Current signature origins

Off-topic discussion.
Ecruteak
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It's been...

Current signature origins

Postby Ecruteak » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:18 am

Here's a forum to show and explain the origins of your current signatures.

Please copy and paste the current signature so people reading it after you change it won't get confused.
You don't need to show the Steam and Project Support things if you don't want to.

Alright, me.

SIGNATURE
Magister: We shall establish a timtams currency exchange program.
Lilac: Huh?
Magister: WE SHALL ESTABLISH. A TIMTAMS. CURRENCY EXCHANGE PROGRAM.

This is a blooper from Freedom Planet.

mmm, timtams
Ambiguously active.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Re: Current signature origins

Postby HeroLinik » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:23 am

OK, so the top line's a joke about how many people have signatures, and that for those of you that don't, it'll tell them to put that message in your...except they have no signature; it's a joke based on the "put this in your sig" thing we see in a lot of sigs. The second line is a link to my current project, a remake of the classic episode, The Great Castle Adventure, and the link below it is a link to my new YouTube channel, which I hope to start doing LPs on soon. The next one down is a "Frozen fan" banner which I've had for a very long time, but it's still true, and the very bottom is an advertisement for the SMB Editing forum which is quite new and I'm a member there.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:52 am

Link to my project, some inactive forums links and a phrase saying that I'm Christian07 if you didn't know.

And I remember there was another thread like this, right?
im bored

John The White Yoshi
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby John The White Yoshi » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Probably.
The first part of it is a "Ironic is Ironic" thing, then it's my Steam Card, and finally me commenting on MECHDRAGON's comment discussing about RP chat rooms. Here's a link to the locked conversation, to MECHDRAGON's comment, mine's just below it: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 20#p135501

Danny
Mouser
Mouser
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Danny » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:55 pm

Steam card.
The Minecraft Server's banner.
Spoiler with things I run, currently only one thing.
Four buttons that take you to various magical locations which should be obvious from their box designs that I made.
Quote from an IRC conversation between Valtteri and ZVoid.
<Elsa> btb is a pile of shit
<ZVoid> didn't you complain about me talking behind people's back the other day?
* ZVoid has been kicked from #smbx by Elsa (ZVoid)

Quote from DarkMatt.
<DarkMatt> don't try to apply sense to the cold logic we have
Quote from an unknown source.
"If everyone threw their problems in a pile and saw how bad everyone else's were, they'd be grabbing theirs back in a heartbeat."

That's about it.
You might know me as LMNtals, Syndrilevosse, Danny, or 8bitmushroom.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Superiorstar » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:02 pm

I bunch of outdated ads for outdated projects and a scripture from the bible.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

One day, we will paint with our minds.
it's been a minute since I've cared about this place, I'll have to do some catching up
If there is a 999 limit on characters, what's the limit on images?

Imaynotbehere4long
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:10 pm

So, back when Knux's forum was popular, there was a featured episode called "Super Mario Eternal Chaos." Well, I played it and encountered a few design choices I wasn't fond of (like a solid black pipe hidden underwater that was required to beat the episode). I went back to the forums, and noticed that the episode had been patched. For me, that was the final straw: from now on, I would wait out "featured" episodes until after they were patched (or if it had been a while and didn't get a patch), and if the episode still had errors, I would take note of all the problems it had, and tell the creator about them so that he/she could fix them. Sometime later, I realized that there were some people who would actually want to know if their episode had any problems ahead of time, so I decided to add in my signature that I'm a freelance reviewer and will review any SMBX level, project, or episode as long as you tell me about it.
Even before I became a Level Judge, I began to notice a bit of a pattern when it comes to bosses: they would often include a mere sprite-swap of a pre-programmed AI in a flat, empty room with nothing but a generator for the player to use as a weapon. Partly because I was used to the innovation in various "featured" episodes and partly because featured episodes themselves didn't entirely escape this lazy design (see: Mario Classic, World 7 boss), I would always point this out and complain about it whenever I came across it. However, I don't think I realized how widespread this lazy design tactic was until after I became a Level Judge; if a level had a boss, it was almost always just one of the pre-programmed AIs in an empty room. Not long ago, I played Ludwig's Flaming Fortress, which not only had two pre-programmed AIs in empty rooms, but it also had another pre-programmed AI at the end with two Bowser statues just at the top of the player's jump height (so they didn't really affect the battle that much). Once again, I couldn't take it anymore: not only was it clear that very few people on the forums know how to make a decent boss in SMBX, but I actually got some backlash for my accusation from users besides FanofSMBX. I had a speech outline due in four days, but that could wait; this was too great an issue. I then spent that week's Monday and Tuesday to make a level-tutorial (similar to/inspired by Flying Brick's "How NOT to Make a Level") on how to make not-boring bosses without you, the level creator, having to put forth much effort. Because the only place I could put it is Casual Levels, I linked the level in my signature so the maximum number of people can see it.
The rest of it is just me advertising some of the stuff I've made in SMBX, except the last link.
So, when I finished playing Secret of the Dry Guys (the old, unfinished one), I decided to look through the episode's folder to see where some of the songs were from (since there were quite a few that I didn't recognize). After going through the songs, there were four songs that I didn't recognize that just had generic names, so I sent a PM to the episode's creator asking where the songs were from. He wouldn't tell me.
Much later, I played through Super Mario Bros - The Next Generation and SMB Collaboration and listened to their songs. Not only were there quite a few songs that I didn't recognize, but these were fairly old episodes; their creators weren't credited (at least, they weren't in SMB Collaboration) and may not even be part of the forum anymore, so I decided to make a thread asking the community as a whole where the songs are from. Not long afterward, the thread dropped off of the sub-forum's first page, so I added the link to it in my signature, in hopes that someone, someday, will let me know where those songs are from.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

glitch4
Birdo
Birdo

Postby glitch4 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:21 pm

My steam signature profile and supporting projects right now :3

Danny
Mouser
Mouser
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Danny » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:39 pm

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:Image
I mean was that really necessary?
You might know me as LMNtals, Syndrilevosse, Danny, or 8bitmushroom.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Imaynotbehere4long
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:20 pm

8bitmushroom wrote:I mean was that really necessary?
The topic is "Current signature ORIGINS," so yes.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

HenryRichard
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:37 pm

My signature is really short - It's just one of the best quotes ever from Terraria, and then my project.
8bitmushroom wrote:
Imaynotbehere4long wrote:Image
I mean was that really necessary?
Just as necessary as you asking if it's necessary.
Jesus is my savior.

Navi
Nipper
Nipper

Postby Navi » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:13 am

Ok.. Memorabilia is for the IRC quotes.
Supporting is for the projects I support...
And the last is an image gallery.
Below is a Touhou Mario 2 userbar.
Hello~ I'm previously known as Alex48, or by crunch40 for very old people.

Memorabilia:
<Legend-tony980> And I'm sexually impure.
== broadband was kicked from #teatime by Gohan [eww broadband]
"I don't have time for this, sorry" ~ Joey 2015
<reghrhre> close, ronald garcia

Crusher: kedy (the adjective) means rude or mean
kedy (the verb) means to ban/kick/kickban
kedy (the noun) means bad leader

now, see you in 3 years when im finally unbanned
xD

[Friday, May 01, 2015 6:12 PM] Crusher169: Kedy-kun-kawaii-desu-san-chan-sensai-senpai
Good morning/afternoon/noon/evening/night/midnight/dawn to everyone!
Supporting:
bossedit8's project:
Touhou Mario 2
OPEN SESAME:

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:32 am

Contests and support! And a future walkthrough of my episode! All in Vinyl's color

Before joey gets onto me for this message, I have a fair reason to! The code is even in my signature!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:22 am

So can you explain why?

Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Superiorstar » Mon May 25, 2015 7:35 pm

I got some new quote and a weird screen, sadly, the old projects are gone now and so are some of the people I used to work with, either left the forum or were banned.
I still remember the time when I first joined this forum...
ImageImage

One day, we will paint with our minds.
it's been a minute since I've cared about this place, I'll have to do some catching up
If there is a 999 limit on characters, what's the limit on images?

Aristo
Cecil
Cecil
Flair: Pachinko
Pronouns: they/them

Postby Aristo » Mon May 25, 2015 7:41 pm

See Castlewar's current signature.

The rest is just funny irc quotes and stuff I support.
Run before you walk, fly before you crawl.

Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Pseudo » Tue May 26, 2015 12:28 am

First line is a bit of an artifact from back in 2012 when I was SUuuuuUUUPER ZOMG into ponies - not that I don't still support love & tolerance as concepts.

Second line seems to confuse people a lot; it's a reference to (or an example of, I suppose) the old Pretty Cool Guy meme.

Third line is an alternate version of the Jesus signature copy pasta.

Fourth line is the results of a pony personality test that was popular a while back.

Fifth line is, obviously, promotion for the NSMBX forums.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Keddy
Flurry
Flurry
Flair: ここはお前の住む世界ではない!

Postby Keddy » Tue May 26, 2015 12:47 am

Alex48 wrote:Ok.. Memorabilia is for the IRC quotes.
heh, lol
A visual representation of approximately how long it would take for me to actually complete an SMBX level.
-It's origin comes from the fact I rarely even look at an SMBX level window anymore.
A reoccurring joke from the new Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V
-I just love watching this anime, found a visual quote of it, and decided to share.
A cryptic message describing exactly what a signature is and it's most infamous limitation on these forums.
-It's in a language only me and several others actually know and use. It bares a close resemblance to Spanish, French, German and other European language. Oh, and good luck finding a translator for it =p
Last edited by Keddy on Tue May 26, 2015 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
If my grammar ever seems bad, that's because me vale bien y bonito! :v
meme t1me: show

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue May 26, 2015 12:48 am

Alright, let's see here:
  • A signature that MarioMaster7771 made me way back in 2013. It was originally made to be a banner for my Pouetpu-Games profile, but it works as a signture, too.
  • A little bit of text about myself. It used to be different, and it was what I had since around October of 2014, so I decided to change it a little.
  • A meme joke that's an inside joke among a couple friends in the SMF community.
  • A gif of Mr. Krabs as a conductor during the Clams episode of Spongebob.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Tue May 26, 2015 2:57 am

First up is an irc quote.

Then there's blatant advertising.

Then there are a few images, in order they're the support thing for SMB1X for obvious reasons, something from Splatoon because it's the best thing ever and something that AeroMatter made that sums up some users from this community fairly well.
im a girl yo

Return to “Sandbox”