Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Off-topic discussion.

I have made monsters out of everyone. Should this be locked?

Poll ended at Mon May 18, 2015 10:48 pm

Yes
4
24%
No
13
76%
 
Total votes: 17
User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4621
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Aero » Fri May 01, 2015 9:18 am

TNTtimelord wrote:And also, yes you did 8bit. You asked if I was right wing.
That was DannyDee, not Danny.

User avatar
Yoshibrothers
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 673
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Yoshibrothers » Fri May 01, 2015 9:25 am

Grand Theft Auto V isn't that good. It has a lot going for it, but ehhhhhhh I can't say much about it.
Image
I've returned.

StrikeForcer
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby StrikeForcer » Fri May 01, 2015 9:44 am

Shmuckles97 wrote:
StrikeForcer wrote: -Not everyone has the right to express an opinion, especially opinions that are slanderous.
-Echochambers lead to repetitive rhetoric and make the conversation take a dark turn.
-Moderators do not have the right to censor someone's argument.
-"Hate speech" has a place in civil conversation.
How do these go together?
Primarily was copy-pasting past opinions of mine from another forum. But if you want to know how it goes together, think of any debate you get yourself involved in with someone online and that you get frustrated with your opposition when they find your argument to be morally objectionable.
Shmuck;es97 wrote:
StrikeForcer wrote: -There is no such thing as a Gender Pay Gap.
-Patriarchy doesn't exist.
-Women have a clearer advantage in society because feminism gives them ammunition, for the detriment of everyone else who oppose them.
These are facts, not opinions. There's plenty of studies explaining the different choices men and women make that influence their wages, and patriarchy/sexism has nothing to do with them. It's mostly to do with what degrees men and women ar egetting, the amount of time men and women work, women being less likely to negotiate their wage. Check this video with sources in the comments for a more detailed and informed analysis:

Funny that you posted this video because I already watch it, but I listed what I said as an opinion because some ignorant people in the world would like to debate that as opinions because backfire effect and that the existence of the gender pay gap may exist in other parts of the world.
Join Insectduel's forum today!: http://insectduel.proboards.com/

User avatar
FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3882
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby FanofSMBX » Fri May 01, 2015 10:18 am

I don't excuse a SMBX episode's flaws simply because it uses SMBX. You wouldn't want me to lessen my expectations of your episode right?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
Spoiler: show
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!


User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Danny » Fri May 01, 2015 12:25 pm

Yoshibrothers wrote:Grand Theft Auto V isn't that good. It has a lot going for it, but ehhhhhhh I can't say much about it.
Have you even played it????
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

User avatar
MarioLuigiToadAndToad
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby MarioLuigiToadAndToad » Fri May 01, 2015 5:39 pm

Here is another one: I think that Call of Duty is overrated.

Don't think I just hate it because I can. I have reasons.

Call of Duty is the same concept no matter which way you look at it.
You're in a war, you have a gun, you shoot people/NPC.
PVP? You are in zone, you have a gun, you shoot people.

I would give this game more justice. I would love to not have any games to hate.
But the fact that Activision won't make anymore concepts at least a tad bit foreign
to the it's predecessor, that'd be great. I've played the game a few times.
And all those times, I put down the controller. I never even bought the game
with my own money. I played it at a friends house because the game didn't
seem worthy of any cash I happen to have on me. Maybe I'd like it more if
it wasn't for the stupid 12 year-olds clogging the Xbox Live servers with their highish low annoying
voices screaming "I JUST DID A 360 NOSCOPE SWAG 420 BLAZE IT YOLO".


I will let go on CoD by saying this:

IGN, stop giving reviews of this game more than a 9.0. It makes you look like Activision
is paying some journalist from to give CoD a higher score so some stupid Father out there can buy it
for their stupid 12 year old son. TRY to review the gameplay and quality. REVIEW THE STOR- oh yeah.
CALL OF DUTY HAS NO STORY.

User avatar
MrPunchia
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 785
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:51 pm
Flair: stay groovy

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby MrPunchia » Fri May 01, 2015 7:48 pm

bossedit8 wrote:
Sinem wrote:Bossedit smbx is dead it's progress stopped.
But not from creating videos though.


Also my unpopular opinion: School is just driving me insane because it drags out!
IMO, my years of schooling went real quick.

Plus I'm an atheist.
Proud SMBX'er since 2012. After a year of inactivity and in light of B4's release I am attempting to commit myself partially to SMBX once again.

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4100
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri May 01, 2015 9:16 pm

CoD does have a story, it's called the campaign. Three different companies make CoD games, and each company has their own CoD storyline.
Image

XerX
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1495
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:33 pm

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby XerX » Fri May 01, 2015 10:00 pm

MarioLuigiToadAndToad wrote:CoD Rant
Yes, COD is overrated. To me, they are all the same game basically. The fact that Activision and Co still charge over $30 for a 4 year old CoD is kinda stupid if you ask me. Also, they do have a plotline, each of them do.

They're just all...very very....similar.

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2466
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby JupiHornet » Fri May 01, 2015 10:25 pm

Another unpopular opinion:

The FNAF fan base is hated on WAAAAAY too much. But they can also be REAAAAALLY annoying.
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

User avatar
MarioLuigiToadAndToad
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby MarioLuigiToadAndToad » Sat May 02, 2015 2:39 am

XerX wrote:
MarioLuigiToadAndToad wrote:CoD Rant
Yes, COD is overrated. To me, they are all the same game basically. The fact that Activision and Co still charge over $30 for a 4 year old CoD is kinda stupid if you ask me. Also, they do have a plotline, each of them do.

They're just all...very very....similar.
To be fair actually, NSMBW has been around for *Googles* 6 years, and for 4-5 of those years, it had been $50 in USD.
Now, it's $20-$30, which is cool, but what took that long? The only thing I can tell between NSMBW and NSMBU is graphics, enemies, and ONE new power-up. And I think as group I say this, NINTENDO, put the "New" crack down and make us something original and, ironically, NEW. The NSMB series falls under the same category of CoD, but NSMB still manages to be fun. The only REAL problem I find with the NSMB series is CLICHE after CLICHE after CLICHE. Mario 3D World happen to be fun, reminding me of SMB2. (shut the hell up with the doki doki panic thing I know) But we don't need more Mario 3D, or "New" Mario's at all. What we need is another Sunshine-like experience. Different, yet fun to a general group of people.



(Un-Related Unpopular opinion: I think Super Mario World is better than Super Mario Brothers 3. I'll edit this post with my opinions on why latter)


EDIT: Scroll Down for that argument.

Last edited by MarioLuigiToadAndToad on Mon May 04, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Danny » Sat May 02, 2015 12:00 pm

MarioLuigiToadAndToad wrote:(Un-Related Unpopular opinion: I think Super Mario World is better than Super Mario Brothers 3. I'll edit this post with my opinions on why latter)
That's not really an unpopular opinion.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

User avatar
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
Posts: 4301
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat May 02, 2015 2:03 pm

8bitmushroom wrote:
MarioLuigiToadAndToad wrote:(Un-Related Unpopular opinion: I think Super Mario World is better than Super Mario Brothers 3. I'll edit this post with my opinions on why latter)
That's not really an unpopular opinion.
I think it is moreso than not. Some regard Mario 3 as one of the greatest games ever created.

Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:47 pm
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind
Current Project: People will only care about certain facts just as long as they backup their own beliefs.
Chat Username: Hello#3856

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Sun May 03, 2015 9:18 pm

MarioLuigiToadAndToad wrote:(Un-Related Unpopular opinion: I think Super Mario World is better than Super Mario Brothers 3. I'll edit this post with my opinions on why latter)
That's not an opinion, that's the goddamned truth
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.
Image

Image
RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
Image
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.
Image
Image

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

StrikeForcer
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby StrikeForcer » Mon May 04, 2015 9:11 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
MarioLuigiToadAndToad wrote:(Un-Related Unpopular opinion: I think Super Mario World is better than Super Mario Brothers 3. I'll edit this post with my opinions on why latter)
That's not an opinion, that's the goddamned truth
Then why do we have gamers in other communities still debate that then, hmmmmmmmmmm?
Join Insectduel's forum today!: http://insectduel.proboards.com/

User avatar
MarioLuigiToadAndToad
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby MarioLuigiToadAndToad » Mon May 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
MarioLuigiToadAndToad wrote:(Un-Related Unpopular opinion: I think Super Mario World is better than Super Mario Brothers 3. I'll edit this post with my opinions on why latter)
That's not an opinion, that's the goddamned truth
Now, Now, this is an opinion. I'm pretty sure alot of gamers prefer SMB3.

EDIT: Ninja'd
StrikeForcer wrote:Then why do we have gamers in other communities still debate that then, hmmmmmmmmmm?

I've been working for about half an hour to forty-five on this little "Opinion Fight" in Note Pad, much like my other long written posts. I hope this is good, and if you guys have anything to disagree with me on, go ahead and tell me. I don't bite.

I like Super Mario World for several reasons. I think it was the best game on the Super Nintendo, and was very disappointed playing it's sequel, SMW2: Yoshi's Island. I think this game introduced many game play mechanics than it's predecessors, and it makes it my favorite Mario game of all time.

The spin jump is a great example. What button do you press the most other than the jump button in the game?
This button. When I speed run I spin jump, when I'm in castles I spin jump, when I forget to map the controller buttons correctly I don't mind. I'll just use the spin jum..and I forgot to map that button, too.

Throwing shells and mecha-koopas (the robot things in the final level) upwords. It made room for interesting level design. (example being Yoshi Island 1, when you throw the shell upwords at a block to get the 1-up that's inside of it)

Yoshi isn't a gameplay feature for Mario/Luigi, but Yoshi is my favorite power-up, and I think alot of people would agree with me. It's design is cute, it makes levels easier (duh), and let's all be honest, we have all at one point thrown Yoshi down a pit for that extra boost, right?

If I had any reason to call Mario 3 good, it would be the sprites (All-Stars version). I'm using SMB3 sprites in my project (As well as the SMB3 expanded pack) right now because they look amazing. SMW's graphics look very cartoony, and is not my preferred graphic style. (The Hack Super Mario World: Enchanted fixes that problem though) I will admit though, Bowser's clown cart is one of my favorite sprites in the game, as well as my favorite Boss Battle of all time next to NSMBW's boss battle. SMB3's boss battle was very easy, and I was UBER disappointed when I played him. I beat all those levels for a battle where Bowser defeats himself in attempt to kill me. It's like a dog jumping into the Grand Canyon because I threw a steak down it.

I also think the Super Mario World Hacking community has shown off some kickass level design and sprite edits, so that's another major reason to love this game. Not that it's Nintendo approved, I just thought it would be nice to throw that out one there.

My favorite Hacks are "Super Demo World", "Windows 98", "Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, Lost Levels and World Enhanced", and "MARIO" aka "MARIO - Strangest SMW hack ever"

May I have you guy's opinions on why you think SMB3 is a better game? I don't mind opposite opinions. #DuckYouFanboys #SinceWhenDidWindowsHaveAutoCorrect

EDIT:

Here is the patch to SMW Enhanced, I just got a PM asking for it. Find and patch the ROM yourself. I don't want to get a board warning:


http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=showhack&i ... orce_old=1

User avatar
RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4987
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:36 am
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby RudeGuy » Tue May 05, 2015 1:40 pm

MarioLuigiToadAndToad wrote:I like Super Mario World for several reasons. I think it was the best game on the Super Nintendo, and was very disappointed playing it's sequel, SMW2: Yoshi's Island.
MarioLuigiToadAndToad wrote:Yoshi isn't a gameplay feature for Mario/Luigi,
Just saying, YI isn't really the sequel of SMW. In fact, I even heard that its name should've been "Super Mario: Yoshi's Island" and after the developers changed it to what it is now for some reason.
Also, Yoshi is a gameplay feature (Everything with which the player interacts are a gameplay feature, from what I know), it's just not a power-up.
MarioLuigiToadAndToad wrote:SMB3's boss battle was very easy, and I was UBER disappointed when I played him. I beat all those levels for a battle where Bowser defeats himself in attempt to kill me. It's like a dog jumping into the Grand Canyon because I threw a steak down it.
Agreed, the final boss of SMB3 was even easier than some boss battles. There's even a way to not get almost of all the flames Bowser spits. This doesn't mean SMB3 was bad, though, it too introduced lots of new things like new enemies, platforms, autoscroll levels and other things. A bit like SMW, that's probably why some likes more SMB3 than SMW.
im bored

User avatar
Uzendayo
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 6:11 pm
Current Project: I don't even know anymore

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Uzendayo » Thu May 07, 2015 11:31 pm

LEGEND OF ZELDA OCARINA OF TIME SUCKS MONKEY SCROTUM!!!
*gingerly leans back and grabs popcorn *
Spoiler: show
I placed 18th in CC8,
I placed 8th in CC11, and I
Won 1st in the First Vanilla Level Competition
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
You might know me as Epoch
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING

User avatar
Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5543
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 am
Current Project: ???

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Pseudo » Thu May 07, 2015 11:54 pm

^
care to elaborate?
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016


MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1652
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby MistakesWereMade » Fri May 08, 2015 12:40 am

Dota is a very fun and pleasant game, where everyone takes a friendly attitude, and you/your friends spend their greatest moments together.

Kappa


Return to “Sandbox”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SemrushBot [Bot] and 6 guests