Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

I have made monsters out of everyone. Should this be locked?

Poll ended at Mon May 18, 2015 10:48 pm

Yes
4
24%
No
13
76%
 
Total votes: 17
User avatar
Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2359
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:01 am
Flair: Martyr of SMBXdom
Chat Username: Aristo

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Aristo » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:44 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:He's not shoving it down anyone's throats. He's stating his opinion. Left wing opinions can be controversial too, you know. Just not to most of you all because you guys agree with most of it, I'll assume.
He's literally jumping at every opportunity he can get to argue with people, and when he gets proven wrong he either starts ignoring the person that did so or starts talking shit. This has happened multiple times throughout most threads revolving around stuff like social issues, and seeing as he always seems to find a complaint about what people say I'm starting to think he's just doing it for the sake of being controversial and picking up fights. It's already gotten to the point where even Joey has told him to lay off.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Danny » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:50 pm

DannyDee wrote:I didn't write this, by the way, it's a quote from another source. I actually love the Beatles, but were they are definitely over-rated and thousands of bands have made better music than they have in terms of technicality and creativity.
If it was a quote in the first place, you should have had that duly noted in the beginning or end of your post so people wouldn't respond to it just so you could point out any fallacies they make. That makes you out to be a douchebag.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

User avatar
DannyDee
Banned
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:37 pm

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby DannyDee » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:57 pm

I'm beginning to think that this thread is bait to try and wind everyone up.
8bitmushroom wrote:
DannyDee wrote:I didn't write this, by the way, it's a quote from another source. I actually love the Beatles, but were they are definitely over-rated and thousands of bands have made better music than they have in terms of technicality and creativity.
If it was a quote in the first place, you should have had that duly noted in the beginning or end of your post so people wouldn't respond to it just so you could point out any fallacies they make. That makes you out to be a douchebag.
Not really. You choosing not to respond to any of my points I just made after your post just goes to show that your side of the argument didn't really hold up that well.
TNTtimelord wrote:He's not shoving it down anyone's throats. He's stating his opinion. Left wing opinions can be controversial too, you know. Just not to most of you all because you guys agree with most of it, I'll assume.
Are you right wing? ;)

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4490
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Aero » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:40 pm

Marina wrote:It's already gotten to the point where even Joey has told him to lay off.
sleepy wrote:
Marina wrote:
green boy wrote:in my opinion Hitler was a very very bad man and the nazis were also bad
Ok but that's not really an unpopular opinion (meaning an opinion that the majority of people doesn't share)
some people might be against it though

like GhostHawk the Neo Nazi
What?

Also my opinions could be argued as extremely far left or right wing. For example when people say I'm a Neo-Nazi they assume that's on the far right and that's the end of the story. It's not because a Nazi is simply a term for a National Socialist. Some would say Nationalism is right wing enough to make Nazis right wing, but others say the left wing nature of Socialism makes Nazism left wing. Both groups are partially correct in their arguments I would say. In Hitler's Germany he had power concentrated onto him, which goes against everything I believe about how government power should be structured. At the same time he fought for his people and wanted to make Germans brave through peace, and fought to end the social equivalent of the Great Depression. Nationalism, I can get behind because I see that the nation is as good as its people and hence everything should be done to allow those people to thrive and prevent outside groups from taking advantage of the people. So at that, National Socialism is a mixed bag so it should be treated as such, and not as inherently right wing.

I don't call myself a Nationalist of any sort, and identify mostly as a Constitutional Libertarian. The only brands of Nationalism I would ever consider would be just plain Nationalism or Civic Nationalism. That's it.
As long as one man goes hungry nobody should eat until everyone is full.

User avatar
DannyDee
Banned
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:37 pm

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby DannyDee » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:47 pm

joey is a fat bully

User avatar
Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:47 pm
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind
Current Project: People will only care about certain facts just as long as they backup their own beliefs.
Chat Username: Hello#3856

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:49 pm

I think my Flippy Ghost Hut from Tower of Biased 4 was too bashed upon in that old as fuck contest
It ended up getting Joke Level-Tier even though it's a legit level with an original gimmick
It was just an original gimmick made poorly
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.
Image

Image
RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
Image
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.
Image
Image

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

User avatar
Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Posts: 905
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:54 am

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Bomber57 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:53 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:I think my Flippy Ghost Hut from Tower of Biased 4 was too bashed upon in that old as fuck contest
It ended up getting Joke Level-Tier even though it's a legit level with an original gimmick
It was just an original gimmick made poorly
I had absolute hell getting through that level Vinyl :<
Living explosives, prone to destroying themselves along with their enemies with their powerful "Self-Destruct." Bombs take the rage built up by being attacked and transform it into energy. This, in turn, makes them grow, sometimes to incredible sizes.

~<3 TNT

<Joey> you want a dickpic
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over

User avatar
MarioLuigiToadAndToad
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby MarioLuigiToadAndToad » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:04 pm

DannyDee wrote:I'm beginning to think that this thread is bait to try and wind everyone up.
Actually, no.

Yes, this is a Thread where you share your controversial thoughts, and people are surprised that this is coming for an actual human being.
But I didn't make this thread because I wanted everyone to hate everyone, I made this because I thought it would be fun to know that people may
or may not have the same opinion as you. And the thrill of someone else having your opinion feels great, while another one sees that one who sees that said member
DOESN'T agree with you, they may be a bit pissed off. And if they choose to vent their anger on others in a rude, disgusting way, then they will be reported. And that's their fault.

You're probably wondering "Well that's what Facebook and Twitter is for. Sharing opinions openly with others."
Well, this topic is also titled "Free Speech", and part of free speech is no worries of others being upset with you. Most likely on Facebook you are friends with other family members, and
if you say something like "I believe that the cop during the the Ferguson trial had the right to shoot him, and that he feared for his life", a family member will mention this IRL during dinner time
or something, and everyone will go to bed without dessert. Also, I think that maybe, just MAYBE, if we all knew each other little more, we'd all be closer together as a community.
I was surprised that this place didn't have a "Chat Room" and "Share your Social Media and/or YouTube User Names" thread. I think that this is one of the many threads that
are necessary to the community, and I'd love to see others make the threads that I just mentioned. Because after the experience I saw here, I think it's
safe to say that it is super necessary.

As for the any future/present trolls on this thread, I hope you choke on your dinner tonight. Just don't die please

User avatar
Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:47 pm
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind
Current Project: People will only care about certain facts just as long as they backup their own beliefs.
Chat Username: Hello#3856

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Bomber57 wrote:
Vinyl Scratch wrote:I think my Flippy Ghost Hut from Tower of Biased 4 was too bashed upon in that old as fuck contest
It ended up getting Joke Level-Tier even though it's a legit level with an original gimmick
It was just an original gimmick made poorly
I had absolute hell getting through that level Vinyl :<
But that doesn't mean it deserves joke-level tier :<
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.
Image

Image
RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
Image
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.
Image
Image

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

User avatar
JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2467
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby JupiHornet » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:26 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
Bomber57 wrote:
Vinyl Scratch wrote:I think my Flippy Ghost Hut from Tower of Biased 4 was too bashed upon in that old as fuck contest
It ended up getting Joke Level-Tier even though it's a legit level with an original gimmick
It was just an original gimmick made poorly
I had absolute hell getting through that level Vinyl :<
But that doesn't mean it deserves joke-level tier :<
idk man i saw as303298 play it and it looked really bad no offense :/
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

User avatar
TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby TLtimelord » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:36 pm

Marina and 8bitmushroom: I identify myself as Independant. I just never payed attention to Ghosthawk's arguments.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

User avatar
Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:47 pm
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind
Current Project: People will only care about certain facts just as long as they backup their own beliefs.
Chat Username: Hello#3856

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:09 pm

Turtwig wrote:idk man i saw as303298 play it and it looked really bad no offense :/
It was bad, but it wasn't as bad as people during the contest said it was, especially with levels that it shared in the same tier
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.
Image

Image
RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
Image
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.
Image
Image

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

User avatar
Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Magician » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:49 pm

I enjoyed that level, the flaws notwithstanding.

The fact that I can still go back to it and play it and STILL be like "What the fuck do I do even?" amuses me a lot, though I suppose that's not to most people's tastes. I did appreciate how carefully you made me think around what I needed to do in the level.
I guess that makes it an UNPOPULAR OPINION. *plays theme song*

Anyway a few things:

-The escalation of the human population is going to need to stop at some point. We should focus on improving the quality of lives and carbon footprints of people who already exist before we concern ourselves with productivity and general reproduction for their own sakes. (Not to say I think people should be forced to stop reproducing or anything, but I'm appealing to human responsibility and consideration to our future here. I especially don't understand some of the panic over declining birth rates in some areas. It's like... chill.)

-The way we treat our children is silly. We project our imaginings of the utmost fragility and innocence onto them, we lie to them, and we coddle them, and we don't respect them. Which is weird to me because everyone was a child at some point in their life. It's like people just forget how nonsensically adults would seem to behave towards them when they were children, or they grow to accept that behaviour as normal and perpetuate it. I think it's possible to have a healthy understanding of what children are capable of and need to be taught, without inherently just treating them as if they are adults. Then again, some adults you actually do have to treat like children because they're caught in the notion that their age makes them superior and they become hypersensitive to anyone younger than them.

User avatar
MarioLuigiToadAndToad
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby MarioLuigiToadAndToad » Fri May 01, 2015 2:21 am

DannyDee wrote:joey is a fat bully
Congradulations! You are our first lucky memeber to be reported on this thread. How lucky does it feel to be you?


EDIT:
Im stupid. He's already banned... Oops.

User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Danny » Fri May 01, 2015 4:25 am

TNTtimelord wrote:Marina and 8bitmushroom: I identify myself as Independant. I just never payed attention to Ghosthawk's arguments.
Friend I did not say anything involving your political views.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

User avatar
Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2359
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:01 am
Flair: Martyr of SMBXdom
Chat Username: Aristo

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Aristo » Fri May 01, 2015 5:28 am

TNTtimelord wrote:Marina and 8bitmushroom: I identify myself as Independant. I just never payed attention to Ghosthawk's arguments.
The hell dude, I never said anything against you defending GH, I just responded to your claim about him. You're still my buddy, pal... bro............ dude :3
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Mable » Fri May 01, 2015 5:34 am

IMO i hate people who come up with something to me like "OMG YOUR A TURK GO FUCK YOURSELF AND GO BACK IN YOUR FUCKING HOMELAND BEFORE YOU KILL US" which happens a lot on my daily routine. Mostly in munich.

User avatar
Yoshibrothers
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 673
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Yoshibrothers » Fri May 01, 2015 6:02 am

Nobody deserves to be happy unless they've lived a worthy life to earn it. Thing is, most people are never really happy. We are not entitled to happiness. It isn't something you can just pick up. Its something you need to truly work for.
Image
I've returned.

User avatar
Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1855
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:30 am
Current Project: Utopia
Chat Username: SquishyRex

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Squishy Rex » Fri May 01, 2015 6:07 am

Yoshibrothers wrote:Nobody deserves to be happy unless they've lived a worthy life to earn it. Thing is, most people are never really happy. We are not entitled to happiness. It isn't something you can just pick up. Its something you need to truly work for.
Amen to that. Happiness comes from achievement, achievement comes from hard work. No hard work, means no satisfaction.
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Image
Coming soon!

User avatar
TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby TLtimelord » Fri May 01, 2015 8:12 am

Marina wrote:
TNTtimelord wrote:Marina and 8bitmushroom: I identify myself as Independant. I just never payed attention to Ghosthawk's arguments.
The hell dude, I never said anything against you defending GH, I just responded to your claim about him. You're still my buddy, pal... bro............ dude :3
8bitmushroom wrote:
TNTtimelord wrote:Marina and 8bitmushroom: I identify myself as Independant. I just never payed attention to Ghosthawk's arguments.
Friend I did not say anything involving your political views.
Man you guys are being way to crazy about my comment. And also, yes you did 8bit. You asked if I was right wing.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start


Return to “Sandbox”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests