Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

I have made monsters out of everyone. Should this be locked?

Poll ended at Mon May 18, 2015 10:48 pm

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes: 17
GhostHawk
Chat Username: Aero

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby GhostHawk » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:55 pm

There's been a few shitposts and suggestion-type responses, which isn't really the point of the topic. Please keep it to unpopular opinions and discussion of them.

Maxjacinto2
Spiny
Spiny
Chat Username: Steeeeeeeeer_

Postby Maxjacinto2 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:23 pm

I personally don't think neither SMB3 or SMW are as good as people make them to be. Of course, I'm not saying the games are bad, hell, SMW is one of the platformers I have the best memories of (mainly because of the time I spent playing it with my cousin), and some of their levels are truly amazing, but, as a whole, I don't think they are like the holy grail of platformers. :/
Check out my upcoming episode: The Return of The Shogun

thehelmetguy1
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: The Invasion ln [(π*420/e²)] + log (69*1337¹³)
Chat Username: Thg1

Postby thehelmetguy1 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:18 pm

Bump time
I actually enjoy unbalanced games that go towards the player's favor. Yes, they are easy and give little challenge, but I just have fun messing around with these games
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature
Spoiler: show

Join my discord server!

Oshi
Grinder
Grinder
Current Project: Mostly nothing

Postby Oshi » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:17 pm

Oh boy it's the no-no thread again take cover everybody

I don't think Roblox is as bad as people make it out to be. Sure, sometimes you might run into a couple of idiots from time to time, or the overpriced stuff, but there are some pretty good games that I would actually recommend checking out.
My favorite-est quotes:
Me from a long time ago wrote:Any graphics pack that has memes or Pokémon in I'm down for. I love them both! :lol:
Danny wrote:
Ryaa wrote:
xDestroy wrote: top 10 anime betrayals
top 10 top 10s
top 10 dannys in your neighborhood
"Look at the place from where you pee and you will find out your gender." ~TheNewGuy 2018
HackPlayer7 wrote: ''Kirby The Hedgehog is my favorite Pokemon from The Legend Of Bubsy & Knuckles featuring Dante from the Metal Gear series.''
projects I support: show

TheLoafLord
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: POSSIBLE REWRITE IN NEAR FUTURE
Chat Username: TheLoafLord

Postby TheLoafLord » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:55 am

Musicality_Minister45 wrote:I don't think Roblox is as bad as people make it out to be. Sure, sometimes you might run into a couple of idiots from time to time, or the overpriced stuff, but there are some pretty good games that I would actually recommend checking out.
It wasn't bad in 2008. You see, I was a very early user on ROBLOX and back then it was beautiful. No trends, no children, no OVER THE TOP FRICKING FILTERS, just pure fun. But over the years it worsened with clickbait, trends, and the removal of Tix (Which mind you was a massive mistake, making ROBLOX lose massive amounts of players.). Now-a-days, you head onto ROBLOX and the front page is covered in horribly rushed games expecting loads of Robux for petty in-game purchases. The current trend seems to be simulators, with poorly made "time-wasters" that have no true replay value at all.

When you think about it, the game producer minority of ROBLOX are manipulating the users knowing full well about 3/4 quarters of ROBLOX players are extremely young, and they're using that to their advantage. Most of the very well made games seem to never have more than 100/200 players playing, because everyone is too busy playing all the trashy clickbait games and trendy time-wasters. I still play ROBLOX, but I hide it from people because I get called out as "Young and toxic", when, truth is, I'm not at all young OR toxic.

I only play ROBLOX for a few games that I treasure because they're well made and have good replay value. Here are a few I play:
  • Base Wars (Made in 2008, first game I played. [Fun fact: I'm still trash at it.])
  • Survive Area 51 (I know, it sounds cringy, but you see, this game blew up back in early 2010 and it was pretty fun. I play it for nostalgia value.)
  • Survive the Disasters (A true classic. I used to dedicate a lot of time to this game, it was great fun. I still play it for the nostalgia.)
  • Catalog Heaven (Another beauty made in 2010, I actually haven't played it in a while.)
  • Find the Domos (This one sadly dosen't have good replay value, but it was a huge blast back then in early 2011 so I still treasure it.)

HE'S BACK

You wouldn't believe how fast I became a Metroid fan. I guess you could say I Shineparked into the series.

A bunch of virtually pointless but cool quotes from popular culture:

The name's Saxton Hale, CEO of Mann Co, and the Mann who's gonna burn this place to the ground! - Saxton Hale

I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS, WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?! - Cave Johnson

RROOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - Shrek

Here is my stuff (Project, some graphic edits and recolours, ect.)

[/center]

Also, here is stuff I support!

[/center]

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: levels?
Location: If i told you I ride polar bears would you really need to ask?
Chat Username: WildWEEGEE

Postby WildWEEGEE » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:26 am

The_Loaf_Lord wrote: [*]Survive the Disasters (A true classic. I used to dedicate a lot of time to this game, it was great fun. I still play it for the nostalgia
You’re taking me Waaayyyyyyyyyy back. You know that new trashy knock off of it “natural disaster islands” or whatever it is? How did that become popular?
I believe in Nothing as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
I support: show
ImageImage
I might not be as active anymore because of some personal issues so please understand that.

TheLoafLord
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby TheLoafLord » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:52 am

WildWEEGEE wrote:
The_Loaf_Lord wrote: [*]Survive the Disasters (A true classic. I used to dedicate a lot of time to this game, it was great fun. I still play it for the nostalgia
You’re taking me Waaayyyyyyyyyy back. You know that new trashy knock off of it “natural disaster islands” or whatever it is? How did that become popular?
Natural Disaster Survival actually came out in 2008 (I still play that one too, should have mentioned.).

Survive the Disasters was actually the "rip-off" here.

HE'S BACK

You wouldn't believe how fast I became a Metroid fan. I guess you could say I Shineparked into the series.

The name's Saxton Hale, CEO of Mann Co, and the Mann who's gonna burn this place to the ground! - Saxton Hale

I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS, WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?! - Cave Johnson

[/center]

[/center]

TheNewGuy
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: Desert ruins (level)
Chat Username: TNG

Postby TheNewGuy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:08 am

Yeah I did play roblox and the reason I loved it was the tycoon maps.
I started playing in 2012 but ended in late 2012- early 2013
I believe in my signature as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

MarioRPGExpert93
Wart
Wart
Current Project: Saving up for a Windows 10 laptop irl! :D
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby MarioRPGExpert93 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:04 am

Here's my Unpopular opinion:

I think Naruto should of ended after the original series ended! Yeah, fight me you otakus

Mario RPGs I owned: 08/12

Main Goals in Mario RPGs (04/12 goals accomplished): show
  • Complete Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Master all Bros. Attacks in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
  • Collect all 256 cards in Super Paper Mario
  • 100% Paper Mario 64
  • Complete Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Finish Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story in under 24 hours worth of playtime
  • Complete Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Deathless, and NO LIFE SHROOMS!
  • Play through Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a BP only run
Current amount of $$$ until I get a new Windows 10 Laptop: $772.00
My Sprite Art
My Main YouTube (Warning: No SMBX content!)
My 2nd YouTube (Warning: No SMBX content!)
TSR/VG Resource/MFGG: PaperWilliam
I have Autism & ADHD. Hardcore 90's kid who's born in 93! 8-)

Amine Retro
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Amine Retro » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:21 am

I hate people who refer to dogs as "doggo" and "pupper", these words feel so cringy.

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: levels?
Location: If i told you I ride polar bears would you really need to ask?
Chat Username: WildWEEGEE

Postby WildWEEGEE » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:19 am

The_Loaf_Lord wrote:
WildWEEGEE wrote:
Natural Disaster Survival actually came out in 2008 (I still play that one too, should have mentioned.).

Survive the Disasters was actually the "rip-off" here.
I forgot the names

I haven’t played roblox in over a year and a half but whatever came first is the one I played
I believe in Nothing as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
I support: show
ImageImage
I might not be as active anymore because of some personal issues so please understand that.

Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: Super Luigi World.
Chat Username: SL

Postby Super Luigi! » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:36 am

Amine Retro wrote:I hate people who refer to dogs as "doggo" and "pupper", these words feel so cringy.
Those names truly are strange. Why don't we just call people "humanners" and "childrellies" while we're at it?

This might not be an unpopular opinion, but I prefer physical copies of games.
Projects I support:
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

Electriking
Wart
Wart
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre, and perhaps some other thing
Chat Username: Electriking

Postby Electriking » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:29 pm

Amine Retro wrote:I hate people who refer to dogs as "doggo" and "pupper", these words feel so cringy.
Never heard of those names being used.
Super Luigi! wrote:This might not be an unpopular opinion, but I prefer physical copies of games.
They also don't take storage space (assuming you are not using an Xbox or PlayStation)
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show

Pop Yoshi Bros
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Postby Pop Yoshi Bros » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:12 pm

Electriking wrote:
Never heard of those names being used.
Oh man, even if mine is not a english speaker country I've definitely heard these names being used by a friend

My project:

TheLoafLord
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby TheLoafLord » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:34 pm

Come on, dogs are so cute and deserve to be treated like kings (And queens, I suppose.).

HE'S BACK

[/center]

[/center]

Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: Super Luigi World.
Chat Username: SL

Postby Super Luigi! » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:06 am

I do like dogs, but I refuse to call them those names.

Has anyone ever eaten Pringles? I think they are tasty. An unpopular opinion of this could be that Pringles are better than Doritos.
Projects I support:
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

TheLoafLord
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby TheLoafLord » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:24 am

Super Luigi! wrote:Has anyone ever eaten Pringles? I think they are tasty. An unpopular opinion of this could be that Pringles are better than Doritos.
I agree. Doritos aren't even that good.

HE'S BACK

[/center]

[/center]

Oshi
Grinder
Grinder
Current Project: Mostly nothing

Postby Oshi » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:18 pm

The_Loaf_Lord wrote:It wasn't bad in 2008. You see, I was a very early user on ROBLOX and back then it was beautiful. No trends (1), no children (2), no OVER THE TOP FRICKING FILTERS (3), just pure fun. But over the years it worsened with clickbait (4), trends, and the removal of Tix (5) (Which mind you was a massive mistake, making ROBLOX lose massive amounts of players.). Now-a-days, you head onto ROBLOX and the front page is covered in horribly rushed games expecting loads of Robux for petty in-game purchases. The current trend seems to be simulators, with poorly made "time-wasters" that have no true replay value at all (6).

When you think about it, the game producer minority of ROBLOX are manipulating the users knowing full well about 3/4 quarters of ROBLOX players are extremely young, and they're using that to their advantage (7). Most of the very well made games seem to never have more than 100/200 players playing, because everyone is too busy playing all the trashy clickbait games and trendy time-wasters (8). I still play ROBLOX, but I hide it from people because I get called out as "Young and toxic", when, truth is, I'm not at all young OR toxic (9).

I only play ROBLOX for a few games that I treasure because they're well made and have good replay value. Here are a few I play:
  • Base Wars (Made in 2008, first game I played. [Fun fact: I'm still trash at it.])
  • Survive Area 51 (I know, it sounds cringy, but you see, this game blew up back in early 2010 and it was pretty fun. I play it for nostalgia value.)
  • Survive the Disasters (A true classic. I used to dedicate a lot of time to this game, it was great fun. I still play it for the nostalgia.)
  • Catalog Heaven (Another beauty made in 2010, I actually haven't played it in a while.)
  • Find the Domos (This one sadly dosen't have good replay value, but it was a huge blast back then in early 2011 so I still treasure it.)
(1) I don't know what you mean by trends. You mean trends like memes? It wasn't stated clearly enough.

(2) Okay, there is a lot of kids in Roblox, but I don't see why that would be a big problem. I mean, almost anywhere you go on the internet your gonna have to deal with kids from time to time. And I know that the audience for the game is mainly very young, but again, it's something your just gonna have to deal with.

(3) I have to admit that the filters are really wonky and censor things that aren't even bad. Examples: Numbers, sometimes links (although it might be anti-advertising but still), and also things like Discord (I have no idea why), ect. They should definitely revamp this.

(4) Clickbait is honestly not as big as a concern for me. Even though I am aware it exists, I feel pretty eh about it.

(5) The removal of Tix might of actually had a pretty good reason. Look at the bolded text in this quote:
As a result of tix being removed extreme amounts of players that can't spend money are trying to steal other player's accounts in hopes to get robux. However, around 2017, players began speculating that the true reason that ROBLOX removed tickets, were due to players using bot accounts to obtain free tickets.
This would have caused a lot more problems than what did happen. Not much else I can say other than that (because I am actually relatively new to Roblox)

(6) I might see where you are coming from with that, but I don't see a lot of the simulators as I do now. And some of those simulators are actually not that bad, e.x. Mining Simulator, and most of them I would personally replay. And they are certainly not rushed either, the creators obviously put actual time into creating them. Of course they are going to be asking for a good amount of Robux, as it is the only efficient way to get it without spending hundreds of dollars.

(7) This is a bad thing? I mean, I personally think that it is wise to appeal to young audiences, as it's the biggest market on Roblox. I can't see why this would be something to look down upon.

(8) Good games need more attention than they need, but I think it's because they're outshined by other games, such as Jailbreak, which is also pretty good. Also, I don't know why you are refering to these other games as "clickbait" or "trendy" because they really aren't.

(9) What. That's not at all true.

Also, for the record, I didn't come here to argue whether or not Roblox is good, I just came to say that it's not the worst thing ever.
My favorite-est quotes:
Me from a long time ago wrote:Any graphics pack that has memes or Pokémon in I'm down for. I love them both! :lol:
Danny wrote:
Ryaa wrote:
xDestroy wrote: top 10 anime betrayals
top 10 top 10s
top 10 dannys in your neighborhood
"Look at the place from where you pee and you will find out your gender." ~TheNewGuy 2018
HackPlayer7 wrote: ''Kirby The Hedgehog is my favorite Pokemon from The Legend Of Bubsy & Knuckles featuring Dante from the Metal Gear series.''
projects I support: show

Panda
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Panda » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:50 pm

Your response almost sounds biased...
⠀⠰⡿⠿⠛⠛⠻⠿⣷
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣤⣄⣀⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠛⣿⣿⣿⡛⠿⠷
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠿⠿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠁

⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣷⣄⠀⢶⣶⣷⣶⣶⣤⣀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠻⠗
⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣴⣶⡄
⠀⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣥⣶⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠛⠃
⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄
⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡁
⠈⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠟
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉

TheLoafLord
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby TheLoafLord » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:05 pm

Panda wrote:Your response almost sounds biased...
⠀⠰⡿⠿⠛⠛⠻⠿⣷
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣤⣄⣀⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠛⣿⣿⣿⡛⠿⠷
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠿⠿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠁

⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣷⣄⠀⢶⣶⣷⣶⣶⣤⣀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠻⠗
⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣴⣶⡄
⠀⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣥⣶⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠛⠃
⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄
⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡁
⠈⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠟
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉
I've seen the face of God.

HE'S BACK

[/center]

[/center]

Return to “Sandbox”