Something you didn't know about a video game, video game franchise or video game character

This is the place for video games!
FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Something you didn't know about a video game, video game franchise or video game character

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:34 am

Did y'all know that in the beloved SEGA puzzle game series, Puyo Puyo, the witch character's birthday is October 31st? Well now you know! ;)
Mario RPG Goals (62% of them Done)
Image Image
Best Quotes: show
8bitmushroom wrote: No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote: That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD, big whoop! Wanna fight about it?

Rhosty
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: The world's a little blurry...
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Something you didn't know about a video game, video game franchise or video game character

Postby Rhosty » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:35 pm

The concept of Splatoon originally started out with being a simple shooter game with...tofu block characters, yep, simple grey tofu blocks with turrets that shot some kind of grey ink? That got scrapped and replaced with something called generic humans, and then generic humans with capes lol. That idea was also thrown out for something small and furry. Rabbits! The rabbit idea in Splatoon had lots of concept art and a couple of playable models, but it became weird with how they were shooting ink and how they'd be able to scale walls. The idea to put various Mario characters in Splatoon instead flopped pretty quickly. The final character concept was squids, anthropomorphic squids that looked kinda weird. Finally the kid/squid form was implemented and that solved the problem of players not being able to climb walls, and made shooting ink more reasonable since the characters were squids.
To be continued~
things: show

Get it, Let it roll!

My Switch friend code: SW-1004-3051-8456
My favorite Pokemon from each type: ImageImage
(Eureka02) New YT:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPpwBM ... g/featured
(jaymcantgame) Older YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/ChicaMario64/featured
selective mutism is a nuisance

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:22 am

Did y'all know that Mortal Kombat II actually got banned in 1 of the European countries*? I just heard about it from this YouTube video:

*In Germany to be specific.
Image Image

Koopulution
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Koopulution » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:16 pm

Was it banned because it was too graphic or something like that? I could see a game getting banned in a country simply for being too profane.
"Now look at this net that I just found! When I say 'go', get ready to throw, go!"

Cedur
Bowser
Bowser
Flair: semi-retired user, only interested in post ranks
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:27 pm

It was banned for containing gory violence? But I also read the ban was lifted in March?
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:35 am

Cedur wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:27 pm
It was banned for containing gory violence? But I also read the ban was lifted in March?
Really? Lemme go on Google to see if that's true...

I think you were thinking of Mortal Kombat 11, or something.
Image Image

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter
Flair: A beginner Mario-level modder that also uses SMBX.
Pronouns: He/him/

Postby Lucario » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:33 pm

Super Mario Bros. 2 is actually Super Mario Bros. - The Lost Levels. The game we say that is Super Mario Bros. 2 is Super Mario USA, which is a carbon copy of Doki Doki Panic;

Added in 1 minute 58 seconds:
Hitmontop is from my country, Brazil (CAPOERA YEAH); - Pokémon
Brawl Stars's Colt, one of the first brawlers, was inspired by Star Lord. This is because the original idea of Brawl Stars was in a space theme.

There you go. The weirdest things I didn't know.
Last edited by Lucario on Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! I'm *loud noises overlapping my voice*, but you can call me Lucario! I'm just your run-of-the-mill Mario content creator, nothing too special. If any .lua coder is reading this signature, please read my wants; I'd really appreciate if anyone could code some of my interests in-game! In exchange, I'll do my best that the quality of my level showcasing your work matches your hardwork and efforts!

MarioLover64
Snifit
Snifit

Postby MarioLover64 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:45 pm

Lucario wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:35 pm
Super Mario Bros. 2 is actually Super Mario Bros. - The Lost Levels. The game we say that is Super Mario Bros. 2 is Super Mario Bros. America, which is a carbon copy of Doki Doki Panic;
There was no run button in doki doki panic

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Lucario » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:47 pm

MarioLover64 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:45 pm
Lucario wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:35 pm
Super Mario Bros. 2 is actually Super Mario Bros. - The Lost Levels. The game we say that is Super Mario Bros. 2 is Super Mario Bros. America, which is a carbon copy of Doki Doki Panic;
There was no run button in doki doki panic
Sure, there was some differences, both visual and some misc like the run button thing, but the game essence is still the same. I stand corrected. Not a carbon copy, but like those low-effort Mario hacks that only replace some things on its levels.
Hi! I'm *loud noises overlapping my voice*, but you can call me Lucario! I'm just your run-of-the-mill Mario content creator, nothing too special. If any .lua coder is reading this signature, please read my wants; I'd really appreciate if anyone could code some of my interests in-game! In exchange, I'll do my best that the quality of my level showcasing your work matches your hardwork and efforts!

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:36 am

Bump!

Can we include some things we members of the SMBX community know that others don't know about the video gam devs? Because 1 of the things I'm gonna of the 3 things of "I didn't know about till later in mah life" list might blow y'all's minds. ^-^"

• Before the creation of the 1981 arcade game, Donkey Kong and joining (Nintendo), Shigeru Miyamoto was a manga artist.

• Me and mah Onee-san (mah 30 year old older sister) were big Zelda fans, and we didn't know that the Zelda Oracle of Ages & Oracle of Seasons games for Gameboy Color were both developed by Capcom*, with (Nintendo)'s & Miyamoto's blessings.

• 1 of the 2001 Nintendo Gamecube launch games, Luigi's Mansion, was both originally planned to be rated "13+" during development, AND ( P.S. y'all know what I'm talking about if y'all saw the beta game over screen) was suppose to have a freaking time limit and a nightmare-ish game over scene. :o

*And still to this day, she stills didn't know that. :/
Image Image

Idunn
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Bug Vampire Flair

Postby Idunn » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:09 am

Pretty sure not all Smbx members know these.

My Discord Server: https://discord.gg/KKe7sF4pkc

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm95dw ... mr0_4A9F0w

My Current Project! Super Mario World - Mother Brain Calamity

Spoiler: show

Projects I support!

Rhosty
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: The world's a little blurry...
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Rhosty » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:47 am

Definitely didn't know that bit of info about Zelda and Luigi's Mansion
To be continued~
things: show

Get it, Let it roll!

My Switch friend code: SW-1004-3051-8456
My favorite Pokemon from each type: ImageImage
(Eureka02) New YT:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPpwBM ... g/featured
(jaymcantgame) Older YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/ChicaMario64/featured
selective mutism is a nuisance

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Lucario » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:27 am

1di_Scroll wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:20 pm
MegaDood wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:18 am
Scroll wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:04 pm
I didn't know that Daisy and Luigi were a couple, I got kinda surprised when I noticed that, specially when I saw the Daisy Circuit in MKWii
Did Nintendo actually outright say that? I mainly am unsure because Mario and Daisy are what appears to be a couple in the original Super Mario Land.
It's most likely a thought of mine then
No. Daisy Circuit proves Luigi is Daisy's plumber. They must have made this change for Luigi and lefting Peach for Mario, like, to give appreciation to Luigi..

Added in 45 seconds:
Lucario wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:27 am

lefting Peach for Mario
Super Mario Odyssey tho

Mushroom13
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Mushroom13 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:46 pm

It is strange for me to ban it because of containing gory violence and then lift it back. Honestly, I don't understand such games. Indeed, many of my friends like to play fights, but it must be designed so that it would not be so disgusting and cruel. That's why I personally prefer such games as league of legends. I even found where to buy a lol account for it. Now I can play from different versions, and I made other heroes that can earn additional rewards and levels. It is really an excellent possibility.

KlickyMario321+
Bit
Bit
Flair: Everyone's Favorite Playmobil Fan
Pronouns: they/them

Postby KlickyMario321+ » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:50 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:35 am
Cedur wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:27 pm
Really? Lemme go on Google to see if that's true...

I think you were thinking of Mortal Kombat 11, or something.
Speaking about the Mortal Kombat ii ban thing, it was actually Mortal Kombat 2 that got banned in Germany. Don't let the "II" fool you.
:idea: KlickyMario321+ :idea:
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: One day, we can make the video game world a better place! If you want to make it a better place too, place this in your signature.

I support:

Melethary
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: he

Postby Melethary » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:30 am

Super Mario Bros. 3 was created overnight. Here's what's interesting. To do this, they ported Super Mario Bros. 3 to the PC in parts by running the game on the console and studying the map. No one was supposed to know about it. I've played the D&D Guide in different series. But there hasn't been that kind of excitement in a long time. First of all, I want to point out that translating something this big is titanic work. And Hobby World's hard work on this should definitely bring new players and dungeon masters into the community, for which I am very grateful. I didn't learn English right away, so I'm immensely excited to play such cool stuff.

Return to “Video Games”