Postby World Star 9 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:16 pm

Quick question.

Is there a tutorial on how to add signatures to your profile?
"To weird or not to weird, that is the odd question" - Oddliam Weirdspeare

I'm on NSMBX forums too! Don't forget YouTube!: Image
Forever in repetition, the best adjective for the New Super Mario Bros. Series (I'm not saying that's a bad thing)

I Support:

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:54 pm

World Star 9 wrote:Quick question.

Is there a tutorial on how to add signatures to your profile?
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/faq.php

Use the FAQ for forum-related questions.

doomguy34000
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

im new

Postby doomguy34000 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:18 pm

english: hi to all and any so here I introduce myself I 'm Doomguy34000 a fan of Mario and as DOOM since all small .
I'm 21 and I'm French .
If I like as fangame is doom and mario as SMBX but I spend more time on DOOM because I love games too .
Also I have a youtube channel link and here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmnAmx ... F4lqXzZ56g. Oh I love the hack of Super Mario World .
Oh I forget to say that to write in english I google translation help me.

Well here is my presentation I go I tell you to the next. :D

French: salut a tous et a toute alors voila je me présente je suis Doomguy34000 fan de Mario depuis tous petit et aussi DOOM.
J'ai 21 ans et je suis français.
Se que j'aime comme fangame c'est les doom et mario comme SMBX mais je passe plus de temps sur DOOM car j'adore trop se jeux.
Aussi j'ai une chaîne youtube le lien et ici https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmnAmx ... F4lqXzZ56g. Ah oui j'adore les hack de super mario world.

Bien voila ma présentation de moi aller je vous dis a la prochaine. :D Ah oui j'ai oublier de dire que pour écrire en englais je m'aide de google traduction.
Last edited by doomguy34000 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
im french player of SMBX and DOOM

My youtube chanel fr :) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmnAmx ... F4lqXzZ56g

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Re: im new

Postby HeroLinik » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:19 pm

Hi doomguy34000, and welcome to the SMBX community. I'm Linik, who's been in the SMBX community for four years and does the occasional level playthrough or two. I'm looking forward to seeing what levels and projects you create.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

doomguy34000
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby doomguy34000 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:35 pm

Linik wrote:Hi doomguy34000, and welcome to the SMBX community. I'm Linik, who's been in the SMBX community for four years and does the occasional level playthrough or two. I'm looking forward to seeing what levels and projects you create.
Thank you for welcoming me kindly make it fun by talking against in the level I know how and when I saw the interface I say wow and also when I saw to create the worlds I say the but even against I would try but it's not for gain level . also could you gave me music download links please ? and if I make level it will not be difficult levels of this will be in trouble focusing with symple symple kind texture as those included in the SMBX games.

Prado
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Prado » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:24 pm

Hi! I'm a fan of DooM too!
Discord server to play SMBX online via Parsec!

https://discord.gg/FftYYMv

doomguy34000
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby doomguy34000 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:03 pm

Prado wrote:Hi! I'm a fan of DooM too!
Is great like that we had 2 be yours fan that gives me an idea for the beginning of the intros to my world of SMBX I would go to a music DOOM but what I do not know. :D

Whales hey
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Chat Username: whales

Postby Whales hey » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:15 pm

I joined like a year ago but I wasn't active at all, so you could say this is my first time here. I joined because I saw a vid on smbx and it looked awesome, and it turned ou to be great. Anyway, hola :D
meme
I Support:

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:55 pm

Whales hey wrote:I joined like a year ago but I wasn't active at all, so you could say this is my first time here. I joined because I saw a vid on smbx and it looked awesome, and it turned ou to be great. Anyway, hola :D
I know this is a late hello, but welcome to the community, Whales hey. You already know me as the guy who recorded your level.
Anyway, why do I keep thinking you're deadfish when I see your name? Lol :D
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

Cetus808
Bit
Bit
Current Project: a bunch of levels

Postby Cetus808 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:54 am

Returning user here. I believe I went by the name "Shortman2" in Knuckles96's forum, but I don't remember my username on the original Super Mario Bros. X forum at all.

I haven't played SMBX ever since my previous computer crashed three years ago, but I redownloaded it just a month ago and now I remember how amazing the game really was.

It's also nice to see there are a plenty of Vinesauce and Touhou fans here as well.

hikki_power222
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby hikki_power222 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:15 pm

I've been here in 2013-2014 (but was in read-only), then I haven't visited forum whole 2015, and now, in June/July 2016 I returned and signed up (I didn't sign up before). Only then I started posting.
I'm hikki_power222 (as you can see). I live in Russia (параша, блядь)(I hate country where I live). As having nothing to do else than scrolling imageboards, watching anime or reading VNs, I play SMBX. Nice to meet y'all.

QBros
Goomba
Goomba
Current Project: Mario In Mobius

Postby QBros » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:00 pm

Greetings, my name is QBros and I am an SMBX fanatic just like the rest of you. This is my first time on the forums, but not with SMBX. I have been a loyal follower of this game since 2012. I have played games such as the Tower of Biased contests, the Invasion, Princess Cliche, and Great Castle Adventure (most games that loyal followers play).

The reason I haven't been active until now is because for two years, I have been creating two massive projects, that will never see the light of day unless a proactive leader like Valtterri wants to take up the task. These two games were a 2D "Mario RPG", and a 2D "Legend of Zelda A Link To The Past." After playing many games and trying to create a few, I grow more fond of this as I go on. The reason the two projects is because of a hard drive failure on my laptop.

I hope to become a greater part of the SMBX community, and I look forward to participating in a community contest. I will gladly help people with projects, even if it is level design, which is the most fun part. Hope this game goes strong for many years to come.

P.S. QBros comes from the game QBert, with Bros added to it. Also, I have a lot of hobbies, so hit me up with conversation or send me a messenge.

I hope my contribution to the team is a good one.

Sincerely, QBros

npromin1
Goomba
Goomba

Postby npromin1 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:09 pm

Greetings, I am npromin1, not much else to say here. I pretty much came for the mafia games though. Supershroom told me I might like them.
Anyway, I've never played SMBX. I'm gonna go play it and see what it is now.
Last edited by npromin1 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:56 pm

Welcome! We've had trouble getting enough players for the latest game, but with all of you guys the subforum may actually become more active!
im a girl yo

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:15 am

Cetus808 wrote:Returning user here. I believe I went by the name "Shortman2" in Knuckles96's forum, but I don't remember my username on the original Super Mario Bros. X forum at all.

I haven't played SMBX ever since my previous computer crashed three years ago, but I redownloaded it just a month ago and now I remember how amazing the game really was.

It's also nice to see there are a plenty of Vinesauce and Touhou fans here as well.
I have vague memories of you. Welcome to the most recent smbx forum. (You might better know me as TLtimelord)
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:51 am

ayy npromin! Thanks for being around and have fun!

As for Mafia, just wait until M31 starts (with a Sign-up topic being posted, M30 is currently going on for a few days).

(To anyone else, he's quite experienced in Mafia, he hosted that one game on Runouw.com I took part in previously and he's currently hosting another one.)

Also welcome QBros

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Deathdmndcrftsmbx
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Current Project: Super Mario Green Star Snatcher (SMBX 2.0)

Postby Deathdmndcrftsmbx » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:13 pm

:D Hello guys I'm new here and I have been playing smbx for around 2 years I have a project I am working on but I've only got 3 levels done but I will make a project thread soon :x

TraficanteDeMana
Goomba
Goomba

Stickerbrush DK2

Postby TraficanteDeMana » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Hello , I apologize in advance , I am Brazilian and my English is horrible , finally, the SMBX died in Brazil and decided to migrate to this forum , I wonder if someone would have the Tileset Graphics Stickerbrush Donkey Kong 2 , can not in any way find it in any forums , thank you for your cooperation. ( Forgiveness by grammarians errors , I used Google Translate. )

doomguy34000
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Re: Stickerbrush DK2

Postby doomguy34000 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:36 pm

TraficanteDeMana wrote:Hello , I apologize in advance , I am Brazilian and my English is horrible , finally, the SMBX died in Brazil and decided to migrate to this forum , I wonder if someone would have the Tileset Graphics Stickerbrush Donkey Kong 2 , can not in any way find it in any forums , thank you for your cooperation. ( Forgiveness by grammarians errors , I used Google Translate. )
yours I also google translation helps me to speak in English because infact I can not speak in english but all of :(

Return to “Sandbox”