Best and Worst Video Game Ports

This is the place for video games!
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1463
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby MegaDood » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:35 am

Some of the Atari Flashback ports are terrible.
The whole console just doesn't work if the controllers are wireless.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5383
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Too many things atm! Welp! :(
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:29 am

MegaDood wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:35 am
Some of the Atari Flashback ports are terrible.
The whole console just doesn't work if the controllers are wireless.
Lemme guess, you're talking about the 3rd party Atgames system?
My Twitter
Custom 16-bit Mega Drive playable characters (Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG Goals (67% complete)
My Steam
I have Autism & ADHD.
Pokémon Home FC: QRGBGBRYUKQD

User avatar
MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1463
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby MegaDood » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:05 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:29 am
MegaDood wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:35 am
Some of the Atari Flashback ports are terrible.
The whole console just doesn't work if the controllers are wireless.
Lemme guess, you're talking about the 3rd party Atgames system?
Yep, exactly those ones.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5383
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Too many things atm! Welp! :(
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:47 am

MegaDood wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:05 am
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:29 am
MegaDood wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:35 am
Some of the Atari Flashback ports are terrible.
The whole console just doesn't work if the controllers are wireless.
Lemme guess, you're talking about the 3rd party Atgames system?
Yep, exactly those ones.
Okay, I guess it'll be wise to avoid anything from Atgames then
My Twitter
Custom 16-bit Mega Drive playable characters (Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG Goals (67% complete)
My Steam
I have Autism & ADHD.
Pokémon Home FC: QRGBGBRYUKQD

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby PopYoshi » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:05 pm

I still can't get out of my mind New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
(talking about I didn't like it at all)
Image

Image

My project:

Image
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5383
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Too many things atm! Welp! :(
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:18 pm

PopYoshi wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:05 pm
I still can't get out of my mind New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
(talking about I didn't like it at all)
I'm sure you had your reasons to consider New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe as a "Worst" port
My Twitter
Custom 16-bit Mega Drive playable characters (Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG Goals (67% complete)
My Steam
I have Autism & ADHD.
Pokémon Home FC: QRGBGBRYUKQD

User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: Happy new decade
Current Project: Rosalina's Satellite (yet again)
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby Scroll » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:34 am

How did I forget it

Mario Kart 8 port to the Switch is a really great one

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5383
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Too many things atm! Welp! :(
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:41 am

Scroll wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:34 am
How did I forget it

Mario Kart 8 port to the Switch is a really great one
I heard a lot of positive things about the Deluxe port of MK8!
My Twitter
Custom 16-bit Mega Drive playable characters (Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG Goals (67% complete)
My Steam
I have Autism & ADHD.
Pokémon Home FC: QRGBGBRYUKQD

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5383
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Too many things atm! Welp! :(
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:49 pm

I may not be a fan of the Strategy RPG type of games atm, but I'm about to play some Heroes of Might and Magic on the (Nintendo) GBC. And read from some YouTube videos saying that this Strategy RPG game is a "Decent" portable port of the original game. But I'll say it's a okay port!

^^"
My Twitter
Custom 16-bit Mega Drive playable characters (Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG Goals (67% complete)
My Steam
I have Autism & ADHD.
Pokémon Home FC: QRGBGBRYUKQD

User avatar
MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1463
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby MegaDood » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:19 am

Scroll wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:34 am
How did I forget it

Mario Kart 8 port to the Switch is a really great one
I liked the MK8 port because they added more to it.
(Battle mode, two item boxes, more characters).
NSMBU Deluxe just felt like the same two games with a new character.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image
Image

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2447
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: All toasters toast toast
Current Project: Nothing
Chat Username: practical

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby Rhosty » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:26 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:18 pm
PopYoshi wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:05 pm
I still can't get out of my mind New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
(talking about I didn't like it at all)
I'm sure you had your reasons to consider New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe as a "Worst" port
You could pretty much just stick with playing NSMBU instead, it's almost the same thing

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5383
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Too many things atm! Welp! :(
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:49 am

Rhosty wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:26 pm
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:18 pm
PopYoshi wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:05 pm
I still can't get out of my mind New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
(talking about I didn't like it at all)
I'm sure you had your reasons to consider New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe as a "Worst" port
You could pretty much just stick with playing NSMBU instead, it's almost the same thing
Seems legit to me in your opinion!
My Twitter
Custom 16-bit Mega Drive playable characters (Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG Goals (67% complete)
My Steam
I have Autism & ADHD.
Pokémon Home FC: QRGBGBRYUKQD

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5383
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Too many things atm! Welp! :(
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:46 pm

Oh my god, have y'all played the SNES version of freaking Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 2? Don't! It has some loading in it, and in my opinion, it looks ugly in 16-bits! Like holy shit, it's the #1 WORST Street Fighter game on a freaking Nintendo console/handheld* and rather play Alpha/Zero 1 on the GBC, as it's a 8-bit faithful demake of the original 32-bit arcade game!


*Yeah, it's worst than SF2 on the original Gameboy
My Twitter
Custom 16-bit Mega Drive playable characters (Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG Goals (67% complete)
My Steam
I have Autism & ADHD.
Pokémon Home FC: QRGBGBRYUKQD

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5383
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Too many things atm! Welp! :(
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:13 pm

Just played some Tekken Advance (It's a port of Tekken 3, but portable!), and I actually enjoyed my play session. Give it a try if you have a on the go 32-bit fighting game crave! ;)
My Twitter
Custom 16-bit Mega Drive playable characters (Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG Goals (67% complete)
My Steam
I have Autism & ADHD.
Pokémon Home FC: QRGBGBRYUKQD

User avatar
AMinorFlod21
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:57 pm
Flair: (v_!O!^) <-Kirb

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby AMinorFlod21 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:48 pm

I think heard that Mortal Kombat 1-3 had GB ports, not very good.
ImageImageImage ImageImage

I made these :) ^ ^ ^

User avatar
DiamondDude
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:50 pm
Flair: Bowser Main
Chat Username: Diamond
Contact:

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby DiamondDude » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:43 pm

For me, Best is Odyssey.
Worst... Mahjong on Atgame's Sega Genesis Classic.
*Angery Godzilla Noises*

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5383
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Too many things atm! Welp! :(
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:08 pm

AMinorFlod21 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:48 pm
I think heard that Mortal Kombat 1-3 had GB ports, not very good.
Yeah, but I heard that the Gameboy port of Mortal Kombat II was kind of decent and playable
My Twitter
Custom 16-bit Mega Drive playable characters (Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG Goals (67% complete)
My Steam
I have Autism & ADHD.
Pokémon Home FC: QRGBGBRYUKQD

User avatar
AMinorFlod21
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:57 pm
Flair: (v_!O!^) <-Kirb

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby AMinorFlod21 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:15 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:08 pm
AMinorFlod21 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:48 pm
I think heard that Mortal Kombat 1-3 had GB ports, not very good.
Yeah, but I heard that the Gameboy port of Mortal Kombat II was kind of decent and playable
Ah yes, I thought I also heard one of them was good.
ImageImageImage ImageImage

I made these :) ^ ^ ^

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5383
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Too many things atm! Welp! :(
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:59 am

DiamondDude wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:43 pm
For me, Best is Odyssey.
Um.... What "Odyssey" port were you talking about? I know you weren't talking about Super Mario Odyssey, right?
My Twitter
Custom 16-bit Mega Drive playable characters (Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG Goals (67% complete)
My Steam
I have Autism & ADHD.
Pokémon Home FC: QRGBGBRYUKQD

User avatar
SimmondsSuperSponge
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:45 pm
Flair: SMWC to SMBX (MyGFXPack)
Chat Username: Madotsuki

Re: Best and Worst Video Game Ports

Postby SimmondsSuperSponge » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:12 pm

The GameBoy port of the Toy Story game that was also in the SNES and Genesis. Do i really have to explain how bad is this one? Just watch a longplay and you'll see what im talking about


Return to “Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest