Mario and Luigi series

This is the place for video games!

What is/are your favorite Mario and Luigi game?

Mario and Luigi superstar saga (gba)
32%
Mario and Luigi partners in time (ds)
16%
Mario and Luigi bowsers inside story (ds)
23%
Mario and Luigi dream team bros (3ds)
19%
Mario and Luigi paper jam bros (3ds)
10%

Total votes: 31
Cedrik
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Mario and Luigi series

Postby Cedrik » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:29 am

What is your favorite (vote)?

Why?

Whits M+L games did you play?

Saltlord
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: bruh

Re: Mario and Luigi series

Postby Saltlord » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:38 am

I've played every game except for Superstar Saga and Paper Jam. My favourite is Partners in Time(TM), mainly because of the memories and the darker atmosphere. I also enjoyed BiS, but I had an english rom during elementary school, so I didn't understand the story, lol.

Cedrik
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Cedrik » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:54 am

I love paper jam bros, because it is a crossover!
Spoiler: show
The gameplay of Paper Mario is nice!

Super star saga is great, because it is the first M L game.

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец

Postby h2643 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:52 am

Out of them all I think Dream Team Bros. was the best M & L game. I did played Superstar Saga and I found it to be a bit less enjoyable than Dream Team Bros.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:11 pm

Superstar Saga is my favourite Mario & Luigi game, be it just because of Nostalgia, the Artstyle and lovable characters such as the Popple & Rookie duo which you encounter throughout the game.

My second-favourite in the series is Dream Team. Great music, story, graphics, all that jazz. I especially liked how more elaborate attacks and the options to counter them were. My only gripe with it is that often times areas take a bit too long. There's a lot of needless stretching in this game to make it longer. The 30+ hours of gameplay can be summarised in 1. finding the dream stone, 2. getting the zeekeeper 3. defeating bowser. Something which throws the player off-track like when they get stranded in Superstar Saga would've been a nice touch, in my opinion.

Third-favourite has to be Partners in Time. The area is beautiful and I love time-travel. It's also really dark for a Mario game. Maybe if I replay this one day it'll actually rise beyond Dream Team in this list.

Least favourite of the ones I've played is Bowser's Inside Story. To me, it got really repetitive after a while. Especially as all the areas you visit are either Grassland or Intestines.

I have had no chance to play Paper Jam yet, but I've spoiled myself a bit about it, and the only thing I moderately like about it is the main battle theme. Nothing really appeals to me, and to me this seems like a crossover of Sticker Star and Dream Team, which is... why not any of the other Paper Mario games?! Sticker Star had barely anything innovative, and I feel like that carried over into Paper Jam.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy

Postby Aero » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:21 pm

Enjl wrote:It's also really dark for a Mario game.
I don't get this meme. The game wasn't dark at all.

Out of the ones I've played:
SSG >= PiT > BiS

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:22 pm

AeroMatter wrote:
Enjl wrote:It's also really dark for a Mario game.
I don't get this meme. The game wasn't dark at all.
I don't get this meme. I said FOR A MARIO GAME.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy

Postby Aero » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:32 pm

But it wasn't dark tho. How can it be dark for a Mario game if it isn't dark at all.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:34 pm

AeroMatter wrote:But it wasn't dark tho. How can it be dark for a Mario game if it isn't dark at all.
capitalism

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:47 pm

AeroMatter wrote:But it wasn't dark tho. How can it be dark for a Mario game if it isn't dark at all.
Toads being sucked dry of their blood or whatever

I freaked me out when I was little

Luigi's Mansion is similar, it might only be a parody of a horror game, but it was very spooky to me when I was young (and a lot of other people too)

My favorite is still Superstar Saga. I didn't play it first though so I don't think I'm a nostalgia whore.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab

Postby underFlo » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:08 pm

Currently replaying DT and I'll hopefully finish it before I get PJ for Christmas.

I didn't remember that game being too great (I actually never beat it), but replaying it now, I'm really enjoying it. I especially like the dream areas and how the enemies there are reflections of real-world enemies and things.

My favorite M&L is probably either SS or DT, with BiS after them and then PiT. I haven't really played PiT in ages though, so maybe I should do that.
im a girl yo

Ecruteak
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: It's been...

Postby Ecruteak » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:41 am

Didn't I already make a topic of this?

Oh well.

The Mario and Luigi games are a HUGE part of my childhood, and I started my adventure with Bowser's Inside Story. I love everything about these games. I'm hoping to get Paper Jam soon.
Ambiguously active.

Thundaga_T2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Thundaga_T2 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:06 am

My favorite so far is Superstar Saga, with Bowser's Inside Story being a close second. Right now Partners In Time is last, I've yet to play enough of Dream Team to have an opinion on it. I havent played Paper Jam yet.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab

Postby underFlo » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:41 am

so like is this intentional or did i just discover a glitch
im a girl yo

Shocker
Spiny
Spiny

Mario & Luigi Series

Postby Shocker » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:17 pm

Mario & Luigi is a fun, RPG Nintendo series that has had five moderately to incredibly well recieved games. Superstar Saga, the first in the series, is commonly cited among the best games for its system, and the accolades have continued since with Partners in Time, Bowser's Inside Story, Dream Team, and now Paper Jam.

Paper Jam came out a few weeks ago in Japan, and the game has been recieving mixed-to-good reviews. The main gimmick is that Paper Mario's universe has spilled into the regular Mario universe, so he teams up with the brothers to stop evil and yadda yadda yadda.

For those unfamiliar or rusty with the series, each installment since the first features a main player character gimmick or trait. Here's a summary of the playables for each game.
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga- Mario and Luigi are controlled with the Gameboy's A+B buttons. At many spots in the adventure, the two must separate and control individually.
  • Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time- Mario, Luigi, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi are controlled with the DS's ABX+Y buttons. The babies separate from the adults in many situations.
  • Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story- Mario, Luigi, and Bowser are controlled with the DS's ABX+Y buttons. Bowser and the brothers are separate for a lot of the game.
  • Mario & Luigi: Dream Team- Mario and Luigi are controlled with the 3DS's A+B buttons, and sometimes control the personification of Luigi's sleeping conciousness with the touchscreen.
  • Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam- Mario, Luigi, and Paper Mario are controlled with the AB+Y buttons.
Additionally, each adventure takes place in some unique/modified setting with its own enemies.
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga- Beanbean Kingdom with bean/laughter themed enemies/places
  • Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time- Mushroom Kingdom past with Shroob themed enemies/places
  • Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story- Inside Bowser with body themed enemies/places
  • Mario & Luigi: Dream Team- P'illo Island with dream/sleep themed enemies/places
  • Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam- Mushroom Kingdom (paper invaded), with paper enemies

So, what do you think the next move for the series is? We have a clear pattern of new protagonists and locations that aren't normally featured, so there's plenty of options! I have a few personal ideas.
  • Mario & Luigi: Pretty in Pink- The Bros. team up with Princess peach in some new location. Like the Beef Kingdom.
  • Mario & Luigi: Extended Family- In an unprecedented party of four (IDK how it'd work, most likely only three of them), Wario and Waluigi join the Brothers.
  • Mario & Luigi: Egg-cellent Adventure- YOSHI FOR THE WIN

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: local guy

Re: Mario & Luigi Series

Postby RudeGuy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:31 pm

im bored

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Re: Mario & Luigi Series

Postby h2643 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:42 pm

This topic is much better organized though.

Ecruteak
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: It's been...

Postby Ecruteak » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:43 am

Spoiler: show
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 17#p151717 I don't care how much I get bashed or hated on for this.

Check the date before you hate, please!
I'm hoping that I'll be able to get Paper Jam soon, since it mixes two Nintendo RPGs that I like a lot. Although from what I've seen, it doesn't look like there's Paper Luigi in the party, and that's a little disappointing. But oh well.
Ambiguously active.

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby h2643 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:54 am

Even though Paper Luigi is not playable in Paper Jam, he is actually in the game ;)

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:59 am

I find the op should be edited with the info Shocker gave. That would make it look more and better organized.

Return to “Video Games”