Who's your favorite nintendo character

This is the place for video games!
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Who's your favorite nintendo character

Postby Artemis008 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:21 pm

simple, say who your favorite Nintendo character is and explain why.
Zelda is my favorite,OP in smash bros and rarely get's kidnaped when compared to peach,realy cool in LOZOOT and she's a frekin WIZARD for gods sake.

now your turn.

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

Streetzero
Banned

Re: Who's your favorite nintendo character

Postby Streetzero » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:40 pm

>zelda
>op in smash

i hope to hell you're joking

~Streetzero, Shitpost Extraordinaire and Weeb Hunter

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:07 pm

Not joking,definatly not.She's the worst character in the game,until you master teleportation.

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

Ecruteak
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: It's been...
Current Project: figuring out where pee is stored
Chat Username: phony calls

Postby Ecruteak » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:08 pm

You're a wizard, Zelda!

My favourites have to be my three Smash mains-
Toon Link, Mr. Game and Watch and Lucina.

Toon Link, because he's a cartoon Link, which I love.
Mr. Game and Watch, because he's just so RANDOM!
And Lucina, because I find her quite cool.

Notice how none of these characters wear dresses that fly everywhere when they so much as jump (like Peach, Zelda or Palutena), nor do they wear tight clothes that reveal everything (like Sheik or *shudders* Zero Suit Samus). I notice that Samus herself fits into none of those categories, but I prefer Lucina over her.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.
Accounts
YouTube
Wattpad
Twitch
DeviantART
SMW Central (I'm not really active on this one)
AKA BombOS/ShyGuyOfMoonside/ShyGuyXP/ShyGuy37

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:58 pm

I thought they fixed the dress thing in SSBU/SSB3DS.

Ecruteak
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Ecruteak » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:15 pm

Artemis008 wrote:I thought they fixed the dress thing in SSBU/SSB3DS.
They did, but I still heavily dislike characters with dresses. It's just a thing I have.
Accounts
YouTube
Wattpad
Twitch
DeviantART

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:17 am

So you feel the same about characters in dresses as I do about JarJar from star wars.

Thundaga_T2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Thundaga_T2 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:09 am

Rosalina - She's about the only mainstream Mario character that has never gotten kidnapped (So far, dunno if she does in the Mario Party games though). Plus she's pretty cool.

Robin (Fire Emblem) - When I played Awakening, Robin was basically the primary character in all my battles. I chose the female version of course. I also like playing as the female Robin in Smash Bros.

Meta Knight - One of the most awesome characters to come out of the Kirby franchise other than Kirby himself.

I also like Bowser because he's a pretty funny character in some of the spinoffs, and Zelda because she's a princess who actually does something. Though these two i just like a lot. The first three are definitely my highest rated as of now with Rosalina standing at the top.

Devixicus
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Too many things to list here.

Postby Devixicus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:51 am

Samus mother fuckin' Aran is the most badass character to grace this planet. She starts her life as a modest toddler, meeting the chozo in the middle of a trade mishap. She makes friends with aliens before she could fuckin' read, and learned not to fear extra terrestrial life. Moments later, a Space Pirate invasion takes the planet by surprise, and Ridley, a GIANT fuckin' beast, goes up to Samus. You know what she does? She greets him politely, she ain't no bitch. So he tries to attack, when her parents sacrifice themselves to keep her safe. The chozo take her in to become a warrior, the foretold one to save the galaxy from all the menaces it holds. She gets injected with chozo DNA so she can handle the harsh conditions of Zebes without no bitchy suit. She trains, becomes a dangerously skilled hunter, and goes to the Galactic Federation to work as a hunter.

Time passes by, and everybody she knows from Zebes dies after a Space Pirate attack, except for Mother Brain, who is situated as a new leader for the evil forces. Samus is sent on a mission to go to the lands she once lived in and stop all the Space Pirate forces from taking over the entire planet. She braves through treacherous landscapes, defeating menacing beasts, such as Kraid, a massive Pirate captain. Soon enough, she runs into Ridley, the one who killed everybody she loved. She overcomes her PTSD and makes quick work of this massive fuckin' dragon, damaging him to near death and opening the way into the Pirate headquarters in Tourain. She fights of the incredibly powerful metroids, defeats Mother Brain, and escapes the planet before the base explodes. Her ship is shot down, though, and she is forced to infiltrate the mother ship with nothing but a jumpsuit and a stun gun. She gets a new suit, obliterates the forces, and leaves just in time to escape ANOTHER base explosion.

After working a lot of freelance jobs for the Fed, Samus gets tired of the metroids becoming a constant threat, so she chases them down to their homeworld, SR388. There, she realizes the metroids she faced before were only larva. The creatures, in their natural habitat, grow into formidable opponents, but Samus can take them on no problem. She chases them down to their hive and eradicates the species after a fight with the queen. All are left but one egg, which hatches, latching onto Samus as a mother figure. She ain't no heartless bitch, she takes the metroid in and allows the Fed to use it for research.

After a few moments of handing off the baby, she gets a distress signal. The Pirates killed off everybody on the colony she handed the Metroid off to, and worse, they had the hatchling. Samus chases them down to Zebes yet again, and kills off a massive alien spirit, a giant water monster, Kraid, and the mother fucker who is more powerful than ever before, Ridley himself, putting an end to the one who killed both of her families. She ventures into Tourain AGAIN, fights of the metroids AGAIN, and finds Mother Brain, who almost kills her. But her compassion pays off as the hatchling, now the massive "Super Metroid", saves her life and gives her the power to kill Mother Brain like a piece of cake. She hurries off the planet and escapes as the entire thing blows up, leaving nothing but space dust, AND THAT'S ONLY THE FIRST THREE GAMES.
I'm not very active here. It's not really anybody's fault, it's just that I really don't have the dedication to come here daily like some other people. If it takes me a while to get back to you, sorry. If you want to be in more consistent contact with me, you could friend me on Steam.

PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Postby PopYoshi » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:38 am

My favorites are

Kirby

The reason why I like it is because he looks very innocent and very foolish but in Kirby's Return to Dreamland Nintendo showed how tough he is

Yoshi

I love it, is very adorable and I say no more, also, in Yoshi's Island has one of the best boss battles in the story

Luigi

Simple, he is silly and a cowardly character that gives comedy to the game

My project:

Devixicus
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Devixicus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:43 pm

I may have gotten carried away with my Samus talk, so I'll take this time now to list a bunch of highly inferior characters that, out of pity for them being unfairly pit against the greatest galactic warrior the universe has ever seen, are still favorites of mine.

-Princess Peach
She usually takes a really passive role in main Mario games, and acts as a plot device a lot, but she has an endearing personality in some games, Paper Mario: TTYD being my favorite. Beyond that, she's just a really welly designed character, and while I'm a little obsessed with character design, I think it's a fair judgement for something as simple cut as the Mario franchise.

-"Toon Link" (Link in Wind Waker)
Anybody who has played Wind Waker and doesn't think its incarnation of Link is the bets is out of their minds. Who usually is some blank hero who we're supposed to connect to because they're blank is replaced with a real, relatable character. He's not a character simply explained through words, he is shown entirely through expressions and motions. One of the sequences that best shows this is before he's shot into the Forsaken Fortress, showing his facial expression shifting as the countdown to his catapulted gets closer to 0.

And that's it, most Nintendo characters are eyecandy anyways, and I haven't played Fire Emblem yet so I can't put anybody from that on the list.
I'm not very active here. It's not really anybody's fault, it's just that I really don't have the dedication to come here daily like some other people. If it takes me a while to get back to you, sorry. If you want to be in more consistent contact with me, you could friend me on Steam.

Nanaya Jacob
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: When's Mafia
Current Project: "nothing"
Chat Username: Nanaya Jacob

Postby Nanaya Jacob » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:20 pm

Ok here it goes,

Luigi: He has personality unlike his brother, and well reminds me of being me.

Marth: Play the original Fire Emblem on the NES and you will know, or be a pleb and get shadow dragon on the ds.

Link: One pretty cool silent protagonist.

Robin/Avatar: I can bend you to my will and make you into me... heheheh... nah he is pretty much what gave fire emblem: Awakening more popularity, knew him before smash.

Rosalina: Waifu, dare i ask say anymore? Feels different in the Marioverse, so different that she feel like she is not a mario character, and it is awesome.

Lucina: Other Waifu, whatcha gonna do bout it!? You became Marth, then became an awesome person independently, then saved the world from the future, Lucina! What have you done!? You have created a time paradox!

And finally,

Thats it i cant think of anymore actually... :P
CurrentBIGMOOD11/9/18: show
Don't expect me to do anything SMBX related, I'm only really here for nostalgia and Mafia.
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
1 wrote:Mafia is such a riveting game when you make accusations on Night fucking 1 ain't it?

Devixicus
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Devixicus » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:14 am

Bloodedge wrote:Lucina: Other Waifu, whatcha gonna do bout it!?

paulyolo
Bit
Bit
Current Project: Secret

Postby paulyolo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:04 am

Samus Zero Suit
Why I do: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ecruteak
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Ecruteak » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:48 am

Artemis008 wrote:So you feel the same about characters in dresses as I do about JarJar from star wars.
Not really (I'm just assuming I know how you feel about the character), but I just think it's really unprofessional to go to a battle in a dress, as much as it is unprofessional to fight in an extremely tight and revealing suit (Zero-Suit Samus, I'm looking at you, and not for the reason everyone thinks)

Another character I quite like is Luigi. He's a coward but idolises his brother, to the point where he turns into a giant when something happens to Mario (In his mind, but whatever).

Last, Shy Guys. They were my first favourite Nintendo character (which can be seen in my name) and I just love them.
Accounts
YouTube
Wattpad
Twitch
DeviantART

Devixicus
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Devixicus » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:29 am

ShyGuy37 wrote:
Artemis008 wrote:So you feel the same about characters in dresses as I do about JarJar from star wars.
Not really (I'm just assuming I know how you feel about the character), but I just think it's really unprofessional to go to a battle in a dress, as much as it is unprofessional to fight in an extremely tight and revealing suit (Zero-Suit Samus, I'm looking at you, and not for the reason everyone thinks)
I don't think that it's a bad thing Samus wears the Zero Suit. The point of it is to be wearing something under the armor, and I imagine it's not very comfortable against bare skin. It's really just in Smash because they wanted to milk the fanservice out of the suit they already designed, and technically Samus is really agile.

Streetzero
Banned

Postby Streetzero » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:20 am

She is part-Chozo, after all.

~Streetzero, Shitpost Extraordinaire and Weeb Hunter

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:02 pm

Robin is pretty cool too ,considering he's one of the few customizable characters that get there own dialog and stuff.

Seriously,compare link to robin,link doesn't actualy respond to other characters in his games which severely limits his storyline,robin can actually have his own children,which gives him a much more expanded storyline then link.

TheKingOfBoos
Grinder
Grinder
Current Project: ROIP

Postby TheKingOfBoos » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:55 pm

Dimentio, because he's fricking awesome. I love the way he talks.
<TheKingOfBoos> I don't speak non-american, shadowstar, I have no idea how hot that is
<Kogasa> it's like 92-93 in patriot units
<Merve> TKOB for next mod
Support the GGP! Put this in your signature!
I support:
ImageImageImageImage

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:01 pm

Dimentio was WAY cooler then bowser,I might use him in my game.

Return to “Video Games”