[Poll] General Political Thread.

Off-topic discussion.

Who would be a good president?

Mario
7
28%
Luigi
11
44%
Fat Albert
7
28%
 
Total votes: 25
User avatar
Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2156
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:16 pm

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election & General Politics/Events

Postby Valtteri » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:04 pm

A Trump presidency could be bad for Finland as Trump has expressed ambivalence on supporting the Baltics against Russia and the Baltics being close to Finland that would create a security threat. So I do kind of care. Plus he is a lunatic and I will speak my mind to someone who supports him.
Image

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4572
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election & General Politics/Events

Postby Aero » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:15 pm

We're not your baby sitter, defend yourselves. The cold war is over.

User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election & General Politics/Events

Postby Danny » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:36 pm

AeroMatter wrote:We're not your baby sitter, defend yourselves. The cold war is over.
The point is to not start wars.

Also, is it really "discussion" when all you do is push your political viewpoints and completely shoot down the others without giving some proper discussion to topics? That's not discussion, that's cynicism.
And I don't think age and place of origin really give you a right to dismiss anyone's argument. Everything is fair game.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

User avatar
mechamind
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 720
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:56 pm
Flair: You can set your mind to it!

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election & General Politics/Events

Postby mechamind » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:54 pm

I don't think we have to worry about Trump, because again I expect he'll be assassinated if elected.

In his place, another candidate who would also bankrupt the nation, possibly even quicker than Trump. I want to say that Hillary's fiscal policies are slightly better than Trump's, but regardless they would still bring the nation down, so they're not worth it either.

It's either Stein or skunked, but it looks like it's going to be skunked.
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

* * * * *

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election & General Politics/Events

Postby Danny » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:02 pm

mechamind wrote:I don't think we have to worry about Trump, because again I expect he'll be assassinated if elected.
Be careful where you say that though, because people have already gotten arrested or visited by the FBI because of it.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4572
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election & General Politics/Events

Postby Aero » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:05 pm

NATO was a MAD strategy to prevent war with the USSR. The USSR doesn't exist anymore. It should instead be used for counter terrorism because that's the issue facing the world now the Communism is dead. Clearly it's not important enough for the majority of member nations to cough up at least 2% of their GDP for defense so it just goes to show how worried they are about Russia taking over Europe.

User avatar
mechamind
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 720
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:56 pm
Flair: You can set your mind to it!

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election & General Politics/Events

Postby mechamind » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:52 pm

Syndrilevosse wrote:Be careful where you say that though, because people have already gotten arrested or visited by the FBI because of it.
Perhaps establishment Republicans just want to make his fate less predictable? Many of them would rather support Hillary than Trump, but they'd also rather support their preferred Republican candidate over Hillary.

Just a thought on what they'd do, and physically possible compared to the animated GIF.
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

* * * * *

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

User avatar
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election & General Politics/Events

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:29 am

mechamind wrote:I don't think we have to worry about Trump, because again I expect he'll be assassinated if elected.
This thread may be for open discussion but please keep this kind of thing out of here.

User avatar
Bluigi
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:43 pm
Contact:

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election & General Politics/Events

Postby Bluigi » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:37 am

Joey wrote:
mechamind wrote:I don't think we have to worry about Trump, because again I expect he'll be assassinated if elected.
This thread may be for open discussion but please keep this kind of thing out of here.
Why? I also consider this possible.

User avatar
mechamind
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 720
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:56 pm
Flair: You can set your mind to it!

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election & General Politics/Events

Postby mechamind » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:40 am

Looks like I've found the gray area. Alright, I'll stop talking about that one.
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

* * * * *

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election & General Politics/Events

Postby Danny » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:06 pm

Bluigi wrote:
Joey wrote:
mechamind wrote:I don't think we have to worry about Trump, because again I expect he'll be assassinated if elected.
This thread may be for open discussion but please keep this kind of thing out of here.
Why? I also consider this possible.
Possible or not, it's actually grounds for you to get into legal trouble.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4572
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election & General Politics/Events

Postby Aero » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:43 pm


User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election & General Politics/Events

Postby Danny » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:59 pm

AeroMatter wrote:
If you don't want to talk about biased people, don't rope PJW's content into here.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4572
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election & General Politics/Events

Postby Aero » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:29 pm

If you would watch the video PJW doesn't appear in it.

User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election & General Politics/Events

Postby Danny » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:39 am

AeroMatter wrote:If you would watch the video PJW doesn't appear in it.
Syndrilevosse wrote:PJW's content
Image
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4572
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election & General Politics/Events

Postby Aero » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:37 am

TRAPPED IN MYSELF



BODY MY HOLDING CELL

Image

*GUITAR*

User avatar
mechamind
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 720
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:56 pm
Flair: You can set your mind to it!

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election & General Politics/Events

Postby mechamind » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:45 pm

You know...the voter turnout can only drop so far before third parties gain the advantage.
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

* * * * *

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

User avatar
Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5543
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 am
Current Project: ???

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election & General Politics/Events

Postby Pseudo » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:16 pm

Say what you will about Clinton, she may very well be a corrupt criminal with the media and polling agencies in her pocket for all I care, and she certainly does represent the establishment, but at least she's not a likely rapist.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016


User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4572
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election & General Politics/Events

Postby Aero » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:25 pm

Right, she defends them in court lmao.

User avatar
Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5543
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 am
Current Project: ???

Re: [POLL] 2016 American Election

Postby Pseudo » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:19 pm

She was a defense attorney, it was her job. She defended alleged rapists, those who are charged with crimes but have not yet been convicted, which is a critical part of the criminal justice system. It was her job to show that the defendants were not rapists, not to defend those who are known to be rapists. You could say that Trump has not been convicted, but he essentially bragged about it in the 2005 conversation with Billy Bush, which I'd say is a bit different than being charged.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016



Return to “Sandbox”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cedur and 2 guests